Sign in to follow this  
Jem

LOST- In The Media

Here's a link to a media clip about Sawyer's soft side msn video

And kayo that Lost fans parody is hilarious! Thanks for posting it!!

Courtesy of the United Press:

U.S. actor William Mapother, cousin of actor Tom Cruise arrives for the Cruise/Holmes rehearsal dinner Friday.

post-173-1163790234_thumb.jpg

Whoa! The actor who plays Ethan is Tom Cruise's cousin? Definitely no resemblance! :P

Lost Moves to 10?!

Dec 5, 2006 5:31 PM

Courtesy of Kristin at EOnline:

Could Lost really be moving to 10 p.m. (est) on Wednesdays? That's the word from sources close to ABC, who tell me the network is considering a new Wednesday-night lineup, which will be launched

Damon Trash Talks Other Shows

For those suffering from being lost without LOST- here's a fun parody clip I found on youtube...enjoy!

U.S. actor William Mapother, cousin of actor Tom Cruise arrives for the Cruise/Holmes rehearsal dinner Friday.

I dunno,they both have that big schnauze nose thingy going on.And in personality they're both nuts.lol

What day in feb does it start again??

Episode 3.07: Not In Portland (Juliet-centric)

Airdate: February 7, 2007

Thanks Jemmy!!!

I am gonna have to dvr the Feb episodes and catch up in march....

'Lost' Producers Talking With ABC About Setting End Date for the Series

01-14-2007

Courtesy of the Associated Press

PASADENA, Calif. -- Makers of the tropical island drama "Lost" say they're talking with ABC executives about setting an end date for the series.

There's no sense the finale is coming anytime soon. But knowing they have a deadline will help writers of the convoluted drama lay out how they want the story to end, producers said Sunday in a meeting with TV critics here.

"Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Carlton Cuse, an executive producer. "Lost" is in its third season.

The producers, citing Fox's "The X-Files," said they didn't want to wear out their welcome. "That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us."

"Lost" is due back on ABC's schedule next month following an extended hiatus after the season's first six episodes and will air uninterrupted through May. The schedule was a direct result of fans' complaints about reruns disrupting their concentration in past seasons, producers said.

It's likely next year that all 22 episodes will run consecutively, much like Fox is doing with "24."

One prominent critic _ ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson _ said he thought the first six episodes this season concentrated too heavily on the stories of Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of other members of the large cast.

The producers said that will be rectified right away for the season's second half as "Lost" goes back to the beach.

"Lost," which is shifting back an hour to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesdays, on ABC's schedule, has seen a 14 percent drop in its audience this year, according to Nielsen Media Research. Producers contend the numbers are deceptive because of a comparison with the second season, when "Lost" was a cultural sensation.

The producers concede that it's a demanding story for viewers to keep up with, and not one that people can join in the middle.

"We want them back," executive producer Damon Lindelof said of the lost fans. "We really believe in the show and the audience we're getting. But if we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience that we already have."

I can't seem to copy this article/interview with Ask Ausiello at TV Guide, so I'm posting the link:

LOST writers want show to end

Sounds basically like the writers are giving the network a choice...let the show end how they want it to end -a total of 4-5 seasons- or let the show go on without them after 4 seasons. They want LOST fans to have a conclusion to the show, not just be left waiting for it to get cancelled a few seasons down the road and be left hanging with no solid answers. YAAY for the writers!!! They are absolutely right and I can't applaud them enought... :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Wow that is really cool, I applaud them also!! :hurray: Im very glad to hear that. I would be pissed, if after watching it for years they just cancelled it and we never got any answers, so at least there is still some hope!

I would be pissed, if after watching it for years they just cancelled it and we never got any answers, so at least there is still some hope!

Me, too! And I would think that all those who buy the DVD sets should insist on having a tidy wrap-up by the end of the collection.

Another article about the same thing,

from: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-story-lo...-news-headlines

Text:

'Lost' Will End ... Sometime

Producers say they'd like to go out before they go down

By Rick Porter

January 14, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- The producers of "Lost" say they've started talking to ABC about when the show could, and should, end.

The idea, showrunners Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof said Sunday at the Television Critics Association press tour, is to go out while the show is still strong creatively; Lindelof says they want to do the show for "as long as it's good."

Lindelof has long said he envisions the story as taking about 100 episodes to tell.

"Somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 to 100 episodes was going to be a version of 'Lost' where we never had to do the bad season, the stall season, where we had to back off the story we wanted to tell," Lindelof says. "Season one is the introduction, season two is the hatch, season three is the Others, I don't want to tell you what season four is going to be, and then there's a wrapup season."

By the end of next season, "Lost" will have aired 93 episodes, Lindelof says, "and I imagine that would be very close to where it would end ideally."

It doesn't sound, however, that any announcement about the series finale is imminent. Stephen McPherson, the president of ABC Entertainment, says that while he and the show's producers have informally discussed the "beginning, middle and end" of the series, there haven't been any formal talks about an end date.

Cuse, too, says that looking ahead to a finale now is "kind of a trick question. We're in the process of figuring that out now. It would be disrespectful to the process of those discussions for us to say, 'This is exactly when it should end, right here.'"

McPherson does allow, though, that he'd prefer to have a workable plan for the show's endgame, rather than letting it "peter out."

There's also the possibility that "Lost" could continue without its original team, but Lindelof says he doesn't have the sense that would happen.

