"Why do you have to spit on the black person? Spit on the white people."

EEonBB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jordansmom

Flo it was funny the first time get over. If you really feel the need to troll this board to correct ppl how sad for you. If you must KNOW my hand is in a broke so if I type too fast and mess up OH WELL. Im typing with one hand. I come here b/c i like the ppl not b/c I feel like im in school.

Survivor chat forums should be interesting

Absolutely. I'm a little shocked that they're doing the teams that way. What's next season? Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Scientologist?

As for Dani, I think she like many others uses "humor" as a passive-aggressive way of getting her point across. Tonight's comment at dinner was something about fried chicken and not asking her if she liked it because she's a black person. Sorry, it's not all in jest.

RE: the Paul Simon quote above

I think the first chapter of How to Talk Dirty and Influence People (a collection of Lenny Bruce's routines, cut-and-pasted according to topic) is BRILLIANT, funny, and as clear an indictment of racism as there is (and it pre-dates "All in the Family" by more than a decade.) I recommend it to everyone! (It's even better if you've listened to a few of his records, so you can "hear" the words you read delivered in his voice and his timing.)

But in today's PC climate he'd be the social-equivalent of crucified (PC-ness made me add "the social-equivalent of" :lol: ) yet again! (He was the LAST comedian in the USA to be convicted under the antiquated obscenity laws; think about Carlin's "Seven Words" routine what ... 20 years after Lenny died?).

I'm AMAZED that three-and-a-half DECADES after the '60s there is STILL racism almost everywhere I turn in this country, and much of it by people who consider themselves "patriots." They clearly have no understanding of what the words in our founding documents MEAN, or of the PRINCIPLES on which this country was founded (and I believe we're the ONLY nation EVER founded on an IDEA.) The wise men who wrote the words were not able AT THAT TIME to create a society which lived by those principles (remember slavery?) BUT THEY WROTE THEM as the principles our country was to live by, in the hope that we would move progressively closer to actually practicing them, as society accepted each small change.

But it's been more than two-and-a-quarter CENTURIES.

When will we become who we're supposed to be?

Sorry for the rant, but the topic of racism, sexism and any other -ism that discriminates against a genetic property makes me close to crazy.

God bless America.

When will we become who we're supposed to be?

I think I am who I'm supposed to be.....I think. But to answer your question (if I understand it correctly)....

There is still a living generation of people who lived when blacks had no rights. People are who they are as a result of the environment in which they grew up in. Those people grew up thinking a certain way and for the most part, I'd say their beliefs haven't changed.

The younger generations of today are much more liberal and accepting (thankfully). I believe when these young generations of today become the elders of our country is when we will see the next significant change.

This country has NEVER been all white. In the beginning there were Eurpoeans, Spanish, and Indians here (Dutch, French, etc are considered "white" or Eurpoean).

One of the most amazing things I learned in my college history class was the formation of Mexicans. I always wondered why Mexicans spoke Spanish which is a white, European language. It so happens that when the Spanish arrived they dominated parts of the South. They took in the Indian women either by force or willingness and had children. This is why we now have the dark skinned Mexican (dark skin after the Indian) who speaks Spanish (a white, European language). An entire culture was created by the mixing of 2 other cultures.

I hope I put that in a what which did not offend anyone. I just thought it was quite interesting. I love history and read on it whenever I can.

They clearly have no understanding of what the words in our founding documents MEAN, or of the PRINCIPLES on which this country was founded (and I believe we're the ONLY nation EVER founded on an IDEA.) The wise men who wrote the words were not able AT THAT TIME to create a society which lived by those principles (remember slavery?) BUT THEY WROTE THEM as the principles our country was to live by, in the hope that we would move progressively closer to actually practicing them, as society accepted each small change.

Oh they were able at that time, based on their own beliefs of who "men" were. Look at your history more closely, neither slaves nor the indians which we tired our best to obliterate were considered men. Women are still struggling to be considered equals.

danielle brings up that she is black a lot in her comments. i find that odd.

white people like fried chicken too! :lol: maybe i should start saying that everytime i see fried chicken. i bet people would find that odd.

friend: "would you like some fried chicken?"

ME: "well of course i would.. white people like fried chicken too!"

Friend: ::::::::: :huh: :::::::::::::::

ME: ;)

(fizzle)danielle brings up that she is black a lot in her comments. i find that odd.

white people like fried chicken too! [laugh.gif] maybe i should start saying that everytime i see fried chicken. i bet people would find that odd.

friend: "would you like some fried chicken?"

ME: "well of course i would.. white people like fried chicken too!"

Friend: ::::::::: [huh.gif] :::::::::::::::

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Archived