Tuesday, September 12 - Live Finale Show

uvp

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shove the whole class act thing, been there done that, Boogie must be your ideal of class.

As for the parents, well...............at this point I don't feel sorry for anyone who is in any way involved in these shows. Boogie et all come into this knowing what it was like and what the reprecussions might be on the family, friends etc. His mom went on national TV and gloated about him. She stepped in and made herself part of the show, fair game.

Parenting is a tough act. If we take pride in their accomplishments, then we have to also bear some responsibility for their failures.

If Boogie was my kid, of course I'd be thrilled he just won 500K, but I sure wouldn't be proud of the way he did it.

I'm just wondering about all the people that are slamming Boogie's parents. How many of you are parents? I would think, not many of you. As a parent myself, I will say, you raise them with love and teach them the best that you can. The parents are not responsible for the decisions or actions that their children make. My parents had five children. We were all raised under the same values and love. When we grew up, 1 is a Doctor, 1 is a Lawyer, 1 is a CEO, 1 is a teacher, and 1 is a drug addict. Adults make their own way in life, the parents can't make them live the way they want them too.

You have a point Bama Lady. Parents cannot always control how their kids turn out. However, parents can still hold their kids accountable for their actions no matter how old they are. I'm sure Boogies mom loves him unconditionally, as she should, but I'm sure she had to be horrified at what she saw and heard. Instead of hugging him she should have grabbed him by the ear and drug him off for a nice little chat.

By the way, I am a parent. I am also one of 4 kids and like your family, some of us have been "good kids" and some of us have not. Just because our parents love us no matter what doesn't mean they don't let us know when we have really screwed up.

i am a parent and if that was my son on tv acting that way, i would be slapping him upside the head first chance i got.

heck, if that was ME on the show.. my mother would have done a segment saying that i was always the odd person of the family and that they are ashamed to say they are related to me. She probably would go on national tv just to say that i deserve a good ass kickin.

i cant for the life of me see how any parent could watch their adult son act the way boogie acted and say the things boogie has said and still be proud of them. love them of course.... but that is nothing to be proud of.

A mother of a 30 something year old man is not going to do that. He had just won with cash and prizes close to $590,000 dollars. She is going to rejoice with him in front of others. When they had a chance to talk in private, I'm sure she told him how wrong he was for speaking to a lady like that.

i am a parent and if that was my son on tv acting that way, i would be slapping him upside the head first chance i got.

Just curious, how old is your child?

My kid is a teenager so I haven't been the parent of an adult yet. But I do know what my mother would have done. I would bet money on the fact that she would have walked right past me and would have given Erika the hug. Then she would have turned around and asked me what the hell my problem was. My mom loves me to the ends of the earth but I respect the fact that she has no problem calling her kids out on crap behavior and in a situtation like that it wouldn't matter if it was on national tv or that I had just won a prize. She would have been horrified at they way it was won. Hell, she probably wouldn't even take the car, she would probably MAKE me give at least some of the prizes or winnings to Erika to try to make up for the fact that I had been a complete ass. I have unconditional love, but I also have a healthy fear of embarrasing my parents, especially in public. :)

I don't want any of you to think that I think what Boogie said was right. He was totally wrong, no if ands or buts about it. I also blame CBS. They should not have played that DR session.

As far as Erika goes, (I want to put this as nice as I can), A man can only enter a womans house if she opens the door. ;)

People at Jokers are saying that Erin Brodie was at the finale.....did anyone else read/hear or even see this?

No someone that was there said she was not there along with Lisa and a few others its in the In Depth section on JUs

Remember during one show they interviewed Will and Boogies mom and she said she was proud to be a CT mom or something like that.

I'm not going to read anything into her being happy that night her son won 500 so maybe after she may have issued her dismay over how he acted...nobody will ever know.I can't for the life of me believe she would be okay with his actions

Just curious, how old is your child?

right now he is going on 14. but that doesnt really matter. nobody is ever too old for a slap upside the head. :lol::lol:

heck, didnt julie slap marcellass upside the head season 3?

I have unconditional love, but I also have a healthy fear of embarrasing my parents, especially in public.
itwasntme

i am totally with you on this... in fact i will raise you another... i have a healthy fear of pissing my mother off and getting slapped upside the head!

LMAO! I was going to put the same comment in another thread where this is being discussed but I was afraid if I did, someone would call me abusive!! I also agree with whomever commented that their own mother would slap them upside the head. I for one would not want to have to listen to the tirade my mother would let loose if I did something like Boogie did. I wouldn't do this to my mother partly because she scares me, partly because I'd want to be able to hit the mute button to shut her up and mainly because I respect her. My guess is Boog doesn't respect his mother so why should he respect other women?

Here's a conversation I believe could well have taken place between Mike and his mom after the show:

"Son, I'm happy you won the money, but I must tell you I'm somewhat ashamed and embarrassed over the way you treated the women, especially Erika. The things you said about her were awful!"

"Mom, you know how much I love and respect women. I truly love Erika as a friend and would never intentionally say or do anything to humiliate her. The producers always told us what to say in the DR. They did everything but hand us a script."

"Oh, Mike, I feel so much better now. I just KNEW my boy

wouldn't talk or act like that unless he was told to."

"Thanks, Mom. I feel better now that you feel better. You can always be sure of this Mom . . . I would never lie to anyone, especially you!"

Mom gives Mike a pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek, saying "I'm so proud of you!"

I'm right there with you rejuv and fizzle. Mom's are SCARY!!! :D My mom had a thousand phrases she would use. "I'll rip out your arm and beat you with it", "I'll slap you into next week", and my alltime favorite "I'll kick your butt right so hard you'll be parting your asscheeks to smile"...lol. I wonder if Boogie's mom put him in the car and drove him over to Erika's and made him apologize.

Oldguy, do you think his mom would buy that line of BS?

"I'll rip out your arm and beat you with it",

:o i never heard that one and i am glad i didnt!!! hahaha

me and my sister always heard "if you dont knock it off i am gonna knock your two heads together" :blink: and she did.

Excellent point Bama.

Yuck this is bringing back so many childhood mommy memoires.........."sit up in that chair, be ladylike!" To this day if I sit comfortably and god forbid drop a leg over the arm of a chair and slouch, I have this feeling she is going to walk into the room and tell me to sit like a lady. Knocking our heads together was a popular threat too.

Bamalady, totally agree with you, I have 4 grown children the youngest one is 29, the oldest is 39, you can only give them the best you know about the right things to do and how it should be as far as how one acts, treats others,etc, and then they will do exactly what they want, and sometimes it is without giving what they have learned thru the years a second thought. My mothers own words have come crashing down around me as I have gotten older and she taught me really good things, but I never always put to use what she said and of course when we reach a certain age, it is always with alot of regret. Boogie did things he thinks was "cool, and wants to look like "the man" to his buds, in hindsight for him he will have regrets, but I long ago quit getting embarrassed about some of the crazy bs my kids have pulled, it is not a direct reflection of my raising them. I have worked in several places with 2 of my children and they have been at times not dependable and never did any of my friends or bosses think they got that from me who is sooo dependable, even tho we give the best moral code to our kids and try to show them what is respectful it doesn't always work out that they do the right thing all the time, that's the best we can do. I certainly would let one of my kids know for sure when they have let themselves down, cause that is who they are dissing, not me. Happy to say my kids have learned greatly from their mistakes and for that I can be happy.

Archived