Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Days Gone By

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

brotherlylove

brotherlylove

• Pip
  • 50 posts
Love this show. Every season hold great suspense! Keifer (Jack Bower) is awsome! He plays this role the best, I dont think I could see anyone else play it.
I was so glad to see Tony brought back into the show. And then last week they slapped Michelle back in! The tension between Michelle and Tony only hightens the heart pulsing reaction to this show.
As far as the terrorist are concerned, anyone have any thoughts as to whether the Mom will break and spit some more info out? Why havent they given her or the son the treatment that they gave the senaters son?? She already said if she feels that her son is not protected she will not say anything more. And waht about her comment about wanting the melt downs to take place, she belives in thier cause. IMHO, she should be treated as a hostile does and slap her with some lights and sounds!

chatterbox

chatterbox

• Pip
  • 616 posts
[b][i]Another great start on 24 last night. I wish I wasn't so tired so I could stay up and see the whole thing. I am only getting half the story!

I assume Jack was "kidnapped" and what, knows the whole ugly scheme now??

Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests
I loved the first season of this show. I watched it on DVD and I ended up driving all over the city to find the Discs I needed when they weren't at my local video store because I couldn't wait to watch the next episode.

I thought the 2nd season started out good but I lost interest half way through. I didn't even watch Season 3. So, here I am watching Season 4 and I've lost interest again and have stopped watching.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I waited a week or so to post this, thinking someone else would point it out, but if you want something done they say: :wink:

After the outrage of the Arabic community over the protrayal of a family of terrorists and stereotyping, I must say I was pleased to see some balance offered when Jack was assisted by two brothers of Arabic extraction while trapped in their store. It was a wise decision by the producers to display that every coin has another side! I say Bravo!

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Was 3:00-4:00 am an emotional train wreck or what? First, Audrey got all hysterical over Paul's death, which caused Jack "Stoic" Bauer to tear up big time. Then Tony professed his undying love for Michelle, who got all weepy in return. Not to be outdone, Chloe offered Jack a shoulder to lean on, you know, as a friend. Um, hello, people! Get a grip! There's a nuclear warhead missing out there! (We'll make an exception for Audrey. Honey? Go home!) Didn't it seem like everyone had gone a little nutty? Must be the whole lack-of-sleep thing. Buchanan lost his patience with prickly Chloe and her "personality disorder." President Logan threw not one but two paranoid temper tantrums, insisting Palmer had built an alliance against him. Edgar got all nasty when Chloe pointed out that he should've kept his mouth shut. Then, of course, there's poor, poor Audrey. When she's not begging Jack to leave her alone, she's lying about his whereabouts to the Chinese consulate. Talk about multiple personalities! By the time they all wiped away their tears, we finally got to see the ultimate showdown: Jack vs. Marwan. You had to cheer when Jack took Marwan down, even though you knew he wouldn't kill him. "I've been waiting a long time for this," he told Marwan. Yeah, so have we! Only now we're dying to know how you're going to stop that launched missile. — Robin Honig

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - After several weeks of negotiations, Fox Broadcasting Co. has sealed a deal to bring back real-time political thriller "24" for two more seasons.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV Guide: The Water Cooler

Okay, this is beyond ridiculous. Jack had Marwan. The dude was wounded, hand-cuffed and in CTU custody. Yet he still managed to get away? And for what, the third time? Maybe they should call this show Lost instead? (Oh, right...) All so that Richard Heller could be implicated for what, doing the nasty with a guy who was a Marwan associate? That's hardly the juicy stuff I was hoping for. (It would've been so much cooler if the son of the secretary of defense was a terrorist. Stranger things have happened.) Meanwhile, there's a missile with a nuclear warhead in the air, people, and the cabinet is bickering over Palmer's tactical support? Yawn. Could that story line have moved any slower? (Though I did crack up when the speaker of the house made a not-so subtle ref to Dennis Haysbert's gig for Allstate Insurance. "It comforts me to know he's in good hands," he said of the Logan/Palmer alliance. Good Hands. Get it?) Why didn't Logan want the public to know that a nuclear warhead is coming their way? Cause he wanted to see what Jack will come up with first. Well, how's this: CTU can't seem to track the missile. Marwan got away. Their only lead to Marwan and the missile has captured Tony minutes after Michelle had professed her undying love and had agreed to leave CTU to live happily ever after. Oh, and have I mentioned that they still haven't tracked the missile, which will be landing in about two hours? Which, coincidentally, is the length of next week's season finale. See ya all then. — Robin Honig

