Who would you like to see on BB7?

Brekkie Boy

Posted: Tue., Apr. 11, 2006, 8:30pm PT

Eye casts 'Brother' with help from aud

Viewers will get the chance to help select players

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS is planning an all-star edition of summer hit "Big Brother," but with a twist: Viewers will help cast the show.

Details are still being hammered out, but the current plan calls for CBS and the producers to select a pool of 20 past "Big Brother" players. Viewers will then get the chance to help select which of those 20 get to move into the "Big Brother" house in Studio City.

It's the first time any of the various international "Big Brother" formats has allowed audience members to participate in the casting process. There's been buzz about an all-star "Big Brother" for a while now (Daily Variety, Oct. 12).

Exec producer Allison Grodner said that 12 or 14 players will ultimately move into the house, depending on how the public votes. She and CBS are staying mum over just how the voting will be conducted, but it's expected producers will retain the right to cast some slots with past players who aren't aud favorites.

There's no word on a premiere date yet, but if history is any guide, skein will premiere the week of July 3 -- most likely on Thursday, July 6.

Picking the cast isn't the only way auds will participate in "Brother" this season. "This will be the most interactive 'Big Brother' yet," Grodner told Daily Variety. "Viewers will be getting involved more than in the past."

Players will still decide who gets booted from the house and who wins the $500,000 grand prize. Julie Chen returns as host.

Producers are planning a number of other twists for the seventh season.

Grodner, Arnold Shapiro and Rich Meehan are the exec producers of "Big Brother: All-Stars" in association with Endemol USA.

Date in print: Wed., Apr. 12, 2006, Los Angeles

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then WHAT was the point of ALL of us applying in the first place??? The work & conviction that the application process takes is huge! We don't want to see "pre-stratagizing" past guests in the house!!!! Pick me!!!! BB7DADDY

yes hopely the allstar edition live up to its name

Thank you. I really would like to know the official results of that poll. It's quite thorough.

Unrelated: YAY!!! I just hit 200 posts.

All you have to do is click view reults after you vote, here are the current results.

Aldav's Top 20 Allstars

Pick Top 20

Results

Pick your Top 20

Janelle (4%)

Kaysar (4%)

Dr. Will (4%)

Howie (3%)

Marcellas (3%)

James (3%)

Jennifer Nakomis (2%)

Danielle (2%)

Roddy (2%)

Amy Crews (2%)

Diane (2%)

Alison (2%)

Jase (2%)

Erika (2%)

Nicole (2%)

Will Wikle (2%)

Marvin (2%)

Hardy (2%)

Rachel (1%)

Jack (1%)

Holly (1%)

Jason Guy (1%)

Jun Song (1%)

Drew (1%)

Lisa Donahue (1%)

Scott Savage (1%)

Bunky (1%)

Chicken george (1%)

Ivette (1%)

Nathan (1%)

David Lane (1%)

Brittany (1%)

Josh Souza (1%)

Chiara (1%)

Mike Boogie (1%)

Shannon (1%)

Sarah (1%)

Michael Cowboy (1%)

Michael Donnellan (0%)

Monica (0%)

Adria (0%)

Eddie (0%)

Lori Valenti (0%)

Krista (0%)

Eric Littman (0%)

Dana (0%)

April (0%)

Karen O'Neil (0%)

Kent (0%)

Jee (0%)

Ashlea (0%)

Lori Olsen (0%)

Michelle (0%)

Scott (0%)

Josh Feinberg (0%)

Robert (0%)

Jennifer Vasquez (0%)

Eric Ouellette (0%)

Gerry (0%)

Tonya (0%)

Natalie (0%)

Amanda (0%)

Maggie (0%)

Beau (0%)

Jordan (0%)

Michael Lubinski (0%)

Cassandra (0%)

Curtis (0%)

Karen (0%)

Jamie (0%)

William Mega (0%)

Sheryl (0%)

Autumn (0%)

13005 total votes

As long as she was the first one booted. Her being humiliated would be the only thing worth her being picked. If I had to watch another whole season with her on there it would make me so mad, I would never watch BB again.

As long as she was the first one booted. Her being humiliated would be the only thing worth her being picked. If I had to watch another whole season with her on there it would make me so mad, I would never watch BB again.

