Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ART VAN DELAY

Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey

26 posts in this topic

201248__grey_l.jpg

Entertainment Weekly 2005 Worst of TV list.

14123__1.gifMeredith Grey

ABC's Grey's Anatomy is a fun, frothy medical drama with the most annoying, self-involved heroine since Ally McBeal. Girly doc Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) can turn any patient's problem into a commentary on her failed love affair with surgeon Derek (Patrick Dempsey). Even more cloying is the self-pitying narration

A little more stuff on Ellen:

Ellen Pompeo made her major studio screen debut in Brad Silberling's Moonlight Mile, starring alongside Susan Sarandon, Dustin Hoffman and Jake Gyllenhaal. She received outstanding reviews for her portrayal of an outspoken young woman carrying a silent burden that's breaking her heart.

A native of Boston, Pompeo was most recently seen starring opposite Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell in the wildly successful Old School and, before that, in Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can, opposite Leonardo DiCaprio.

Prior to Moonlight Mile, Pompeo starred in several independent features, including In the Weeds and Coming Soon, and she can also be seen in the upcoming Glory Days.

I am!!! Least likeable character on the show, imo. Producers made a dumb decision naming the show after her... now they can never get rid of Grey. :angry:

Ok I just started watching this season, and really like the show, but I have to ask why does everyone not like Grey? I kno wher sleeping with George was stupid, but besides that why dont you guys like her? Just curious! :)

Its not that we dont like her....we just like to not like her...or the decisions that she makes...if that makes sense.... :blink:

Like the new guy....the vet doctor....im sure she is going to mess that up too.... :( I hope at least he isnt married...but I know there is suppose to be a gay character in the show so maybe he is it....dont know though

Meredith has just made it very hard to pity her. Even with ther parental situation, shes made it hard

Well I havent really pittied her, I know she has made some wrong/bad choices and I guess I can see where that would make some people love to hate her lol. But I still like the character and hope she gets to have some fun with the vet!! But like blah said she will probably mess it up - but isnt that the point she is supposed to get Mcdreamy back, I actually pitty him abit (lol I know that will get some comments) but his marriage is sad, and addison is IMO boring!

see, thats where we differ, and the fact that i LOVE Addison, makes my annoyance with meredith worse.

And im not into the whole Meredith/McDreamy long drawn out will they or wont they scenerio.

They arent Ross and Rachel. Noone will ever be! (And honestly, i cant go through 9 years of that again)

see, thats where we differ, and the fact that i LOVE Addison, makes my annoyance with meredith worse.

And im not into the whole Meredith/McDreamy long drawn out will they or wont they scenerio.

They arent Ross and Rachel. Noone will ever be! (And honestly, i cant go through 9 years of that again)

Well maybe its just that I just started watching, my friend just bought the 1st season so I will have to watch it all and see if my opinion changes

Ok I definitley agree they are not Ross and Rachel, as you said no one ever could be!! oh you made me sad I miss that show!

OK new question why do you love Addision? I know since I started watching she really hasnt been on too much, I think I really need to see the first season!!

Blackcat it might be the first season you're missing. Cause I thought the reason I didn't like her is that I watched the whole Season I back to back to back and then we got some downloaded dvd of this season up to the "After Superbowl" eppy... and I thought it was just too much at one time. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is annoyed by her.

For me, it's not necessarily that she got with and fell in love with McDreamy, she had no idea he was married after all. I think it's a few things. 1) I really like Addison, 2) what she makes George go through 3) The humiliating George while they were "making love"... come on if/when we girls get drunk and sleep with our best friend, we don't cry in the middle of it WE CRY AFTER WE'RE SOBER :P and then call our girlfriends and figure out how to avoid him/dump him as gently as possible and then things will never be the same... NOT that I've ever been through this ;) 4) I want McDreamy for myself, if his wife doesn't keep him! LOL

OK new question why do you love Addision? I know since I started watching she really hasnt been on too much, I think I really need to see the first season!!

Well, she may have cheated on her husband, but weve learned it was a two way street. He wasnt giving her attention and love or whatever. But besides that, Addison as much as i can remember, has been really nice, not a bitch, and she really was truly sorry, and wanted to make her marriage work, and she stuck around, especially after months and months of derrick treating her like shit, AND with meredith in the picture. Addison gave derrick a chance to get out, but HE didnt sogn the divorce papers, then still ignors her . . . .

Well, in answer to blackcat's question, not everybody hates Meredith. I happen to like her verra much. And I am still rooting for her and McDreamy to get backtogether when he dumps that skank Addison! As for George, he should get over it -- he should have known better.

I agree too, I want her with McDreamy, and the George thing, yeah he does need ot get over it, I really love the character, but I hate how mopey he is now

why does mcdreamy need someone like meredith?? she sucks .. lol

why does mcdreamy need someone like meredith?? she sucks .. lol

lol well he might like that

thats true, they both suck .. lol

lol, yeah I guess they do.

I dont know what it is about Addison, she just bugs me, I dont find her very friendly or loveable. And I understand about the two way street with her cheating on him, but again, just because your having problems does not forgive you for going out and cheating. Hmmm I will definitley have to watch the first season to and see if my opinions change!

Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey

Source

greys_ockenfels2.jpg

Ellen Pompeo made her major studio screen debut in Brad Silberling's Moonlight Mile, starring alongside Susan Sarandon, Dustin Hoffman and Jake Gyllenhaal. She received outstanding reviews for her portrayal of an outspoken young woman carrying a silent burden that's breaking her heart.

A native of Boston, Pompeo was most recently seen starring opposite Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell in the wildly successful Old School and, before that, in Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can, opposite Leonardo DiCaprio.

Prior to Moonlight Mile, Pompeo starred in several independent features, including In the Weeds and Coming Soon, and she can also be seen in the upcoming Glory Days.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0690186/

Pompeo Frustrated By Grey's Anatomy Scripts

World Entertainment News Network

Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is frustrated by the way her character in the show is written and finds it a struggle to shoot her scenes.

The star, who plays Dr Meredith Grey, is discouraged because she has no input into her character's storyline.

She explains, "I just show up and say my lines. There's no collaboration on the characters and the writing."

"This is a 9-to-5 job. I have to show up and say what they write."

"Something I say a lot is, 'Why does she keep making these stupid mistakes? She's smart enough to make it through medical school, but she can't figure out that she shouldn't be sleeping with strangers.'"

"My biggest fear about doing a series television show is that I would be bored. But at the same time, there are episodes where I struggle with the choices that Meredith makes."

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes shes speaking but her mouth isnt moving. Almost as if they recorded her voice and added it? How could they overlook that so many times.