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

5:00 am-6:00 am

While Jack was this hour's hero for saving Tony's life, the entire 60 minutes really hinged on Michelle, who did the right thing by telling Buchanan she was being blackmailed by the terrorist. For a second, I really thought Michelle might call off all those field agents, especially since Tony once committed treason to save her life. (Here's an idea for a required course at CTU school — "Dating a Fellow Agent: Don't Do It. No, We Really Mean It.") Talk about an ethical dilemma — your boyfriend or millions of dead people. Luckily her choice set in motion the capture of the terrorist who then led Jack to Marwan. Here's what I learned:
[list]1) Marwan knew some freakin' hot terrorists. Mandi's a cross between Jennifer Connelly (long straight black hair covering intense eyes) and Angelina Jolie circa Tomb Raider (complete with teeny-tiny tight black shorts and gun strapped to her way-muscular leg). No wonder Marwan wanted her to escape the country with him!
2) Rain doesn't wash away bloody footprints. A smart move by Tony, who cut his toe so that Jack could find him.
3) But rain should've been heard on tape if Miss Hot Terrorist (MHT) was indeed the one inside getaway car. Which could only mean one thing: Tony's still alive! Oh, and that MHT sent her two neighbors to die in the car blast. (Reminder to self: be really, really nice to the people living next door.)
4) Logan suffered more meltdowns than a thirsty Courtney Love fresh out of rehab. This time, I half expected Palmer to slap him across the face. "Act Presidential!" he barked at him after Logan whined about the missing missile. How about acting normal, instead?
5) CTU needs to train their agents better. Man, did Burns give it up too fast or what? And they didn't even lay a hand on the guy. What a wuss![list]
6:00 am-7:00am

Our poor hero, Jack, forced to fake his own death... Looks like he got the raw end of the deal with Marwan dead (who really expected him to be taken alive?), the missile shot out of the air (phew), the war with the Chinese averted (phew, again!) and Michelle and Tony living happily ever after (awww!). Guess that's the burden of saving the world. Here's what I learned:
[list]1) Palmer should've run for (and won) a second term. What was more classy than signing off on the MHT's (see above) immunity deal even after finding out she once tried to kill him?
2) If you can't escape the country with MHT, then you might as well free-fall to your death off a parking lot deck.
3) A point-blank shot from an automatic weapon won't wipe out the hard drive in a GPS system. (I drop my laptop once and I lose everything. Go figure!)
4) You can't decode any information with a correlation matrix unless you expand the parameter. Duh! (Just ask Chloe.)
5) Never trust a politician. Did you notice how fast Logan turned on Palmer after thanking him for saving the day? Same goes for security chief Cummings, who immediately went against Logan's wishes by putting a hit on Jack.
6) When absolutely necessary, find a way to stage your own death. Do a really good job of stopping your heart, and your breathing, and bring along some fake blood. Oh, and hope like hell the epinephrine works. (Good thing it did...)[list]
Talk about a looooong 24 hours. But you did good, Jack, and saved millions of people. Hope you find your way back to us and to CTU. See you next year. — Robin Honig

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: The Biz

by Stephen Battaglio

The Day After

How did 24 make its fourth season so successful?
Another day, another few million lives saved by CTU agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) as the wild roller-coaster season of 24 wrapped Monday night. The two-hour finale drew an average of 12.2 million viewers, helping the series finish its most-watched — and most controversial — season so far. The Biz talked to series cocreator Robert Cochran about why the show worked so well this year and what lies ahead.

TVGuide.com: It was your best season ever in the ratings. What do you think made this season different from the first three?
Bob Cochran: When we started the season, we had no idea it would break out like this. In fact, we were a little concerned that we had used up some pretty big premises early on — nuclear weapons, biowarfare — you couldn't go back to that well. We thought, "Well, is the stuff we're doing — kidnapping the secretary of defense — are the stakes going to be high enough to draw people in?" I think it worked. The Araz family certainly was an aspect that drew people in. Everything came together. The cast was terrific. Kiefer Sutherland has always anchored things; the chemistry between him and Kim Raver was excellent. Everything worked on an emotional level and that's why the thriller stuff worked.

TVG: How much do you think it helped to start in January and run on consecutive weeks?
Cochran: It sure didn't hurt. That was the network's decision. I always thought it was a good idea to run consecutively because when people miss one [episode], that's when they tend to [break the habit]. I wasn't sure about showing the first four episodes in two nights. That seemed a little risky to me, but I think it paid off brilliantly.

TVG: It will roll out the same way next year?
Cochran: That's the plan.

TVG: It seemed like there was a level of authenticity this season that we didn't see in the first few seasons. There were no made-up countries. The action reflected what's really happening in the world.
Cochran: That's an interesting comment. I feel that particularly in Year 2 we matched up pretty well with what was happening in real life. Although while we didn't make up the countries' names [this season], we didn't name the countries.

TVG: But there seemed to be more specificity this season. It felt more real.
Cochran: The main character, Jack Bauer, is constantly walking the line. Or crossing the line, most would say, in terms of doing stuff that he really shouldn't be doing. But he has to do it in order to accomplish the mission on a given day. It seemed to us it would be very interesting to put him in a position where there is no way out of those consequences. The president is not going to bail him out. CTU is not going to bail him out. There is no way he can dodge the consequences of what he's done. It's not that what he did was wrong necessarily — it's something that's got to be done. But somebody has to take the heat for it. That was interesting to us, and that's how the whole Chinese subplot came into it. Similarly, from a national point of view, if you look at the war on terror, it is having an impact on our relationships with other countries, and that's an interesting thing. So if it made it seem more real, that's great. You see how the implications of what we're doing [to fight] terror play out on the political level and how they play out in the trenches.... The politicians make certain decisions and put certain pressures on the guys who are carrying out their orders, and when things go wrong it's usually the guys in the trenches that take the heat. To me, that is true of every organization and certainly true in the government. I think that helped things seem real, too.

TVG: Some critics have been making an issue about the amount of torture on the show. Is that something that you debated in the writers' room?
Cochran: Yeah. We don't get off on it, but we find ourselves in story situations where, if you were an agent in that situation, you'd really have little choice other than to apply some kind of physical pressure. There is a nuclear weapon that's going to go off in a few hours. I don't think you call the guy's lawyer. You ask him, "Are you willing to talk to me? Talk to me and we'll make a deal?" If he doesn't, what are you going to do? Sit back and let the bomb go off? When you're in that situation storywise, it's tough. Frankly, the main character looks kind of stupid if he doesn't do something.

TVG: And the real-time element of the show probably drives some of it, too.
Cochran: There are two things that drive it: One is the time element, as you said. The other thing is that on our show, unlike in real life, we know that the bad guy knows information. So torturing him doesn't seem so bad, because you know he knows.

TVG: But as viewer, it does makes you think: "How comfortable am I with the lengths my country will go to get information about terrorists?"
Cochran: Absolutely. Regardless of what anyone may say, we are not in any way, shape or form trying to put out political messages, left or right. But if there is a philosophical underpinning to the show, it's that question you just raised: How far can you go in fighting evil before you become the thing you're fighting? Every time Bauer has to decide whether to torture somebody, or how far to go with something, that's the line he's walking. I think in real life, that's the line our country is walking.

TVG: Air Force One was shot down in this show. We heard the original plan was to have the president die, and you had to pull back a little bit.
Cochran: We talked about that and finally decided it wasn't necessary. It was shocking enough that the plane got blown out of the sky, which on most shows, it's safe to say, would not have happened. What we wanted to do was bring David Palmer back as a character. It seemed like a nice way to do that would be to get the acting president, whom we've already established as a pretty competent, strong guy, out of the picture. The vice president — whom we hadn't established at all, so we could do whatever we wanted with him — steps up and it turns out he's in over his head, knows he's in over his head, and turns to an ex-president who's been in this situation before. Our first thought was that you could kill the president. Then we realized you don't have to kill him, as long as he's incapacitated. It's a little less harsh and a little less shocking. We are not necessarily in the business of trying to shock people. We're just trying to tell good stories.

TVG: There seemed to be more personal stakes and emotion this season as well.
Cochran: I totally agree with you. It works best when we're able to do that. It's difficult because you can't really go through a relationship in 24 hours. The format in the show forces you to shorthand a lot of emotional stuff that, in normal storytelling, you'd be able to draw out and explore. Everyone is trying to stop Armageddon; it's pretty hard to have them turn to each other and start talking about how they feel.

TVG: Have you started plotting out the next season?
Cochran: We're wrestling with the first two or three episodes right now.

TVG: Will there be a connection to the last minutes of the finale?
Cochran: Certainly. We'll pick Jack up in a very different place, roughly a year later. Of course, the show is the show, so it won't be long before he's back in the saddle. But we'll explore a little bit of what he's been doing with his life and the situation he's gotten himself into. That will certainly have an impact on his behavior when he gets involved in the streets.

TVG: It must be tricky to decide who lives and who dies on the show at the same time actors are being signed for pilots.
Cochran: Horrible. Not just that — we're always working around actors' schedules. You lock someone in for 24 episodes, and you find out it's a great twist to kill him after 12. So you've overpaid him. By the same token, if you don't lock someone in and you really want them for the rest of the season, that's a problem. The pilot thing is a problem. That's a huge logistical nightmare.

TVG: So do you have to keep your stars out of pilots for the following season's shows even though you may not bring them back? That must be a complicated negotiation.
Cochran: It is. We have to work around that all the time. We try everything we can to give people the chance to do what will further their career. But in the end, we have to serve our show.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: I just watched Monday's 24 finale, and please tell me that Kiefer Sutherland is coming back next season!

Ausiello: Yes, Kiefer will be back, but whether he'll be playing Jack Bauer remains an open question. He did, after all, assume a brand-new identity at the end of the episode. Speaking of the finale, were those not the best two hours of television all year? I was literally sitting on the edge of my sofa the entire time. And now you know the truth: Marwan — not Tony — was the other male recurring character to get whacked. Personally, I'm just relieved Michelle (Reiko Aylesworth) didn't blow her brains out after thinking that Tony had died, because rumor has it that was the original plan. That would have just ruined me.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Auziello

Question: What happened to Behrooz on 24? They never told us!

Ausiello: He's alive, sweet Jesus, he's alive! Turns out a scene where Jack learns what happened to the little teen terrorist who couldn't got cut from the finale. For the scoop on that MIA sequence — and other burning cliff-hanger mysteries — be sure to pick up the June 12 issue of TV Guide magazine (on sale June 9).

Question: Will Tony and Michelle be back on 24 next year? They are one of the best reasons to watch the show!

Ausiello: Let's just say there was a reason the producers decided not to have Michelle commit suicide in the season finale.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Question: Everyone's talking about Behrooz being MIA on 24 (as they should), but what about the fate of President Keeler since Air Force One was shot down? Will he recover next season or will milquetoast-in-chief Logan still be in charge?

Ausiello: According to my spies, President Keeler was actually gonna bite it in the finale, but producers had a change of heart. Not sure who'll be in the Oval Office when Season 5 starts, but I hope it's not that doofus Logan. I mean, he makes Joanne look like Ken Jennings

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Question: Any word if Tony and Michelle are gonna be back for Season 5 of 24?

Ausiello: It's kinda murky at this point, but I have it on good authority that Tochelle will have made good on their promise to quit CTU and pursue life as a boring married couple. "They're gone; they're out," says a source close to the show. "It's a real happy ending." But that's not to say Jack won't pull them back in when the going gets deadly.

Question: Got 24 scoop? I can't wait until January!

Ausiello: My CTU mole tells me two years will have passed between Seasons 4 and 5. And get this: Doofus Veep Logan will be the official president when the show returns. For some inexplicable reason, producers love that little nimrod. Meanwhile, I think it's safe to assume Keeler died on the operating table.

