James and Howie

BernieAK

Yes, welcome Bernie! Hope you enjoy lots of talk here. I don't post too much, but I sometimes get a little carried away.

On the James / Howie theme, I'm still trying to understand all the dynamics of the fallout. Like why is it just now happening? It causes me to think maybe it's just a bunch of fireworks for show. Or perhaps these two feel especially competitive not knowing if the producers have placed them in the pool of 20 or not. If they're thinking only so many from each season will be selected for the 20 slots, then James and Howie might be thinking they have to make a lot of noise to get the producers to pick them. My guess, though, is that the producers would lean more towards wanting Howie in the line-up than James. .... and maybe that's what James is all worked up about.

From my understanding James JUST recently found out about what happened in the HoH room when Howie made is deal with Maggie... Add to that that Howie is saying some really nasty things about James (just read my interview with Howie to see a sample) and I guess James just couldn't take anymore... You know you can only push a person so far before the lose it... I don't know that this is fact and I am not trying to talk for either of them... I am just saying that this is my understanding from reading about it... I happen to like both of these guys... Both did phone interviews and both are still in contact with me...

Thats really cool Yana.

on howie and james i dont see what would be the point to fight now....were they ever really close to eachother?

I don't buy that James just now heard about/read about what happened in the bathroom with Maggie but, really that was a turning point in the game for the Sov. 6 Both James and Howie are to blame for what happened that week. But, when the show was over... they knew it was just game and they probably didn't need to pick it apart because they were friends or more importantly they both weren't fiendsheep.

If this is real, and I do stress ifffff, then I'm sure they are reevaluating their season and both of them are going back to that week. It maybe just stirring those hard feelings that both of them had for each other. Howie for James betrayal (which is true) and James for Howies being a dumbass (which is true.) :)

I think James is trying to be conniving before going into the house just like he was while he was in the house last season. This is probably all a set-up to make it look like Howie and James aren't in an alliance IF they both were to go into the house this season. We know James is a fierce player.

Sorry to all the James fans, but my take on James is that he just thinks he's a fierce player. Yes, he won a ton of veto competitions which is pretty impressive, so I give the man his due in that regard.

However, as far as game play with the other houseguests, I have to say James is actually pretty lame. He let it be known far too early in the game that he could not be trusted -- and that was his major downfall. It's okay to play numerous sides -- the key is to not tip your hand while doing it. James became transparent way too early and the others smelled a rat. Possibly, just possibly, James has potential, but he's too much of an amateur at this point to really compete with the best of them. Yes, Howie did make a big mistake that week by allowing himself to be played by Maggie, but there was fear of not being able to trust James that was a major factor -- and only James can take credit for that.

From my understanding James JUST recently found out about what happened in the HoH room when Howie made is deal with Maggie... Add to that that Howie is saying some really nasty things about James (just read my interview with Howie to see a sample) and I guess James just couldn't take anymore... You know you can only push a person so far before the lose it... I don't know that this is fact and I am not trying to talk for either of them... I am just saying that this is my understanding from reading about it... I happen to like both of these guys... Both did phone interviews and both are still in contact with me...

Yana, I believe what you wrote but,

Ha Ha Ha....James just found out.

Next time James contacts you, please ask him what rock he lives under.

They did James wrong-- big time...

Thanks for the info Yana :)

All very interesting theories...hmmm..... James is smart, smart enough to start strategizing now, rather than later ;) This may have already been discussed, but I wonder if there is a limit on how many peeps from each season will be allowed....

BTW, thanks for the welcome ~ um, but I did post last year :P

Now I don't know what to believe any more about this fight . . .

Like people have pointed out, maybe James and Howie feel like they are competing against each other more than others for a spot in the house, or maybe faced with the possibility that they trust might once again be an issue between them they aren't succeeding in calming each others' fears. If that's the case and this fight is real, it's sad to see the friendship that developed out of last year's game dissolve.

Or the other possibility - now that we supposedly have some power in deciding who gets to go back into the house, are our favorite players perhaps using some of their BB game moves to try and deceive other potential contestants but also to try and manipulate us into voting for them or their friends? I'm kind of leaning towards thinking their up to something, but not sure if it's to try to get more votes out of us or what. Have to say though, since James already has my vote if he gets too heavyhanded and I can't shake that suspicious feeling it might start to feel like kind of a turnoff.

I don't know . . .

He he - was I thinking out loud again? :lol::huh:

Guess I was just saying I'm kind of confused by this whole fight.

Yesterday one of the theories that are floating around that I thought might be true was that maybe James started this 'fight' with Howie to

(1) repackage Howie's 'weakness' (poor gameplay: getting duped by Maggie) into a 'strength' (hardass gameplay: turning his back on his alliance for the win), and to

(2) make it SEEM like they don't trust each other enough to want to be allies in the BB house for All-Stars.

If in reality James and Howie are as tight as ever and James is really trying to sell us on the idea that Howie is a fierce gamer and not a 'dumbass' so that he has a strong alliance in the house, then I would kind of feel like he's kind of trying to dupe us the way he tried to swear on the bible to Ivette that he was in tight with her.

Does that still sound kind of far-fetched? :huh:

James and Howie are trying to create controversy in order to bring more attention to themselves. People like drama, and there is no better time to have their names in discussions a week before the online voting starts for BB7. They're attacking each over sh*t that happened a year ago; gimme a break!!!.

Kaysar and Will did the same thing by bringing so much drama to their chat last Sunday!.

great plan to gets their name out their just before the votes

Hello everyone. I'm new although i feel like i know all of you because i've been reading these boards for over a year.

My opinion in this is that James is thinking ahead and starting all this to get recognition so that we'll vote him in. Everyone loves drama and that's what we want to see. :blink:

Howie probably just goes along because he's an idiot. (although i like Howie, i don't think he's bright enough to use this fight for gameplay)

It really makes me wonder. All of you have some very valid points about how the "all stars" are handling themselves and possibly plotting before they are even admitted to the house. Engineering fake arguments and resentment that could be carried into the BB house but underneath they are still friends and have made a pact. The whole situation could be very convoluted.

On the other hand, with 6 HGs being picked by CBS, there are opportunities for upsets. IMO, Howie may have said he forgave James in BB6 but I don't think he actually ever trusted him completely. James is by far one of the most dangerous & strategical HGs who ever played the game. I think if it wouldn't have been a season with partners, he would possibly have won the game. He was a very good match for Maggie and Ivette would have been happy to carry him on her back to the finals..

James is by far one of the most dangerous & strategical HGs who ever played the game. I think if it wouldn't have been a season with partners, he would possibly have won the game..

I think James came out much too early in the game and let on what he was doing WAY too earlier. He tried to play too hard, too quickly and it cost him. By strategies, the only one (in my opinion) that was even a decent strategy was making Ivette and Janelle hate each other, and even then it's not like that worked because they were all lovey dovey in the last few episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, I think the Howie/James "fight" is all an act. As is the Kaysar/Will fiasco! As someone else posted on another thread, we "KNOW" these people, we've watched them 24/7 for months on end. I don't believe for one minute James 'just found out'. Who knows, perhaps I'm wrong but I'm very excited to see what happens. :unsure:

What if america picks Howie. Then the producers pick James. Just to add the "drama" to the season. I think America will pick it's "favorites" then the producers will pick a nemisis for each of americas picks. i.e. Kasar for america vs Dr Will for the producers or Janelle for america and Ivette for the producers pick. Just my thoughts any takers? :unsure:

Archived