Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Peter Harsch and Sarah Reinertsen

She kind of gives me the Chara vibe...I hope she's just as fiesty and another team turns out to be a couple of alpha male pricks...good times, good times.

I thought at first I would like this couple but..............get rid of that sympathy card.I haven't been able to walk for 3 years and I go in a store or post office and people are like "come on you go first". Thanks but No Thanks... Im Good. Don't look at me any different than I look at you.

Hmmmm...... Penzoil in the Joint,Wonder if I shoulda tried that :D

I didn't much care for the "pre-boarding" stunt but it really didn't make any difference because the plane only leaves once. :lol:

She does seem to be a little bit of a whiner but it impressed the hell out of me when she went up that wall. B)

Does China have "Jiffy-Lubes"? They could maybe just pop her on the rack and top off her fluid levels. :lol:

Dep

<_< I was also annoyed when she played the handicap card to board first, BUT, she also did it again when they were tryin to get a cab , she pointed down to her leg and said something to get sympathy because a lot of the cabs seemed to be turning people down, I thought that really sucked, and if she is such an athlete then why play that card?? Not impressed!!!

If special needs people board the plane first, don't they also allow them to exit the plane before the rest of the passengers? If so, then that would be an advantage.

As much as she was annoying me, it didnt really bother me that she uses her handicap to get little advantages. I mean all the teams would do it if they could. Sure it will help her a little in some parts but then it will hurt her too (like the wall climbing), Its a race so they have to do whatever they can to get there first.

I agree......this game is only going to get more physical. Sure she may have certain passes but the overall ability to compete in the physical tasks are going to get tougher.

In some ways I agree, It isn't going to help her that much in the long run, I guess it annoyed me because she acted so proud of her accomplishments, which is admirable, but in the same scheme of things if you are proud of your accomplishments in spite of the hardship of being different and having a disability then take it all the way, don't look down at your prosthetic leg and make a cabby feel sorry for you and then hop in the cab, that is where I have a problem, be real, be who you say you are, don't bat your eyes, and be sayin "I have a bum leg", sooo I need this cab really bad!", not my style. It is true that the couples will try and find the advantage where they can, but that type of manipulation leaves a bad taste in my mouth for them.

I totally agree FatCat. What is weird is I didn't mind as much when Carla did the sympathy thing. Maybe, becuase Carla isnt a motivational speaker and an athalete.

At least Carla was fun to watch and had some pizazz... Sarah has the personality of a tree stump...

SARAH, we know you have a prosthetic leg... You don't have to remind us every 30 seconds... Be more like that dude in Survivor who had one leg... Didn't hear him go on and on...

Wipe the snot off your nose and quit crying, miss hypocritical triathelete...

Guest StarBaby

It was CHARLA, not Carla.

And what's the difference in her using whatever advantage she can and someone like Romber using their fame to get people to help them? Or girls with big boobs using their looks? Just asking......

It doesn't bother me. People liked Mirna and Schmirna? Bleh.

Yeah, that dude on Survivor with the prostetic leg was cool, he had to tell them all about it or else they may have never known.

well.. i would like to see how far they can get.... i think i will be surprised so she has one leg. i tf that was me, i would give it my all and in the end of the day i cut someone inline.... ooooop.

And what's the difference in her using whatever advantage she can and someone like Romber using their fame to get people to help them? Or girls with big boobs using their looks? Just asking......

How could you even compare her to Romber or big boobed hotties???

I pick people to cheer for and some to cheer against... She ended up on the against list... I will pick apart her every move good or bad until her and pete are philiminated...

No matter what she does it is WRONG... GAME ON!!!

Thats it, thats all...

I don't get how people automatically sort out who they like and don't like on the first episode of shows.

Rebel you predicted that Bilal and Sa'eed would be the first ones out. You were right, and the show hadn't aired when you made that prediction. It doesn't take much to make an impression sometimes. Her whining and using sympathy just grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

It was CHARLA, not Carla.

You knew who I was talking about. I don't see how spelling here should make a difference. :huh:

To answer the question, it is the hipocrisy of this triathelete and motivational speaker to ask for sympathy. Rob and Amber were just being Rob and Amber from Survivor. They stayed in character. And if a woman with big boobs tells me she wants me to respect her for her mind, not her body, then she uses her cleavage to try and gain some advantage on me. I'd have the same negative reaction to her.

Guest StarBaby

Well, if it's somebody's name, it does! If you called me Strawbaby instead of Starbaby, I would notice.

As for Peter and Sarah, I think I will give them at least another week before I decide if they are likeable or not. But that's just me.

"Well, if it's somebody's name, it does! If you called me Strawbaby instead of Starbaby, I would notice."

Somebody in this very thread was calling me Rock instead of Rook. I know who he meant.

Guest StarBaby

I like Sarah (sort of), but I can't stand Peter, or the way he talks to Sarah.

Somebody in this very thread was calling me Rock instead of Rook. I know who he meant.

Oops, that would be me, my apologies. I guess I need my glasses for more than just reading books. I think I got them all corrected.