Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris

the-amazing-race-20060717000554406.jpg

All team photos: Robert Voets/CBS

Name: Lyn Turk

Hometown: Birmingham, Ala

Name: Karlyn Harris

Hometown: Helena, Ala.

Relationship: Best Friends

These two Alabama mothers have known each other since 9th grade. The Amazing Race will be the first time the two have ever traveled abroad together. Both have limited traveling experience, but are hoping their resourcefulness and wit will make them the team to beat.

The typical underdog mom team...and I'll probably be pulling for them!

First impression is I like these gals...

They mean business!!!

Not impressed with them so far, they seem to complain a lot. On the other hand, they aren't like the 2 woman team last season that screeched about peeing their pants all the time.

I like em. I hope they do well, but I hope they have a little fun along the way too. Single moms need to enjoy their vacations from the kids at least a little bit :rolleyes:

Dep

for some reason, i like rooting for black women

(except for yesterday in the parking lot, when they didnt realize i am a pedestrian with the right of way, and decidced to come within one inch of hitting me, then cussing me out)

i really don't like them. HUGE chip on their shoulder about the gal with the fake leg. I was surprised they could get their butts up that wall. didnt think they could. they are grumblers. don't like them

They finished towards the back again. I'm not really giving them too much of a shot, to their credit they haven't made too many mistakes yet which could help them for a while. They just don't seem fast at all though.

i agree juvy! i would have been more than happy to see them go home.

nothing like stopping to give that team your jack. would have taken you two minutes!

Totally agree! To me they are such hypocrites, talking about God looking out for them when they get a favor, but not playing it forward.

On a similar note, no one stopped for the Korean brothers when their car broke down though. What does everyone think about that?

i don't think people need to stop and help, but if its possible to slow down and give them a jack, fine. but to try and wasted more than 5 minutes helping, is not necessary

On a similar note, no one stopped for the Korean brothers when their car broke down though. What does everyone think about that?

And who stopped for Mary and David when they were stuck in the mud? Granted, they probably couldn't have done a thing without a chain, but even a word of support. That being said, it IS a race and everyone knows that. At least no one cheered liked previous teams have done. What we need to remember too, is that they aren't stranded, they have a camera guy at the very least who has contact with someone. IF it had been a total loss, the car would have been replaced as they have on several other occassions. Flat tires happen everyday.

I don't think the problem was the jack with the models. They probably just didn't know how to change a tire. With the Korean bros, not much could be done, not many people know how to start a car.

especially those cars that they were driving! who knew they had to crank them?!

After I posted about them having a bad attitude in the general talk for TAR forum i was looking online and found a post race interview with Kellie and Jamie and they said that Lynn and Carlyn were one of the teams they bonded with. I cant see the girls bonding with them but you know how editing goes maybe they edited Lynn and Karlyn wrong.

Ahh, the infamous editing :P

Well my bone of contention with these two (beyond the whining) could be because of editing, so I am now officially going back to neutral. I wish the editors would show them bonding with other contestants, so far I've seen mostly mean comments and whining which doesn't endear them to me at all.

I like the ladies but Whoa, bad camera shot at the pit stop... I did not need to see the tight sweaty saggy shirt angle...

The ladies were shown crying about having to pass by their Kentucky friends on the way to the pit stop. And both pairs encouraged the gay couple to hang on while they waited out their 30 minute penalty.

Finally, an edit that shows why some of the other teams like them.

We mentioned getting proof of their likability and the very next show, it occurs. Coincidence? I think not.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MORTY'S :lol: