Sign in to follow this  
Slowpoke

Jeff Probst

If this was posted before.... would a Mod please delete.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar..._probst_seasons

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Jeff Probst lists his favorite Survivor seasons, reveals his thoughts on each.

In this week's Entertainment Weekly, Survivor host Jeff Probst "writes" an article ranking each season of the show and also revealing dirt about each one. Buy the magazine if you want more, but here are the seasons in Jeff's order from best to worst, along with highlights of Jeff's revelations:

1. Survivor Borneo: "[sue's tribal council speech is] probably still the greatest Survivor moment, and another reason why season 1 will never be repeated. And I honestly thought Richard would be the first person voted off."

2. Survivor Australia: "That show delivered every damn week. ... I do think Kel had the beef jerky. Just a gut feeling on what I heard and saw. People try to smuggle things all the time, and if you're really good, you can get away with stuff. ... We've had people try to smuggle things up their ass! And I won't say who, because we caught them and it never made the show, but yes, somebody tried to smuggle something up their anus."

3. Survivor Pearl Islands: "I wish we had a Jonny Fairplay every season. Personally, however, he's an absolute jackass whose actions at the Vanuatu finale after-party pissed me off so much that he's banned from any event that I'm at from now on. ... I hated the Outcasts. I felt it went against everything we say the show is about -- that if you are voted out, you are out of the game. In addition, it cost us a great player in Andrew Savage and in return gave us Lill, the most undeserving final-two member ever."

4. Survivor All-Stars: "Worst season I've ever had. I even considered quitting many times. I thought, I'm done with this show, I don't like it anymore, I don't like these people and their out-of-control egos, I don't like what the show's become."

5. Survivor Amazon: "I liked the battle of the sexes. I liked how it exposed the differences between men and women, especially in regards to competition. ... Rob Cesternino, of course, was a breakout character and really reminded people how to play this game. ... [Jenna] only won because the jury thought Matthew was crazy."

6. Survivor Vanuatu: "I really enjoyed this group of people. ... I loved that we had two gay women on the show, although Scout has since informed me that she's 'omnisexual.' ... What frustrated me about Vanuatu, watching it as a viewer, was the double standard applied to Chris and Twila."

7. Survivor Africa: "It wasn't a fun season. And you ended up with a final two of Ethan, who is a nice guy but boring television, and Kim Johnson, who is a wonderful woman, but again -- boring television."

8. Survivor Marquesas: "worst location ever. I will never go back to Marquesas -- ever. ... and by the time you got to the final two with Neleh and Vecepia -- I'm sleeping. ... It was one of the worst final Tribal Councils ever. It was sooooo boring."

9. Survivor Thailand: "this final four of Brian, Clay, Helen, and Jan was the least likable final four ever."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guest ranster627
I'd like to know who thought smuggling food in the anus would be a good idea.  vomit-smiley-011.gif

Did they say it was food?

Guest Anonymous

Not that I can see -- but still -- smuggling anything in that way! How desperate can you get?

Very interesting article, with some surprisingly candid comments from Jeff Probst....

Guest XandraSkye
9. Survivor Thailand: "this final four of Brian, Clay, Helen, and Jan was the least likable final four ever."

I couldn't stand them either. Brian was okay, and I'm definitely glad he won over Clay (yuck!). There weren't too many people I liked from that season. One of the girls that got kicked out at the very beginning seemed decent but she didn't stick around. I couldn't stand the skater dude, Robb. Ghandia and Ted totally got on my nerves with all their drama. That was a horrible season.

Guest Anonymous

It wasn't my favourite season either actually. But Brian did play the game with a bit of a twist -- he got to know the real people inside the competitors he was competing with. A true salesman. He was one person who really earned the million.

LOL can you believe that Survivor Thailand was the first Survivor that I had ever watched (I was working overseas during the previous ones)? So I had nothing to compare it to! But a lot of people have told me that Thailand was the worst ever....

