Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Anyone remember?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I miss Port Charles ... it was short run, and I think I was it's only fan, but I liked it ...

There were many other old daytime friends like Ryan's Hope?

TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts
I used to watch Port Charles I liked it actually.

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
OMG, I LOVED Another World. I got hooked to daytime soaps pretty late in life. In 1994/5, while an undergrad at university, a friend of mine introduced me to Another World (the first ever daytime soap I watched) and I loved it. I planned my entire life around it. I really do miss it and cannot understand why it was cancelled..... sad.gif

TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts
I loved Another World and I went to school across the street from the studio's in Brooklyn where it was filmed. I always saw familiar faces at the bagel store :wink:

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
I wish it was still on cause then maybe Michael Easton (john) wouldn't be infecting OLTL with his boring acting

Blue_Rose

Blue_Rose

• Pip
  • 67 posts
I loved Another World. Especially Felicia Gallant. I grew up watching this show. I miss it show too.

HOUSE_MD

HOUSE_MD

• Pip
  • 5 posts
There also used to be a soap called Edge of Night.
Anyone remember that one?

Guest_ladytex_*

Guest_ladytex_*
  • Guests
I remember Ryan's Hope and there was another 30 minute soap on CBS that I don't remember the name of. It was about a politician and his family or something like that. It was on before B&B was created, in that time slot.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I think it was Capitol?

SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts
Good ranster! I loved Capitol and was disappointed when it ended. I can't remember the actress on it that I liked. I think she was married to David Hasselhoff(I know how much you enjoy him, ranster..lol) at one time. Catherine somebody?? I like the idea of 30 minute soaps...a quick fix everyday so I can move on with life..lol

I remember Port Charles too and liked it. You weren't the only fan ranster. As short of a run that it had...here it was even shorter because locally it was replaced or put on a channel that I don't get (don't have cable/satellite/or anything else...just plain ol' tv...lol).

DiamondAuraPayge

DiamondAuraPayge

• Pip
  • 1,516 posts
QUOTE(ranster627)
I think it was Capitol?

I miss Capital. And Another World, still don't know why THAT one was cancelled. Really miss Texas. Oh to be able to go back in the day to see some old shows :)

DiamondAuraPayge

DiamondAuraPayge

• Pip
  • 1,516 posts
[quote=SerenityNow]Good ranster! I loved Capitol and was disappointed when it ended. I can't remember the actress on it that I liked. I think she was married to David Hasselhoff(I know how much you enjoy him, ranster..lol) at one time. Catherine somebody?? I like the idea of 30 minute soaps...a quick fix everyday so I can move on with life..lol

I remember Port Charles too and liked it. You weren't the only fan ranster. As short of a run that it had...here it was even shorter because locally it was replaced or put on a channel that I don't get (don't have cable/satellite/or anything else...just plain ol' tv...lol).

Catherine Hickland, she is now married to All My Children's Michael Knight (lol yes same name as David Hasselhoff's Knight Rider character) who plays Tad. She plays Lindsay on One Life To Live. (the dual role of Julie Clegg and Jenny Diamond on "Capitol," and as Dr. Courtney Marshall on "Texas." "The City" (1995) TV Series .... Tess Wilder Partou Huston
"Loving" (1983/I) TV Series .... Tess Wilder Partou Huston, she was also a temp placement as Brooke Logan Forrester on Bold and The Beautiful)
Miss Loving but mostly miss The City. But the Loving murders were something I ran home to watch EVERY day.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
Did anyone ever watch santa barbara and texas?I use to love those.Me and my mom watched them everyday.

jayjay

jayjay

• Pip
  • 131 posts
I love Another World and Texas! They took Another World off because of low ratings and they needed the spot for Passions. I still can't belive they did that!

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
If you get the Soapnet channel (I think that's the name) they run old episodes of Ryan's Hope and Port Charles at present. The were running AW as well.

wolfrider

wolfrider

• LFU
  • 1,205 posts
I loved Another World , General Hospital way back when Laura was raped by Luke , Days of Our lives when Marlena was married to some one beside John and Roman her first Husband actually and her Twin was still alive ( Killed by the Salem Strangler aka Jake Cosselchek brother of Chris Cosselcheck who was played by the same character that last I looked was playing Roman Brady)

I Loved Santa Barbara and Edge of Night.

But for those Another world fans I have a trivia Question For you lets see who gets it.

Felicia Gallant was known to Hang around Querky People , one of her Best Friends was Eugene who later Married Calliopee and left the show. Now the Question is What is the Character Known as Eugene on Another World is Best Know today as What character, and on what show.

snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,339 posts
Eugene and Caliope were also on Days but I remember him most as a character from Star Trek. Don't remember his name though!

wolfrider

wolfrider

• LFU
  • 1,205 posts
Very Good , Star Trek is Correct and He is Que ( the almighty , lmao) . Okay did I get my show wrong . lol

snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,339 posts
Well I never watched another world but I used to be a big fan of Days and Eugene and Caliope Bradford were on there for several years!

pauldm

pauldm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
this is quite American

you haven't been subjected to the Australian soaps.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users