Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Candice Woodcock

68x78_candice.jpg

Candice Woodcock

Fayetteville, NC

Pre-Med Student

biography

Candice Woodcock was born and raised in Fayetteville, North Carolina. She graduated from Terry Sanford High School where she was president of her class and captain of the soccer and cross country teams. She received a perfect score on the math portion of her SATs.

Woodcock won full merit scholarships to both the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. She accepted the Morehead Scholarship to attend UNC-Chapel Hill and eventually received her Bachelor of Science Degree in biology and psychology with a minor in chemistry.

SURVIVOR: AFRICA inspired Woodcock to do service work in Africa. Following her freshman year of college, she spent 10 and a half weeks living in a mud hut with a tribal family in the western highlands of Kenya. She taught primary and secondary school in the village and designed her own service project where she ran a clinic that distributed over 700 pairs of eyeglasses that had been donated by parties in the United States. Inspired by her work in Kenya, Woodcock became the fundraising director and then executive director of Students for Students International, a completely student-run, non-profit organization at UNC-Chapel Hill that gives scholarships to students in Zimbabwe and Tanzania. Woodcock also spent a summer studying health care in Chile and Peru and another summer splitting her time between work at the Cancer Clinic at George Washington University Hospital and La Clinica del Pueblo, a free Latino clinic in Washington, D.C.

After graduation, Woodcock decided to take a year off before continuing her studies. She worked full-time for six months as an Assistant Director of Clinical Trials and as a Director of External Practice Development for an ophthalmology practice, and then part-time for the following six months. She has just begun graduate school at Georgetown University to attain a Master's Degree in physiology and biophysics. She then plans to attend medical school. She hopes to use her medical degree to do service work in developing countries and also in underserved areas of the U.S.

Woodcock enjoys spending time with her family and friends, working out, playing sports, being in the water and playing with her dog, Louis James.

Woodcock currently resides in Washington, D.C. Her birth date is November 12, 1982.

CBS.COM

she's the one billy is in love with, right?

wonder if she knows.......

ain't that the truth!

but seriously, isn't she snuggling up to the buff white dude at nite?

Yes apparently she sleeps w/ Adam, but secretly loves Billy...afterall, she mouthed 'I love you too' to him..

Don't people have to pass a psych test to get on these shows? If not, I'm so signing up.

Carvin I thought I saw her mouth say.... I LOVE CARVIN.

Did anyone else see that? :o

Actually, I think she said, "we love you" after Billy told her and another girl that he was next. Then Billy said "I love you too". He kinda forgot about the other girl standing there. I hope she doesn't feel left out. :D

LMAO @ Candice's reaction tonight when her new tribe told her about what Billy said at last week's tribal council. I could have sworn she did say to Billy, "I love you," but she said during tonight's show that she said, "We love you." I dunno... I think they're both whacked! :lol:

This girl is one tough tough cookie. She basically won that challenge tonight for her tribe. It took them forever to get her back across that line.

She's really smart , too. She got full scholarships to both Duke and North Carolina University. Read through her biography. She's traveled all over, worked in clinics and hospitals, got a perfect score on her Math SAT's, and she's only 24 years old.

Wow. No wonder Billy was in love with her.

ummmmmmmmmm.........did anyone else see her tell adam or whatever his name is "love you"??? could have sworn that she mouthed that too him, along with all of the google eyes! so there was a love connection on the island!

ITA Tarman! She hung on to that pole with a strength that surprised the heck out of me. Talk about tenacity!!! Speaking Billy, did anyone else see her mouth I love you to Adam? Billy must be beside himself after seeing that!!!

(HA! we were posting the Adam lip love at the same time Scuba, yeah I saw it!)

i was yelling at her to calm down, cause i thought his teammates would see it and get pissed, knowing there was an alliance there, and boot him!!

If it was I love you she was mouthing that is pretty weird. LOVE? hummm

I think that would make her a wack job.

I definitely thought it was I love you. Didn't she use some sign language too?

I thought they were both really really dumb to do that. I hope someone noticed. It's bound to stir things up.

I was really liking her, and still do, because she was awesome at that challenge, but if she's going to be that stupid to show her loyalties that obviously, then maybe she's not quite cut out for the game.

Ever heard of subtlety?

Sign in to follow this