Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LOST- In The Media

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
6 characters from 'Lost' to become action figures
By Katherine Nichols

COURTESY OF MCFARLANE TOYS
The action figure of "Lost" character Charlie is shown here, a role played by actor Dominic Monaghan in the TV series.

Regardless of who is killed next on "Lost," six of the original cast are achieving immortality: McFarlane Toys is creating action figures in the forms of characters Jack, Kate, Hurley, Locke, Charlie and Shannon.

The 6-inch-tall collectibles will come with a detailed base, a photographic backdrop representing a specific episode and a prop reproduction central to that character's history. The term "action figure" is relative; they'll have "limited articulation," meaning the limbs will move, but not much. They will, however, talk.

Using sound-chip technology, Charlie (the heroin-addict, rock guitarist) will say, "Guys ... where are we?" and "You don't know me? I'm a bloody rock god!" He'll also sing a line from a song by Driveshaft, his band.

The figures are being manufactured under a licensing agreement with Disney-ABC's Touchstone Television, which produces the made-in-Hawaii TV hit. Their designs are precise to the point that computer scans were taken of each actor's face for use in making the models.

Though McFarlane is unsure about the number of figures it will release, "once it's sold out, it's sold out," said Carmen Bryant, executive director of public relations. The single-production run will likely propel the figures into collectors' items.
A second line -- which includes Sawyer, for female fans disappointed in his absence the first time around -- is targeted for next spring.

McFarlane CEO Todd McFarlane is best known as the creator of the "Spawn" comic books. But he's also won Grammy and Emmy awards as a producer and director, and has brokered multiple licensing tie-ins with major television and movie productions, such as "Shrek."

"Our reputation is all about the exact likeness," Bryant said. "We're not Mattel; we're not Hasbro. We think outside the box. Throughout the years, our company has really raised the bar in the industry. The reason that has come about is Todd's passion for capturing what you're seeing on the screen."

Components associated with the figures emerged in brainstorming sessions between the show's executive producers and McFarlane, who visited Hawaii in January to meet with the actors and scan their faces to capture dimensions and likenesses.

The sessions resulted in packages such as Kate's: Foliage will surround her figure, recreating the pivotal moment when she first heard voices whispering in the jungle. Her prop is a toy airplane. Charlie's is his Driveshaft ring, Hurley's is his winning lottery ticket.

In addition to the figures, a small diorama -- called a deluxe boxed set -- will hit stores simultaneously. The first will depict the top of the mysterious hatch, a crucial plot point at the end of last season and through most of the second. Around it will be miniature figures of Kate, Jack, Locke and Hurley.

But even dedicated fans may ask: Why include Shannon, a character killed early in season two, in the first set of figures?

"We wanted to start at the very beginning of 'Lost,'" Bryant said. "One of the key elements of our figures is the storytelling. Shannon was a big part of that. Plus, she's going to be in a bikini!" (When the Shannon figure speaks, she'll whine, "What's a four letter word for 'I don't care'?")

Anticipated sales are "huge," Bryant said, with buyers expected to include a cross-section of devoted McFarlane collectors and the broad base of "Lost" fans. Figures will be available online and at most stores, including Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and KB Toys, retailing for $14.99 to $19.99 (including the base and prop). The hatch diorama will sell for $24.99 to $29.99.

"I think people will want to have a little part of the show," Bryant added. "It's such a smart show. It's not the kind of show that you watch in secret. It's not your guilty pleasure."

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Michael Emerson: The Other Illustrator
Interview by Scott Juba

Michael Emerson as Henry Gale on Lost.

Lost’s infamous “Other,” Henry Gale, has been described as being many things, but heroic isn’t one of them. Yet, that doesn’t change the approach Michael Emerson, the actor whose eerily convincing performances bring the creepy character to life, takes when portraying Henry. “I always try to make my characters as heroic as I can,” Emerson says, “even if they do bad things.”

Throughout the course of the second season, viewers’ perceptions of Gale changed dramatically. After first being led to believe he crashed on the island in a hot-air balloon, viewers learned Gale has a leadership role among the “Others,” a mysterious group on the island that has tormented the castaways.

