Bring Back the Chickenman

I loved that whole cast. You'll never see them back on CBS, Shapiro and Grodner pretend that season never happened because they were not a part of it. I noticed the British version did away with the chickens too.

That first cast was the had the best mix of age and race. I had hoped the Endemol group would be back this year. Shapiro and Grodner made improvements, but I liked it better when they used real people like the rest of the world does.

Guest Numfar
I loved that whole cast.  You'll never see them back on CBS, Shapiro and Grodner pretend that  season never happened because they were not a part of it.  I noticed the British version did away with the chickens too. 

That first cast was the had the best mix of age and race.  I had hoped the Endemol group would be back this year.  Shapiro and Grodner made improvements, but I liked it better when they used real people like the rest of the world does.

Bravo. BB1 (USA) was the best of all the US shows, by far. Too many of the HGs since then have been fame-seeking Hollywood wannabes with agents and delusions of grandeur. Also too many young, buff, meathead types.

We need more Monicas and Roddys and Chicken Georges. I'm convinced that whomever it is who does the casting for Amazing Race ought to be given the job for BB - their groupings are usually so much more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stirred up some fond memories...

Let me stir some more with these little snippets from the best season:

Everyone is getting a little edgy without music. Big Brother did not allow them to bring any recordings into the house. William asked his fellow insomniacs to name their favorite artist or CD.

Jordan -- Milli Vanilli

Brittany -- Abba

Josh -- Prince's Greatest Hits, Vol 1

Curtis -- Simon and Garfunkel

William -- Best of James Brown

Eddie -- Best of Louis Armstrong

Jamie -- Enrique Iglasias

Brittany is convinced that Big Brother will be merciful and issue a challenge that will require them to listen to music. Staring almost lovingly at a power outlet in the wall, she said, "I wish I had something to plug in there."

At breakfast, George talked about how a marriage changes over the years. He got teary while telling the younger house members about how the love he and his wife share has evolved through good times and bad. He expressed awe and admiration for his wife, whom he affectionately calls 'The Tank.' Apparently, George and his wife bump bellies as a sign of affection. Karen jokingly suggested that someone should put a pillow under her shirt and 'bump' George to keep him from feeling homesick.

Brittany shared a little dark family history.

How come you don't have recaps like these for season 1 on ur site morty?

I never saw season 1 .. and if u have stuff like this saved, it owuld be fun to read it ..

How come you don't have recaps like these for season 1 on ur site morty?  

I never saw season 1 .. and if u have stuff like this saved, it owuld be fun to read it ..

'Cause I'm lazy. Ranster volunteered to sort through my scraps and make it readable, but then I'd have to make up pages, and there are no pictures (I didn't know how to do a screen cap in 2000, can you believe that?), and I just don't want to put the time into it. But, who knows. If I ever remember where my tapes of BB1 are, we might get something going

well .. and I think I speak for everyone here, no one recaps like you do morty ..

If you ever put ur scraps together, let us know ..

As my grandma use to say, many a scraps, do make a meal when put together.

Guest Shockalot

Return of the Chickenman!!!

Without a doubt BB1 was the best in the sense of 'Real People' and not 12 hardbodies all raised in the same shopping mall!

George is still my most beloved guest of all time. He was totally wacky, a truly kind loving person and genuinely a nice guy.

HA.. I remember when Nation of Islam 'Blacktivist' Will Mega was becoming aggressive to the point of 'dangerously threatening'. A real mean spirited b**tard.

George finally was asked to speak out and said something close to:

"Well.. I just dont think its very nice to be mean to people"

LOL!

I heard he returned to the action on BB2 outside the house of course.. promoting the very same company that was flying those airplane banners over the house lol!

Ya.. its too bad Shapiro and Co seem to have basically 'Deleted' BB1 from the series.

I would absolutely HOWL if one night.. out of nowhere ChickenMan George just showed up in the backyard!!

Guest ranster627

I sure hope that the theme put forward as "New Beginnings" by Shapiro isn't just about the new house, but really means back to the roots of Season 1 ... also my favourite so far ... reading the little that has been posted here has made me so nostalgiac! :)

Did you ever see the pilot George made, I think with his own money? His idea was to tour America and show bizarre local events. Really bad, but it was great to see him again.

Guest ranster627

Never did see it ... wish I had ... he was a great guy and real homespun! I really liked the characters on Season 1 and hope the show goes back to that!

Season 1 like others have said has been the best. Does anyone know how the ratings from season 1 match up with the other BB?

Long Live the Chickenman :D

Season 1 I am sure was a fabulous season if you guys all keep talking about it ..

BUT .. I liked the other seasons too. And I don't necessarily want it to change.

People keep saying the want *real* people, not actors/models. But these days -- BB has become something of a summer hit and each year it seems they try to push that envelope .. attract even MORE viewers .. (a pressure not really on them in season 1) and so even if the people were a little more *ugly* or home grown .. I doubt very much they're going to get House Guests who don't think they're going to be famous off the show.

Even in season 2 there were HG's with agents. And many of those cast mates were more .. 'normal' ..

I think it's human nature to most people - hey, I'm on tv I must be special .. you go home .. and there isn't cameras in your face all the time, people don't want to watch you make faces in the mirror, tell same story for the 100th time, or call you into the diary room to *confess* your thoughts and feelings on everything.

You want to get it back.

