Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

Zilla, I doubt it is "I nominate you". BTW, that is a sentence, not a phrase, as you suggested. Also, why would they show an eye next? You already have "eye" in the needle and the thread, as in the eye of the needle. Finally, that is NOT a common phrase in life, so it does not adhere to Julie's rules.

Currently, "sheep in wolf's clothing" and "you reap what you sow" are the two logical guesses. However, there are 2 more clues and that could change everything.

Oh, "pull the wool over someone's eyes" could also be a logical guess. I forgot that one.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The winner of the Coup D'Etat has the opportunity to replace the nominations on the spot NOT overthrow the eviction. Just clearing that up.

How do you know that? You are speculating, so there's no reason for you to clear that up. The fact is no one except producers of BB know what that power is.

Julie said on the show that "only the winner will know what the power is". She has not revealed what that power is because they have not revealed the winner.

How do you know that? You are speculating, so there's no reason for you to clear that up. The fact is no one except producers of BB know what that power is.

Julie said on the show that "only the winner will know what the power is". She has not revealed what that power is because they have not revealed the winner. creegan1

creegan1, this is an exact transcription of what Julie said on the show. You can play the whole show again at the CBS BB site if you doubt me. I taped the show myself and then typed this portion out verbatim, so it is not speculation. I am sorry I have offended you by correcting you; I was actually trying to be nice by informing you but you have misunderstood my motive.

"... in any of the next three eviction episodes, the winner of the Coupe D'Etat will have the ability to overthrow the HOH and replace nominations on the spot right before the voting takes place but the twist is that no one except the winner of this power will know what it is until the power is used." Julie Chen

She also said:

"The winner will find out who they are and exactly what this special power is exactly one week from tonight." Julie Chen

You can also read this at the following link: CBS BB Week 5 - Coup D'Etat

Well they kinda nullified that "winner will find out Thursday" thing on tonights show. They said for us to tune in Tuesday to find out who if anyone won the coup. (& if BB thinks they will keep it a secret from each other til Thursday they are dreaming :P

Producers try to be clever with their editing from time to time and I was wondering if anyone else noticed the clip of Janelle talking to James about getting put out by Danielle.

She said that she would rather Danielle get her out with this new Coup d' Etat power than not nominate her this week and Danielle get HOH to get her out next week.

Is this a little premonition by Janelle of what is to come??? Are producers givin us a hint that Danielle got it right???

Not sure myself but, it did make me go hmmmm...???

I think they are guessing that Dani may have gotten it correct b/c she keeps telling everyone (on live feeds) that BB is asking her in the DR how she concluded her guess. That could be Dani trying to get everyone else to not guess b/c she thinks she got it wrong. It could be the producers way of leading us to believe that Dani got it right and then hitting us with a big surprise when the Dr guesses it. Dani may have guessed correctly, although I doubt it. If they tell the winner, then the winner will tell someone else, and then the entire house will know what is going on.

I hope Mike or Will get it. :)

This power should give someone the right to throw Julie off the show. She is so annoying!

Also, these HOH competitions suck. There should not be buzzer, true/false, etc HOH comps. There should be standing in the rain, with an added wind storm, all night, challenging 'all star' competitions. This season has been fairly boring with no twists and no real competitions. Is this the end of the Big Brother show? Have the producers decided this show will never return to tv so they just do not care.

i thought no one will know until thursday show

I think Julie said the winner wouldn't know what the power was until Thursday...will Boogie be smart enough to save it for when he or Will is on the block? If he uses it this week and takes out Jani, Howie, James or Dani, he has one person left in the house that will come after him. I think he should hold on to that power for another week if not two (hold it until you really need it).

There is a coup this week & the next 2 weeks after so I don't know if they can save it. I got the impression that right before eviction votes Julie will tell them what the power is & give Boogie the opportunity to use it immediately if he so chooses. If he doesn't use it all noms stay the same.

Now everybody will be going all out for the next 2 coups since the will know what the power is.

I have a sneaking feeling that Boogie won't use it if CT isn't on the block because right now both sides think they are with them & they don't want to stir the pot. Dang I wish Dani had won it.

Guest StarBaby

My understanding is that there is one, and only one coup, and that it can be used over the next three weeks. Where is this new information or speculation coming from?

Well...I don't THINK he would use it this week, it would be smart of him to keep it until the last possible week... If he uses it this week to put up Howie or Janie then that will be the end of it... This way he is getting rid of someone this week (not him) and next week so long as it's not him... I know him and will have said numerous times that they want to keep Janie around so that her and Danielle can "go after each other"... Who knows!!!!

Archived