Twist Possibilities

lovely

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked it up and this has been added to the bottom of the post....

edited by Lexie/Admin to change the title from SPOILER - since this clearly is just somone's speculation on what the twist ( if any) there might be.

http://www.bigbrotherupdates.com/postt6043.html

Anyway, here's the link for those who are interested. I doubt if that would happen. But since the houseguests would be all shaken up, alliances broken because some members might not make it, completely new strategies and alliances would have to form, so I doubt if not being in sequester would necessarily be a problem. It sounds like something the producers might dream up if they've confirmed a few of these pre-game alliances. Strictly speaking , that would be against the rules, and they might have figured this would be a good way of breaking them up.

But it would really upset a lot of watchers, because this isn't just a twist, it's a total upheaval. I don't think they'd take such Draconian measures.

Thanks for finding the link Tarman.

Like i said, i don't know if any of this is true. It could all be someone's speculation. It does make some sense though because of Julie's comment about "setting off a string of weeklong competitions". Plus, because the game will be completely altered, it really doesn't matter who knows what thusfar. There really wouldn't be a need for anyone to be sequested.

I hope it isn't true because i don't think it would be fair or interesting after it's all said and done. But, as Danielle would say, "it is what it is".

Im not sure if this has been discussed or not (If so, Mods I apologize..Merge threads, delete..whatever you do! LOL)

I was just sitting reading the updates, and a thought came to me about future twists, and the whole early sequester thing.

Since it looks like no one else will be coming back that has already been evicted (because they would have been in sequester right? Not giving interviews and posting on their blogs!) Perhaps there will be a pass somewhere along the way, or a competition to 'Switch places with someone on the jury' either using the pass yourself (like anyone would!) or chosing someone to leave and someone to come back.

That could be fun!

ETA- Sorry about that...I knew this thread should have gone somewhere else...I havent had my coffee yet! LOL

I think this would be cool if they had another endurance comp but the twist would be the first one out wins HoH. You still let them think the one who stays the longest wins but when there is just one left you tell them the twist.

did someone say free beer. I'm here where is my beer. :lol::lol: That would be a cool twist but if the producers did that UVPnolimits would go ballistic along with all the other SOV haters except for Sparklet because his/her Dani would be safe. Now about that beer. :P

I think they should add volume to the spy cam but don't tell the HOH, they would have to figure out how to turn the volume on and it would be up to them to tell the future HOHs....anyone else agree? That would definately give them a chance to hear what others are saying about them. This would cause more fighting and excitement in the house. :lol:

I have been thinking of ways this game can be improved. I think the main weakness of this game is that "bad" players can go under the radar and make it very far or even win. Of course, in the context of BB, a "bad" player can be a good player, but I don't think it should work that way. Also, HOH should truly be a competition, not based on luck. So here what I'd propose:

Keep the eviction rules as they are until two players are left. The winner will not be decided by votes from the jury, but on a point system. The point system will be based on performances during the HoH competitions, PoV competitions, and food challenges each week. I'd say the first three finnishers get points, while everyone else gets nothing. So I guess the winner of HoH gets 10 points, 2nd place gets 7, and third place gets 3, or something like that. I guess the specifics can be discussed later. The PoV will be worth less. Maybe 5 points and so on. Players would gather points each week, and of the two players remaining at the end, the one with the most points wins. Until that point, as I said, we have normal HoH and PoV competitions, except everybody would compete for PoV. If there is a tie in the end, then we could have a jury voting to decide the winner. I guess what a point system would do is to force players to eliminate their biggest threats. BUT, at the same time, whoever is the overall leader in points in any given week, that player cannot be nominated for eviction. Also, if you form an alliance with a good player, maybe you want him to stay in the house because he is likely to win many competitions and not nominate you. In this system, bad players would still be able to go far in the game, but they wouldn't be able to win, and their chances of getting nominated are greater because they wouldn't lead the field in points. Also, I guess another twist would be to take points away from players that are taken off the block with vetoes as sort of a sacrifice for being saved. In addition, the player that is nominated but is not voted out also gets points for their survival skills. And there wouldn't be official standings announced to the players, except to say who is the leader in points, but they simply would have to keep in mind who the strong and who the weak players are. Maybe there would be also much misleading by the players about how they have done in the game until a particular point to make them appear weaker than they already are. I'd also make the HoH and PoV competitions in three parts: Physical, Mental, and Luck. And one more idea: Players get offered points by BB for doing something difficult, such as eating slop for two weeks.

