CBS Website and All things CBS

Guest ranster627

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason i cannot determine i have not been able to see video at CBS for over a year now. is there somewhere else these files are posted? I'd like to see the previews.

any help would make me so very happy :D:D:D

for some reason i cannot determine i have not been able to see video at CBS for over a year now. is there somewhere else these files are posted? I'd like to see the previews.

any help would make me so very happy  :D  :D  :D

Actually, I would make sure you have any popup blockers off first. The clips open with real player in the form of a popup. :wink:

Guest Krystal

any help would make me so very happy  :D  :D  :D

Real Player is notorious for acting up for no apparent reason. Even when it was running fine before. Try deleting it from your control panel in the "add and delete" section. Then go to the RP site and reinstall it again. Hope this helps.

I appreciate all your technical help but i've done it all. (and by the way i'm not a dude. lol)

I did all the troubleshooting, contacted Real and wrote to CBS. Don't use a popup blocker and have provided very specific guidelines for my firewall. Even reinstalled and upgraded Realplayer. The only place it won't work is CBS. Says it can't connect to the server. So i have resigned myself to it being unfixable and since its only one website i'm not heartbroken. Just was wondering if there was some other link to the videos.

Hi :D I'm new to the board. I read it all the time, but have never posted. Thought I'd hop on board the Big Brother band wagon. I've been watching the show since season 2 and LOVE the show.

Anyway.....

I just wanted to say that I too had some problems getting the links to come up too. It kept giving me the "cannot connect to the server" error. After disabling my pop-up blocker and tryiing it a hundred times it finally let me see clip. Does anyone know when they'll start showing the commerical? Or have they in certain areas?

Guest Shockalot

Im am also having the mystery CBS Realplayer problem

Upgraded to Realone 10.9 (the latest thing whatever) and any updates to that.

Turned off firewall, pop-up blocker, tried it from the direct URL.

nothin.

Since Im supposed to be a computer tech i will try and figure it out on my own but I too am only getting this at CBS site.

No other sites.

That does indicate its CBS/Realone. ughhhh whyyyy Realplayer again :x

I think that I have solved the problem/question of the error message on the last/bottom video on the CBS site. If you actually look at the address for the first two videos, the file name is a five digit number for the actual streaming video stored on the CBS server or possibly stored on the RealPlayer site. For the bottom video there is a six digit number (101242). The numbers for the top two are 10223 and 10224. I think the bottom is a Typo and should be 10242 but nobody at the company who is maintaining the the site has gotten around to fixing the problem (or they can't find the actual video file!!).

Guest cutestsmile

I wish the website had more info.... just something for us addicts to get by on... even old video clips would be better than nothing IMHO

For your info, I just sent a comment to the CBS webmaster and asked him to look into the problem with the bottom link on the CBS site.

When does the CBS BB page usually get updated..i know its before the show but how many days is. I need to learn these people and their names. Also i NEED the cbs chat room...arrg! i can feel the obsession comming back into full swing

Guest sweetpea13

Ok, I accidentally came across a way to get past the problems with the cbs BB website not playing the videos. So here goes for all you that want to see the videos posted on the site and havent been able to.... Go to WWW.cbs.com, then go to daytime soaps, then go to As the World Turns page, on the right there is videos you can watch about the show, click on one of them so the realone player comes up, once that is up there will be a primetime area, go down to the BB6 on then the videos should show. They did for me and I couldnt get them to play directly through the BB6 site either. Hope this helps some of you out. :wink:

You can also view the commercial here...

http://mortystv.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1406

Amazingly, I found this out first on an Aussie fansite.

Apparantly it's not aired on all CBS stations yet, but is on the CBS website: http://video.cgi.cbs.com/video/video_smil.pl/?

The ad gives nothing away really - just has scenes from BB5 with summer type phrases like "Gonna get hot"

I think that I have solved the problem/question of the error message on the last/bottom video on the CBS site.  If you actually look at the address for the first two videos, the file name is a five digit number for the actual streaming video stored on the CBS server or possibly stored on the RealPlayer site.  For the bottom video there is a six digit number (101242).  The numbers for the top two are 10223 and 10224.  I think the bottom is a Typo and should be 10242 but nobody at the company who is maintaining the the site has gotten around to fixing the problem (or they can't find the actual video file!!).

I think that the bottom video (3rd) on the CBS site is just the same commercial they have been playing. Instead of having the BB6 logo beside it, they now have Julie Chen beside it. I agree with hanklee that it is probably a typo. If it should read 10224, the video is not there. But if the typo is the 1st "2", then the link would end up as follows and is the same commercial... (just FYI)

http://www.cbs.com/cbs_video/insider/video....php?chap=10142

Well, it seems that my email to the CBS webmaster last week finally caught someones attention. The bottom link on the CBS page now finally works. The file address was actually 10124, a file that is older than the top two.