Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Are You Being Served? (Classic Britcom)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Are You Being Served?

Grace Brothers, a somewhat old-fashioned department store is the setting for this long running farce centred on the staff of the clothing department.

The plots were thin and they could only afford one set and a small cheap office for cutaway scenes, but the jokes kept coming. On the menís side of the department was the camp Mr. Humphries (John Inman) who declared ĎIím freeí whenever a customer needed attention. He worked alongside grouchy Mr. Grainger and the department junior Mr. Lucas.
In charge of the ladiesí cash desk was Mrs. Slocombe with her fluorescent rinses and Miss Brahms played by Wendy Richards who is better known now as Pauline Fowler in EastEnders.

Who's deceased?

The following cast members are no longer with us: Alfie Bass (Mr. Goldberg), Arthur Brough (Mr. Grainger), Harold Bennett (Young Mr. Grace), Arthur English (Mr. Harman), James Hayter (Mr. Tebbs), Benny Lee (Mr. Klein), Debbie Linden (Old Mr. Grace's Secretary), Larry Martyn (Mr. Mash), Milo Sperber (Mr. Grossman), and Kenneth Waller (Old Mr. Grace). Despite any rumors that you may have heard, Mollie Sugden, Frank Thornton, John Inman and Nicholas Smith ARE still living, and doing quite well, actually.[/size]

http://mortystv.com/...ng_served.shtml

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
OMG! I LOVED this show when I was growing up! My Mum would try and stop me from watching it. I guess it was a little risque for me at that age. :shock: All the cracks about p...ummmm cat. laugh.gif

Guest_Shockalot_*

Guest_Shockalot_*
  • Guests
What an awesome show this was .. lol.. i laugh just thinking about it.
It really was risque and it still is to this day.
30 years ahead of its time and then some and contrary to modern opinions there were flamboyant gays on TV longgggg before 'groundbreaker' Will and Grace or whatnot.
Mr.Humphries was downright a flaming mincer before most of these newer celebs were even born.
Hilarious stuff!

For some reason the episode / scene that comes to mind is Humphries having to spend the night at Mrs.Slocombes house.
No 'lines' in particular but just the combination of the two characters and the situation still stands out as the most ridiculous or moments on TV history.

Great TV Programme!

wash ur face

wash ur face

• Pip
  • 1,043 posts
lol..I thought I was the only person that watched this show..but I only watched it the year we didn't have cable in the dorms. It used to come on PBS. It was really funny, but when we finally got cable it was all over with.

aybsfan

aybsfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I created an Are You Being Served?/Grace & Favour site at:

http://www.aybscentral.com

It has tons of stuff for the AYBS fan! smile.gif

Just letting you know in case you would be interested. Have a new RPG there as well!

Thanks,
Elina

lisalisa

lisalisa

• Pip
  • 17 posts
I hear sooo much about this show and I really want to see it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users