Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Discussion

With all the back and forth the media is making of the tribal split this season, I had a thought....(I do every now and then!!??)

Many of the cast are first or second generation Americans and their native language is probably a large part of their lives.

After the merge(s) how are the other cast going to feel when former tribes start talking in their native language? Will it be an advantage or a disadvantage? Will CBS allow them to? Will we get subtitles for it?

thats a good point my thing is they need to try to get the california people out or try to just have 1 or 2 people from each ethnicity out. as much as i love that theres 13 californias it creates it so theres no alliances that can be formed

That is a good point. I personally won't enjoy it if I don't know what they're saying. :blink:

He he - Californians are definitely a different breed (Cali rocks!). Yeah, if there's a conservative in the mix that may cause some friction, especially if they are a conservative minority like a Clarence Thomas type. But I agree with what people have said in other threads in Survivor slackerism and bossiness trump race, gender, age, sexual orientation every time. I wonder if they've put somebody annoying in from every race just to show that being annoying is universal :P

Language-wise - I guess if people aren't sensitive to the fact excluding people from conversation is divisive then I guess they deserve to get the boot, eh?

But you know what I was wondering about? Do you think it's possible some of the people who have been categorized are actually biracial? You can't always tell and some of the people do look like they could fit in more than one category, like this guy:

299x623_jonathan.jpg

When I saw him he totally reminded me of Derek Jeter who is half white and half black:

jeter_derek5b.jpg

Like could these people possibly be biracial?

299x623_jp.jpg

299x623_sundra.jpg299x623_jenny.jpg

in front of a mirror fixing his hair...

I think the native tongue thing may only benefit the hispanics. The Asians are of different nationalities in which there is no language connections. I doubt the African-Americans can speak any of thier native tongues and the caucasians will all speak English.

Plus this may backfire if someone from one ethnic group speaks the language of another group. Most HS Grads need to take Spanish.

I am venturing past the Big Brother boards that I have been a part of for the last 3 years. I love Survivor and think I will hang out here some this year. I am going to do the Dancining With the Stars and TAR too. Wooo hooo.

Nice to see you guys outside the confines of the BB forums!

I think the racial split doesn't exist. They seperated people by their skin color / ethnicity , not race. Race doesn't exist (I can explain the theory only if asked). This will give a chance for everyone to shed the profiles and stereotypes and show people that the truth is all about environment and not ethnicity and skin color.

I agree Bone :)

I can't wait for tonight! :D

bones.. race does exist.. i think it starts sunday... its amazing.

:lol::lol: get it?

:lol: the amazing RACE :lol::lol:

I saw a clip the other day where one of the "African-American" woman rolled off the races and said: Black, White, Asian and Hispanic. Yet the PC people keep using the "African American: and "Asian American" titles. I thought it was kind of funny.

As always, I'm going to watch. I've already found my new Bruce...who may actually out-Bruce Bruce. :lol:

I'm not sure, however, Survivor is the right MB vehicle for a "race race". I think most people are more concerned about the physical challenge of surviving in the Burnett wild.

Not to worry, I doubt very much that second generation Latinos will be speaking much Spanish, LOL! I'm a Latina, and I haven't met many second generation Ls here that can or care to speak Spanish...We're most likely to hear a little Spanglish or broken English, or English spoken with an accent (like mine :D !), but not fluent Spanish. Besides, remember BB6? Ivette, Jeniffer and Beau were not allowed to speak in Spanish. Maybe they'll have some sort of rule like that for all the "races" on Survivor too...or they'll use subtitles... anyway, what do I know? :P

I'm just hoping the show is as fun as it promises to be :). I can't wait to find out!

LOL a chicken thief

and he goes to exile ....for punishment or will he find the idol.

Tonight I thought it was pure t comedy...from one tribe stealing chickens then letting them get loose..another lying about how they have all these experiences (how are you going to chop down a tree with a bambo stick) ...um bad wind ( which may be true but it still was funny) and the last tribe took them it seem like 15 hours to get a boat together...I was like geesh and threw my hands up ..:lol: pure t comedy...pure t comedy..

Good show! I was glad to see Sekou go. I just hope that tribe can get it together and not end up losing for weeks in a row.

I wish the show was on atleast twice a week. The beginning of the show was excellent, but I didn't want the losers to get flint at the end.

I forget the name of the guy that relieved the headache, but that was very funny.

btw, like many movies, the black guy is always the first one killed. j/k but it happened

Who'da thought there would be a "Chicken man" on Survivor too, LOL!

Soyyo, good one! I didn't pick up on the Chicken man thing. I did get a whiff of Boogie when the Black guy did his Karma is a Bizzle thing, I think I heard a shizzle in ther too somewhere.

Am I the only one who noticed that the last place black tribe immediately disadvantaged the third place white tribe instead of going after the strongest teams? And I don't think for one minute it had anything to do with the chicken stealing incident. It wasn't their chicken. I thought it was a very telling moment. Let's be honest at least.

I live in California and Spanish is the first language. <_< I work in government and jobs are given to spanish speaking applicants over the more qualified. Everything is in both languages.

Don't get me started.

Yeah, they should have picked some random strong looking guy. In the first few days establishing the shelther and stuff is important. They could have really handicapped a team by removing a strong player.

I agree. I would have went after the asian tribe since they were the fastest and possibly the strongest. Everyone on that tribe looks fairly strong.

TWO Cowboys?! One on BB, and now another one on Survivor? The first one GAVE us headaches, and the new one CURES headaches!

Cowboy #2 said headaches are caused by "Bad Wind".

Isn't that what Chicken George had on BB when he ate all that slop?? Did he give headaches to the HG's around him?

Changing the subject . . . this is my first time watching Survivor. Why didn't some of you tell me about all the

curvaceous members of the fairer sex?

As Arnold said: "I'll be back!"

Sign in to follow this