Emerson says he expects the understanding fans have of Gale will once again change during season three. “I think our entire perception of the Others and who they are and what their mission is will be broken wide open. I don’t have any particulars on that, because I haven’t seen any of the scripts, but I think we’re going to go live among them. I think it’s going to be surprising.”

He adds, “There’s another layer of reality going on with the Others, and I think we may be introduced to that.”

Although most view Gale as Lost’s main villain, Emerson is quick to point out that Gale has suffered more abuse than anyone on the show. “I have been bound, gagged, shot with arrows and tortured with pliers. It’s just one thing after another. Then people say, ‘You’re so scary.’ I guess he’s scary in that he’s a scary victim [laughs].”

So, what’s the real reason people fear Gale? “We just don’t understand his mission,” Emerson explains.

When Lost producers offered Emerson the part of Gale, he says he believed he would only serve a short stint on the series. During the filming of the scene in which Gale spoke to Sayid about the leader of the “Others,” Emerson began to suspect his part would take on increased significance. The director told Emerson he wanted to re-shoot the scene, except this time with Emerson appearing more fearful at the mention of the leader. Emerson recalls, “I said, ‘That sounds great. Except, what if I’m him?’ The director looked at me with a blank look and said, ‘I can’t talk about that.’”

With the expanded importance of Emerson’s character, he will be a regular cast member on Lost in season three. Even though that means he’ll be spending most of his time in Hawaii, this accomplished theatre actor says he still hopes to find time to perform in front of live audiences as well. “I’ll do theatre whenever I can get it,” he says with enthusiasm. “I know after a full season in Honolulu, I’ll be itching to find some stage work. I’m trying to figure out ways to keep my hand in it while we’re shooting the season. Maybe I can talk some of the other cast members into doing Sunday afternoon theatrical readings. It could be a little community theatre group. [laughs].”

While Emerson’s impressive multi-layered performances on Lost may lead people to believe he’s never had trouble finding acting jobs, Emerson almost didn’t make it as an actor. “My road to becoming an actor is the most round about route to arrive at an actor’s life,” he tells me. “It’s actually my second career. I always wanted to be an actor, but when I graduated college in the Midwest, I came right to New York, and it just knocked the wind out of me. I didn’t know what hit me. I couldn’t even begin to figure out how to have a life as an actor.”

With his acting career in limbo, Emerson became a magazine illustrator. “Illustrating was something I’d always been good at and somehow felt less tender about…I feel like the time wasn’t wasted, because there are a whole lot of parallels between these two crafts. I did get a work ethic and an aesthetic during the course of that work that has served me fairly well during my life as an actor.”

Only when Emerson left New York and ventured to the south did he find his way to a career in acting. He says, “I started doing community theatre in Florida, and I’ve been working my way back to New York ever since then.”

Now that his acting career has led him to Lost, Emerson’s compelling performances present a clear picture of how great acting can enhance an already intriguing drama.

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
'Lost' in the Web
ABC tries an online ''Experience'' to sate fans of its hit show till fall by Jeff Jensen

(From Left) Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, and Dominic Monaghan

On the night that the ABC Cast Away–meets–The Twilight Zone prime-time hit Lost concluded its second season, something strangely unfunny occurred on the late-night gabber Jimmy Kimmel Live. After his usual monologue, the comedian interviewed Hugh McIntyre, who was identified as a spokesman for the Hanso Foundation — which, as many Losties know, is the shadowy financier of the Dharma Initiative, a weird science project that once unfolded (and is possibly now unfolding) on the show's mysterious island. With a straight face, McIntyre accused Lost of misrepresenting the supposedly real foundation. With an equally straight face, Kimmel asked the flack about a hacker named Persephone who has been waging war with the foundation. When the bit finally ended, no one laughed, the audience undoubtedly feeling a little...lost.

Ah. You're getting it. Welcome to The Lost Experience, an innovative mix of interactive media, serialized storytelling, and old-fashioned marketing designed to keep Lost fans obsessively busy as they impatiently wait for season 3 to begin this fall.

