Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Sundra Oakley

68x78_sundra.jpg

Sundra Oakley

Los Angeles, CA

Actress

biography

A first generation American, Sundra Oakley was born in Queens, New York to Jamaican parents. Oakley received her Bachelor's Degree from New York University. She also studied at Georgetown University.

Oakley is currently a cocktail waitress at a Hollywood nightclub while pursuing an acting career. She has appeared on CSI: MIAMI on CBS, "Strong Medicine," "Sex and the City," several national commercials and has appeared off Broadway.

Oakley's hobbies include dancing, traveling to new countries, reading, kung fu and capoeira, snuggling on the couch with her son to watch a movie and sleep when she can get it. Her favorite sports are running and boxing.

Oakley currently resides in Los Angeles with her son, Carsun and their beta fish, Beta. Her birth date is January 2, 1975.

CBS.COM

lucky i thought the other female not in her click may i voted her out

ok I remember this girl on sex & the city. She was the sister of a guy samantha was dating. He was black & worked for a record label, & sundra just opened a new restaurant. Sundra didnt like Samantha dating him because she was white...I think this was in season 3 or 4.

I just noticed Sundra's post was below Sekou's! That's sad. Welcome back to the top, Sundra's post!

(And first reply in nearly 3 months!)

Well that is just sad. No one should be below Sekou. :(

I really like Sundra and think she is really pretty. She is almost as boring as the coconut trees though. With the exception of her spill on the challenge, she hasn't hardly done anything extraordinary.

Well, she did something extraordinary tonight-----she failed to start fire even when she was given a box of matches. I guess she needed a propane torch or something.

Wow, she really cleans up nice! I'm so glad the four of them stayed true to each other as much as possible to the end.

Wow -- just the length of this thread speaks volumes, doesn't it! Such a quiet little thing we barely noticed. Slow and steady I guess.

But certainly one of the most beautiful women we've ever seen at the reunion show ... not to mention after 38 days in the wilderness.

I hope thread length isn't a real indication of the way people saw her. She was quiet, kind, unassuming. She didn't draw a lot of attention to herself; not necessarily a bad thing. She hung in til the bitter end; I just wish she had been a better fire starter.

(At least she didn't garner 26 pages of male drool.)

True, Juvie! And all along, I thought Sundra was the most beautiful of all the women. At the reunion show, I thought she looked stunning. For all her quiet gameplay, she still had a respectable finish. I think she really was the "heart" of Aitu. And yes, she does need to work on her fire starting skills.

Surprisingly, the "other" one did not look exceptional at all, just kind of ordinary. Guess she forgot she was on national TV. :rolleyes:

I agree with all of you,Sundra is very pretty and she did look amazing! :)

I smell hypocrisy.

I don't have much to say about Sundra. She was just "there." But, she wasn't a bad person. I applaud the decision to let her and Becky go at it for third place. That was classy.

My only question is, if she ran out of matches, why couldn't she go back to flint and steel? The outcome probably would be the same, but better than just sitting and watching Becky.

No actually what you smell is your upper lip. :P

Here we are "women" posting about how beautiful another woman is and you are going to call us hypocrites? That is sad. And yes we made comments about how she should have been able to make a fire. I thought about the flint too. Maybe her arms were tired, who knows? And I don't care. :P

Notice how we didn't post how beautiful Parvo looked? Maybe because she looked worse at the show than she did on the island. <_<

My dear friend Cat. The hypocrite comment is for Rej who chastised me for subtlely bringing up the Parvati argument in the Johnathan thread. Then she goes and does the same thing here. If that is not hypocrisy, then I do not know what is. Sorry I had to go and spell it out, but oh well. Seems I will get clawed for anything I do.

Whoa, let me back up then. :(

Let's discuss this logically. We had long discussions about how women were jealous of other women. Well here you have a prime example of how we are not jealous and are willing to compliment another woman on her beauty - maybe not her fire-making skills but still positive feedback about another woman.

The problem with Parvati is Parvati. A good percentage of the women and a percentage of men (check your poll) do not think she is overly attractive. Therefore, we will not be "hypocritical" and say that she is just because you think so. We don't like the ways she flirts and acts all cutsey. I'm not going to insult her physically anymore because I know that offends you. But you find her attractive. Isn't that what matters?

Can I put some medicine on that cat scratch? :P

Cat re-read my post ten times.

Ok, now what? :P So I misconstrued the meaning. What else is new? :(

Juvie, I think something needs your attention. <_<

More of Sundra's personality came through after she was voted off. I presume she was always warm and supportive but that didn't rate camera time. Hats off to the grace both she and Becky showed in that incredibly embarrassing situation when they couldn't start fire. I think in my moritification I would have had a bit of a tantrum or something that would just make the situation worse.

She just seems like a naturally nice person who loves everyone. She doesn't make good TV but on Survivor live and the reunion show, her personality came out and it was great to see it.

Juvie, I think something needs your attention.

Sorry, I was out ot town for the day.

As for my being a hypocrit, well, if thats the way Rook sees it, thats the way he sees it. We've all seen that once he makes up his mind, there's no changing it. My drool comment was a direct reflection on the Parv Uproar of 2006. The comment was not inserted to make anyone judge Sundra one way or the other, merely pointing out that Sundras thread had been left unscathed.

The comment in the Jonathan thread was one that was not so subtley trying to bait us into a discussion of Jonathan's looks as percieved by females vs males. Therefore, making us look like fools for reacting as we did on the Parv thread.

So, if you want to call me out Rook, go for it. I honestly don't care. Call me jealous, call me hypocritical, I don't care what you call me. I'll spell out my stance one more time so hopefully even you can understand it:

Sundra I think is beautiful, in mind, body and spirit. I'm not jealous, I admire her.

Jonathan I think is a very nice looking man, his personality may rub some people the wrong way, but I've known a lot of Jonathans in my life, you learn how to take what they say the way they mean it, not as arrogant, etc.

Parvati I don't think is attractive in any way; mind, body or spirit. She turned me off with he flirtation tactics, useless as they were. She came thru in a few comps, I gave her credit for that, read back if you must. I am not jealous, I wouldn't want to be a 20something who has to rely on using my body or looks to get by in the world.

Now, if you choose to continue this garbage and turn this into a 26 page thread of nonsense, go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm done with it.

Now, if you choose to continue this garbage and turn this into a 26 page thread of nonsense, go ahead, knock yourself out. I'm done with it

Nice post Rej. But, let me remind you who brought it up here in the Sundra thread. Here's a hint. It wasn't me. That's what I'm talking about being hypocritical. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this