Sign in to follow this  
TV_Paige

CBS 'Races' To Sunday Next Fall

variety_logo100x24.jpg

CBS 'Races' To Sunday Next Fall

by Denise Martin

AR9_hay.jpg

'The Amazing Race'

With the axing of its longrunning Sunday movie franchise, CBS is coming after the night in a big way, arming it with established heavy hitters, "Without a Trace" and "The Amazing Race." The decision to drop the movie franchise had been anticipated since late last year and confirmed earlier this week.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, May 17, from the CBS offices in New York, CBS Corporporation Pesident and CEO Leslie Moonves said he expects the newly stocked Sunday night would provide an overall ratings boost to the network.

The network's fall line-up includes just three new dramas and one comedy. "Shark," "Smith" and "Jericho" made the cut on the drama front, while "The Class" will serve as CBS's sole effort in comedy.

AR9_clue.jpg

'The Amazing Race'

Moving out of its regular Wednesday night time slot, CBS has slated "The Amazing Race" for the 8 p.m. time slot on Sunday while "Without A Trace" will hold down the 10 p.m. hour. The changes make for a night produced entirely by Jerry Bruckheimer with the obvious exception of "60 Minutes" at 7 p.m.

The relocation of "Without A Trace" also shakes up Thursday night, which will introduce the Brian Grazer-produced courtroom drama, "Shark" in "Without A Trace's" prior 10 p.m. time slot. "Survivor" and "C.S.I." will remain on their regular schedule of 8 and 9 p.m.

"Jericho," the apocalyptic drama from Jon Turteltraub and starring Skeet Ulrich, is slated for Wednesday nights at 8 p.m., replacing "The Amazing Race" and leading into procedural mainstays, "Criminal Minds" and "CSI: NY."

ahh I just read this somewhere else.

I wish it would quit moving, but I will follow it where ever it goes so works for me:)

Glad it isnt in the 9-10 so it doesn't compete with DH

Guest QW
YIKES your right I forgot its SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL this year....I've DVR'd TAR all this season so I guess I'll be doing it again in the fall, but at least with TAR on Sundays it will be nicer FOR THE KIDS! :P

Whenever the Race is on, I'll be watching. It is by far my most fav show. Love it! (and Phil, too!!)

'Amazing Race' moves to new night, time

By BETH HARRIS, Associated Press Writer Sat Jul 15, 9:40 PM ET

PASADENA, Calif. - An Indian-American husband and wife, a gay couple and two Muslim friends are among the 12 teams that will compete in "The Amazing Race" this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

The three-time Emmy-winning reality show is moving to Sunday nights at 8 p.m. on CBS. Its 10th season will start in Seattle, with the teams traveling westward for the first time and stopping in China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Kuwait and Madagascar, among other countries.

They will travel more than 40,000 miles in under 30 days in pursuit of the $1 million prize.

"This cast is as different as it's ever been," executive producer Bertram van Munster told the Television Critics Association's summer meeting. "It's meltdown city on this trip."

Van Munster said the language barrier made traveling difficult for the teams, along with 130-degree heat in Kuwait and filming in Communist countries. In Vietnam, the government insisted on viewing daily footage but didn't request any changes or cuts.

"The show worldwide is extremely popular and that has helped us," he said.

The teams announced Saturday are:

It will be late half the time, especially when CBS has the double header afternoon game. It often doesn't end on time and everything is moved back. "Without a Trace" fans will be staying up until 11:30. Those of you taping AR may want to adjust accordingly.

Dear CBS,

Don't put Amazing Race on Sundays next fall. <_<<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

It's ridiculous how late all of the episodes have been.