Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Battlestar Galactica

kayo   

Holy Toaster! Ellen Tigh is the 5th Cylon-Never saw that coming! All in all, a verydepressing episode- Admiral Adama drinking and blubbering like a drunken fool, President Roslin blubbering like a baby and burning her spiritual guide book, and, the biggest shocker- Dualla shooting herself in the head :shocking:. Say it aint so!

I have mixed emotions about the season premiere. I thought the episode definitely picked up speed whenever they were on Earth and lost its momentum when we were returned to the gloomy goings-on inside the ship. I hated the Roslin and Adama break-down scenes and was really disappointed that they killed off Dualla in such a depressingly horrible way, but I loved all the reveals on the planet. It looks as if the five final cylons were members of the 13th colony (a different breed of cylons NOT humans!) that lived on earth before an early holocaust destroyed their "race". Cool.

I LOVED the Ellen Tigh reveal at the end, but what the....what IS Kara? My hunch is that she is also a member of this different breed of cylons and that they don't need a resurrection hub to regenerate, but I don't think we'll be privy to HOW they regenerate until Ellen returns on the scene. Only then will we be able to figure out what happened to Kara. I mean, who says there are only a "final five" anyway? This is all just a guess, of course. Could she still be Anders wife from when he lived on earth- the one he remembered singing to?

So Ellens the fifth?..Holy frack!! I thought it was going to be Dee but then she just blew herself away..but I can see why it would be Ellen it makes some sense.wow!!!!!I have to say I love the dark tone to the episode,I mean to have such high hopes for Earth and its dashed like that.Also the FF all had memories of living on Earth yet I didnt see familiar cylons in Cheifs flash back. they were all different people .It's clear they are so different from the other cylons.And they found remains of cylons that were unfamiliar to them,and they made up the 13th colony?More questions then answers there,also what is up with Starbuck...what is she really?I mean when she discovered her corpse it wasnt there to long and when she went back her viper was prime condition and new?I wonder was she some how downloaded and a new viper was created,or did she fly into a wormhole in time?Also Leoben was genuinely afraid of her,the hybrid said she was the harbinger of death but there seems to be more there.There must be a puppet master pulling the strings on all of them perhaps? while I loved the episode it is just doing my frackin head in trying to figure it all out,I cant wait to see where this all leads I am glad its back on even though we only have 9 more episodes to go.

kayo   

Wow, talk about sinking the show down even further into the abyss of darkness. Another one of my favorite characters bites the dust- not literally, like Dualla, but Gaeta has been turned into a crummy little cronie for the evil VP- WHAT THE FRACK?! All I know is, if the writers even think about messing with my favorite BSG character (Helo) I'm done. Fini. Kaput.

One thing I did think was well-done in the previous episode. -

It took Baltar all of a few seconds to throw a hissy fit and turn on God when things didn't go like he'd envisioned they would. The writers did an excellent job of portraying this scene as a kind of "metaphor" for the whole human race. Nicely done. God in a box, everyone's happy. God doesn't fit in our box, we're ready to crucify Him all over again.

Final observation- Seeing Commander Adama in bed with a bald, cancer-stricken President Roslin was not a pretty picture. It's too late now but next time, please leave it to our imagination, writers. Please.

Final observation- Seeing Commander Adama in bed with a bald, cancer-stricken President Roslin was not a pretty picture. It's too late now but next time, please leave it to our imagination, writers. Please.

:animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl: yes...it was rather cringworthy!

kayo   

Just when I thought BSG was losing its footing... :o

Zarek has the entire Quorum killed!!

Adama Sr., Adama Jr., Tigh, Tyrol and Starbuck team up to take down the mutineers- woo hoo!

Romo Lampkin makes an appearance and kicks butt...and with a pen, no less!

Zarek and Gaeta face the firing squad originally intended for Adama- how poetic.

I still feel a bit sad about the way the writers flipped Gaeta over to the dark side so quickly, but Baltar's conversation with him spoke volumes and gave me a bit more understanding.

All in all, an excellent episode-well done, writers.

sonoerin   

What! Three shows left? I can't believe we don't have some major discussions going on in here! It's not even over yet and I'm going through withdrawal :animated_shocking:

I'm lovin' these final original epis. Boomer runs off with Hera! Kara has a flashback! Roslyn collapses after some sort of psycic link thingie with Hera!

