Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Anyone remember?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

NashandNoahfan

NashandNoahfan

• Pip
  • 204 posts
I liked Port Charles until the vampire storyline. Right now I just watch All My Children and I only catch it on days off and when march madness is not going on. I have watched some GH and OLTL in the past, but only have time to follow one soap right now.

FishyLynn

FishyLynn

• LFU
  • 85 posts
loved Capitol and the feuding McCandless & Clegg families, Capitol was cancelled to make way for the Bold & Beautiful a soap I never watched because it led to Capitol being cancelled

just like I never watched Passions as it was the reason Another World was cancelled followed Another World and its 2 spin-offs Somerset and Texas.

also miss Search for Tomorrow, Loving, and Generations.

rosebudmom

rosebudmom

• Pip
  • 951 posts
my grandmother has bee a General Hospital fan since it first started on the air.

I was hooked when I was 16 during the summer of the Luke and Laura atory years ago, but then didn't watch for years until my pregnancies with my 2 kids. I was on bed rest and about the only thing to do was watch soaps. (and cross-stictch) Haven't watched in years though. Do they still have those characters that made us laugh like Tracy Quartermaine, or Lucy?

FishyLynn

FishyLynn

• LFU
  • 85 posts
this is quite American

you haven't been subjected to the Australian soaps.......

never have seen Australian soaps before though Coronation Street and Eastenders 2 British soaps held my attention for a few years

FishyLynn

FishyLynn

• LFU
  • 85 posts
Did anyone follow the half-hour soap from 1966-1971 on ABC-Tv ? it was a gothic, supernatural, time-travelling, spooky soap opera called Dark Shadows and was about the Collins family who live in the haunted/cursed Collinwood mansion in Collinsport, Maine. Along with witches, werewolves, ghost, zombies, and vampire Barnabas Collins.

While it had its Tv run it also was made into movies at the theatre.

1970 House of Dark Shadows (MGM)
1971 Night of Dark Shadows (MGM)

I've seen the 2 movies but never did see the 1,225 episodes of the daytime soap.
But I did see the 12 episodes of the 1991 revival series on NBC-Tv it was a night time soap on Fridays.

Johnny Depp purchased the rights to make a new Dark Shadows movie for the theatres where
he will play Vampire Barnabas Collins, I am thinking Tim Burton will direct. And I am hoping it will draw enough
interest that some network will re-run the original Dark Shadows soap opera.

DARK SHADOWS

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I remember that show(The 1991 one though)Wasn't born when the other ones were on..LOL
That be neat of Johnny did make that movie because I loved that night time soap and I love Johnny so..lOL

rosebudmom

rosebudmom

• Pip
  • 951 posts
I remember dark shadows. wow was that a while back....

FishyLynn

FishyLynn

• LFU
  • 85 posts
I also remember the soap operas that were sitcom soaps

Mary Hartman
Soap
the Mini-series Fresno (carol burnett)

can't forget the night time soaps

Peyton Place
Flamingo Road
Dallas
Dyna$ty
Falcon Crest
Bare Essence (Genie Francis (GH) was in this one)
Knots Landing
Melrose Place
the Colby's
Emerald Point

FishyLynn

FishyLynn

• LFU
  • 85 posts
Hey y'all check out this cool soap retrospective

various Soap Operas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users