Erwin and Godwin Cho

the-amazing-race-20060717000554812.jpg

All team photos: Robert Voets/CBS

Name: Erwin Cho

Hometown: San Francisco, Calif

Name: Godwin Cho

Hometown: San Francisco, Calif

Relationship: Brothers

These overachieving, super-competitive brothers say they are ready for the adventure of a lifetime. Godwin has grown up in the shadow of his Harvard-educated brother and is eager to show his brother and his family that he has what it takes to win The Amazing Race. This team's love for traveling the world and competing is infectious.

Standard brother team with an Asian twist! My hunch is that this is one smart team and may do well...

Guest StarBaby

They need to step it up a notch or two -- unimpressive so far, and they were a fraction of a second away from being Phileminated.

Philemenated :lol:

I thought they would do better, but so far they aren't impressing me. And bringing squirt guns into an airport? Umm if that what college education is worth these days, I ought to save money and not send my kids. :(

not even hitting the radar screen in my book. Found them to be kind of bland? And the squirt gun thing was just plain stupid. I have a feeling they might have gotten in a bit more trouble if the cameras hadn't been there.

Dep

I have a feeling they might have gotten in a bit more trouble if the cameras hadn't been there.

I thought the same thing last night when I saw what they were doing. A stupid thing to do in airports these days.

i found it odd that they only know english. but of course, stranger things have happened.

not even hitting the radar screen in my book. Found them to be kind of bland? And the squirt gun thing was just plain stupid. I have a feeling they might have gotten in a bit more trouble if the cameras hadn't been there.

Dep

ITA with you they are boring, and kinda cheesy, wont be sorry when they leave

I was hoping more from them since they are obviously very intelligent. Hope they are able to stay in the race and use their brains.

Strong team. Made up a lot of ground getting to those horses. Went from last to third. Did all the tasks quickly. Much stronger than where they finished, just had a bit of car trouble.

They did much better tonight than last week. Definitely made up some ground. May be interesting to watch as it progresses.

Did anyone get the diss that the Mongolian guy gave to the brother when he bowed to thank him for fixing the car? The Mongolian had a look on his face that said "Dumbass" and the brother was totally taken aback that the Mongolian didn't acknowledge his appreciation.

Too bad, I really like them. When I first saw their pictures, I thought "Wow, they will really have an advantage. They probably know how to speak Chinese. Surprise! I haven't heard these guys utter one word of Chinese.

Now, please don't embarrass me by telling me that they are Japanese or Korean. :(

I'm really starting to like this team, despite their committing just about the biggest faux pas in the history of Amazing Race-bringing squirt guns into an airport, however, I'm thinking that they'll be eliminated in the middle somewhere too.

I believe that Cho is a Chinese name (or possibly Korean?) but they were born and raised in the U.S., so it doesn't necessarily surprise me that they don't speak any Chinese (if they are indeed Chinese). Maybe their parents never spoke it to them because they wanted them to speak English...who knows...

Too bad, I really like them. When I first saw their pictures, I thought "Wow, they will really have an advantage. They probably know how to speak Chinese. Surprise! I haven't heard these guys utter one word of Chinese.

Now, please don't embarrass me by telling me that they are Japanese or Korean.

Lol ok I am not embarrassing you, because I dont know if they are Japanese of Korean either, but I do know they are not Chinese, in the first episode when they were going to China, one said "we are going to our homeland, then I belive the other said but we are not Chinese.I know it still doesnt tell us what they are but it does tell us what they are not lol

This team needs to pick it up. They look sound good on the CBS website they sound like they could at least make Final 5 but they are barely keeping up. They seem nice and likeable enough that I want them to go further but i dont see that happening as of right now.