Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Bilal Abdul-Mani and Sa'eed Rudolph

I was thinking about converting, but ixnae that idea...

I'm a touchy feely kinda guy...

**HoldsMissAmericashand**

i think that when we come across men like this.. we MUST insist they shake oour hand. it the america way!! dammit,... and you are in america. nothing nasty about shaking hands witrh us white people. we clean our hands... do they?

side note added next morning: yeah... i said it.. i might not remember saying it.. but i said it!

side note added next morning: yeah... i said it.. i might not remember saying it.. but i said it!

yes you did say it lol, and its right, as they say when in Rome!!

What's wrong with not shaking hands? If their religion prohibits it, then so be it.

I understand that, but I dont agree with it, there are also some religions that say you should beat your wife, well in Canada or America that is not allowed, there have been plenty of stories where the husband is on trial and he says its part of his religion, well you need to be willing to adjust when you go somewhere else, just because your religion says its ok doesnt mean it always is. When everything is so multi-cultural you should be more than willing to bend a bit, since you expect others to do it for you!

Guest StarBaby

Actually, I think she said spousal abuse.

But really, all sarcasm aside, Blackcat was just making a point, and a valid one. The thing I wondered about, is it just against their religion to shake hands with a woman or to shake hands with anyone? When that happened, my son pointed out that the guy had shaken hands with one of the men right before that.

"The thing I wondered about, is it just against their religion to shake hands with a woman or to shake hands with anyone?"

It's more than likely just with women, I think they're against shaking hands with the opposite sex. Male/female and or Female/male. It could be the fact that they're supposed to cover themselves up for everybody except the man that they're married to (and other females), and him having just been hesitant to shake her hand, since she obviously has different beliefs. It really just comes down to HIM, many people use "against my religion" as a more polite way of not wanting to do something.

Careful Suzette. The hausfraus around here don't take kindly to differing opinion. Especially when it's drenched in sarcasm. It scares them.

its not just shaking hands.. its any kind of skin contact with a female.

ahh heck, they can keep their handshaking and any other skin contact to themselves.... but someone should tell them that deodorant is OK and a little soap and water wont hurt them.

:o yes.. i said it.

I never saw Kaysar treating any of the women on BB differently. I can't point to any specific instance where he did shake someone's hand. But, I am sure he did. Did he shake Julie's hand when he got eliminated? My point is this. Kaysar is a Muslim. If you are a Muslim, and you want to go on a nationally televised reality TV show, be like Kaysar. If you are a devout Muslim that follows the Quaran (sp?) to the word, then reality TV is probably not for you. My point has already been proven since "Allah" didn't save these guys from Philimination.

i agree with you on that Rook. kaysar is a perfect example. he did come into skin contact with women and i am sure he shook hands too.

these are trying time without all of th reality tv shows. but if you want to go on one these shows.... you must compromise certain ideals.

but i will be back on in the morning as i have taken my pills :blink:

Hope this helps .......about 1:35 into the video

Guest StarBaby
Careful Suzette. The hausfraus around here don't take kindly to differing opinion. Especially when it's drenched in sarcasm. It scares them.

For your information, Carvin, I am not a "hausfraus". I happen to be a gainfully employed, talented, successful woman. But when my kids were little, I was a stay at home mom, and damn proud of it. So please, don't talk down to the women here on this board. Shoot, most of us are posting from work during the day! You know when I first saw Suzette posting, I was thinking maybe it was you in disguise. She reminded me of you. Go figure.

And as for the two contestants being discussed, I agree with what Fizz and some others have said. If they are going to be on a reality show, they are gonna have to do some things that might be out of the ordinary for them. If they couldn't deal with that, then they shouldn't have been on a reality show. What if one of the roadblocks or detours required them to touch a woman? Would they have done it then? Guess we'll never know.

For your information, Carvin, I am not a "hausfraus". I happen to be a gainfully employed, talented, successful woman. But when my kids were little, I was a stay at home mom, and damn proud of it. So please, don't talk down to the women here on this board. Shoot, most of us are posting from work during the day! You know when I first saw Suzette posting, I was thinking maybe it was you in disguise. She reminded me of you. Go figure.

And as for the two contestants being discussed, I agree with what Fizz and some others have said. If they are going to be on a reality show, they are gonna have to do some things that might be out of the ordinary for them. If they couldn't deal with that, then they shouldn't have been on a reality show. What if one of the roadblocks or detours required them to touch a woman? Would they have done it then? Guess we'll never know.

I so agree with everything you said Starbaby! Im glad some people can see a point and not get their panties in a bunch. Your second paragraph says it all, if you are going on a reality show you have to know before you get there that you will have to bend a bit to get through it. As for Carvin and his hausfrau comment well it show how much of a man he is.. but yeah Im a 26 year old (with no kids) hausfrau - who is on a computer at work lol!

You're all right. Not only is it awful that they wouldn't shake a womans hand, but what's up with the no pork thing? And why won't they shave their awful beards? Did you see them rolling their eyes when not one of the women showed up in a burka? Let's just pick apart their whole belief system!

As for that reply well, I brought something up that was a valid point and that some people did and will discuss, although you are of course entitled to our opinion, all your sarcasm wasnt needed, no one is picking apart their whole belief system, we are just commenting with our opinions.

Kitty, you are no hausfrau... you are in an elite leauge of Beautiful sweeties...

You go girl!!!

This thread rules! Nothing screams I'm an American like bullying everyone to adapt to your 'perceived' customs.

Screw the melting pot, do as the majority does!!!!!! Touch me, I'm a filthy white devil! Be damned religion! While you're at it, put a stop to circumcision!

The USA IS a melting pot. But, when you melt two materials together you form a new one. A new culture. Kaysar is a perfect example of this. He continues to practice his religion, but he also mingles pretty well with the rest of us. Bilal and Sa'eed built a wall around themselves. They havent melted at all. They are just floating on the top. That is the problem. It's us and them. I see American's willing to accept many cultures, races, religion and people. I don't see as much acceptance of AMERICAN culture from the Muslim world. Are we too harsh on these guys by not accepting some of their customs? I don't think so. You want to see harsh? Watch a woman try to wear blue jeans and a t-shirt in one of the more devout Muslim nations. They'll stone her in the street.

Yeah and that's there and so what? It's their custom, so why try to impose your idea of the world on everyone else?

Love the attitude..if I don't think it's right, it can't be right.

And that is where you are wrong. That is not my attitude at all. If you bothered to read my posts for meaning instead of making assumptions, you would know this.

I did not say these guys need to change their customs. I just pointed out that Reality TV is part of American Culture. If they want to participate, then they will need to do things that may not necessarily conform with their beliefs. If that is too offensive for them, then stay home. It's a TV show.

While you're at it, put a stop to circumcision!

uhhhh :unsure: please dont!!! thats all we need is a bunch of flabby willys running around