Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Yul Kwon

68x78_yul.jpg

Yul Kwon

San Mateo, CA

Management Consultant

biography

Yul Kwon was born in Queens, New York to parents who emigrated from South Korea. The family moved to the West Coast when he was six years old and he was raised in Concord, California. He attended high school at Northgate High in Walnut Creek, California, where he played varsity water polo and track and graduated valedictorian.

Kwon then attended Stanford University and obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in symbolic systems (theoretical computer science). While at Stanford, he received the James Lyons Award for Service, attended officer candidates school for the U.S. Marine Corps and graduated Phi Beta Kappa. Kwon went on to receive his Juris Doctor Degree from Yale Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Yale Law Journal.

Kwon has enjoyed a diverse career straddling both the private and public sectors in law, business and technology. He practiced a mix of litigation, appellate, transactional and regulatory work at several law firms. He also served as a judicial clerk to a federal judge on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, he worked as a legislative aide to Senator Joseph Lieberman in Washington, D.C., where he helped draft sections of the Homeland Security Bill and other technology-related legislation. Several years ago, Kwon decided to switch careers and become a management consultant at McKinsey. From there, he joined Google's business strategy group and most recently went back into consulting.

Kwon's favorite hobbies include politics, boxing, ultimate fighting and volunteering with kids. He describes himself as idealistic, compassionate and ambitious. He became passionate about creating awareness for more minority bone marrow donors in the U.S. after launching a major search to find a match for his best friend who was diagnosed with leukemia, but ultimately succumbed to the disease.

Kwon is a member of the Washington, D.C. and California State Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity.

Kwon currently resides in San Mateo, California. His birth date is February 14, 1975.

CBS.COM

This guy might last quite a while. He seems athletic and pleasant, and he's on a good tribe that shouldn't go to tribal council very often.

How will I be able to tell him and the other male on the tribe apart (not Cowboy- the one with the headache... or was that this guy?)

if he makes it to merge he wont last long.

I'd love to see him make it to the final four and now that he has the immunity idol he just might have a shot. He definitely is a strong, smart (and incredibly nice) player.

I like this guy too. He's strong and smart and not a backstabber. Probably wont make it too far without the idol. Other tribes are already singling him out.

What I don't understand is why didn't he get the remaining men to haul ass to tackle the blue team? I know they had the weight, but if they oushed really hard at first, they could have tackled one of the women.

I am really liking this guy, especially after last night's episode. I really believe he'll end up using the immunity idol to save Becky if he has to. Now those two would be one cute couple!

Yul living Big Brother vicariously through Survivor!!

Imagine...Yul gives the immunity idol to Becky. The majority of the votes go for Becky, with a couple going to Yul. Becky whips out the idol, thus sending Yul home!! Although it would be sad, it would also make for awesome TV. Yul could be the smartest player to make the dumbest move in Survivor history!!!!

Hey, did anyone tell Candice to NOT look for the idol. Will there be more than one? Did Yul replace the idol with a note..."Ha ha...too late, suckers!!"

Hmm, they didn't even show Candice on Exile Island! Yul looks to be a strong competitor, he's in a tight alliance of four and has a good alliance of two within that. Plus, he's got that hidden immunity idol which is a "get out of jail free" card. Only problem is that I think the other tribe is stronger, he'll need to make sure his tribe wins some immunity challenges.

This guy seems to be pretty stong mentally and physically. So far we have seen a low key type personality that keeps his cool. He appears to be likeable. Yul could do well.

Yul going to fight the other tribe was one of the coolest survivor molments ever. So cool! I wonder if he could of actually won that challenge by getting adam to the ground first but he was a couple of molments too late as caoboi went down. But did the rules say Yul was allowed to win the challenge that way?

I think it was smart for Yul to tell becky about the idol. It seems highly unlikly becky will turn on yul anytime soon and if she turns on him at the end of the game (assuming they both make it to the end) well thats the game and it would of been expected to happen at some point.

With the idol Yul is a force to be reckoned with in this game and becky would be stupid to turn on him. And i think becky is sincere when she says she likes yul. Could we be seeing the next Romber? or as i like to put it BEYU haha

I never thought of that. I think the rules stated they had to catch the other team and tackle one of them, though. Otherwise the strongest guy on each team would have just turned around and gone for each other and saved everybody else the aggravation.

I wonder if he chopped that birds head off and let it run around... :lol::lol: They could have made a game out of it and bet on how far it would get before it dropped...

Or they could chop off your head and let you and the bird have a race to the death.lol..King vs. Chicken round one...ding

I wonder if he chopped that birds head off and let it run around... They could have made a game out of it and bet on how far it would get before it dropped...

:o NOT FUNNY!

ps. i just couldnt do that! its not like they cant go catch a fish.. and they seem to have a lot of bananas and coconuts. usually by this time we see a lot of people much thinner than they were when they first arrived on the show.. but so far i havent really noticed it.

I got really squeamish last night when they had the bird. I covered my eyes because I was afraid they were going to show them killing the bird.

But then again I don't care for meat. I rarely eat any meat products.

Yes this year they all seem to have an abundance of food. No skinny people this year.

Or they could chop off your head and let you and the bird have a race to the death.lol..King vs. Chicken round one...ding

At least I could reast easily knowing I was dying debt free!!!

Besides, they would have to catch me first, NOT gonna happen!!!

WTF does dying debt free have to do with anything....oh I know you was trying to put in a little dig at me...guess what...I dont' give a rats a** your opinion of anything. As for catching you..the chicken could catch you and probably kick your a** all by itself.

Sign in to follow this