What do you guys think? Just throwing it out there. This would drastically change the game, but so did the rule changes after season 1. :)

post is long so i only read about 4 sentence.

but the points systems sucks because it rewards folks like janelle who sucks @ strategy

based your point system WILLone of the bb players wouldnt make top three cause he throws all comps

this is one of those long posts which you have nicely taken the time to write, and that's cool

i personally lose interest if i have to scroll to see all of a post

so, anyway, maybe some somebody from CBS will read your suggestions and we will get to see them come to fruition next year :)

Actually, the chances are high that Will would make the top 2. Afterall, if it's based on points, you'd want someone like him to be with you. And who knows, with this system, Will wouldn't throw as many competitions, especially as time goes on, but then would make a comeback at the end and make up the gap. As the competition goes on, maybe the points and the differences between awarded points could be increased to make a comeback easier. There would be a lot of strategy in this game, but it would be a bit different.

Nice post BOS3000. Sorry for some of the rude children on the board. It is all about hate and making people feel stupid with them.

Your post has alot of interesting ideas in it. I like the fact that no one would be able to just throw comps and then win at the end. But, buy taking out the jury aspect, you lose the part where slimeballs schmooze their way through and convince everyone they are playing, and unfortunately, alot of people watch for that reason.

I like that the comps would be equally divided between physical, mental and luck, but again, people would still say they were rigged.

Overall, a nicely thought out plan you came up with though. Maybe some of it will be implemented if BB comes back next year.

Cheers!

Dep

Not being able to nominate the point leader is a flaw in the proposal:

It would make second-high total a target each week, which means that if someone did well in 2 or 3 of the early comps and became point-leader, s/he would be likely to remain ahead through the rest of the game (since the closest competitor would be the target each week.) And I think that could become (even more) boring.

Plus, it eliminates the need to even try to form positive relationships with the other people in the house, which would lessen still futher the motivation to be honest with at least your alliance.

What if this season of big brother had all the twists!

1.Partners- Erika and Boogie

2.Project DNA-Okay so only Nak. and Cowboy were related but, Nak. was in the house and Cowboy just didn't get in.

3.The twin twist- Diane has a twin named lindsay.

Okay so this may be stupid i dont know, but im just gonna shut up now lol

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I have barely been able to get on the boards this year.....always some kind of error coming up.

I noticed that when evicted, Allison and Jase both mentioned coming back. When Jase left he said he'd be back in 2 weeks and Julie told him "thats the spirit to have" like she was confirming that someone indeed would be back. It's been over weeks now and I haven't heard any more mention of it.

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring someone back? I read once that all of the members (even those who weren't voted into AllStars) were being sequestered. Any truth to this? Thanks!

Last night I was having a dream that I was part of BB7...lol, im addicted...anyways I thougt of a great award challange prize.

There would be to contest for this prize... HGs would do theirs, and someone out in TV land would have their own contest.

THe person that would win it outside of the house gets a trip to see live in person behind the walls thru the glass and watch.

THe HG that wins gets to go to the DR for 1/2 hour and meet the winner and the Person outside the house gets to divulge all information regarding the game. Who said what, whos in alliance with who. Who is being really sneaky, giving up game plans.

THe HG could not reveal that they received this information and can use this info to help win the game. But it could also put the HG in jeopardy.

Ok, Im going back to bed now....

A strange (to me) idea, almost certainly created by the same part of the mind that created the dream: a desire to be in BB7 house.

But, running with it, what if the outside winner were a Janie fan (there seem to still be a lot of them left) and someone else won the HG power. The fan would tell the HG loads of FALSE data about alliances, who said what, etc.. Would the HG be able to tell that the fan wasn't there to help THEM?

Archived