David and Mary Conley

the-amazing-race-20060717000553921.jpg

All team photos: Robert Voets/CBS

Name: David Conley

Hometown: Stone, Ky.

Name: Mary Conley

Hometown: Stone, Ky.

Relationship: Married Parents

David and Mary are married parents who met while working at McDonald's 10 years ago. David was in the Army and did some traveling while Mary can count on one hand how many times she's been on a plane. This hard-working couple is eager to expand their horizons and see the world.

They look like my kind of people, so I hope they don't turn out to be annoying! I always seem to root for underdogs...

Mary and David are the BEST!!!! Real people with GREAT Kids. Down-to-earth, hardworking, loving parents. They aren't afraid to tell it how it really is. NO PHONEY talk, just a great accent. Everyone needs to root for these 2 Amazing Racers!! Love you Mary!!

They sound boring...

Philiminated....

They don't look like they're going to be too strong- but then again, the husband does have military background and works a blue collar profession so he may inspire himself and his wife to race hard. It'll be interesting to see what happens with these two.

Whoa, Mary's smile could peel paint and crack mirrors... Her teeth are awful.... Gives me the heebee Jeebees....

**ColdShivers**

Guest StarBaby

Her voice is super irritating. And David is cute? WTF???

OK, so her teeth aren't as perfect as actor wannabe's on Big Brother and he isn't going to make the cover of GQ anytime soon, that's been covered (some Marcellus types here). Neither of them can use those as disablities to get breaks so they are going to have to rely on skill. Let's see how they can run the race. It looks like they might have to work together just a little bit more, she can lighten up just a little on this new assertion of her independence. On the up side, they didn't come in last and she especially was very gracious and seemed to appreciate where they were as well as being polite and friendly.

did anyone else feel like these two might be related to bb's cowboy???

:D yes.. i said it.

Ok, I don't wanna hear any more complaints about reality shows not having any "real" people anymore----- :D

They squabble a lot, but did anybody notice that when she tells him to "shut up", he shuts up!

I kinda like this couple. They're on the trip of their lives. More power to them.

They just don't have the brain power to make it to the end.

The accent. It always gets me making stereotypes.

These two aren't my favorites, by a long shot, but I do want to defend them a bit. Of all the teams, it seemed like Mary made the most effort to use the native language than other teams (Thank you, faster). While the jury is still out, they do seem to be more intelligent that I first gave them credit.

And another big plus, they were kind to everyone.

:blink: didnt everyone speak english?

or are you talking about dumb english?

This girl says she has never been anywhere but Kentucky and Tennessee. And now she is whisked away to China. :lol: I bet that was a shock to her system.

Yeah, they're country but they do seem nice. Being a coal miner, he's probably tough as nails. Might do well in the physical parts. Lack of travel experience might be a problem for them though.

Im rooting for this team cause they are "underdogs". They did well yesterday I was impressed he was really pushing her telling her she could do it at the end. Now on the flipside they do need tto work together more.

Just the look on her face when she took a moment to take in the views of China.......priceless. However far they make it in the race, you can be sure that they will probably be the most thankful for the opportunity to see the different cultures.

Dep

I love this couple, they put the "real" in reality. I love the fact that this is all new to them and that the whole game will be a huge challenge. Go David & Mary!!!!!