Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brotherlylove

Days Gone By

47 posts in this topic

Love this show. Every season hold great suspense! Keifer (Jack Bower) is awsome! He plays this role the best, I dont think I could see anyone else play it.

I was so glad to see Tony brought back into the show. And then last week they slapped Michelle back in! The tension between Michelle and Tony only hightens the heart pulsing reaction to this show.

As far as the terrorist are concerned, anyone have any thoughts as to whether the Mom will break and spit some more info out? Why havent they given her or the son the treatment that they gave the senaters son?? She already said if she feels that her son is not protected she will not say anything more. And waht about her comment about wanting the melt downs to take place, she belives in thier cause. IMHO, she should be treated as a hostile does and slap her with some lights and sounds!

Another great start on 24 last night. I wish I wasn't so tired so I could stay up and see the whole thing. I am only getting half the story!

I assume Jack was "kidnapped" and what, knows the whole ugly scheme now??

I loved the first season of this show. I watched it on DVD and I ended up driving all over the city to find the Discs I needed when they weren't at my local video store because I couldn't wait to watch the next episode.

I thought the 2nd season started out good but I lost interest half way through. I didn't even watch Season 3. So, here I am watching Season 4 and I've lost interest again and have stopped watching.

I waited a week or so to post this, thinking someone else would point it out, but if you want something done they say: :wink:

After the outrage of the Arabic community over the protrayal of a family of terrorists and stereotyping, I must say I was pleased to see some balance offered when Jack was assisted by two brothers of Arabic extraction while trapped in their store. It was a wise decision by the producers to display that every coin has another side! I say Bravo!

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Was 3:00-4:00 am an emotional train wreck or what? First, Audrey got all hysterical over Paul's death, which caused Jack "Stoic" Bauer to tear up big time. Then Tony professed his undying love for Michelle, who got all weepy in return. Not to be outdone, Chloe offered Jack a shoulder to lean on, you know, as a friend. Um, hello, people! Get a grip! There's a nuclear warhead missing out there! (We'll make an exception for Audrey. Honey? Go home!) Didn't it seem like everyone had gone a little nutty? Must be the whole lack-of-sleep thing. Buchanan lost his patience with prickly Chloe and her "personality disorder." President Logan threw not one but two paranoid temper tantrums, insisting Palmer had built an alliance against him. Edgar got all nasty when Chloe pointed out that he should've kept his mouth shut. Then, of course, there's poor, poor Audrey. When she's not begging Jack to leave her alone, she's lying about his whereabouts to the Chinese consulate. Talk about multiple personalities! By the time they all wiped away their tears, we finally got to see the ultimate showdown: Jack vs. Marwan. You had to cheer when Jack took Marwan down, even though you knew he wouldn't kill him. "I've been waiting a long time for this," he told Marwan. Yeah, so have we! Only now we're dying to know how you're going to stop that launched missile.

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - After several weeks of negotiations, Fox Broadcasting Co. has sealed a deal to bring back real-time political thriller "24" for two more seasons.

FROM TV Guide: The Water Cooler

Okay, this is beyond ridiculous. Jack had Marwan. The dude was wounded, hand-cuffed and in CTU custody. Yet he still managed to get away? And for what, the third time? Maybe they should call this show Lost instead? (Oh, right...) All so that Richard Heller could be implicated for what, doing the nasty with a guy who was a Marwan associate? That's hardly the juicy stuff I was hoping for. (It would've been so much cooler if the son of the secretary of defense was a terrorist. Stranger things have happened.) Meanwhile, there's a missile with a nuclear warhead in the air, people, and the cabinet is bickering over Palmer's tactical support? Yawn. Could that story line have moved any slower? (Though I did crack up when the speaker of the house made a not-so subtle ref to Dennis Haysbert's gig for Allstate Insurance. "It comforts me to know he's in good hands," he said of the Logan/Palmer alliance. Good Hands. Get it?) Why didn't Logan want the public to know that a nuclear warhead is coming their way? Cause he wanted to see what Jack will come up with first. Well, how's this: CTU can't seem to track the missile. Marwan got away. Their only lead to Marwan and the missile has captured Tony minutes after Michelle had professed her undying love and had agreed to leave CTU to live happily ever after. Oh, and have I mentioned that they still haven't tracked the missile, which will be landing in about two hours? Which, coincidentally, is the length of next week's season finale. See ya all then.

