Sign in to follow this  
Dade

David and Mary Conley

people that remind me of bb's cowboy freak me out. i will pass on this team.

Guest 6Borders

Well I like them just for the fact that they are "real people". Granted she has a voice that could peel paint off walls, but hey, I have my faults too. I don't hold much hope for them in the Race but you just never know.

Well, ....... I like 'em. I have to admit that I've laughed at some of their "situations" and even groaned a few times at some of their comments because being a fellow Kentuckian I had hoped that the couple from Kentucky would have represented "us" well. And, shame on me for being so superficial. It is still early and I could certainly change my mind about David and Mary, but so far they have been kind and considerate and not even a bit cut throat which, unfortunately, will bring about their early demise. They seem to be very genuine and I'd be proud to have them as my next door neighbors. Go Kentucky!

They might be my favorite team. Watching the beginning last night, when they were showing all the teams, my husband and I were commenting -- 'that one can go .. so can this one..' etc. about so many of the teams. These two might have been the only ones we agreed on, that we would like to see hang around. Way better than that nasty bickering couple.

Cheap shots about the Conley's teeth, their speech and their education say more about the person posting than they say about the Conleys.

They actually took the time to apply and are in the midst of a very physical and demanding experience while those who have bitchy little comments to make are in their safe and warm little caves glued to thier keyboard.

Minds can grow, teeth can be fixed but mean genes go all the way to the bone!

Well, I don't disagree with that Dizzy, but that's the internet for you. Might as well get used to it.

I actually, did make a tape to apply for TAR with my friend, but it ended up being that family season and we couldn't apply. Now, he's in New York and my job is too good to quit for reality TV.

oh dizzy, that's what makes the message boards fun. :rolleyes:

people know that they will be critized for EVERYTHING when they agree to go on reality shows.

as for david and mary........do i make fun of them? yes, its fun. but do i respect that they are in this race and have made it, finishing kinda high sometimes, this far? hell yeah! i say, more power to them! hope they finish the race and win. but i will continue to make fun of them (if you've read the entire board that's what about 50% of posters here do......poke fun) and i will also be rooting for them to win. so its not mean spirited joking, it really is all in good fun!

At this point, given the mood of this thread, I really hope they go out on the next episode so this good fun will stop. They aren't mean, they aren't nasty or rude to others, they just might be a little less fortunate than some and that makes them an easy target.

I liked seeing them help the racers. I dont see the problem with racers helping each other ocassionally. I dont see the problem with giving them the water. Its not like they got it specifically for Lynn and Carlyn or poured it for them. Maybe I dont remember but I cant remember another team helping another team lead to there elimination in other seasons. I do remember Uchenna helping Meridith and Gretchen push a boat up the hill because Uchenna said "There good people" and Chip helped the twins and Brandon and Nicole a few times. Karma came through for them in the end because they both won. I honestly dont think they will win but i would like to see them stay around for a while because I have a soft spot for teams that really seem to appreciate the oppertunity to travel and almost seem to be in awe of there surroundings.

I agree with everything you said tv. But its the "good fun" posters are having at their expense that makes me hope they don't last much longer.

I was afraid the girls were going to get some sort of penalty on the water thing since they didnt get it all themselves, but then they went out anyway didn't they?

the "good fun" won't end with them losing.....but it might shut people up (maybe) if they can pull out a win

true....but at least they'd be rich.

ohhh.....maybe the teeth could be fixed then!

one could hope. but it didnt do much good for BB's cowboy now did it!

eh....he only got $50,000....would have cost WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more to fix that grill

So, the bottom line is ridiculing them at the most basic level no matter how much it offends others will continue? No matter how well they do in the race?

basically..........juvenile, but fun <_<

but if it really offends you, i will do my best to refrain

I read this whole thread again in case I missed something, and I really didn't see where any of the people poking fun at the Conleys were doing it at all maliciously. I really don't think their remarks rise to the level that would offend anyone. Most of the people making fun of them agree that they're good, likable people, and that's what counts. It doesn't begin to rise to the level of the crap that was being said during AI about Kellie Pickler {guess she got the last laugh there, didn't she?}, or during BB about Janelle, or for that matter about Katherine McPhee either.

The Conleys are probably my favorite team, and it didn't even bother ME.

P.S. They don't live in caves, but since David is a coal miner, he kinda works in one----- :)

I looked up Stone, KY, just to get an idea where it is (located just about where KY, Va and WVa meet).

The interesting thing was that the median household income in that particular county is $23,390 per yr.

The models received 20K for coming in first in their leg; think about it, that would be about a yrs income for someone from the Conley's area. It would be great to see them come in first at least once before they are eliminated. Winning the whole shooting match is just too much to imagine.

sooooo are we gooooo to goooooo now :angry:

clean.jik iam clean so can to bed

the median household income in that particular county is $23,390 per yr.

How sad, that's pocket change up here....

I would like to see them win a leg or make it to the end, but that won't stop me from dissin their hickness, gawd awful teeth and iggyness... It's all part and parcel...

I really do wish them the best of luck... They are nice people... K nuff nice stuff...

i'm malicious about no one here. all comments are made in good fun.

and that was a clean post fiz? HA

as for the conleys........i hope they win a leg of the race that involves money too. not the trips....they're already on the trip of a lifetime!

ahhh now there is the mess i made last night. good to know i still dont make sense.

i wonder if they live in a one family town? :huh: