Sign in to follow this  
Slowpoke

Jeff Probst

pic_38296.jpg

Thursday, June 2

Today, Kelly welcomes back Jeff Probst as her co-host.

Friday, June 3

Jeff Probst joins Kelly as co-host again today.

Wow, look at Kelly in that pic. She looks like a barbie doll. Plastic.

Jeff is a great host. I love it when he's on LIVE! Too bad I'll be at work. Too bad I'm too lazy to tape it.

Yummy!! I love Jeff Probst. And he's the best guest co-host that Live has ever had!

Kinda nothing......the lad is hot.And he's got a job only the best of men could dream abou'!

Lots of half(or entirely at random moments) naked lasses.

Exotic locations.(comfy accomadations for him)

Meeting untold amounts of people from all o'er.

Can wear chokers an ne'er look like a dweeb.

Oh an...dimples.He has dimples.

Added note:

While ne'er missing one season of Survivor...I canna imagine any can compare tae the first one.

It was raw.It was not like anything we'd ever seen before.The characters were great and they didn't pamper them with bluidy chips and crisp sheets!

It was the REAL Survivor! B)

jeffprobst10iw.jpg

:wub:

Jeff looks baked in this pic...

I like his attitude towards them when they lose!! Classic!!

Jeff looks baked in this pic...

I like his attitude towards them when they lose!! Classic!!

It's probably from your avatar.

:P

:blink:

Could it be possibly true that Jeff Probst may not continue to do future Survivors? I saw a story on some news program earlier today that was mentioning about that. Stating reasons that takes him away from family and he is apparently dating a former contestant from the show? If that is true, would Survivor be the same with a differn't host?

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Is Jeff Probst Quitting 'Survivor'?

by Josh Grossberg

jeffprobst_240_005.jpg

'Survivor' Host Jeff Probst

Has the tribe spoken? Has Jeff Probst extinguished his own torch? Is Jeff Probst ready to leave the rugged life behind? After six years in the jungle, the khaki-clad host of CBS' 'Survivor' may be planning to grab a torch and leave the seminal reality game show when 'Survivor' concludes its 11th season this year.

Inside TV reports that the 43-year-old Probst is going to quit once his contract is up at the end of the current installment, "Survivor: Guatemala," which the Eye network debuted on September 15. He cited the constant traveling that comes with his emcee duties as one his reasons for stepping down as host of the popular reality program.

In addition, Probst stated his desire to settle down with his girlfriend, former contestant Julie Berry, whom he began dating last year after her edition of "Survivor: Vanuatu" wrapped as reasons for his possible departure. Probst hinted as much in a conference call last month to hype the premiere of "Survivor: Guatemala," telling reporters he was "definitely in love."

julie_jeff.jpg

Julie Berry may not have won 'Survivor' but she won the

heart and affection of host Jeff Probst.

"I'm more in love that I was six months ago. I get it now . . . love is the E-ticket ride at Disneyland," the tanned one said before adding that he was tired of the road. "I want to start a family." A CBS representative was unavailable to confirm the report at press time.

Meanwhile, "Survivor: Guatemala" forges ahead tonight minus three players who have since been voted out of dueling tribes Yaxha and Nakum--fire department retiree Jim Lynch, magician's assistant Morgan McDevitt, and retail salesgirl Brianna Varela last week.

Hoping to shake things up a bit, series mastermind Mark Burnett and Probst offered up a new plot twist in the first episode by bringing back "Survivor: Palau" members Bobby Jon Drinkard and Stephenie LaGrossa to compete for the $1 million jackpot again. They both have managed to stay in the game despite a few drawbacks in the beginning.

hatch_check.jpg

Richard Hatch displays his winning 'untaxed'

check from the first 'Survivor.'

One former contestant who won't be appearing on 'Survivor' anytime soon however is original champ, Richard Hatch, who has indicted on tax evasion charges, including failing to report to the IRS his $1 million grand prize.

Said Probst about the butt-bearing reality star: "Hatch is a very charming guy, and I enjoy talking to him. But I seriously think Hatch is delusional. The guy thinks he can beat the IRS. He's out of his mind. Fifty-seven-million people saw Hatch win a million dollars. To not declare it on your tax return is challenging the IRS. Who does that?"

Hatch has pleaded innocent in the case. If convicted, he could face up to 73 years in prison and a $1.35 million fine.

A 'Splash' of Humor

jeffprobst.jpg

Self-fulfilling prophecy? Not only is this photograph some nice

eye candy for us Jeff Probst fans but it might be also serve as a

foreshadowing of things to come on 'Survivor.'

Here is a little bit from the transcripts from the teleconference that happened right before the show... To me it seems E online is trying to pick and chose words to add drama...

Question: I read awhile ago there was some speculation would Survivor go on after the 12th installment.

JP: Well my contract is up after 12. In that sense I don't have an existing contract with CBS. I would assume they are doing more. But they don't order them that way. They only order two at a time and they've ordered 11 and 12. Not said anything about 13. I don't want to be the David Caruso of reality. The guy that everybody goes "you're not doing Survivor anymore?" I'm not an idiot. But 6 years of being away, I have to admit that I know it's a great job. How much more do you want to sign, signing another long term deal would be really hard. You miss people and I want to start a family.

Question: If you did choose to leave would the show go on without you. Would they replace you with Rob C. or someone like that?

JP: I don't know if Cesternino would be the right choice. I'm sure he thinks he would be. The show would definitely go on without me. The star of the show is the show. Survivor the structure is the show, that's why it works. And the casting of the people that you put on the show is key. Yeah, you could get someone else to host it. And it goes through my head that if you leave a show like that and the new person comes in and they're better than you. I gotta figure all that out and I've got to be asked back first. And I have a good relationship, I don't know why I wouldn't.

*tugs at Jeff's towel*

Och!I think Jeff underestimates himself...he is definitely part star of the show!

*tugs at Jeff's towel*

Och!I think Jeff underestimates himself...he is definitely part star of the show!

you are correct, JEFF is survivor. I would still watch, but I would miss him terribly. there is no other man in this world as beautiful as Jeff....................but I wish him luck in starting a family and I hope him well in his life, even if it's not with Survivor :(

moooooo

Whatcha doing on the ground. :o

:blink:

Here is a little bit from the transcripts from the teleconference that happened right before the show... To me it seems E online is trying to pick and chose words to add drama...
Yana, thanks for the extra research. Truer words were never spoken regarding entertainment reporting. So many times, rumors serve as background material for entertainment 'news.' One thing that might not be considered and very much in the mix of talks surrounding Probst not returning to his host duties of 'Survivor' is contract negotiations.

How many times have we seen actors talking about leaving a certain project when negotiations are approaching at the end of their contracts? One example comes to mind in the form of perky 'Today Show' host Katie Couric. Every time her contract comes up for renewal, you hear or see rumors about her: 1) switching networks; 2) doing her own talk show; 3) taking over a nightly news anchor desk or 4) becoming the next Barbara Walters. Miraculously, when all is said and done, Couric has one of the highest salaries of the network and the viewers get Katie back on their morning TV screen.

Perhaps, Jeff is using his brain as well as his brawn in getting a salary compensable to the amount of revenue the 'Survivor' franchise makes with each new edition. If so, good for you Jeff! I know he's been known to campaign to replace Regis Philbin (if he EVER retires) to co-host with Kelly Ripa in her syndicated chatfest. If that happens, he would have an estabished place of residence and could explore family and career together. If that does happen, maybe they'll rename the show "Live with Pipa and Probst" to pay homage to Regis' pet name for Kelly. :lol:

H8S,

You are so welcome... I knew I had read last year that he had signed for two more seasons... I don't know what will happen after season 12, but we do know at least he will be with the show that long... Sounds like maybe things are getting really serious for him and he want's to settle down...

*tugs at Jeff's towel*

I agree. I like him much better than Julie Chen and so would be sad if they continued to do Survivor without Jeff.

Just thought some of you would like to know...

Probst Sticks with Survivor

By Jim Benson -- Broadcasting & Cable, 12/8/2005 4:10:00 PM

Ending widespread speculation that Survivor

Yeah thank god.. Survivor wouldn't be the same without him.

I hope he gets pissier with the contestants though :lol:

So hilarious when he calls people out and trys to start stuff.

Excellent news! The guy has a dream job and would need to have his head examined to walk away from it! Glad he's staying!

This is good news for all Jeff Probst fans. Here's what the wire services reported about our beloved Jeff Probst returning to his "Survivor" hosting duties (and it's a great excuse to post eye candy photos of our favorite host)

ap_100.jpg

Jeff Probst Signs New 'Survivor' Contract

story.probst.jpg

Jeff Probst

Jeff Probst said he's decided that life without "Survivor" wouldn't be as much fun and he's sticking with the CBS reality series. Probst has signed a new multiyear deal, CBS spokesman Chris Ender said.