I have a feeling that the realization that they don't want to lose what they have on tv .. hits home to them earlier and earlier this year. And I am almost positive the producers hype them up .. tell them they're going to be great stars, etc .. because it gets them to let down their guards .. be more forthcoming ..

Just my two cents.

Guest ranster627

I, diet, really do not think there will be a return to the beginning, but a guy sure can hope eh? I am a realist though and I do know shows evolve.

For many of us there is a nostalgia from being there in the beginning and having fond memories ... hopefully Morty will pull more tidbits from Season 1 out of his collection, so many of you will see what we are all talking about ... and because Season 1 was Morty's beginning with BB too ... could be fun to read long lost info! :wink:

I move at a snails (Hi Slowpoke :wink: ) pace, but I do catch up eventually. I honestly think I have just forgotten all the bad things about Season 1 and have rose-coloured glasses on now ... but I like it that way ...

Was it Cassandra from season one that kept crying that her husband was going to leave her when she got voted off. I think she made it to the last three and he (her husband) sent a sky writer to say he loved her? BB got made and asked everyone to go inside?

Was this in BB1?

Guest ranster627

Now I may be wrong here, but I thought that was Nicole feeling guilty for "relieving" Will in the hot tub?

Day 31: Chickenman Trips Up The Challenge: The jump rope challenge is lost

Despite the new 1 am curfew imposed by Big Brother, and the threat of losing 30 percent of their weekly stipend, the House Guests could not seem to get motivated for the jump rope challenge in yet another day of 100 degree heat.

Although the group filed outside 45 minutes before the scheduled start time for a practice run, they immediately retreated to the air-conditioned house as soon as Cassandra became the first person to get caught in the rope. Once inside, Eddie napped on the floor while everyone else chatted.

With only 15 minutes until challenge time, Eddie awoke and tried to rouse the group by singing a few selections from "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory." He then segued into a selection of songs from "License to Ill", by the Beastie Boys.

At noon, Big Brother announced that they would have one chance to win the challenge by completing ten simultaneous group jumps. Eddie and Curtis got the rope up to speed and started in on the rhyme written by the group. Then, each of the six guests jumped in one by one. Josh jumped in first. Jamie was next. George was third, but the rope got caught on him, and the challenge was scuttled. George apologized profusely to everybody.

For fun, they tried it once more. The second time around, the group performed perfectly. They even jumped 11 additional times, but their only reward was returning to the air-conditioned haven of the Big Brother kitchen. The wager had been lost.

George was despondent. His moping was initially masked by the team effort to complete the grocery list on time. They did not have to modify the list too much despite the loss. They still had the $100 bill they had found in the garden, but agreed that they would prefer not to use it.

A little while later, Karen found George in mid-pout at the picnic table. She engaged in yet another attempt to bolster his confidence. He interrupted her frequently with disparaging remarks about his performance. Karen smoked ferociously while George stewed. She tried to keep her cool in the shadow of his long face.

George decided to go to his bed, where Karen found him a bit later. She fed him positive affirmations and instructed him to breathe. Finally spent, Karen left the room to help prepare lunch.

Josh took a turn next. "You are still out on my outer ring," Josh told him, referring to the term for his nomination hierarchy.

"Thanks, Joshua," said George, who then rolled over onto his stomach and buried his face in his pillow.

Day 32 [i had forgotten that Brittany had a crush on Eddie, and Josh had a crush on Jamie. The theme of BB1 could have been "unrequited love"]

After losing 30 percent of their grocery money on the jump rope challenge, the group was treated to a new pool raft. It was a belated reward for the water balloon challenge they had won two weeks earlier. The gift was especially welcome since Jordan had taken her raft with her. It took Brittany no time at all to turn the new toy into a love boat.

As soon as it was inflated, Brittany cuddled up against Curtis and officially christened it the "love raft." They floated together for three hours without even breaking for lunch.

When Curtis got out of the pool, Josh commandeered the raft, and Brittany draped herself across his lap. They floated together for another 30 minutes.

Finally, Brittany called it quits and retired to the bathroom. Eddie cornered her near the bathroom mirror and warned, "Don't play with fire. Jimi Hendrix said that."

Brittany was insulted and feigned innocence. She asked for an explanation. Eddie just headed into the living room, yelling over his shoulder, "I'll get the Blistex."

Later, Brittany cornered Eddie in the men's bedroom in front of Karen, Jamie, George and Curtis. She again asked Eddie to expand on his enigmatic comments. Despite her pleas, he offered no clarification.

The group grew tired of watching the drama and, at George's prompting, sang a modified version of "Love is in the Air:"

"I don't know if Brittany is foolish,

I don't know if Josh is being wise."

Their song drove Brittany to the kitchen. Everyone followed except Eddie, who remained in the bedroom studying pictures of his girlfriend.

At the dining table, the group discussed Eddie's remarks. Karen reasoned that the comments were made because Brittany did not have an attraction to Curtis which made it a completely different ball game.

Curtis took umbrage: "What! After all the time I've put in?"

Karen suggested that it would be better if Brittany just acted like herself and Josh acted like himself, elaborating that, "I'm not attracted to George, but is it all right if I lay on top of him just because I want to lay on the raft?"

Brittany rejoined, "Of course. Do you think there is anyone in this house that I would not lay on top of if I wanted to lay on the raft?"

Several members shot back, "Cassandra, cause she'd kill you."

Brittany tried to go on, but the group launched into a boisterous rendition of, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling." Her protests were swallowed up in a love song.

[Wow, they could sing too!]

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name