The Forum View

The Forum View has been changed on all forums.

Before, some of the forums only showed the active threads for the last 30 days. Now, every thread is visible.

Some forums where/will be given a touch up clean.

Thanks

Jem and Angelo Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Morty...There seems to be some glitches in the new format. I've been getting a number of popups...especially when I click on one of the smilies when posting a reply to a thread. Also when I visit your home page. I know that sounds weird but thats whats happening. I didn't have this problem until you did the upgrade. I've done a virus check and ran Ad-Aware too. Came up with nothing on my system. I only get them when I'm here.

Any suggestions??

Morty...There seems to be some glitches in the new format. I've been getting a number of popups...especially when I click on one of the smilies when posting a reply to a thread. Also when I visit your home page. I know that sounds weird but thats whats happening. I didn't have this problem until you did the upgrade. I've done a virus check and ran Ad-Aware too. Came up with nothing on my system. I only get them when I'm here.

Any suggestions??

You mean ad pop-ups? Nope, I don't use them. We use pops to tell you there's a PM waiting, who's in chat, and lots of other stuff, but no ads. The only ads in the forums are the banners at the top of the main page and I've turned down dozen of ads that I thought were deceptive. If you get an ad pop-up on either of my sites you've got adware or something like it on your machine.

On my personal PC I use Avast Anti-virus protection and Windows Defender Beta 2 from Microsoft. This combo seems to keep my computer clean, and both programs are free.

You mean ad pop-ups? Nope, I don't use them. We use pops to tell you there's a PM waiting, who's in chat, and lots of other stuff, but no ads. The only ads in the forums are the banners at the top of the main page and I've turned down dozen of ads that I thought were deceptive. If you get an ad pop-up on either of my sites you've got adware or something like it on your machine.

On my personal PC I use Avast Anti-virus protection and Windows Defender Beta 2 from Microsoft. This combo seems to keep my computer clean, and both programs are free.

OK Morty...I installed Windows Defender Beta 2 and found 22 little data miners very well hidden in a new download of a new Google desktop search program! And I thought Google was safe! :angry:

I have AVG Virus protection by Grisoft and also Norton. And I have Zone Alarm Firewall. Now HOW did all those little data miners get past all those programs? Unless it came bundled with the Google desktop search program....which by the way...was NOT advertised as part of the deal!!

So watch out people. When you download a new program...even one thats supposed to be safe...be sure it doesn't contain some little surprises in it for you. I was getting literally dozens of ad pop-ups everytime I came here. I don't know why it attached itself to my Mortys homepage...but it did.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Windows Defender Morty. Looks like it will be a good program to have! And its free....YAY!!

Archived