Who thinks Allison needs to be bitch slapped... B)

reporter.gif

I am here reporting for Morty's TV front page...

"So innocent bystander number one what do you think about Crappy B*tch slapping Diane?"

"Well, I think she's gonna beat the crap outta him myself..."

"Innocent bystander number two what's your take?"

"I think Crappy is going to knock some sense into her! He's gonna get her in that mud...FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!"

nobody from bb4 or bb5 should come back. except for maybe alison. i'd be happy if they just brought back the whole cast from bb3. that was by far the best season.

Then WHAT was the point of ALL of us applying in the first place??? The work & conviction that the application process takes is huge! We don't want to see "pre-stratagizing" past guests in the house!!!! Pick me!!!! BB7DADDY

maybe the fact that you have applied for every season, and have not gotten in, is a sign you should stop applying...

just saying...

id rather be on the amazing race than BB, even though id love to, AR would be more fun cause you can be conniving and fun like Rob and Amber, but still get to travel with someone you know. My brother and I are considering applying for # 11.

--

as for BB7. I would want Janey and Kaysar in there, most definitely. They are the reason I got into Big Brother, never really liked the show until the Alliance vs the Nerd Herd. I could NOT stand any of them.

I would love to see Janey on it especially because she knows all the BB history so she would know who to ally with and who to hate. Everyone's kind of mad about the fact that they all know each other or know things about each other, but did you ever think that could make for even better dynamic?

Think about it, if you have all these preconceived notions about someone, then they do something that is completely out of "character," it can totally shock you. I just think the fact that they THINK they know all the other players could make for some very good tv. Like the people they hated on the show could become their best friends, or people they loved on the show could be their worst enemies. I can't wait for it.

"Big Brother" Returns with a First Ever "All-Star" Edition, to be Broadcast Three Nights Weekly, Beginning Thursday, July 6, 8:00 PM

BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS, hosted by Julie Chen, premieres Thursday, July 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and will be broadcast three times weekly on Tuesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, live eviction show, live ET/delayed PT) and Saturday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). This seventh edition will, for the first time, let America help choose who will participate in the game from among a pool of 20 of their favorite former houseguests.

BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS is produced by Endemol U.S.A. Inc., in association with Allison Grodner Productions and Arnold Shapiro Productions. Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Arnold Shapiro, Emmy Award-winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan are executive producers.

The following is CBS's summer schedule effective Wednesday, May 31.

Source

thefutoncrtic.com has released CBS's tentative summer schedule thru July 15th 2005, the following dates and times are all they have listed for Big Brother:

Thursday, July 6

8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS (Premiere)

Tuesday, July 11

8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS (Time Period Premiere)

Saturday, July 15

9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS (Time Period Premiere)

BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS, hosted by Julie Chen, premieres Thursday, July 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and will be broadcast three times weekly on Tuesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, live eviction show, live ET/delayed PT) and Saturday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). This seventh edition will, for the first time, let America help choose who will participate in the game from among a pool of 20 of their favorite former houseguests.

Think about it, if you have all these preconceived notions about someone, then they do something that is completely out of "character," it can totally shock you. I just think the fact that they THINK they know all the other players could make for some very good tv. Like the people they hated on the show could become their best friends, or people they loved on the show could be their worst enemies. I can't wait for it.

ooohh, sounds yummy. lol

Guest Shockalot
Spamgirl reported that its rumored Roddy took the summer off from his job....hmmmmmmm

So that is at least one of the Sociopaths that will be returning.

Notice it's on Thursday (7/6), skips Saturday (7/8), on Tuesday (7/11) , skips Thursday (7/13) then is on Saturday (7/15). They always mess with the schedule the first week.

reporter.gif

I am here reporting for Morty's TV front page...

"So innocent bystander number one what do you think about Crappy B*tch slapping Diane?"

"Well, I think she's gonna beat the crap outta him myself..."

"Innocent bystander number two what's your take?"

"I think Crappy is going to knock some sense into her! He's gonna get her in that mud...FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!"

Love it! Diane probably could kick my ass - I think I'll have to get Janelle to back me up!

But Allison is the one truly begging for the 'pimp hand.' :lol:

Archived