Produced in partnership with Lost's TV carriers in the U.K. and Australia, the Experience was conceived by ABC's marketing department and the show's producers as a three-act story steeped in official show mythology but involving new or peripheral characters. ''You don't have to know all of Lost to pick it up,'' insists ABC's senior VP of marketing Mike Benson. ''But at the same time, it will answer questions for fans that reach back to the beginnings of Lost and even give you information leading up to season 3.''

Of course, this being Lost, things have to be complicated, so the Experience is structured as an epic Internet Easter-egg hunt: Participants must rummage through multiple websites to uncover elements of the story, then piece all of the clues together. The Experience also incorporates PR stunts (like the Kimmel bit), TV and print advertising, and the Lost tie-in novel Bad Twin, whose fictional author, Gary Troup, died on the plane crash that brought Lost's characters to the island. (Check out the video interviews with Troup housed at Amazon.com and other online booksellers for possible clues.) The extravagant enterprise is partially underwritten by corporate sponsors (which rankles some fans), but the commercial tie-ins have been intriguingly woven into the story. Locate the classified material at letyourcompassguideyou.com, and you'll find documents showing that Jeep was once involved in the Dharma Initiative. Yep, it's a reality-blurring head-scratcher — just like the show.

Joseph as Stewardess Cindy with and extra and Sam Anderson

But it's no time-killing diversion. The Lost Experience is an ambitious experiment in using the Web to maintain fan support for TV shows as broadcast networks struggle to combat constant audience erosion. It also represents an official response to the series' unique cult, especially its rich and rabid online contingent. Throughout the first season, executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse saw fans engaging with the show as if it were a massive multiplayer online game — watercooler theorizing and spoiler hunting as interactive play. ''The traditional notion of TV is that it is contained in a box,'' says Cuse. ''Now, with the multiplicity of tech options, we asked the fundamental question: Why does Lost only have to exist inside that box?''

More epiphanies started popping last year as Lindelof and Cuse were fleshing out Lost's mythological backstory, including the history of the Hanso Foundation and its elusive founder, Alvar Hanso (who's been seen only fleetingly on the show, in a two-second shot during a grainy industrial video). The producers knew they were coming up with more details than they needed. They also knew that fans would love to know what those unnecessary details were, anyway. A eureka moment came in May 2005, when they met with Hyperion to discuss Bad Twin, which they decided to embed with references to Hanso and minor characters like stewardess Cindy (Kimberley Joseph). Says Lindelof: ''That was when we realized we could use ancillary media to tell these elaborate backstories that we can't really tell on the mothership.''

The producers' interest in using unconventional means to expand the scope of Lost dovetailed with ABC's desire to cultivate the show's prickly fanbase through creative, organic means. Laying the groundwork for the Experience were two websites — Oceanic-air.com and a minimalist version of the Hanso Foundation website — that quickly became must-visits for devotees. The Experience officially launched May 2 with a richly revamped Hanso site, now haunted by the subliminal presence Persephone. Other sites followed, including hansocareers.com and the Sprite-linked sublymonal.com. (ABC declined to comment on traffic to the sites.)

Implicit in the Experience is the expectation that Losties will share secrets with each other. (ABC's insidetheexperience.com is the official clue-tracking hub.) But fans may also be pawning off fake clues as official clues, too. We say may, because ABC and the producers aren't commenting on content. However, Benson says he is looking at ways to make the Experience more accessible to casual fans; he hints that more public appearances by Hugh McIntyre and maybe even Alvar Hanso himself could be in the offing. Lest fans become too baffled, ABC is considering using traditional media later this summer to recap the essential plot points.

In the meantime, Benson is trying to keep his mouth shut. He also intends to check out those alleged Experience clues housed over at YouTube.com, including several new Dharma Initiative orientation films that look just like the ones seen on the show. ''Some of this stuff actually looks real,'' he says. Wait — was that a clue?!

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Lost set to become sexier
By Colin Mahan - TV.com

Series cocreators hint at a movie and that season three will feature more sex. Lost sex will be found. Prepare for sex and a Lost movie, in that order.

Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse wants sex, and lots of it. Cuse, speaking with Broadcast, said that when the show returns with new episodes in September, it'll be time for some of the characters to start engaging in sexy business. "It is organically the time where they can have relationships," he explained. "I am promising sex and hopefully it will be gratuitous."