"I was thinking about retiring and spending my time traveling to exotic locations around the world, meeting new and interesting people. Then I realized, uh, wait a second, I'm already doing that with 'Survivor' and getting paid for it, as well," Probst, 44, said in a statement.

In October, Probst had said he was weighing whether to continue with the show. Probst has served as host since "Survivor" debuted in summer 2000 and his current contract was through the edition now in production.

jeffprobst_240_005.jpg

Jeff Probst

Mark Burnett, the show's executive producer, welcomed Probst's decision to remain as host and producer, lauding his contributions to the "ever-evolving game" in which players face physical and mental challenges in a bid to win $1 million.

"I consider him a friend and look forward to continuing to keep 'Survivor' fresh with Jeff for many more seasons," Burnett said in a statement.

Last month, CBS announced that it will air the 13th and 14th versions of "Survivor" in the 2006-07 season. That 12th edition, being filmed at an undisclosed location, is to be broadcast next spring. The finale for the current show, "Survivor: Guatemala," is Sunday, December 11.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Jeff Probst Says 'I Will Survivor'

probstreal.jpg

Jeff Probst

Jeff Probst isn't snuffing his own torch just yet. CBS shot down months of speculation that the "Survivor" ringleader would abdicate his Tribal Council perch when his contract expires at the end of the next season, according to a statement released on Thursday, December 8.

"I was thinking about retiring and spending my time traveling to exotic locations around the world, meeting new and interesting people. Then I realized, uh, wait a second, I'm already doing that with 'Survivor' and getting paid for it, as well," Probst, 44, said in a statement.

Probst's contract with the seminal unscripted show, which he has hosted since its inception in summer 2000, had only extended through the 12th season, now in production at an undisclosed location. The currently airing "Survivor: Guatemala--The Maya Empire" is the 11th go-round for the Emmy-winning series.

90033.jpg

Jeff Probst

Probst, 43, signed a two-year deal that would take him through the show's 16th cycle in 2008. (CBS recently committed to the 13th and 14th editions through the end of the 2006-07 season with the option of extending further, should ratings remain strong.)

"I consider him a friend and look forward to continuing to keep 'Survivor' fresh with Jeff for many more seasons," said show mastermind Mark Burnett. It was Burnett who first fueled the Probst-is-gonzo speculation when he told TV Guide in October that he believed the 12th "Survivor" would be Probst's last.

143649__survivor_l.jpg

Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett

"I believe in my gut that he will move on," Burnett said. Burnett also hinted that a former female contestant may take the hosting reins should Probst leave. Probst, for his part, had played coy in a subsequent interview with People magazine. "There's the inevitable point where you go, 'Do I want to do other things?'" he told the magazine. "But . . . I'll never have as good a job as Survivor."

Per reports, the reason behind Probst's dawdling was "Survivor: Vanuatu" alum Julie Berry. Probst began dating the 24-year-old shortly after her season ended, and their relationship is widely speculated to be the reason for Probst's possible departure.

Julie_Berry_and_Jeff_Probst.jpg

Julie Berry and Jeff Probst

"I finally met someone someone who could teach me about love," Probst said in an interview with People magazine about his relationship with Berry. "Julie's given me a sense of balance I've never had. It's like fingers interlacing."

"Survivor" has ranked among the top 10 shows every season of broadcast, becoming only the sixth series in TV history to do so. It has become a staple of CBS' powerhouse Thursday night lineup. "Survivor: Guatemala" is the sixth-most watched show this season, averaging 18.1 million viewers this season in its 8 p.m. slot.

This season's final four will be revealed Thursday, December 8, with the two-hour finale set for Sunday, December 11 at 8 p.m. Probst will host the live one-hour reunion special immediately afterward.

Reuters100x26.jpg

Probst Returns To 'Survivor' Host Duties

top8_jp.jpg

Jeff Probst

"Survivor" host Jeff Probst is looking ahead to his Sweet 16. Probst has signed a new two-year deal with CBS that will see him continuing as host of the hit reality-competition series through its 16th edition.

Probst's new deal essentially will have him hosting four additional installments as his previous deal ran through Season 12. The show is now in its 11th edition with "Survivor: Guatemala -- The Maya Empire."

CBS said last month that it had ordered two more editions of "Survivor" for the 2006-07 season, marking the 13th and 14th installments of the series. "Survivor" debuted in May 2000.