"The good news about a guy like Steve or [Touchstone TV chief] Mark Pedowitz is that we all kind of looked at each other at the very beginning and said, By the grace of God will this show even survive 13 episodes," Lindelof says. "So we're able now, Carlton and I, to sit down with them and say, 'Remember at the very beginning when you were having us convince you that this thing could go for years and years, and we all agreed it couldn't? Now just because it's successful it doesn't mean that's changed.' ...

"We were surprised when we went to ABC and started having that conversation. As opposed to them saying, 'Fine, we'll bring on new people,' they said, 'When do you think it should end?' Then the conversations began. Obviously they want the show to go on as long as possible, and all we can say is there's a show with us running it and a show without us running it, and if you want the show with us running it, this is when we think it should end."

And here is the TV Guide Kayo linked to earlier in this thread, which was hard to copy.

(from: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?t...ssDate=12345678 )

Text:

Lost Shocker: The End Is Near!

In what is sure to go down in television history as its most shocking twist, Lost is about to go somewhere that no still-hypersuccessful show ever has: away.

The time-tripping serial's producers announced at press tour today that they are in talks with ABC about establishing not a season but a series finale date

I think that "Lost Shocker: The End Is Near!" makes good points. The audience for this kind of show needs to know that its not a rat hole that has a cliffhanger at the end of some future season, and ABC decides not to renew; then the writers\producers explain everything on a webpage.

Barring a huge rating slide from Feb-May (ie The OC) Lost will be back for a full season #4. My best guess is that the producers will cut a deal with ABC to do another series after Lost (which follows Alias). They end the Lost after season 5 or 6, but start a new series which may or may not be a serial drama, but likely to be just as good.

I think ABC concern is attracting new viewers to a very complex show, and not loosing the current ones. The trend right now is not in favor of complex serial dramas, although a few continue to thrive. Heroes, 24.

Thanks, BuxomB!

Lost

Nikki and Paulo - Past Viewings

Source: Courant.com

It rankled some

Oh my ...

Lookie what I just found in the news, under the tag line of Odd Celebrity Couples:

Evangeline Lilly & Dominic Monaghan

How They Met: The hobbit from 'Lord of the Rings' and the Canadian actress don't share many scenes on 'Lost,' but they apparently sizzled off the screen.

Relationship Status: After Lilly's house in Hawaii burned down, Monaghan was there to support her. They are now reportedly engaged.

:animated_scratchchin:

Katydidit- You didn't know they were an item...and you call yourself a LOST fan??? (:giggle: don't mind me, I'm just giving ya a hard time!)

domevie005el0.jpg

domevie006ky5.jpg

'Lost' loses footage in airport blunder

By Sean Hao, Honolulu Advertiser Staff Writer

Film from ABC's hit show "Lost" was ruined when security employees at the Honolulu International Airport accidentally X-rayed the canisters despite warnings labels asking them not to.

The show's crew had to reshoot the scenes because there were no copies.

"This is the first time anything like this has happened," said state Film Commissioner Donne Dawson, adding that steps have been taken to prevent a repeat of the incident.

The loss will not affect the broadcast schedule for the popular show, according to co-executive producer Jean Higgins.

Higgins declined to say how much the gaffe cost ABC.

"That's proprietary information between us and the insurance company," she said. "We've already reshot. We are still on schedule."

Having to reshoot film is a monumental issue, said Anne Misawa, a local film producer and instructor at the University of Hawai'i Academy for Creative Media. A reshoot involves paying added costs for actors and venues.

For a commercial, those costs could easily top $100,000, and for a big-budget production such as "Lost," a reshoot could be more expensive. "You have to redo everything related to the production of the damaged dailies," Misawa said.

"Lost" reportedly spends $1.5 million to $2 million or more per episode with about 200 full- and part-time workers. Normally it takes about eight days to shoot an episode of "Lost." So if one day's worth of film was destroyed, the cost could be close to $200,000.

A commercial for Bank of Hawaii also was accidentally X-rayed and ruined on the same day the "Lost" film was X-rayed.

The incidents occurred when the film canisters were mistakenly mixed with passenger luggage and then sent through an X-ray machine. The canisters were left unattended at X-ray machines along with other non-film cargo. The film apparently was then thrown in with piles of passenger luggage without regard for the warning labels indicating not to X-ray the sensitive contents within.

According to an informational Web site run by the film office, the mistake occurred following a new Transportation Security Administration cargo security directive that requires that all small cargo packages traveling on passenger planes be screened by air carriers via an explosive detection system or explosive trace detection system.

Explosive trace detection testing involves TSA agents swiping items with cotton pads then testing the pads in a machine that detects explosive residue. That test would not destroy film.

Film shot in Hawai'i typically is sent to the Mainland for processing.

The state film office said it has worked with TSA and United Airlines to put a new process in place that will prevent future accidents.

"The issue has been addressed, and they have procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again," said Dawson, the state film commissioner.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here. This is a goofy, kind of fun clip of an alternate theme song and intro for the show that I thought LOST fans might enjoy-

LOST alternate theme song

Dominic and Evangeline To Wed This Summer

Courtesy of Star Magazine

evangelinedominicstarjz7.jpg

According to this Star Exclusive (Issue February 19th): Lost stars Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly may be keeping quiet about their two-year romance, but Star has learned they will tie the knot this July!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

ABC.com Unspools Lotsa Lost Backstories

Starting today and kicking off with (duh) Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Locke, ABC.com is posting a quartet of video backstories for Lost's assorted castaways, culled from previously aired footage and presented in chronological order for each subject. Four new segments will be posted each Wednesday until the end of the season, for 60 in total.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 02/14/07 10:01 AM