In addition to the promise of sex, Cuse says three new characters will be added to the show.

Elsewhere, series cocreator Damon Lindelof told World Entertainment News Network that he thinks a movie is the way to keep the show from petering out creatively. "We'd love to end the show after four years, five years tops, and do a movie," Lindelof said.

Lost wrapped its second season at 14 in the 2005-2006 Nielsen ratings. In season two, Ana Lucia (played by Michelle Rodriguez) seduced Sawyer (played by Josh Holloway) in order to steal his handgun.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Congratulations to Michael Emerson for his Emmy nomination (as a guest star, not a series regular) for his role as (Not)Henry Gale. He TOTALLY deserves it!!! This is the ONLY thing they got right this year- no nominations for any of the other actors or the show itself? Are they totally insane? mad.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Just found out that Lost starts October 4 at 9pm Eastern.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Lost's' Long 'Day Break'
Show won't repeat, but it will take a while off

By Rick Porter
July 18 2006

Terry O'Quinn on 'Lost'

PASADENA, Calif. -- The good news for "Lost" fans: ABC has listened to you, and has scheduled the show in such a way for next season that it won't have any reruns.

The bad news: There will be a 13-week gap between the show's first run of episodes in the fall and the unbroken 15- or 16-episode string to close the 2006-07 season.

Into that long break will go "Day Break," a new drama series that stars Taye Diggs as an L.A. detective who's being framed for murder and keeps reliving the same day, "Groundhog Day"-style, while trying to prove his innocence.

ABC Entertainment chief Steve McPherson said at May's upfronts that he was looking at ways to schedule "Lost" without repeats in the coming season, and he reiterated his commitment to the idea Tuesday at the Television Critics Association press tour.

"We really listened to the audience," which was frustrated with the show's on-off-on scheduling late last season, McPherson says. He said that if it were possible to run the entire season straight through beginning in October, he would, but the show's production schedule won't allow it.

McPherson also didn't want to hold "Lost" until midseason because he wants to use it to help launch "The Nine," a highly touted new drama that will occupy the 10 p.m. Wednesday timeslot this season.

The compromise, then, is an initial run of six or seven episodes in the fall (the season premiere is scheduled for Oct. 4). "Day Break" will then take over the 9 p.m. Wednesday slot for 13 weeks (it's set to premiere Nov. 15), with "Lost" returning after that.

The "Lost" writers are aware of the scheduling and will tailor story arcs to fit the two blocks of episodes, McPherson says. He also hopes to keep viewers engaged with some off-screen content along the lines of the "Lost Experience" game that web users worldwide are currently playing.

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Thanks for picking up the slack on my part Dade. smile.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
No problem Jem. smile.gif

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Is ABC Losing Faith in LOST?
Source
August 02, 2006

A year ago, ABC hosted an incredible launch party for the release of the LOST Season 1 DVD. Journalists were flown to Hawaii, free of charge, whisked away into the jungle via tram ride, and serenaded by a band playing on fuselage while they were satiated with tropical drinks on the beach. The whole even was an epic undertaking, impressing all who were invited.

This year, however, the launch of the LOST Season 2 DVD will not be met with a similar extravaganza. ABC has severely reduced the budget for this year's party, slicing the guest list in half and abandoning last year's beach front venue, opting to use a 125-seat restaurant instead. This budgetary skimping could be a harbinger of sever under-financing in the near future.

I sincerely hope ABC doesn't view LOST's season 2 as a disappointment simply because ratings went down. Most any show that explodes onto the scene in their premiere season will have a let-down in their sophomore year. This is what happens when the initial hype inevitably dies down. It is normal. Even so, LOST was undoubtedly a huge moneymaker for Disney.

Perhaps more troubling is what some view as the creative discrepancies between the first two seasons. While LOST's first season was universally lauded, the second failed to garner as much critical praise, perfectly evidenced by this year's noticeably fewer Emmy nominations. Again, the second season is always a tough one and there has to be someone at ABC who understands this. However, the lessening critical support is the kind of thing that may convince the network executives to strip down LOST's budget. It is wholly possible that ABC's internal viewpoint of LOST has switched from “Biggest Show on Television” to “Solid Program with Quality Fan Base”.