Guest Anonymous

I kinda have to admit that this season is turning out to be one of my favorites. Its definitely different from any other.

I just haven't gotten into this season yet, I guess because it hasn't really been shocking yet. When Koror is forced to begin turning on one another I'm sure it will heat things up. Right now it's been so predictable. I do love watching Tom & Ian work together though...ahh, what a great team they make :wink:

I'm wondering just how much tag team Ian could handle, poor little lamb is looking awfully fragile :(

Tom on the other hand looks like he'd 'handle' just fine :P

Guest Anonymous

I dunno -- Ian seems tougher than he looks. He also seems quite... teachable.

Guest XandraSkye

Ms. Moody, corrupter of men around the globe!

I also didn't like Survivor: Africa because the locale was so boring. And I thought Ethan was boring too. Didn't really care for that final two.

I think Thailand was the worst so far...but I never did see the season in Africa

I have loved them all for one reason or another. Each has been special or had special moments or people. I have NEVER missed an episode of any Survivor.

Guest cappy

So where do you think Palau falls in this lineup? Somewhere below Africa and Marquesas?

I dont see how Jeff thought the Marquesas had a horrible location. The scenery was awesome and it had a good round of funny people. I didnt care much for Africa.

I haven't seen Survivor Africa, but I know that it was shot in Kenya and I was living in Kenya from 1999-2002 and heard NOTHING about it (I was traveling around quite a bit so maybe that's why)!! I've even traveled close to Shaba National Reserve, where it was being filmed.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why Survivor Africa was so crappy (I haven't ever watched it)??

Mango, I remember Probst actually saying on Survivor Live last season that part of his opinion was the fact that it was extremely difficult due to the lack of a water source.

Now, as for the contestants I'll let someone else field that.

You know i will probably be shot for saying this, but I enjoyed Survivor Africa. It wasn't my favorite one but, I enjoyed seeing the animals and scenery. I envy you Mango for living there for that amount of time. Was it school related?

Guest cappy

I watched Africa and its pretty obvious why it sucked. As tymorty stated, it was hard because they were in a grassland/savannah/desert kind of location and so Im guessing the producers or somebody had to bring in water or it was taken from an underground spring.

The casting in my opinion was horrible. Right on the first episode, Diane was complaining on the hike to camp already! Then she had to be dragged in the challenge. Im guessing viewers didnt like the way Lindsey was ousted because she had prior votes cast against her. Oh yea, the final 2 was very boring. You had Mr. Nice Guy Ethan who said Oh yea I like everybody. Then theres Mama Kim, also very boring.

Thanks for the info guys....I think I might want to rent it sometime!

Actually Trewa, I've lived in 3 different countries for extended periods of time:

Kenya - for 14 yrs (in different stages, not continuously)

Germany - for 7 yrs

Canada - for 10 yrs (also in stages)

And I love to travel...which is probably why I love Survivor and TAR so much!! :D

Guest cappy
I just rented Survivor Borneo. Its a lot different than Survivor today.

I was born in Germany and have been there over 20 times to visit family!

No way! I spent my childhood there...went to kindergarten and primary school there....but I've been back only twice since I left. Where in Germany were you born?

Just so that I'm not off topic....I don't understand what was so bad about Ethan Zohn winning Survivor Africa. Jeff Probst said he's a nice guy but it didn't make for good television. Well, I like seeing nice guys finishing first...like Chip and Kim on TAR....

I thought Ethan Zohn did a great job because he had the worst place to be in Survivor. The Teams were without water and the animals were totally protected. And I was glad to see "nice guys finish first". He had to play a tricky game to win. :D

What I remember most about Africa is the water being contaminated with elephant dung and their camp was surrounded by thicket so the lions and other wild animals would stay far enough away. Someone always had to be on watch for them at night and you could see the eyes in the light of the camera! It was so cool!

Now that would have sucked for Stephenie! :shock: :shock: