The Rich-Poor divide

Brekkie Boy

I would have loved to have seen a rich/poor divide in the all-stars. I wonder how many of them would have begged to have been votred out. Oh yes, and of course Will on the poor side with Boogie on the Rich or vise versa......either way would have worked for me. Marcellous would have begged to be voted out if he had to use an outhouse! In my opinion...............that's entertainment! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know ...All I know is that after this season I am over it...It is getting to be too predictable and you dont see the stars on anything else...Give me the Real World, Road Rules and Survivor... Dancing with the Stars ratings shot past BB on finale night...that spoke volumes...only a small % of America watches BB. The ratings were poor this year...the only time the ratings were a hit was with Sov6 vs friendsheep...BB got its 15 minutes of fame...

I think the fact that the divide has so divided the fanbase here shows it is what the show really needs - something a bit controversial which divides opinion, not just amongst the houseguests but amongst the viewers.

While obviously a twist that the fans unanimously hate is no good for a show, the same could be said for a twist that everyone agrees is great. That would just be too safe!

I dont see this rich poor idea ever working in the USA!!!!! Dont count on it anyways!!!! Ive always said I would like a 2 houses with seperate cast they compete not knowing that there is a whole house of other houseguests waiting for them. Then when you get down to like final 6-4 in each house im assuming you would start 10 each so they wouldnt be suspicious anything less and they may be suspicious then merge them. Can you imagine the reaction of that!!!!!!! Unforunately the biggest problem with this is there isnt enough time in 1 hour to show 2 houses let alone 1 sometimes. So it would have to be a 2 hour show or on six times a week or something?

Can I ask deedsy why you think a house divided (into rich and poor) wouldn't work but would like to see a two house format?

Australia did the two house thing a few years ago, and we had a secret "House Next Door" this year.

Logistically it's virtually impossible to have two houses side by side kept a secret, but if you accept that but just forbid communication between the two houses it should be fine.

Two houses would be my next suggestion. Begin with 7 or 8 in each house and have them operate seperately for the first few weeks, with each having a HoH and a nominee evicted from each house.

That allows for some simple twists such as the HoH switching houses and choosing the nominees in their new house, or the nominees switch houses and their new housemates voting on who is evicted.

After a few weeks the two houses merge into one and the game continues as normal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now BB8 has been confirmed just want to return to this idea and see what you think.

As I said elsewhere, this year they've got to concentrate on shaking up the format, rather than the cast.

Whether that's just a case using the existing format and throwing in a twist every few weeks, or doing something like this with one big change to the show which affects the bulk of the series, I don't know - but a change is required and as I've said before, I genuinely think this could work.

(Full format idea on page 1, along with a houseplan further down the page).

I had a theory in BB6 that there was another house in the studio that mirrored the first house, and instead of going to sequester everyone went to the house in the parallel BB universe. I figured after there was enough in the other house, they'd start doing comps against them, and maybe do some swaps, of course I was wrong.

I like the rich/poor idea. I wanted to call it "Back to Basics" and make it like army basic training until they earn all the luxuries and toys. I want to see a drill sergeant wake them up at 6AM to do callisthenics. The truth is I've never liked any of the houseguests and I'm sick of them being treated like reality TV stars, I want to lock them in the house and be mean to them. :boxing:

I guess I'm kidding, but you're right they need to shake things up.

The rich poor divide doesn't really do it for me. I would like to see some of the aspects from the international BB brought in and see how they handle it. I liked from BB AU this year where they only had hot water for a certain amount of time each MORNING and they also had to do exercises every morning before the hot water was turned on. It made for some interesting watching on the feeds. They had to do this stuff and it got them all out of bed at a decent hour.

Archived