One of the best ways to slash the budget of a show like LOST is to kill off a character. As we've seen in the past (well, mostly season 1), the LOST brain trust is completely unafraid to exterminate a main character. The LOST cast members re-negotiated their contracts following season 1, exponentially raising their pay per episode. With a cast as large as LOST's, losing a character isn't crippling; you don't even need to replace a dead character with a new one. Given all this, it's quite interesting to look at what Matthew Fox (“Jack”) and Naveen Andrews (“Sayid”) have lined up for themselves, outside of LOST.

Naveen Andrews is in the midst of filming one of the two segments of “Grind House”, the two-movies-in-one film by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. Naveen is starring in Tarantino's segment. What does this mean for Andrews? Is he looking out for his future, possibly knowing something we don't about the fate of Sayid?

Matthew Fox recently signed on to play Sly Stallone's antagonist in “Rambo IV”. Yeah, seriously. A huge action film like “Rambo IV” will, presumably, take months to film. Given LOST's long production schedule, I see no way that the two don't conflict. Again, does Fox know something about Jack that we don't?

Maybe the skimped down DVD launch party means nothing. Maybe last year's turned out to be too much of an undertaking, and the powers-that-be decided it wasn't worth the hassle. It doesn't feel that way, however, and I, for one, am not very happy about it.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
LOST Nominated for Two Internet Television Awards

Lost may have been snubbed at the Emmys, but the Internet Entertainment Writers Association have nominated the show for two Internet Television Awards. The show itself was nominated for Favorite Primetime Drama Series, while Matthew Fox took a nod for Favorite Actor in a Primetime Drama Series. Voting is open to the public and lasts until August 25th.

You can cast your vote at http://www.internettvawards.com/

Courtesy of LOST-TV.com

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
The new LOST Season 3 promo poster is out and it's a beauty! The eyes have it cool.gif . There is no Michael or Walt on the poster but Desmond and Nothenry are, along with Eko and Desmond (yep, they must be alive!).

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=16176

Courtesy of comingsoon.net:

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Courtesy of approachinglost.com:

No Skinny Dipping for Josh, Dominic and Matthew
By Nikki | Related entries in Matthew Fox, Josh Holloway, Dominic Monaghan

It seems that Matthew Fox, Dominic Monaghan, and Josh Holloway have been banned from getting naked while filming Lost - after producers expressed concern about their skinny-dipping.
The trio have made no secret of their love for stripping off in between shoots - but producers are forcing the stars to keep their clothes on in case a photographer catches them in the nude.
An insider says, “Producers are worried they are taking unnecessary risks in terms of their image.”

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
darn it!! Producers spoil all the fun!

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
yeah, that would have been a GREAT bonus feature for the season three dvds...or a really fun easter egg to find wink.gif .

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,603 posts
Just found out that Lost starts October 4 at 9pm Eastern.

Thank you, thank you. I cant wait, although some of these articles have me a bit worried, I hope season 3 doesnt go downhill!

cindyannie

cindyannie

• Pip
  • 1,942 posts
Does anyone know who the man's face on the lower right side of the new Lost season poster? And who is Juliet?

Rydethis

Rydethis

• Pip
  • 312 posts
Ecko is the face and I dont know who Juliet is. But Sawyer is hot though biggrin.gif

Trewa

Trewa

• Pip
  • 226 posts
Michael Emerson takes charge of The Others in third season of 'Lost'
HONOLULU (AP)
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:57:00 CST

Actor Michael Emerson, a cast member of the hit ABC dramatic series "Lost." (AP Photo/Marco Garcia)

Henry Gale wasn't supposed to survive this long.

The cunning, bug-eyed character on ABC's castaway drama "Lost," played by Michael Emerson, was hired for three episodes midway through Season 2. But once producers saw Emerson in action, he was made into a key character and is now leading The Others in the highly anticipated third season.

"The reason The Others seem so frightening is like everything in the real world - it's frightening when it's unknown," Emerson told The Associated Press. "Their agenda is unknown to us; therefore we fill it up with terrible imaginings."

