Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill

the-amazing-race-20060717000554671.jpg

All team photos: Robert Voets/CBS

Name: Kellie Patterson

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Name: Jamie Hill

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Relationship: Best Friends

Don't let their Southern Drawls fool you. These former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad are highly competitive and just might have what it takes to be the first female team to win The Amazing Race

blah, blah, boring...

I'm gonna need to see the bikini shots before I pass judgement..

Dibs too..

Ha, Wicked...

:lol:

You can have one of them if you want... You can pick...

Guest StarBaby

OMG the constant rah rah crap is grating on my nerves already! Stupid cheerleaders.

I guess because they are fellow J-schoolers and Gamecock Alums I will cheer for them, but jeez...do they have to seal clap for EVERYTHING???

Someone explain, why is my birth city spitting out more and more Reality TV people? Amazing Race, Survivor, Apprentice...and how come they all have some of the bitchiest qualities?

They seem like they could be competitive but I wonder if they are going to cheer everywhere they go? :huh: I can see that getting old very quickly.

Hey SC we agree on something lol as far as the gamecocks rule I am not gonna comment on how "hot" they look Im a female but my hubby did say they were cute. they have potential I think

I keep thinking these two are either going to REALLY get along with the Miss Americas or they are really going to hate each other. Both teams are competing for the "Hot Chick Team" title. Could get interesting...especially if Alpha males favor one over the other.

Guest StarBaby

Maybe one or both of those teams don't give a rip about being the "hot chick" team. Just because they look good doesn't mean they constantly need a man drooling over them. That being said, I still wish Kellie and Jamie would lay off the "cheering". That gets old sooooooo fast.

Dang, I swear all people from South Carolina don't have that poor of navigation.

Seriously man, those girls made it a habit of driving in the complete opposite direction of where they had to go.

Boy, they really stunk it up tonight. Lewis and Clark they aren't. :blink:

I guess this dashes my hopes of seeing them and the beauty queens do some nude jello wrestling. :(

They had about the worst night ever in the history of the race. They did everything wrong. I think they dragged Phil out of his hotel room when they finally gave up on the archery thing. They would have been still shooting. :blink:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Amazing Race Cheerleaders Are D! O! N! E!

by Rochell D. Thomas

060929interview6.jpg

Kellie and Jamie, The Amazing Race 10

Kellie and Jamie had hoped to be the first female team to win The Amazing Race. They wanted to joke with Phil [Keoghan], see Madagascar or Vietnam, and maybe spend some of the cash they slyly made off their looks during the first leg (more on that later). But, as is always the case in a globe-trotting contest, you don't always get what you want. And, after they made a wrong turn during the second leg's detour, the cheerleaders from South Carolina became the third team eliminated from The Amazing Race 10.

TV Guide.com: How many vaccination shots did you have to get before you started the race?

Kellie: Oh gosh, it was a lot.

Jamie: Seven or eight.

TVGuide.com: What was the weirdest?

Kellie: We had to get a Japanese encephalitis shot, and it was really funny because the nurses were so confused. They were like, "Are you going to be around pigs, or in China?" We said, "We don't know," and they said, "Why are you getting this then?" and we're like, "Our family planned a surprise vacation?"

TV Guide.com: Well, you did make it to Mongolia.

Both: Well, we tried.

TVGuide.com: What does Mongolia smell like?

Kellie: All we remember is the smell of camel poo. But Mongolia is absolutely beautiful. The mountains were pretty.

TVGuide.com: Random question: Were Tom and Terry always so "Just Jack!" enthusiastic?

Both: They're really like that.

Jamie: But we love those guys.

Kellie: And when we got on the train that took us to Mongolia, we shared a little cabin and we had an absolute ball.

Jamie: We were on the bus with them. So we got to hang out with them for eleven hours straight.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of the bus, I read on the CBS website that it was a 963-mile ride. What does one do on a bus for 963 miles?

Both: Sleep.

Jamie: Well, we didn't know when we got on the bus if it was going to be an 11-hour ride or if it was going to be a 30-minute ride. So you sleep for a little bit and then you wake up and you grab your backpack thinking, "OK. They're slowing down. Are we getting off?" So we were kind of on edge. But we got to know all the teams better because that was one of the first times we had nothing to do.

TVGuide.com: How did you know how much food to bring? Or did they provide food during a rest stop?

Both: No!

Kellie: Well, Jamie and I brought protein bars with us on the race because we didn