Holy Frack :popcorn2:

kayo   

I'm definitely liking the Kara storyline the most and am REALLY interested to find out exact what/who she is! Loved the scenes with the "invisible" piano player- was that supposed to be a representation of her dad? That's what I got out of it anyway. I HATED Boomer's little double-cross...and for Cavill?? Has she looked at him lately? Anyway, I hope it ends well for Helo, Athena and Hera...I don't think I could stand it if it didn't!

My one gripe is that I really dislike Admiral Adama's crying and drinking jags- maybe it's because I think the acting during those scenes seems a little overwrought. So quit making him cry, will ya, writers? Unfortunately, the preview for next week looks like he'll be at it again though. Bummer.

President Roslin's collapse after saying, "Hera"... :animated_scratchchin: Looks like there may be something to all those dream sequences after all!

sonoerin   
I'm definitely liking the Kara storyline the most and am REALLY interested to find out exact what/who she is! Loved the scenes with the "invisible" piano player- was that supposed to be a representation of her dad? That's what I got out of it anyway

Oh Yeah! That was definitely Dear Old Dad. But how in the name of the "Gods" did he know, and then teach to little Kara, "All along the watchtower"? That's the song that united the final 5, so was Dad cylon? What DOES that make Kara? I just have to know what the frack she is.

I HATED Boomer's little double-cross...and for Cavill?? Has she looked at him lately? Anyway, I hope it ends well for Helo, Athena and Hera...I don't think I could stand it if it didn't!

ITA! And what the heck was that all about with the play time with Helo? OMG! Why couldn't he tell that she wasn't Athena?

My one gripe is that I really dislike Admiral Adama's crying and drinking jags- maybe it's because I think the acting during those scenes seems a little overwrought. So quit making him cry, will ya, writers? Unfortunately, the preview for next week looks like he'll be at it again though. Bummer.

ITA Again. Edward James Olmos is way too good to go so far over the top on these scenes. I've never understood that fact.

President Roslin's collapse after saying, "Hera"... Looks like there may be something to all those dream sequences after all!

Oh Yeah! :animated_scratchchin:

I missed the last 2 epis

If you don't have them on DVR, you can watch them HERE

kayo   
I think they're all gonna die in the finale.

Wow. Now THAT would be depressing.

kayo   

Well this is it- D-Day! After tonight there will be no more Friday nights spent with Kara Thrace, Admiral Adama, President Roslin, Helo and Athena, Gaius Baltar, Chief, Colonel Tigh, Caprica, Hot Dog and the cigarette-smoking doctor. :sadwalk: Although the show had some very uneven episodes as of late, as a whole, it's been a great ride and I am going to really miss the show.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's 2-hour finale because hopefully we'll find out what Kara/Starbuck really is, why Hera is so important and whether they are able to rescue her and, finally, where the BSG crew will all end up! I hope they don't leave things hanging at the end...I hate that when show finales do that. :inquisitive:

sonoerin   

Looks like it's only a couple of us Kayo.

I likewise am going to miss this show! I think the time that has separated the seasons has hurt the overall viewership, but I've hung in there since the beginning. I love this show and the characters that have inhabited it.

I've read that the producers are going to pretty much answer all the questions with this finale. I hope so. :pray2:

I'm sure there will be some details that will be left open to our imagination, but I'm excited for tonight! :animated_bouncy:

l1zz1e   

watched it twice, didn't answer all my questions, but that could just be me

I'm linear minded and have a really hard time with anything that jumps back and forth in time

I am going through some serious withdrawls I still can't wrap my fingers around that it's all over.I loved the finale.Sure not all my questions were answered but I kind of like how it leaves thing open for interpretation.I had hoped we'd learn more about the mystery of Starbuck but in a way I am glad there is an air of mystery to her.I see her as an angel of sorts and she did fullfill her destiny she did lead them to the end of their journey.The big thing for me was the mystery of the opera house and it blew my mind that the Opera house was actually Hera's projection the whole time,it makes sense as I don't think there would be a an Opera house in the middle of space,lol but had so many wild theories on what it could be and I was way off base with that.Was also pleased to see Tory get her just deserts,I never liked her. I enjoyed the flashbacks was nice to see how they were before the attack on the colonies.Although Lee battling the pigeon still cracks me up though.It was nice to see Baltar redeemed himself I was hoping he would I always like him.And seeing him get choked up at the end when he said ''I know about farming'' was touching.Also Sam guiding the fleet into the sun playing the music from TOS was lovely and I admit it made me eyes moist.There is so much more I could go on about.It has been a great ride from the beginning and I am going to miss it.I am looking forward to seeing The Plan and will give Caprica a try.