Peter Harsch and Sarah Reinertsen

the-amazing-race-20060717000553140.jpg

All team photos: Robert Voets/CBS

Name: Peter Harsch

Hometown: Laguna Beach, Calif

Name: Sarah Reinertsen

Hometown: Trabuco Canyon, Calif

Relationship: Friends

Peter and Sarah are both Iron Man competitors who have a long history of teamwork. Sarah recently became the first female with an artificial leg to complete the Hawaii Iron Man Triathlon. Peter works as a clinical prosthetist and travels the country speaking to amputees and consulting for prosthetic legs. Both are out to win and eager to show the world that a disability will not stop them from reaching their goals.

Now this team actually sounds interesting! And the fact that they are "friends" makes them even more refreshing...

Motivational speaker? living in a van down by the river?? :D I hope I like this team!

Ok not that it matters but is she really short or is he really tall? Or both?

Could be strong, don't know if the guy's just interested in promoting people disabilities for some cause he has. Time will tell.

I think it's pretty sad she used the disability card to pre board the flight early.... Plus her voice is annoying...

Guest StarBaby

Why not use whatever advantage you can? Charla and Myrna did the same thing every chance they got.

Why not use whatever advantage you can? Charla and Myrna did the same thing every chance they got.

Becuase she is a motivational speaker and an Iron Man competitor. I don't have a problem with people using advantages when they can. Carla and Myrna were good at it. I just have a problem with this girl going through life proving she is like everyone else and can compete in triathlons etc. etc. But, she needs to pre-board. You can't have it both ways. I have no respect for this team and that's a shame, because they could have been one of my favorites.

Not really into these two yet. For such a go getter tyope athlete, she sure seems like a whiner.

Not only did she use it to get early boarding (not really much of an advantage in the long run) but she also did a pathetic glance at her leg when she told the cabbie they needed to go fast because it was an emergency. Again, Charla and Myrna used the same emergency ploy.

Guest StarBaby

I wonder if they can get her leg fixed at the pit stop? It will suck for her if they have to run the whole race with it malfunctioning.

Guest StarBaby

That's true. She is actually very fortunate to have such a high tech artificial limb -- most people aren't able to afford them. But I guess the more high tech they are the more that can go wrong. I still really want to like this couple, so I am holding out hope for them for now.

Excellent point!!

Whoa! something I just read on another thread made me think of this...........in the non-elimination round, Phil takes everything but the clothes on their back........does that mean she has to choose which leg to keep? Or which foot? She has the normal shoe foot and the running foot she had on climbing the wall.

That's a good thought. I think she'll get to keep all of them, since it is a medical issue. It would be like taking someone's asthma medicine.

I dont know rook, just as you pointed out the analogy between her faulty hydraulic joint and a sprained ankle, wouldn't that be like me deciding between sandals and sneakers?

I don't know what the mechanics of the device are. Can she run with the shoe? I don't think it will be fair to hobble her for the rest of the show. The other teams will lose money, clothing, etc, but its stuff they can buy or do without. You could stop at a store and buy another pair of running shoues or sandals, but she can't. I think they would have to consider the device and all its attachments as part of her and not clothing.

I really don't know rook, wouldn't really have thought of it if she hadn't pointed out the two different feet tonight. She isn't the first person with a prosthesis to be on one of these shows, there was the guy on Survivor a few seasons back. He was below the knee though I think but he was much newer to the use of the prosthetic than she is. He did quite well all things considered.

She was whining like the hydraulic oil leak is draining the very life out of her, and buddy with his dramatic

If she has to hobble, oh well. I've watched many an elderly or overweight participant struggle to keep up.

If anything goes to get ahead, then I'd steal her leg and throw it over the wall of china. I can't stand her.

great.. everyone wants to pick on the girl with one leg. nice. <_<

side note: she has a very toned body.. and i think she could kick your butt King! :D

and i think she could kick your butt King!

Meh, I would just scale the nearest wall, she would never be able to keep up!!!

I was really hoping to like this team... but I just dont know. The whining got to me, and as it said on the show they are a couple, if he was my boyfriend I would beat him, he is so annoying, he is not helpful like a boyfriend, its like hes helping/teaching a little kid, hes getting on my nerves already!