The former Broadway actor is best known to TV audiences for his Emmy-winning performance as a serial killer in "The Practice." Damon Lindelof, co-creator and executive producer of "Lost" (season premiere Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET), said the original plan was to have Henry escape after the three episodes. But Season 2 ended with Henry and his armed cadre on a dock, holding plane crash survivors Jack, Kate and Sawyer captive.

"Who are you people?" asked Michael, who had betrayed his fellow castaways in exchange for his son.

"We're the good guys," Henry replies.

"I think he means it," Emerson said of his character (actors are typically kept in the dark about future plot developments). "We may not agree with him, but I think he believes it."

Season 3 opens with Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lily) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) in captivity. This season will explore why they were targeted; whether Sun's baby is really Jin's; Charlie trying to gain Claire's trust, a new woman catching Jack's attention; Locke and Sayid leading a group to rescue the three captives; and Desmond's wealthy lover trying to locate the island.

"In Season 3, the show moves geographically and spiritually to another place," Emerson said. "We will be with The Others more. They will become more three-dimensional."

He said viewers may even come to sympathize with The Others, who were on island long before the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815.

"Who's really the intruder? Who's the bad guys? Who's upsetting who? Who has the right to be there?" Emerson said.

Despite most of his scenes occurring in a small cell, Henry Gale has become one of the most compelling figures on "Lost." With a piercing stare, he transitions from victim to villain, keeping viewers guessing whether they should be sympathetic or scared.

And while Locke was pushing buttons to save the world, Henry was busy pushing Locke's buttons. Could Henry be a psychologist, or just well read?

"He seems to have a strong background in psychology, I would say," Emerson said. "He's beyond well read. He's really well read. That psychology stuff? That sounds good to me. He's not playing around when it comes to behaviour."

Like his character, Emerson is articulate and intelligent. Unlike Henry, Emerson is personable and warm.

While honing his skills on stage, he held several odd jobs as a landscaper, teacher, carpenter and illustrator while honing his skills on stage.

"You know those Social Security statements that tell you what you made every year? I look back on that and think, 'This is insanely little money,"' Emerson said. "But I don't remember feeling very desperate about it. ... Despite my poverty, I was always sort of doing what I wanted to do."

Emerson, 52, grew up in the small farming town of Toledo, Iowa, where he spent a lot of his unstructured childhood reading, drawing and day dreaming.He majored in theatre at Drake University and quickly became known as the small guy with a big voice.

He then moved to New York City.

"I thought Des Moines (Iowa) was this crazy big town. New York just knocked the wind out of me," he said. "I was looking for a big challenge and I found it."

He moved to the South and eventually met his future wife, actress Carrie Preston, during a production of "Hamlet" at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. He followed her to New York and got his first major break as the lead in Moises Kaufman's "Gross Indecency."

The name "Henry Gale" is as puzzling as Emerson's character.

It's not even the character's real name. He at first presents himself as a rich businessman who crash landed on the island on a hot air balloon with his wife, who allegedly died.

Henry Gale was Dorothy Gale's uncle in the film "The Wizard of Oz." In the 1938 classic, a hot air balloon was the mode of transportation for the Wizard and supposed to return Dorothy home to Kansas.

"What does all that mean? Is it just fun or is it a clue?" Emerson asked. "Dorothy is sort of shipwrecked in a strange place far from home, but hers was a fantasy. It wasn't real.

"It was a place where the moral order was sort of turned upside down or seen from a different perspective. On some level, it was a test of her as a person."

The real Henry Gale on "Lost" is a dead black man who is buried near the damaged hot air balloon.

That leaves even Emerson perplexed about who his character is.

"I'm not sure how that's going to work out," he said. "It seems everybody kind of knows him as Henry now, but sooner or later, we're going to have to put a real name on him, aren't we?

News from © The Canadian Press

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Evangeline and Dominic Tying the Knot?

Courtesy of Nikki at ApproachingLOST.com and the Canadian Press

Supposedly next summer!!

A source said: “They decided the time was right and they are very much in love. It will be a summer wedding.”

Dominic recently revealed he was desperate to become a father.

He said: “I’ve been broody since, like, 11! I love kids. I love being around wild animals or babies because it’s a pure interaction there. They’re all about the moment. So I love being around babies. It’s fun.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users