Shame on you CBS

soapoperahomo

... CBS for producing one of the most degrading segments I have ever seen. What you did to Erika was humiliating and uncalled for. What you did to Janelle was embarrassing and shameful. You asked these people to come play a game for a 2nd time. You asked them to be boisterous, loud, and unfiltered. You encouraged drunken behavior. Give these players the respect to let them see everything that went on in the privacy of their homes. Don't humiliate them on national tv and ask them how they feel. Don't have their rivals tell them they were used and they play clips to back them up. Not to mention Boogie and James who did what the show wanted, and now return to their adoring public (adoring = everybody thinks they're scum) Boogie and James should feel bad about the mean things they said but so should Howie, Marcellas, Danielle, Jase and many of the other cast. We didn't see them put out on front street by CBS. This is one time I can agree with Rush Limbaugh (or use one of his phrases) These people are victims of the drive by media

Surfgranny, the finale actually only had 8 million viewers. It definately doesn't rank as one of the most watched ever.

As for what CBS did, I kind of feel it goes with what the show is all about. We get to see everything that happens in the house for 3 months, why try to sugarcoat it at the very end? Fans would complain if they DIDN'T show something a bit uncomfortable.

As for everyone hating James? Sorry, I am actually a huge fan of his and wish he had been sitting in the finals instead of Boogie.

Dep

I think CBS's intent was to call out Boogie and James for their personal insults. Unfortunately, Erika and Janelle got lost in the shuffle. But they both handled it well, as well as could be expected under the circumstances. And, in the end, everybody realizes that it speaks volumes about Boogie and James, and very little about Erika and Janelle.

I'm not sure the ratings, but you can be sure more or less people didn't tune in because of that segment. They didn't know the segment was going to happen.

You can do that segment without degrading people. They could have left out James saying Janelle was fat or Boogie saying Erika was a ho. You could have exposed the double talking. There were so many pieces you could've put in that segment, but they chose calling Janelle fat and Erika a ho.

I am a 20 something male that hangs out with many of your athletic, meathead, alpha male types. I have been roommates with a few. Well one of my roommates didn't like that I watched General Hospital. So he gave me the nickname soapoperahomo thinking I would be embarrassed and stop watching them. Well, his plan didn't work

Fizzle :D

As for the avatars, I think they were taken down during BB because of all the action on the site? But they're back, now that it's over.

hmmmm

ok.. i think that a lot of fans wanted cbs to call people out on their behavior. i was disapointed that they didnt air boogie saying all the crap he did about janelle. what he said about janelle was far worse than anything he ever said about erika.

the fact is... when CBS edits things out, the fans get mad because we have seen on the live feeds what they are really like and then to see them on the show like they are angels is just wrong. we want reality. if we wanted the PG-Toddler version we would watch romp-a-room.

of course i understand if some people thought it uncool to air what they did.. but the fact is, there was so much they DIDNT air that would have been way worse.

PS.. hey um soapoperahomo... do you go by anything short? like soap.. or opera.. or homo :huh: ? :)

you can call me anything you want for short... dirtysportsstraight

I am straight "not that there's anything wrong with that"

I think the challenge for any producer is to make good tv, but what's the cost? How can I get this jury to question the votes they just made. (they knew which keys went in that box, notice the order) but keep things in the context of the show. Don't try to sabotage friendships/relationships by showing 2 second clips. Why did they never show Erika sitting at the kitchen table w/ Janelle saying she would never date Boogie outside the house? Have Diane ask Janelle something about Toni? Have Nakomis tell James that George isn't an evil genious. Why embarrass the people you're sending out to do press for you? I can tell you Erika and Boogie did not want to be on housecalls today ... that was evident by their body language

I can tell you Erika and Boogie did not want to be on housecalls today ... that was evident by their body language

I thought the body language was more like Erika didn't want to be anywhere near Booger. She was as far over in her chair as she could get from him. He seemed to be enjoying his chance to set the record straight that he's a nice guy and relished the opportunity to plug his new restaurants and his upcoming stint on the Amazing Race.

Forget shame on CBS, those people signed up for this not once, but TWICE. They know what its about. CBS promised them more because they were All-Stars and they got it. They got more time in the limelight.

Look at us, we're still talking about them and will be for a while. Do I feel sorry for the girls? Not really, Erika got hit with some cold hard reality. Erika herself called Janelle many of the same things Boogie called her, so for her to be all shocked at what Boogie said would be a joke. As a matter of fact, she did just that on The View when Rosie mentioned something Boogie had called Erika when she herself had said the exact thing about Janelle only a few nights before. She also called her fat, so James wasn't the only one. They all prostitute themselves for the chance at a half million bucks and we are supposed to feel sorry for them? Not a chance.

BTW what is this about Boogie being on TAR???

he thinks he is going on TAR with Will, but then so does Janelle and probably so does Erin since Will stated in his interview that he and Erin were trying to get on the show.

they only gave them alcohol when they needed soundbites and footage .. like having a margarita party when danielle is in lockdown... (don't get me wrong that was good tv... showing how much dani sacrificed trying to get pov)

why didnt erika want to be anywhere near booger? um cbs? ummm

so, now CBS is in the business of giving life lessons.. "Erika got hit with some cold hard reality"

so now a woman is a ho if she has a showmance on tv

you make my points for me rejuvenated everybody talked about everyone but yet they chose to isolate these incidents... it is silly... and especially to erika they owe a big apology

The cold hard reality I was talking about was the way Boogie talked about her, I didn't call her a ho or anything of the kind.

She bad mouthed CBS, threatened to sue, whine, moaned and bitched the whole season; CBS owes her nothing. And yes, I am fully aware that other people on the show whined, bitched and moaned all season about the treatment they received, so don't say I am picking on Erika.

I had 2 other shows I wanted to DVR the night of the Finale. Dancing with the Stars and House were on at the same time. There was a lot of competition in the ratings.

me 2, I hate my dvr though because i can record 2 things @ the same time, but have to watch either of the 2, or something I previously recorded. So I had to record 2 things & watch something else in another room.

LOL, I still live in the dark ages without the benefit of DVR or Tivo; I watched Dancing With the Stars and the BB finale the old fashioned way, wearing out the batteries in my remote, flipping back and forth, back and forth, making any man who clings to his remote proud! The good part is, I was able to do it without missing one dance or any of the important parts of the finale. Thank god the commercials breaks weren't in sync.

My only gripe about the finale is that Marcellas wasn't exposed as the annoying, backstabbing, twofaced jack ass that he was in the house...other than that...I got closure :D

...By the way, 's.o.homo', why not post to call people out with your regular board name, next time? just to keep it real, ya know?... :lol:

Archived