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
tvguide online is reporting there is talk about a possible 24 movie. Dont know how they will adapt the real time aspect of the show -- either that or it will be one longggggg movie. :wink:

Guest_CanBeOnlyOne_*

Guest_CanBeOnlyOne_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Lauren)
tvguide online is reporting there is talk about a possible 24 movie.  Dont know how they will adapt the real time aspect of the show -- either that or it will be one longggggg movie. :wink:

As much as I LOVE this show, I've only been able to watch 1 season (about 18 hours without commercials) in a sitting. I think I would have some serious numb-butt after 24 hours. laugh.gif

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,417 posts
This is your home for all the rumor and media hype leading up to the beginning of Day Six in January, 2007.

Fuskie
Who wonders how much time will have passed and what condition Jack Bauer will be in after his Chinese vacation...

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Kiefer Sutherland

Question: Any news on the sixth season of 24? — Jordan

Ausiello: As a matter of fact, yes — and it's huge! The show may head to the Big Apple next season. The real Big Apple, not some lame New York-looking studio backlot in Los Angeles. "We are in converations about shooting some stuff in New York for this [coming] season," exec producer Joel Surnow tells me. If a deal can be worked out, this would be the first time in the show's five-year history that it went on location outside of California. Surnow also hints that there's a decent chance Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart will be back as the disgraced first family. "We love them," he says. "They're alive. We certainly want to try to bring them both back, because they were just such fabulous characters for us." For exclusive scoop on the in-the-works 24 feature film, pick up the June 26 issue of TV Guide magazine, on sale next Thursday. (It's juicy stuff, kids.)

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,417 posts
More unsubstantiated rumors. Regina King may take on a role, as well as a young JFK type VP or presidential candidate (maybe John Tenny from The Closer). Chloe will be back, as will Curtis and Audrey Raines. It might be wishful thinking that William DeVane will be back, possibly as a presidential candidate. China may have nothing to do with the storyline. Apparently 24 and LOST producers whipped up a joke last April that Jack would be cast off the Chinese boat and wash up on the LOST island. We might also see Connie Britton (Diane Huxley) again. Shooting is scheduled to begin in July.

Fuskie
Who has no idea if any of this is true or not but will be interested to see what comes to pass next season...

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Kiefer: Next 24 Hours Are "Slightly Different"

Speaking of Emmy nominees, Kiefer Sutherland tells London's The Observer that Season 6 of 24 "will take a slightly different turn" as Jack Bauer faces his next very bad day. "We've had five years of him saving a large thing; this [season] is much more about him saving his own ass," says the actor. "He’ll go from being the one who hunts people down to the one who's being hunted" — and still, amazingly, never make time for a bite of a panini or even a quick trip to see a man about a horse.
Posted by Matt Mitovich 07/7/2006 10:13 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, AUSIELLO REPORT

OMG! It's an Emmy Catastrophe!

Wasn't this supposed to be the year that Emmy, with those much-ballyhooed new voting rules in place, finally got it right? 'Cause when I look at this year's list of nominees, all I see is one wrong after another. In addition to the requisite Lauren Graham snub, Emmy overlooked Lost, My Name is Earl, Battlestar Galactica, The Shield, Entourage, Everybody Hates Chris, Jason Lee, Hugh Laurie, James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Marcia Cross, Kristen Bell, Michael Chiklis, Forest Whitaker, the entire cast of Scrubs, and the list goes on...

There were some bright spots, namely the inclusion of Scrubs for best comedy, Denis Leary for best dramatic actor, Lisa Kudrow for best comedy actress, 24's Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart for supporting actor and actress in a drama and Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson for best supporting drama actress.

But overall, the negatives far outweigh the positives here. Nothing against Stockard Channing, but WTF? Ditto Kevin James, Martin Sheen and — and my pick for this year's funniest (unintentionally so) nod — glorified Desperate Housewives extra Alfre Woodard.

A list of the major nominees is below. Read 'em and weep. In the meantime, I'm going to see about opening that Tasti D-Lite store.

Outstanding Comedy Series

Arrested Development • FOX • Imagine Television and
The Hurwitz Company in association with 20th Century
Fox Television
Producers TBA

Curb Your Enthusiasm • HBO • HBO Entertainment
Producers TBA

The Office • NBC • Deedle Dee Productions, Reveille, LLC
in association with NBC Universal Television Studios
Producers TBA

Scrubs • NBC • Touchstone Television
Producers TBA