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

5:00 am-6:00 am

While Jack was this hour's hero for saving Tony's life, the entire 60 minutes really hinged on Michelle, who did the right thing by telling Buchanan she was being blackmailed by the terrorist. For a second, I really thought Michelle might call off all those field agents, especially since Tony once committed treason to save her life. (Here's an idea for a required course at CTU school

FROM TV GUIDE: The Biz

by Stephen Battaglio

050525thebiz.jpg

The Day After

How did 24 make its fourth season so successful?

Another day, another few million lives saved by CTU agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) as the wild roller-coaster season of 24 wrapped Monday night. The two-hour finale drew an average of 12.2 million viewers, helping the series finish its most-watched

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: I just watched Monday's 24 finale, and please tell me that Kiefer Sutherland is coming back next season!

Ausiello: Yes, Kiefer will be back, but whether he'll be playing Jack Bauer remains an open question. He did, after all, assume a brand-new identity at the end of the episode. Speaking of the finale, were those not the best two hours of television all year? I was literally sitting on the edge of my sofa the entire time. And now you know the truth: Marwan

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Auziello

Question: What happened to Behrooz on 24? They never told us!

Ausiello: He's alive, sweet Jesus, he's alive! Turns out a scene where Jack learns what happened to the little teen terrorist who couldn't got cut from the finale. For the scoop on that MIA sequence

Question: Everyone's talking about Behrooz being MIA on 24 (as they should), but what about the fate of President Keeler since Air Force One was shot down? Will he recover next season or will milquetoast-in-chief Logan still be in charge?

Ausiello: According to my spies, President Keeler was actually gonna bite it in the finale, but producers had a change of heart. Not sure who'll be in the Oval Office when Season 5 starts, but I hope it's not that doofus Logan. I mean, he makes Joanne look like Ken Jennings

Question: Any word if Tony and Michelle are gonna be back for Season 5 of 24?

Ausiello: It's kinda murky at this point, but I have it on good authority that Tochelle will have made good on their promise to quit CTU and pursue life as a boring married couple. "They're gone; they're out," says a source close to the show. "It's a real happy ending." But that's not to say Jack won't pull them back in when the going gets deadly.

Question: Got 24 scoop? I can't wait until January!

Ausiello: My CTU mole tells me two years will have passed between Seasons 4 and 5. And get this: Doofus Veep Logan will be the official president when the show returns. For some inexplicable reason, producers love that little nimrod. Meanwhile, I think it's safe to assume Keeler died on the operating table.

tvguide online is reporting there is talk about a possible 24 movie. Dont know how they will adapt the real time aspect of the show -- either that or it will be one longggggg movie. :wink:

tvguide online is reporting there is talk about a possible 24 movie.  Dont know how they will adapt the real time aspect of the show -- either that or it will be one longggggg movie. :wink:

As much as I LOVE this show, I've only been able to watch 1 season (about 18 hours without commercials) in a sitting. I think I would have some serious numb-butt after 24 hours. :lol:

This is your home for all the rumor and media hype leading up to the beginning of Day Six in January, 2007.

Fuskie

Who wonders how much time will have passed and what condition Jack Bauer will be in after his Chinese vacation...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

060614askausiello.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland

Question: Any news on the sixth season of 24?

More unsubstantiated rumors. Regina King may take on a role, as well as a young JFK type VP or presidential candidate (maybe John Tenny from The Closer). Chloe will be back, as will Curtis and Audrey Raines. It might be wishful thinking that William DeVane will be back, possibly as a presidential candidate. China may have nothing to do with the storyline. Apparently 24 and LOST producers whipped up a joke last April that Jack would be cast off the Chinese boat and wash up on the LOST island. We might also see Connie Britton (Diane Huxley) again. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July.

Fuskie

Who has no idea if any of this is true or not but will be interested to see what comes to pass next season...

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Kiefer: Next 24 Hours Are "Slightly Different"

Speaking of Emmy nominees, Kiefer Sutherland tells London's The Observer that Season 6 of 24 "will take a slightly different turn" as Jack Bauer faces his next very bad day. "We've had five years of him saving a large thing; this [season] is much more about him saving his own ass," says the actor. "He

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, AUSIELLO REPORT

OMG! It's an Emmy Catastrophe!

Wasn't this supposed to be the year that Emmy, with those much-ballyhooed new voting rules in place, finally got it right? 'Cause when I look at this year's list of nominees, all I see is one wrong after another. In addition to the requisite Lauren Graham snub, Emmy overlooked Lost, My Name is Earl, Battlestar Galactica, The Shield, Entourage, Everybody Hates Chris, Jason Lee, Hugh Laurie, James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Marcia Cross, Kristen Bell, Michael Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, the entire cast of Scrubs, and the list goes on...

There were some bright spots, namely the inclusion of Scrubs for best comedy, Denis Leary for best dramatic actor, Lisa Kudrow for best comedy actress, 24's Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart for supporting actor and actress in a drama and Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson for best supporting drama actress.

But overall, the negatives far outweigh the positives here. Nothing against Stockard Channing, but WTF? Ditto Kevin James, Martin Sheen and

Courteys of: TV GUIDE, AUSIELLO REPORT

UPDATED: 24 Casting Scoop!

A reliable source tells me that Peter MacNicol (Ally McBeal) is joining the cast of 24 as a series regular. He'll play a high-ranking government official who becomes embroiled in Jack Bauer's latest day from hell. You're probably wondering what this means for MacNicol's full-time gig on CBS' Numbers. Believe it or not, I'm told he will do both shows simultaneously. Sounds like someone's gonna be busy!

In other 24 casting news, the show is looking at actresses in their early 30s to play Chloe's new boss and Bill Buchanan's right hand lady at CTU. The character is described as smart, attractive and very good at what she does. In other words, Chloe's gonna have none of her.

Posted by Michael Ausiello 07/10/2006 12:03 AM

joining the cast of 24 as a series regular.

OK, let's be real. What series regular means is that he will last a couple of hours before being killed, outed as a mole, marginalized by Jack's lack of concern for authority, or he will sacrifice himself for the greater good.

he show is looking at actresses in their early 30s to play Chloe's new boss

OK, we can assume she will be technically incompetent, not knowing a protocol portal from a bandwidth redirection deflector. But can we hope that Chloe's ex takes a fondness to the boss lady, causing much discomfort for Chloe?

Fuskie

Who congratulates 24 on its slew of emmy nominations...

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'24' Adds Two More

Woodside becomes regular, King joins cast

July 17 2006

24424107.jpg

Regina King

LOS ANGELES -- David Palmer is dead and buried, but his family will still be a presence on "24" next season.

In the show's latest round of casting, the FOX thriller has made DB Woodside, who's had a recurring part as Palmer's (Dennis Haysbert, now on CBS' "The Unit") brother, a regular for the forthcoming sixth season. Regina King ("Ray") has also joined the cast, playing his sister.

Woodside's character, Wayne Palmer, will follow in his late brother's footstep by assuming the presidency, taking over from the twitchy and traitorous Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin). King's character, Angela, is a "powerful advocacy lawyer," according to FOX.

How the two new regulars will play into the story of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) in the coming season remains to be seen. FOX isn't dropping any details about the season-six plot, although Sutherland has said it will focus at least in part on Jack trying to save his own skin.

Woodside has appeared in the third and fifth seasons of "24." His credits also include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Romeo Must Die" and "Murder One."

The series will be the first live-action TV work for King since she co-starred in the short-lived NBC comedy "Leap of Faith" a few seasons back. She also voices Huey and Riley on Adult Swim's "The Boondocks."

In addition to "Ray," her film credits include "Jerry Maguire," "Legally Blonde 2" and "Enemy of the State."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: I am leaving on vacation next week and I need some 24 spoilers before I go!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, MAGAZINE

24's Finest Hours

Kiefer Sutherland reveals what's next for TV's most pulse-pounding show

by David Hochman

060809coverstory.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland, 24

Kiefer Sutherland can't pinpoint the exact moment Jack Bauer became a living, breathing creature, but he thinks it happened sometime around Day 4.

"Before that, people would come up and say, 'I love this movie you did' or 'I love your work,' but suddenly I was getting, 'I love Jack Bauer,'" he says during an interview in Hollywood.

Dressed in expensive-looking jeans and a white T-shirt, Sutherland looks happier and better rested than the counterterrorism agent he plays on 24, but then again, who doesn't? It probably helps that his show, coming off its most successful ratings season yet, is up for 12 Emmys, the most nominations for any TV series. Sutherland landed his fifth straight nomination for lead actor in a drama, a feat he insists he's only partly responsible for. "Sometimes it's like I have nothing to do with Jack Bauer anymore," he says with a most un-Bauerlike grin. "It's almost like I've become a conduit or his brother or something."

After five sleepless seasons spent averting Armageddon after sweaty Armageddon, Jack Bauer has secured his place in the pantheon of TV characters whose influence extends beyond prime time. In a post-9/11 age, Jack is a new archetype of American fearlessness, an unwavering force for unsettled times, a guy you want to be (or be with) when the Homeland Security level turns blood red. As 24 executive producer Howard Gordon says, without irony, "Jack suffers to save the rest of us, and that makes him a hero to all mankind." Or as Sutherland puts it, "When the New York Times starts talking about what Jack Bauer would do, you know you're in very weird territory."

Fresh from his first script meeting for the sixth season, which premieres on Fox in January, Sutherland, 39, kicks up his snakeskin cowboy boots and lights a cigarette before tackling a mission even CTU might shy away from — figuring out what makes Jack tick.

The analysis begins with a confession: "I'm terrified to get back into Jack Bauer's world again. I could never do what he does, not even close," Sutherland says. "Sometimes I think, 'Thank god I'm not the one running around trying to save the world.'" And yet, Sutherland says he has grown "increasingly connected to Jack" emotionally, even as nearly every other character on 24 has betrayed him, drifted away or died.

Day five in particular are separated jacked from the corps of humanity. Beginning the season under an alias as an oil rig day laborer outside LA, Jack would soon say adios to three of the four people who knew he was alive, including former President David Palmer (Denis Haysburt) and most perhaps his loyal CTU ally, Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard). as 24 Director John Cassar says, "Last season was a process of slowly eliminating everyone close to Jack." Jokes Sutherland, "The actors realize they shouldn't stand too close to me for a long period of time because it would mean they're probably going to get it."

Jack also wound up killing his mentor, Christopher Henderson (Peter Weller), after Henderson went renegade. Then, with another international crisis seemingly over, Jack had a passionate reunion - lingering kiss and all - with super devoted Department of Defense liason Audrey Raines (Kim Raver), only to disappear at day's and into Chinese custody.

Where does that leave 24? "We'll start with Jack next season at the lowest point anybody's ever seen him," Sutherland says, explaining that Day six opens two months into his Chinese incarceration. "Jack has always dealt with situations where other people's lives are in danger. Now it's space all about saving his own butt, and there is a lot of 'I don't care about me. Do what you will.'"

Sometimes it shocks Southerland how grim and isolated Jack's existence has become. "We watched a retrospective clip around the time of the 100th episode and there was a scene from one of the first 24 episodes that showed a lightness in Jack's eyes, his voice, that you just don't see now," he says. Back then, "Jack still had hope for a life, not just for catching the bad guys. As an actor and as a fan of Jack's, you have to believe - despite the terror and the evil that men do - that he can have his family and love and his life back one day. That's the real push and pull in the context of this character for me."

Nowhere is that push and pull better illustrated than with Jack's tortured relationship with Audrey. "Jack's burning desire to be with her is counterbalanced by the reality that he's about to go away again," Sutherland sayands. So in their big kissing scene at the end of last season, Sutherland played it two steps forward, one giant leap back. As he puts it, "for Jack, it was 'I want you, I want you... no-o-o.'" Then there was Jack's day five battle with Henderson, another man should will seesaw. " Jack had this incredible respect for their history together but it was combined with absolute hatred for what Henderson was doing," he says. " Jack was on the fence psychologically every scene they had together."

All of which results in a multilayered character that never loses its freshness for Sutherland, who was initially skeptical about committing to series television after years as a film actor. "I found something and check that pushes me to be a better actor. "I found something in Jack that pushes me to be a better actor, maybe even a better person," he says. "I'm embarassed to think I once said I wouldn't want to play the same character for five years."

The power of being Jack Bauer hit Sutherland in the unlikeliest places. He was skiing once in British Columbia when a stranger on his chairlift sol past Sutherland's goggles, hat and scarf.

"The guy whispers to me, 'I know who you are,'" Sutherland says, "and I don't ever tell anybody that is, but I'm into counterterrorism, too. And one day you're going to have to call my mother, who always asks, 'why can't you work as fast as Jack Bauer and get home for the holidays?'" Sutherland took it as "a really polite way of saying, 'I love your show but you have no idea what it's like to do this for a living.'"

Sutherland takes the PN the man gave him as a reminder that Jack is, above all, a flawed hero, a character as much in search of himself as he is on a quest to keep the world safe. Although some have argued that Jack's Machiavellian personality willing to do anything - deceive, cheat, even murder - to achieve his objectives, it's those moments of unthinkable action that Sutherland says showcase Jack's superior set of values.

Take the situation in Season 2 when Jack ordered his own daughter to murder the psycho father of a kid she was nannying as a lesson in self-defense. Or the following season when Jack killed one of his CTU higher-ups to stop the spread of a deadly virus. Or common near the end of Day 4, when Jack led his then girlfriend Audrey's estranged husband die in order to save a witness who had vital information about an imminent terrorist strike. Sutherland sites of those as a maund his favorite Jack Bauer moments because they "cut to the heart of his convictions, a sacrificing tend to save a hundred" while also defining Jack is a character riddled with questions about his decisions. "Jack will never reconcile with the things he has done, the mistakes he has made, the cruelty he has had to impose," Sutherland says, really thinking about it. "But what's so cool is the way he keeps going."

Occasionally, Sutherland imagines himself meeting up with bower somewhere, and he doesn't exactly relish the idea. "I think if Jack took a vacation, he'd immediately have the sort of meltdown we see Martin Sheen having at the start of 'Apocalypse Now.' The only thing that keeps Jack from being a total sociopath is that he doesn't stop.

What Sutherland would like to see is a slow return to the lightness check exhibited in the first season. As an actor, he says, he has to believe that Jack will eventually "stop running, stop working so hard and maybe even find love."

Whoa! Jack Bauer settling down? What would that look like? Jack and Audrey can't seem to keep things going. And while his CTU pal Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) seemingly has the hots for Jack, they just aren't compatible. "if it weren't for her incredible loyalty, not to mention truly gifted computer skills, Jack wouldn't give her the time of day," Sutherland says.

So what kind of woman would be right for Jack Bauer? Enter

Southern and lets out a long stream of cigarette smoke and smiles.

"A really fast one," he says. "Whoever Jack ends up with, she'll have to be a really quick runner."