Sign in to follow this  
Slowpoke

Jeff Probst

Courtesy of: BROADCASTING & CABLE

Jeff Probst Has Spoken

By Mike Malone -- Broadcasting & Cable, 2/13/2006

Reality godfather Survivor recently kicked off its 12th edition, this time setting its reward challenges, tribal councils and million-dollar jackpot in Panama. Each season, Jeff Probst has hosted, and Mark Burnett shakes up the formula just enough to keep viewers tuning in (it scored a 7 household rating/19 share in this season

LMKO@MOM! :lol:

I don't think anyone else could host this show the way Jeff does. The man is relentless at tribal council, nothing gets past him and he calls em like he sees em.

That being said, did anyone else want to put a muzzle on him during the endurance challenge. Between the dramatic music and Jeff's on going commentary, I thought I was going to chew off all my fingernails.

i agree....if jeff ever quits.......survivor will be done

I agree about the endurance challenge, Rejuv. Same thing at the puzzle challenge, really. It seemed to me that he was trying to be distracting, especially on that last foothold. Then I decided he just gets carried away with his commentary and maybe he's not as loud as we hear him to be.

I sure like him, tho. He could park his slippers in my closet any day -- even if he might not be the hottest bod on the beach.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Survivor would not survive (hey!) without Probst. He's good but I don't tune in week after week, season after season to see his ten minutes of air time.

I will say that I was a little miffed at him for saying he was disappointed Ozzy didn't win. He quickly tried to smooth it over with a nod to Yul, but the damage was done. Not cool, Jeff.

I didn't hear him say that -- not saying that he didn't, but maybe many missed it. I thought he was genuinely impressed by both these guys. Ozzie may have been a favorite, just because it was so fun to watch him during challenges. He was awesome! To me, this just shows that Jeff still likes and gets into the game. It's cool to see him react that way, because by now he should have seen it all. Jeff IS Survivor. I really dont' think anyone else could do it. I remember after the first season, some people wanting Rosie O' bigmouth to host. Uh, yeah. THAT was a good idea!

Long live Jeff and Survivor!!!!

During the live broadcast, he said something like. . . this is the first time that I'm almost disappointed with the outcome.

I don't remember anyone saying Rosie should host Survivor. She hosted the live finale in Central Park after season 3 and people said she did a good job. There was talk of her doing the live broadcast again, but not the actual show.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Jeff Probst: rich/poor tribes

Courtesy of: REALIYT TV MAGAZINE

Jeff Probst Tells All About Survivor Fiji As He Prepares For The Next Season In China

Written By Ryan Haidet - He has seen 14 people win Survivor. This time in Fiji, host Jeff Probst said he never suspected eventual winner Earl Cole would be victorious.

Jeff's the only tried, true and tested Survivor on this show. Imagine the bdy odor alone of these people he has to deal with?

LOL Wickedone! Have you ever noticed that you never see Jeff very close to the people...and he just might stand down wind of them too. :P

I :heart: Jeff. :pixiedust:

What I've noticed is that they look slightly too clean for people who have no mirrors and extremely limited items\ability to stay clean. I tend to believe they are cleaned up somewhat before tribal council and closeup interviews. Nothing major, just enough so people watching at home don't get grossed out by seeing..... :animated_bouncy:

Jeff was on Glenn Beck for the whole hour tonight... It was a good interview...

There is a staff of around 400 people for survivor...

Jeff reads the survivor spoiler sites... Maybe he even comes here...

I saw that interview while I was on vacation. It was enlightening and really showed Jeff as a real, kinda funny, and smart guy. He was able to dodge the money questions, but still give quite a bit of info about how things started for him and eventually worked out. I enjoyed it.

So, MSN news is reporting that our favourite host is now single!

Oh yeah Erin, they broke up before this season started, I'm not sure if it was before the show had started taping or not though...

Wow, I must have missed that tidbit. A single Jeff is a good Jeff! :heart2:

Jeff is HAWT! He has the cutest smile. :outfitted_pirate:

I dont know....Phil from AR is hawt....Think I will take the Jeff and Phil Sandwich please.

The more I watch Survivor, the more Jeff grows on me. I fondly refer to him as Dimples. I like him for the same reason I used to hate him...because he's a smart@ss!

Dimples=Ultimate Survivor. He's outlasted, outwitted and outplayed everyone!

Jeff broke up with ol' girl? I found out she attended the university I work for and attended school, East Carolina University. Go Pirates!!

Yummy...I saw Jeff on Live this morning...yummy! He was a guest today and not co-hosting...I love it when he co-hosts.

Ok...I just had a most excellent thought...I am also a huge BB fan but I must say Julie Chen sometimes really annoys me. I think it would be great for Jeff to guest host on that show just to ask the types of questions he does on survivor or even just some of his comments. OR he could just do the finale and really nail them with some interesting questions unlike the pansy ones that Julie asks. Just think how much more interesting the house would be with the answers given to some of Jeff's questions. :animated_rotfl: