Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Recaps from CBS.com

Courtesy of: CBS, SURVIVOR PANAMA: EXILE ISLAND

01.jpg

LUMBERJILL CUT DOWN

Tina taken out at first TC

The highly anticipated and mysterious SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND has begun, and on night three, Tina Scheer, the 45-year-old logging sports promoter/performer from Hayward, Wisconsin becomes the first casualty when she is voted out of her tribe in a unanimous 3-1 decision. Perceived as the most outspoken in her tribe, Tina meets her demise at Tribal Council when she questions others' work ethic. After seeing her torch extinguished, Tina delivers her Final Words: "I think the girls made a huge mistake voting me out. I hope they do terribly. I have no regrets. I was just with the wrong girls."

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Separated by gender and age, the Older Women, Older Men, Younger Women and Younger Men meet host Jeff Probst on Exile Island. There, he explains that each week, at least one Survivor will be banished to the Island, forced to live on their own away from their tribe until they're allowed back into the game.

REWARD CHALLENGE: SKULL CRUSH

Next, Jeff Probst explains the rules of the first Reward Challenge. The four tribes each delegate one player to participate, as they must run across the island to a pile of skulls. Next, the players must smash open the skulls on rocks until they find an amulet. The first three players to return to the starting line and present the amulet win flint for fire. The losing tribe will elect one tribe member to stay on Exile Island.

The race for the amulets begins as Terry, Austin, Ruth Marie and Danielle race to smash the skulls. Terry returns first, followed by Austin and Ruth Marie. Danielle returns empty-handed, leaving the Younger Women without flint for fire and with a dreaded decision to make. Who will be left behind on Exile Island? Misty is selected, but before the tribes leave for their beaches, reveals a secret of the Island, announcing, "Hidden somewhere on Exile Island is an Immunity Idol. Find it, and you will be safe from Tribal Council!"

QUAKING AT THE LEAVES

Upon arriving at their camp, the Older Women quickly get to work. Emerging as the tribe's leader, Tina starts the fire and begins work on the shelter. In the meantime, having never camped before, Cirie reveals an embarrassing concern: she is afraid of leaves. "I was thinking, 'Leaves are the least of your problem, honey!'" remarks an astonished Tina.

04.jpg

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

With little sunlight remaining in the day, the Younger Men play coconut baseball before realizing the need to build shelter and start a fire before sunset. Aras then brings the group together in a meditation circle, hoping to bring in some positive energy. "Aras has a lot of ideas, but some of them are kind of hair-brained, like doing meditation to get fire," explains Nick. Despite Aras's faith, the Young Men flounder as they haplessly set up their camp. "We don't have a clue what we are doing," remarks Austin

LET'S DO IT FOR THE TURTLE

At the Young Women's camp, the tribemates struggle with indecision about where to set up camp. Unable to decide and becoming increasingly annoyed, Sally complains, "I was starting to get more frustrated on the whole shelter. If you see and you like it, don't even look anymore." With little daylight remaining, Courtney finds a dead turtle lying on the beach. Feeling for the dead turtle, Courtney turns the decision into an ordeal, and all Danielle and Sally can do is roll their eyes.

WHERE THERE'S SMOKE

After the efficient Older Men start fire and set up camp, Dan and Terry find time to bond. Dan reveals that he was an astronaut, while Terry tells Dan he was a Navy pilot. The two men shake hands and agree never to lie to each other in the game.

Later, frustrations grow when Shane reveals that he is a three-pack-a-day smoker. Not having a cigarette and realizing he needs to be on his best behavior, Shane laments, "I have to get through this detox, and I can't lash out at anybody. I just can't. It is unbelievably hard, and I have only been here a day."

07.jpg

EXILE ISLAND

Alone on Exile Island, Misty toughs out the night's storm, huddling on the ground for warmth. The next day's sun brings hunger, and she digs for worms and eats them. "I am tired, hungry and really, really thirsty," she complains. Worried that she is at a disadvantage because she lives away from her tribemates, Misty hatches a plan: "When I see my tribemates at the next Immunity Challenge, I will trick them into thinking that I found the Immunity Idol"

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: 4 X 4

The four tribes meet at the Immunity Challenge area, where he explains the rules. Beginning on platforms in the ocean, the tribes must race over a wall, dive into the ocean and swim to their tribe raft. The last person over the wall dives down to unclip a rope, releasing the raft. The tribe then paddles the raft towards shore. Once the tribe latches their raft to the hitching post on shore, they race to solve a brainteaser puzzle, which releases a giant ring. The tribe has the option to dig down several feet and search to uncover an answer key to solve the puzzle. Once the ring is released, the tribe attaches it to a rope that they use to throw at a grappling hook to unfurl their tribe flag. The first three tribes to raise their flags win Immunity.

The race for Immunity begins as the Survivors plunge into the water. The Younger Women take an early lead and arrive first at the beach. The Younger Women finish first, then the Older Men. The race comes down to the Younger Men against the Older Women as both tribes struggle with the puzzle. In the end, the Younger Men successfully decipher the brainteaser, sending the Older Women to the first Tribal Council.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS

Back at camp, the Older Women have the unenviable task of deciding who is to be voted off. Isolating herself from the group, Tina wanders off in tears as the loss brings back memories of her son. "I lost my son in a car accident, and I miss him," she tearfully reveals.

As Cirie and Ruth Marie trek to the water hole, feeling vulnerable, Cirie hatches a plan to save herself: "I don't want to say I am gunning for anyone, but I am going to try to get rid of the lumberjack lady." Cirie's plan gets complicated when Tina returns to camp with a huge fish. "There are a hundred reasons to keep Tina. She is a workhorse; she caught a fish today. I do think Cirie is the weak link right now," divulges Melinda. However, in the end, compatibility overpowers capability as Cirie gets her wish at Tribal Council, where the tribe votes Tina out in a 3-1 decision.

02.jpg

SWAN SONG FOR SINGER

Melinda doesn't make it

On night six, during a heartfelt Tribal Council, Melinda Hyder, the 32-year-old singer/entertainer from Sevierville, Tennessee, is voted out of the game. After the four tribes become two, Melinda falls victim to an alliance in which her personality doesn't mesh with the others. Despite her sincere Tribal Council plea, she becomes the second person voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. As she departs Tribal Council, Melinda delivers her Final Words: "I just found myself on the tribe that's like, 'Hey man, Yo dude,' and that's just not me. It will never be me."

WEATHERING THE STORM

A storm pounds the four tribes during the night as they struggle to keep warm and dry. The Older Men's camp is nearly knocked out by lightning, while the Younger Men huddle in their shelter. "We are dying here, fellas," cries a desperate Aras while the rain continues to pound them.

As the sun breaks through the morning clouds, the mood brightens at the Younger Women's camp when Sally and Courtney find a papaya tree. As the tribe feasts on their island delicacy, Misty beams, "I am so happy I can hardly talk. We have food!"

SHANE IN PAIN

All is not fun at games, however, at the Older Men's camp, as Shane is breaking down because of the harsh elements and missing home. "I have no idea why I did this to myself. I miss my son so much, and I am thinking about all the things I am missing back home," laments a tearful Shane as he walks along the beach.

TWO TRIBES ARE BORN

The Survivors arrive to greet host Jeff Probst and are shocked to learn that the four tribes are to become two. In a schoolyard pick, one by one the two new tribes form. The new Casaya tribe consists of Danielle, Courtney, Aras, Shane, Cirie, Bobby and Melinda. The new La Mina tribe is Dan, Terry, Austin, Nick, Ruth Marie, Sally and Misty. Not being selected, Bruce is told that he is banished to Exile Island. However, there is a silver lining: he will be immune from the vote and will replace the Survivor voted out in the upcoming Tribal Council and join that tribe.

03.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: A REPTILE DYSFUNCTION

Jeff Probst explains the rules of the Reward Challenge. The two new tribes must race through an obstacle course, collecting six wooden snakes along the way. The tribes will collect two snakes at each of three stations. Each tribe must delegate one player to carry all six snakes throughout the entire course. The first tribe to cross the finish line with all their snakes wins the Reward: valuable fishing supplies.

Nick is designated snake wrangler for La Mina and Courtney for Casaya. Both tribes are neck and neck throughout the race, until, La Mina takes a slight lead after Sally unties the second snake. Casaya is not far behind, with Courtney doing an impressive job managing the weight of the snakes. Casaya closes the gap at the last station, but in the end, fortune smiles on La Mina as Terry and Dan quickly find the last two snakes buried in the pit of leaves and cross the finish line, winning the prized fishing gear for their hungry tribe.

THE NEW CASAYA

Upon arrival at their camp, the younger members of Casaya quickly begin to bond. Shane's emotional highs and lows continue, rising to a peak after the morning's valley. "I'm in a much better mood than I was this morning," he remarks. "I've always related better with younger people." But not everyone is as excited about their new tribemates. Cirie and Melinda sense a division between themselves and the tribe. Melinda laments, "If our tribe loses the coming-up Immunity Challenge, I think Cirie and I are screwed." Melinda's concern is valid, because Shane wastes little time engineering an alliance with Courtney, Danielle and Aras. Shane seals the pact, saying, "I swear to you on my son's life, it's us four."

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU

At La Mina, alliances are foremost on the minds of the tribemates. Terry is first to strike, approaching Nick and Austin with a proposition to align with him and Dan. Nick and Austin find themselves in a tug of war between the older men, Dan and Terry, and the younger women, Sally and Misty. Sally makes her plea to Austin: "We were thinking if the four of us stuck together, meaning you and Nick, we'd have the numbers." Ultimately, the decision goes unmade as Austin reveals, "We are definitely in the middle of a tug of war. It lets me know that this is not all fun and games. This is serious, and somebody is going to get hurt."

BRUCE BANISHED

Alone on Exile Island, Bruce finds the clue for the Immunity idol: it is above the tide line. Along with the clue is a map that excludes a section of the island where the idol is not hidden. With the day waning, Bruce opts to delay looking for the idol, instead setting his priorities on making fire. Several attempts and a broken flint later, Bruce is without fire for warmth, has no way of boiling water to drink and no shelter to protect him from the impending storm. As night closes in, so too does the storm, leaving the exposed Exile in misery.

08.jpg

SALLY'S LOST SPEAR

Not having eaten in days, La Mina tribemates are anxious to see their reward in action. After some brief spear-tutelage from Terry, Sally sets out with Nick to try her luck. Sally's first attempt to use the spear proves disastrous when she neglects to hold onto the handle, losing the precious Hawaiian sling in the dark abyss. After several unsuccessful attempts to recover the spear, Sally paddles back to camp and shares the bad news with her tribe. No one is more disappointed than Terry, who laments, "I have no question in mind that we would be eating tons of fish right now if we had that spear."

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: ANCHOR MANAGEMENT

The tribes reconvene with Jeff Probst at the Immunity Challenge, where he explains the rules of the game. The two tribes must work together to transport a giant zombie head from the ocean to the beach. Each tribe has a boat anchored to the ocean floor with a large wooden box. In addition, each boat has six holes filled with rubber plugs. Five tribe members have to pull out the plugs and begin bailing water out of the boat while the other two tribe members jump into the water and start moving the boat by pulling the anchor towards shore. Once the boat is clipped onto the hitching post, it's a race up the beach to put the anchor on the finish mat. The first tribe to put the zombie head on the zombie body wins Immunity.

Both tribes struggle until Terry dives deep in the water to drag the anchor across the ocean's sandy floor. Terry's Herculean effort helps La Mina take a huge lead, while Casaya continues haplessly. La Mina never relinquishes their lead, and Nick hoists Ruth Marie onto his shoulders as she places the zombie head on the body, thus securing Immunity and sending the battered Casaya tribe to that night's Tribal Council.

10.jpg

FLIP-FLOP

After returning to camp from their demoralizing defeat, Casaya realize that one of their own will be sent packing that night. Shane, feeling the pressure of the game, missing his son, and going through cigarette withdrawal, pleads with his tribemates to vote him off. To the dismay of some and relief of others, it seems that Shane will be going home at Tribal Council. But after a discussion with Aras, the mercurial Shane has a surprising reversal: he doesn't want to go home. In the aftermath of Shane's wavering, the focus shifts to Cirie and Melinda, and the Casaya alliance is exposed when Shane brazenly reveals, "There's been an arrangement obviously made. I don't care which one of you goes. Whoever doesn't go now is going next."

The newly formed Casaya alliance prevails, voting out Melinda in a 5-2 decision, making her the second castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. Before returning to camp, Bruce is given his purple buff and joins the Casaya tribe, replacing the distraught Melinda.

Source - CBS.com

MATTER OVER MIND

La Mina men vote out Misty Giles

In La Mina's first Tribal Council, Misty Giles, the 24-year-old engineer from Dallas, Texas, is voted out 5-2 and becomes the third castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. Intimidating intelligence and a lackluster performance in the Immunity Challenge seals Misty's fate with the male-dominated tribe, which sends her packing. Blindsided by the vote, Misty admits, "Tonight definitely was a shock to me. I didn't see it coming for sure."

02.jpg

Don't mess with his thinking chair!

FOLLOW THE LEADER

Returning from an emotional tribal council in which Melinda Hyder is voted out of the game, Casaya welcomes Bruce as Melinda's replacement. Casaya, with no fire to boil their unpotable water and desperate for hydration, turns to Bruce. Citing his years as a backpacking instructor, Bruce devises a system of layered tee shirts to filter the contaminated water. Skeptical of his filtration system, Courtney admits, "I have to tell you, I've also worked in wilderness, and I'm shocked and awed that this method actually gets bacteria out of the water."

CATCH OF THE DAY

Hungry and depleted, La Mina is desperate for food. Taking to the sea with hook and line, the tribemates are frustrated when all they catch are poisonous puffer fish. Their luck changes, though, when Terry returns to camp with one small, edible fish. After roasting the fish over a fire, spirits are up as the tribe devours the valuable protein source. "There was a lot of meat on that little guy, or maybe it just felt like a lot because we haven't had meat in so long. If we can catch a couple more of those every day, that would just be unbelievable," grins an elated Sally.

REWARD CHALLENGE: CROSS FIRE

Host Jeff Probst welcomes the tribes to the Challenge location, where he explains the rules of the game. Using a giant slingshot, three tribe members will be the launchers, while the other four will stand on a balance beam over the water. One tribe member will launch a ball to the other four, who must catch it before it hits the water. The first tribe to catch five balls wins the Reward.

05.jpg

The action begins as Misty launches a perfect strike to sure-handed Terry, while Bobby's first attempt falls just short of Aras' outstretched arms, giving La Mina an early lead. In the next rounds, Casaya evens the score at 3-3 when Shane makes an incredible diving catch, while Dan's attempt sails over the heads of his La Mina tribemates. Tied at 4-4, Misty launches a low, hard shot for La Mina into the dependable grip of Terry, securing the tribes victory. La Mina wins not only the Reward, but also the power to choose who goes to Exile Island. They quickly send Casaya morale-booster Bruce into exile for the second straight time.

FORTIFIED FORT

Rewarded with a kerosene lantern, water canisters, blankets, pillows, rope and a tarp, La Mina wastes no time putting the spoils of victory to good use. Using the tarp to fortify the roof of their shelter, Dan couldn't be happier with the fit. "Fortunately, the shelter was designed for a tarp, so it went up and over pretty easily. We have a nice, domed interior as opposed to a slumping interior, so there's lots of space inside."

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS

Low on energy and missing his tribe, Bruce feels the merciless wrath of Exile Island. With nowhere to hide from the elemental onslaught, Bruce trembles, soaked by the heavy rain. "I wasn't even with the Casaya tribe for 24 hours, and then I was sent to Exile Island for the second time. It seems like every night is miserable here."

NUTBALLS

After losing both the Reward Challenge and Bruce to Exile Island, Casaya's morale is bottoming out. The alliance of Shane, Courtney, Danielle and Aras shows signs of internal strife when Courtney and Shane's petty bickering and emotional outbursts spiral out of control, inspiring Aras to lament, "I'm in an alliance with three nutballs at this point."

RUBDOWN

The politics at La Mina continue to fall along gender lines as Misty and Sally ply their feminine powers of persuasion with Austin and Nick. Misty has the magic touch, giving both men shoulder massages, stroking not only their muscles, but perhaps their allegiance as well. Misty is frank: "I would flirt to help get ahead. I didn't come out here to sit on my rump. I came out here to have a good time and play the game."

07.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: BATTLE DIG

Arriving for the Immunity Challenge, the tribes meet Jeff Probst. Bruce, returning from his second stint on Exile Island, rejoins Casaya before Jeff explains the rules of the Challenge. Each team will compete in varying match-ups, racing head to head to five circles in the sand. Buried within each circle is a bag. The tribes must dig and find the bag, and then get back to the finish mat. To score, there must be at least one hand on the bag while any part of the body touches the finish mat. First tribe to score three wins Immunity.

Adrenaline is high as Casaya scores first when Cirie and Danielle, going head to head against Misty and Sally, prove a powerful combination, wrestling and pulling their way to the early point. Not to be outdone, La Mina exploits a size mismatch when Nick overpowers and outruns Bruce, evening the score at one point each. The next point also goes La Mina's way when Austin wins a tough battle with Shane by wrestling him and the bag within reach of La Mina's finish mat. Casaya pulls even when yoga instructor Aras uses a pressure point to force Nick to relinquish the bag, then sprints to the finish mat. With Immunity hanging in the balance and Ruth Marie striding toward the finish mat with the last bag in hand, it seems as though La Mina will reign supreme. Suddenly, just steps from the mat, Bobby grabs Ruth Marie and pulls her to the Casaya mat, giving them the victory and Immunity.

THE BOYS CLUB

After experiencing their first defeat, La Mina faces a difficult decision about who to send home at that evening's Tribal Council. The male alliance is in the driver's seat, with Misty and Ruth Marie on the chopping block. Terry is adamant that Misty should go--"She's an engineer. She's smart as hell, and she could cause some trouble"--while Sally petitions Austin and Nick for Ruth Marie's dismissal. With the sun setting and the important decision to be made, Austin recognizes the gravity of his position: "I have the makings right now to get all the way to where I want to be in this game because of the way that I am aligned."

In the end, Sally's plea falls on deaf ears, and the solidity of the male alliance is concrete. La Mina decides Misty's intelligence is too great a threat, and they choose to eliminate her in a 5-2 decision. Misty becomes the third castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

01.jpg

BACKSTABBED!

Ruth Marie Run Off

Going to their second straight Tribal Council, La Mina's male alliance flexes their muscles by voting out Ruth Marie Milliman, the 48-year-old director of retail leasing from Greenville, South Carolina. Ruth Marie's diminutive stature and unimpressive challenge performance are cited as weaknesses, but no one denies her loyalty. With her freshly extinguished torch still smoking, Ruth Marie remains positive until the end: "I'm not upset about their decision. It's a game, it's fun, there's lots of twists and turns."

ODD WOMAN OUT

On the heels of a Tribal Council in which a male-dominated vote cast out Misty, Sally questions her own standing with La Mina. "Last night we went to Tribal Council, and Misty was voted out. The guys had said the vote was going to be for Ruth Marie, so it seems I am the odd woman out." Sally determines to work hard, hoping to prove she's valuable to the men.

FIFTH WHEEL

While Sally bemoans her rank in camp, Ruth Marie couldn't be happier with her tribe. Anticipating a merge, the male alliance recognizes the need for a fifth person in their pact and clandestinely offers the position to Ruth Marie. Dan intones, "I don't think Sally feels like a part of this team, and I think when a merge comes, she will drop us like a stone. But with Ruth Marie, I think she'll stay with that group of five all the way to the end."

DISSENT AT CASAYA

At Casaya, Bruce, Shane and Aras scour the rocky shoreline, gathering snails for the tribe's breakfast. Returning to camp with their bounty, the three men are stunned to discover the fire has died and some tribemates are still sleeping. When Aras openly questions the work ethic of the tribe, no one is more defensive than Courtney, who sneers, "Honestly, that kills me to hear that, because I'm constantly working." Annoyed, Aras admits, "If I had my druthers, I wouldn't be in an alliance with Courtney. I would almost lose it on purpose to get Courtney voted off."

The dissension in the tribe is especially palpable to Cirie, who, biding her time until the alliance of four crumbles, admits, "My strategy right now is to continue like I've been working and stay out of the drama."

REWARD CHALLENGE: PUZZLE PARANOIA

The tribes reconvene at the Reward Challenge, where host Jeff Probst explains the rules. Each tribe gets six floating puzzle pieces. One tribe member at a time will swim out, dive down, unclip a puzzle piece, and bring it back to the puzzle frame. Once the piece is placed in the puzzle frame, the next person can go out. When all six of the puzzle pieces have been collected, the tribe may start assembling the puzzle by matching corresponding symbols on each side of every piece. First tribe to get it together correctly wins the Reward: Casa de Charmin: a full-service bathroom courtesy of Charmin.

The competition gets underway as Sally and Bobby dive in for their puzzle pieces. Sally's speed in getting the first puzzle piece and her superior strategy helps La Mina to an early lead. After a few heats, Casaya closes the gap when diminutive Ruth Marie struggles to pull her puzzle piece into the frame. Neck and neck with all six puzzle pieces in the frame, the two tribes scramble to assemble their puzzles using two different strategies: Casaya works quickly and quietly, while La Mina is fraught with confusion. In the end, Casaya's cooler heads prevail, gaining them victory and its Reward. With the power to choose an Exile, Casaya selects Terry, hoping a stint on the dreaded outpost will deplete La Mina's fierce leader.

LA MINA LACKS MANAGEMENT

Choking on a bitter defeat, La Mina returns to camp in disarray. With morale down and Terry in exile, the tribe is struggling without clear leadership. Austin laments, "With Terry not being here, you just don't have that person who just seems like they're completely in charge."

CASA CHRISTENED

At Casaya, the tribe is overjoyed when they return to find Casa de Charmin, a fully functioning bathroom and shower. As the tribe commiserates in the rain, Aras suggests they store firewood and towels in the covered bathroom to keep them dry. While Casaya contemplates the spoils of their victory, Bobby threatens to spoil their Reward. Despite his tribemates' objections, Bobby christens the Casa when nature calls. Danielle moans, "Bobby just frustrates me all day. He's not a gentleman. I can't stand the fact that he's not a gentleman. I just can't stand people like that."

With Terry on Exile Island, Shane revels in the fortunate turn the game has taken: "We've got 'em right where we want 'em. You know? Which is: their leader hurt and the rest of the tribe underfed. Terry's in hell."

IDOL THOUGHTS

With four clues uncovered, Terry wastes no time searching high and low for the hidden Immunity Idol. After trekking the expanse of the island, his search takes him back to where it all started: a clearing high on Exile Island. Pondering the "why" in the very first clue, Terry spots a Y-shaped tree at the edge of the clearing. Using his machete as a shovel, Terry digs deep into the muddy earth until he finally hits something solid. Unearthing a mud-caked wooden crate, Terry hastily pries open the box to reveal the coveted Immunity Idol, which will keep him safe from the vote through the Final Four!

SHANE CONFRONTS DANIELLE

As dawn breaks, Casaya's bonfire is out yet again. Hoping that moving the fire pit closer to their shelter will help them sustain the flame, the tribe gets to work. The fire may be extinguished, but sparks fly when Shane confronts Danielle about what he sees as her poor work ethic. Danielle goes on the attack, calling Shane and everyone else into question. No one is more pleased with the disagreement than Cirie: "The Danielle-Shane and Courtney-Aras foursome is like some psychotic joke. And it seems to be unraveling little by little."

LA MINA FLOUNDERS

After 11 days, La Mina has had very little to eat. With sole provider Terry stranded on Exile Island, the tribe is floundering. Nick laments, "We really suck at fishing. We're catching no fish. We haven't eaten. I figure we've got about three more days before the entire tribe can't get out of bed." Concerned that their lack of sustenance will result in a weak performance at the Immunity Challenge, Sally feels the pressure more than anyone. "It's just so frustrating, because it's my butt on the line. And if we lose another Immunity Challenge, I'm going home."

07.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: SEA LEVEL TREE LEVEL

The two tribes make their way to the Immunity Challenge location, where Terry is reunited with his hungry La Mina tribemates. Host Jeff Probst explains that the Challenge will test the tribes' balance, teamwork and patience. One person is seated in a chair attached to a pulley, while another person is situated directly above them in a crow's nest, where an empty water drum hangs. The other four remaining tribe members are together in pairs, which will race across a balance beam carrying buckets. Once they reach the water, they must dip their bucket in, get water, race back and empty the water into a larger pail. The person in the crow's nest will pull that pail up and empty the water into the drum. As the drum takes on water, it will lower, but the person in the chair will rise until they're high enough to pull a pin releasing their tribe's flag. First tribe to release their flag wins Immunity.

With Danielle in the seat for Casaya and Ruth Marie in the seat for La Mina, the two tribes are in a dead heat until Dan, bound to Terry, falls off the balance beam, forcing him to start again from the beginning. Casaya is steady, but the swift combination of Sally and Austin make up the difference, forcing an even race to the finish. La Mina falters when Austin's slow, cautious pouring allows Casaya to splash ahead as they hastily fill their bucket moments before La Mina, elevating Danielle to the top of the pole, where she releases the flag, insuring Immunity for Casaya.

LADIES' NIGHT

As the task of sending someone home looms, the politicking at La Mina rivals that on Capitol Hill. With the male alliance in control, Ruth Marie and Sally are on the chopping block. Having made a pact with Dan, Ruth Marie believes she has the protection of an alliance, but Austin, who has grown fond of Sally, sites Sally's athletic ability and keen performance in the challenge as he lobbies Terry on her behalf. With Terry back from Exile Island, the power structure is back in place. Sally, knowing her fate is out of her hands, laments, "Terry calls the shots around here, and if he doesn't think I'm worth keeping around, then I'm gone tonight."

In the end, Sally was saved, but Ruth Marie was not as fortunate, and the 48-year-old mother of two from Greenville, South Carolina was edged out in a 4-2 vote, making her the fourth castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

source - CBS.com

01.jpg

TRIBE BITES DOG

Casaya bounces Bobby

As SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND steams ahead, Casaya's winning streak is brought to an end as they vote out the controversial Bobby Mason (AKA Bob Dog) , the 32-year-old attorney from Los Angeles, California. Bobby's unpopularity with the tribe's women, along with the tribe's perception that he might flop after the merge, seals his fate in an erratic 3-2-1-1 split decision. In the end, a shocked and stunned Bobby can't help but utter a few choice words for his former tribemates: "People in Casaya were bonded together out of weakness, out of desperation. Courtney, Danielle, and Shane--spineless little twerps all of them--just being around them made me want to throw up."

UNDERDOG / TOP DOG

In the wake of a shocking Tribal Council decision that sent Ruth Marie home, La Mina's male alliance has systematically reduced their female population one by one, leaving Sally the lone female tribe member. Sally, recognizing her position in the game, beams, "Coming in here and feeling kind of like the underdog and the outsider right off the bat and the fact that the four men who have a very tight alliance made a decision that I was valuable enough to have around felt pretty darn good."

BRUCE ROCKS, ARAS BOILS

With a Reward Challenge looming, Casaya's main concern is hydration. Struggling to get a fire going to boil water, Aras is dismayed to see Bruce constructing a Zen rock garden on the beach while the rest of the tribe busies themselves with camp chores. When Aras confronts Bruce about his seemingly skewed priorities, Bruce admonishes Aras for making a "childish comment." Fed up, Aras laments "I'm the youngest person on this tribe, and sometimes I feel like I'm the oldest one in this tribe. And maybe I need a little break, a little calmness. To be perfectly honest, I kinda want to go to Exile Island."

03.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: FOR COD'S SAKE

The two tribes convene with host Jeff Probst, who immediately explains the rules of the Challenge. Each tribe will designate a retriever to transport rice, beans and fish from a boat to the shore. The retriever must race out, retrieve one item and bring it back to shore, then toss the item to their tribemates, who will be lined up. The item will be tossed from one person to the next until it reaches the last person, who will toss it into the appropriate bin. Once the item is in the bin, the retriever must go out and get another item. The first two items will be a bag of rice and a bag of beans. Thereafter, the items will be fish. Once a fish gets to the end of the line, the last person must chop off its head and the tail before throwing the body into the bin. The first tribe to eight wins the Reward: the entire bounty of rice, beans and fish, while the losing tribe will be able to choose one bag of beans or one bag of rice to take back to camp.

FLOUNDERING AROUND

On Jeff's go, Austin and Aras splash out towards the boats to retrieve their first items. Casaya takes an early lead after the rice and beans until Bobby mishandles a slippery fish, allowing La Mina a slight advantage. La Mina is able to widen the gap as Terry efficiently chops the heads and tails from the fish while Bruce clumsily flounders with the cleaver. La Mina enjoys a one-fish advantage until Casaya slips ahead when Sally repeatedly fails to catch a slimy fish tossed by Dan. Casaya holds onto a slight lead as the two tribes each toss their last fish down the line. Bobby, who has switched with Bruce at the chopping block, proves to be the deciding factor as he severs the fish's head and tail with precision, winning the Reward for Casaya. Adding salt to La Mina's wound, Casaya sends the downtrodden tribe's leader, Terry, to Exile Island.

05.jpg

FISH SOUP

Casaya returns triumphant to their beach with the spoils of their victory: glorious food. With nearly one hundred pounds of fish, beans, rice and wine in tow, the tribe is eager to begin their feast. But the Panamanian rain has other plans, soaking their camp, making it impossible to start a fire and cook the fish. Hungry and afraid their fresh fish will perish, Casaya resolves to eat the fish raw. Admitting she's never eaten sushi, Cirie is skeptical. "Eww! I've never eaten raw fish. I hope I don't wake up in the morning with some kind of sickness or something, but they say it's okay."

THE MUSICAL FRUIT

Though defeated in the Reward Challenge, La Mina is thrilled to have food, even though it is just a meager bag of beans. Tattered, tired and hungry, the tribe wastes little time in preparing a long-overdue meal. As if it were a race, Austin is the first to finish his ration, hastily diving into the kettle for another scoop of beans. Almost as soon as they finish eating, Austin and Nick are struck by severe stomach pains. Hoping their gastro-intestinal deluge will pass, they lie in the shelter waiting for relief. But as night falls their symptoms worsen, sending Nick and Austin staggering into the darkness with bouts of illness. Austin wails, "Oh god, I've gotta go again. This sucks!"

THE MEN'S ROOM

While most of Casaya sleeps, Bruce and Bobby are having a nightcap. Claiming they've been left with no room in the shelter, Bruce and Bobby steal away to the outhouse to drink the last bottle of wine. Flying high on libations, the two make a pact. Sealing the deal, Bruce solemnly swears, "I will never vote you out. Ever."

The next morning, the tribe wakes to find the two bosom buddies asleep in the outhouse with the empty bottle of wine at their feet. Cirie laments, "I would have to be dead and someone would have to literally pour it down my throat for me to drink the last bottle of wine that we as a tribe won." When Courtney confronts Bobby, he's indignant, "Courtney definitely had a right to be upset. I just don't need to hear it. Like I really don't care what she thinks. She's probably one of the two most annoying people in the history of the world."

LEADER IN EXILE

Returning to Exile Island for the second time, Terry sets to work, focused on surviving this visit to the dreaded isle. With the once-hidden Immunity Idol securely in his possession, Terry uses his time to hydrate and nourish himself. After a day of gathering snails and coconuts and building a fire, Terry's thoughts turn his tribe, "I am really concerned about my tribemates. My worst fear for La Mina right now is they're not properly feeding themselves and keeping hydrated. That's my worst fear."

08.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: BURIED AT SEA

The two tribes meet Jeff Probst, and Terry returns from Exile to join La Mina for the Immunity Challenge. Each tribe must send three members to paddle out to collect skulls from four coffins sitting on the ocean floor. Each time a coffin is found, someone must dive under water, open the coffin and find a skull puzzle piece. They'll then untie the puzzle piece and bring it back to the boat. Once all four skull puzzle pieces have been collected, they will return them to shore. The two remaining tribe members use those four puzzle pieces to build a skull pyramid. The first tribe to build their skull pyramid and place their gold skull on top wins Immunity.

With Immunity at stake, the Challenge begins when Terry and Danielle, each spotting their first coffin, dive into the water simultaneously. La Mina gets the early lead when Terry comes up with the first skull puzzle piece, while Danielle only comes up for air. Terry displays superior diving skills, liberating puzzle pieces one by one from the watery graves below. As Casaya struggles to collect their puzzle pieces, La Mina appears to be running away with Challenge when they arrive on shore with all four pieces. But Sally and Austin struggle to put the puzzle together, allowing Casaya to close the gap. It comes down to a battle of wits, but La Mina's extra time with the puzzle proves to be the deciding factor when Sally hoists the golden skull atop their pyramid, winning Immunity for La Mina.

FLIP-FLOP

As the losing Casaya tribe returns to camp, the lobbying about who will go home heats up. With the alliance of four calling the shots in camp, Bobby is initially slated to go home. When Aras questions that decision, citing Bruce's erratic behavior, the consensus shifts, and it looks like Bruce will be the fifth castaway voted out. Shane laments the decision to keep Bobby. "Bobby came from the young guys' camp to begin with. If we get to the merge and Austin and Nick are still around, I've always been worried about Bobby joining back up with them." In spite of his reservations, Shane agrees to vote for Bruce. But a twist comes yet again when Danielle lobbies the ladies to switch their vote back to Bobby. The flip-flopping is too much for the mercurial Shane, who moans, "Everyone's out of their mind."

In the end, Tribal Council was as dysfunctional as Casaya's pre-tribal scheming. But the will of the ladies is felt when Bobby is voted out in a 3-2-1-1 split decision.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

LOST IN SPACE

La Mina dumps Dan

In an emotional Tribal Council, Dan Barry, the 52-year-old retired astronaut from South Hadley, Massachusetts, is voted out in a 3-1 decision, making him the sixth castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. With Sally safe from Tribal Council because of a twist in the game, La Mina's male alliance is forced to vote out one of their own. As host Jeff Probst snuffed Dan's torch, the men of La Mina stand and salute their fallen comrade.

ON THE OUTS

Returning to camp after the Tribal Council in which Bobby was voted out, Casaya's discord continues when Shane lashes out at Danielle for swinging the vote from Bruce to Bobby at the last minute. Shane laments, "We made the wrong decision tonight, Danielle. And we made that decision because of your personal feelings, period." He adds, "I want to get out of the alliance that I'm in with you guys, but I can't do that unless you give me my son's name back."

LUNATIC FRINGE

As dawn breaks on day 15, the women of Casaya are up early, tending the fire and plotting against Shane. Commenting on Shane's desire to quit the alliance, Danielle is adamant, remarking, "He's just a lunatic" and "If that's how you feel about it, then fine, get out of the alliance, you're off anyway. Who cares? See you later. Bye!"

LAST LADY STANDING

With La Mina's male alliance systematically eliminating their female tribemates one by one, Sally, the last remaining woman, sees the writing on the wall. However, believing the men lack forethought, she remains optimistic: "These guys think that they know how the game works, but I'd be very surprised if the all-man's club ended up lasting as long as they think it would."

DAN'S SECRET REVEALED

Having had little to eat in their first fifteen days, La Mina is famished and in dire need of protein. While Terry and Austin eat minnows caught in a tide pool, Dan and Nick set out in the raft on a quest for something more substantial. As usual, their venture doesn't yield any fish, but Nick does catch some interesting news when Dan reveals his secret about being an astronaut. Blown away, Nick is awestruck, remarking, "I never thought I'd even meet an astronaut, never mind live with one. I mean, the guy's looked at the earth from space."

CUT LOOSE

At Casaya, tribal tension simmers to the boiling point as the rift in the alliance of four continues to color camp life. When Shane persists in asking Danielle and Courtney for his "son's name back," the two women unload on Shane for his disrespectful behavior. Shane, in turn, goes on the offensive about their emotion-based decision-making. Granting Shane's wish, the two women let him out of the alliance, to the relief of Aras: "Truth be told, I think it's great that the alliance has broken up, because it's a paper tiger. There's no power to this alliance anymore." With Shane alienating himself from the rest of the tribe, Aras is convinced that his days are numbered: "Unless [shane's] somehow able to find a way to apologize to the girls and say, 'Look, I really didn't mean it,' I feel like that guy is going to go home."

TREE MAIL

After receiving Tree Mail informing them that a Challenge involving "strength and smarts" will be for both Reward and Immunity, La Mina is eager to win so that they can even the tribal balance going into the merge. With Sally on the chopping block, La Mina leader Terry is mindful of the dire consequences. Terry laments, "If we win, five on five. If we lose, Sally most likely will be gone."

01.jpg

REWARD/IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: IN-COG-NEATO

As the tribes assemble for the double-duty Challenge, Jeff Probst explains that for this competition, the tribes must each choose three members to race one at a time out into a field to untie, lower, unhook and retrieve four puzzle pieces. Once all four pieces have been collected, the two remaining tribe members will use those pieces to solve a spinning puzzle. The first tribe to solve it correctly will win Immunity and the Reward: a feast in a Panamanian fishing village. The winning tribe also gets to banish one member from the losing tribe to Exile Island. But in a surprise twist, the person sent to Exile Island will not go to Tribal Council, thus protecting them from being voted out.

06.jpg

With Reward and Immunity hanging in the balance, Casaya and La Mina clash right away as Terry and Shane collide en route to their puzzle pieces. Terry wins the battle, quickly flying through the knots and returning with La Mina's first puzzle piece. The knots prove daunting for Casaya as Danielle uses teeth to gnaw through the ropes. La Mina enjoys a sizeable lead when Terry returns with the last puzzle piece, allowing Dan and Sally to begin working on the puzzle. Cirie and Bruce close the gap, aligning Casaya's first puzzle piece, as Dan, clearly vexed, is yet to find a fit. All it takes is one, and the rest of the pieces fall into place for Casaya, winning them both Immunity and Reward. With the power to send a member of La Mina to Exile Island, Casaya chooses Sally, saving her from certain elimination at Tribal Council.

SALLY SAFE IN EXILE

Sally, safe from Tribal Council, is all smiles as she arrives at her safe haven, Exile Island. Cognizant of her good fortune, an elated Sally smiles, "This is a gift to be here, so I'm thrilled. It's like a little vacation: some girl time; get away from all those boys for awhile." After raising the flag and getting the latest clue, Sally ventures out in search of the hidden Immunity Idol, unaware that Terry has already found it. Using a rock to dig at the base of a Y-shaped tree, Sally is optimistic: "It's exciting and frustrating to think that there's an Immunity Idol out here somewhere, but it's overwhelming. You really don't know where to start."

08.jpg

FEAST FOR THE FAMISHED

Arriving at the Panamanian fishing village for their Reward, Casaya is greeted by the village children, who lead them to the awaiting bounty. Chicken, rice, soup, sodas and beer are all devoured by the ecstatic tribemates, who can't believe their good fortune. With spirits uplifted by the nourishment and the kindness of the villagers, Casaya's tribal wounds seem to be healing when Shane apologizes for lashing out at Danielle. But Cirie, hoping that Shane's behavior will eventually result in his ouster, is discouraged by the reconciliation. "The reward kind of brought us together, but that's the thing," she observes. "It's kind of a double-edged sword for me. In a way, I almost wanted to lose, because I really felt like Shane was going."

TOUGH DECISION

While Casaya has the time of their lives, La Mina agonizes over who will be voted out of the tribe. As Sally sits on Exile Island, safe from Tribal Council, La Mina's male alliance must vote off one of their own. Believing his bond with Terry is strong, Dan predicts a Tribal Council tie, with the older men taking sides against the younger Austin and Nick. But Austin lobbies Terry, arguing, "This is a young people's game right now. You know we can take you a lot farther in this than [Dan] can."

As La Mina treks to Tribal Council, Dan's only hope for salvation lies in the hands of his long-time ally, Terry. In the end, the male alliance is forced to make a tough choice, and Jeff Probst reads the final vote sending Dan home in a three-to-one decision.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

01.jpg

TWO TRIBES BECOME ONE

Gitanos Pick Nick to Go

In the first Tribal Council since the merge, Nick Stanbury, the 25-year-old financial salesman from Tempe, Arizona, is voted out 6-4. The vote is cast strictly down alliance lines as the majority Casaya Six alliance oust Nick, citing his physical attributes in the Challenges as a threat. With no Final Words for his tribe, Nick speaks instead to a generation, "I urge us all, please: be hungry, be foolish, block out the noise, find yourselves, be who you potentially are and be true to your dreams and what you truly want to do. If we all maximize that personal freedom, then we'll change the world."

SOGGY SLUMBER

As night falls on Casaya, the tribe takes refuge from the elements under their shelter. The cool night air, coupled with fresh rains, force Casaya to huddle together cozily as they sleep. Courtney, sleeping at the very end of the shelter, is left exposed and suffers miserably throughout the night. "Last night was the worst night I ever had," she laments the next morning. "I literally did not know what do with myself. Everyone was cuddled and dry, and I'm wet and alone in like a little ball."

EXILE ISLAND PARADISE

In contrast to Courtney, Sally revels in her good fortune on Exile Island. Knowing full well that her Exile saved her from certain departure at Tribal Council, Sally is chipper: "Exile Island for me is my saving grace." Energized by the fateful turn of events, Sally spends her time searching in vain for the coveted hidden Immunity Idol.

THE URGE TO MERGE

Waking up the morning after a tough Tribal Council that saw Dan go home, La Mina is hopeful as they read a Tree Mail informing them that they'll find something unusual on their back beach. As Terry, Austin and Nick venture to their back beach, they can't help hoping that they will find food. Instead, they find a small black boat filled with firewood and two sealed packages. More importantly, there is a map to Casaya beach and a scroll notifying La Mina that the two tribes are about to become one. As La Mina packs up for their journey, Terry, focused on tribal numbers, cautiously intones, "We're down six-four. The merge could be disastrous for us. If we don't get somebody to switch over right away, we'll just get picked off." Bidding their last goodbyes to La Mina, the men paddle out to sea en route to their new home, Casaya.

03.jpg

ONE BIG, HAPPY FAMILY?

Casaya is feasting on rice when they spot La Mina's boat approaching their beach. The Casayas huddle up, vowing to stay together to the end as they selfishly devour every last grain of rice before La Mina's arrival. Aras honestly admits, "We knew they were hungry, and all of us just chowed the rice, 'cause all of us are heathens and didn't want to share." When La Mina's boat lands, Nick, happy to see new faces, is elated: "They're standing there waiting for us with open arms. They just welcomed us to their home." After Sally arrives from Exile Island, the tribe opens up the crates revealing new tribal buffs and a bounty of food and drinks. As the newly merged tribe eats their fill, Terry remains skeptical, noting later, "I was a little surprised at how well we were welcomed. I thought there might have been a bit of a competitive edge, but I didn't see it."

BRUCE IN THE BALANCE

With the merge doubling its population, the new tribe wastes no time erecting a shelter large enough to accommodate the growth. Capitalizing on the tarp brought from La Mina, Terry and Bruce skillfully lash together a shelter big enough for the entire tribe to sleep in. As they work, Terry seizes the opportunity to lobby Bruce to join the La Mina side, assuring him, "If you come over, then we will go to the final five." Shane, seeing the potential for Bruce to flip, has devised a strategy with Aras to keep him in the fold. Shane explains, "Aras' and my strategy with Bruce is to make him feel like our leader so he won't go away." In the middle of it all is Bruce, who clearly recognizes the value of playing both sides. "I'm the swing vote for both sides," he acknowledges. "It's such a wonderful feeling to be in this power position, because I know I'm going to go a lot further, guaranteed."

NOW, THAT'S A HEADACHE

As the work continues on the shelter, so too does the work of trying to swing Bruce over to the La Mina alliance. But instead, it's a swing of the machete that catches Bruce when Nick, using the blade to cut a rope, makes a terrible miscalculation and slices Bruce's face, chipping his tooth. "It was just a sickening sound," Nick recalls. "Initially, I thought, 'I'm gone! I just hit Bruce in the face. I'm out of here!'" Shane is also concerned. "I mean, I panicked at first," he remembers. "I'm panicking about numbers for a second, for sure!" In spite of the wound, Bruce soldiers on: "Psychologically, I want to outwork them, outperform them, and when it comes to competition, I want to beat them all."

OUTNUMBERED, BUT NOT OUTFOXED

With Casaya and La Mina merged, the tribe selects a new name: Gitanos (Spanish for Gypsies). But although the tribe now lives under one banner, allegiances still fall along former tribal lines. Down in numbers, the La Mina alliance is eager to attract a defector from Casaya. In a brief conversation with Aras, Nick and Austin are given little information other than that Terry is Casaya's number-one target. While the young men talk tentatively, Terry plots his own coup, desperately reaching out to Shane and Cirie. Cirie is unmoved by Terry's pitch and reveals, "It was like a dictionary salesman. I mean, I already have an encyclopedia collection over here, and you're trying to sell me a dictionary?" While Terry lacks the numbers, he does have one trick up his sleeve, noting, "Even if we get one person and it's five on five, it might be time to pull out the hidden Immunity Idol."

07.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: VAMPIRE BATS

When the Gitanos show up for the Immunity Challenge, they are greeted by host Jeff Probst, who explains the object. Each tribe member will have to hang upside down with arms and legs wrapped around a pole. They must hang there for as long as they can. Whoever falls off of the pole will be eliminated. The last castaway hanging wins Immunity. Hanging from the pole, the Survivors settle in for a grueling Challenge. Fatigue quickly sets in, and one by one, the Gitanos drop from the pole. With the coveted individual Immunity on the line, it comes down to two former La Mina mates: Nick and Terry. But the pressure and stress is too much for Nick, and he relinquishes his grip, handing Terry the first individual Immunity.

DECISIONS TIME

As Tribal Council looms, it's clear that Nick and Austin are on the chopping block. With Terry winning Immunity, it seems a forgone conclusion that one of them will be voted off. Desperate to stay, Nick cites a desire to make the Jury: "Whoever gets voted out tonight's not part of the Jury. That's why I've been holding out for so long. It's one of my goals, to make the Jury." Austin is so sure that he's leaving that he says his goodbyes, giving Bruce a hug. Austin laments, "We're going to Tribal Council tonight, and I'd be lying if I said I thought that there's anything that could save me."

As Nick and Austin's fate hangs in the balance, the Casaya alliance calls a very public meeting to decide their Tribal Council vote, ruffling the feathers of the rest of the tribe. Shane is indignant. "I don't care what they think," he declares. "If they have a problem with it, okay. They can have as a big a problem with it as they want. They're still going. One at a time!"

At Tribal Council, the Casaya Six's collective voice was heard when they voted out Nick in a six-four decision making him the seventh castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

NO STORYBOOK ENDING

Austin written out of Gitanos

The former La Mina alliance continues to take a beating as Austin Carty, the 24-year-old author from High Point, North Carolina, is voted out in a 6-3 decision. When he admits to throwing an earlier Challenge, Austin's error in judgment sours the Casaya contingent and they vote him out, considering him a game-player, thus a threat. With his Final Words, Austin admits his dilemma: "It was very difficult for me to negotiate the line between integrity and playing the game of SURVIVOR."

01.jpg

About Last Night

The morning after a Tribal Council in which Nick Stanbury was voted out, the alliance of former La Mina members is down another person. Thinking that he would be the one to go, Austin revealed at Tribal that he had thrown the previous Immunity Challenge as a tactic to make the Casaya alliance believe him weak. "That was so stupid to let them know my plan," Austin laments, "because now I'm afraid people are questioning whether they really trust me." Terry, knowing that Casaya will be gunning for Austin, hopes that La Mina can pull a defector to their side. Terry admits, "I'm still a team guy. I'm still a La Mina guy versus the remaining Casaya members, and I'm hoping to turn it around a little bit."

Reward Challenge: Rock the Boat

When the tribe convenes for the Reward Challenge, host Jeff Probst explains that the tribe will divide into three teams of three. Each team will have one boat and 100 coconuts. They must race to put the coconuts into the boats of the other two teams. The more coconuts in the boat, the slower it will be. Once the teams have exhausted their coconut supplies, they'll paddle out in their boats to retrieve a tribe flag and fishing net, return to shore and use the fishing net to carry all the coconuts from their boat back up the beach and into the bin. The first tribe to get all the coconuts in their bin and on their finish mat with their tribe flag wins the reward: breakfast in bed.

The three teams of three are Terry's team with Austin and Shane, Aras's team with Bruce and Sally, and Danielle's team with Courtney and Cirie.

06.jpg

As the tribes race up the beach for their coconuts, Terry's team is the first to get an armful, with Aras' team hot on their heels. When Terry's team makes a beeline for the women's boat, Aras wisely makes a pact with Danielle to not load up each other's boats with coconuts. Having disposed of all their coconuts, Aras' and Terry's teams paddle out to retrieve their fishing nets and tribe flags, while Danielle's team still struggles on shore to manage their coconuts. Working quickly and efficiently, Aras' team appears to be ready to take the Challenge. However, as they unload the last of their coconuts they realize they've made an error by leaving their tribe flag behind. As Sally races up the beach with the flag, Terry's team is close behind with the last of their coconuts. But Sally returns with the flag in time to win the Challenge and Reward. Faced with the decision to send not one, but two people to Exile Island, Aras, Sally and Bruce tap Danielle and Austin to be the dreaded isle's latest residents.

03.jpg

Breakfast in Bed

The next morning, a torrential downpour soaks the tribe as Aras, Bruce and Sally anxiously await the arrival of transportation to their Reward. Finally, a beautiful yacht appears and, after the Reward winners board the vessel, it takes them to a canopy bed sitting on a sandbar. With the rain pelting down, the Reward seems spoiled to Sally: "Aras, Bruce and I get in this boat and we're just huddled in the front, drenched. And it's this sandbar in the middle of nowhere with this beautiful canopy bed, and it's pouring rain, and I'm like, there is no way that that is our Reward. I was so frustrated." But when breakfast is served, the Reward becomes worthy to Sally. "All of a sudden, this tray is set down, and I am not kidding you, it went from this cold, miserable moment to the most incredible day ever." After devouring their feast, the trio huddles together in bed, capping the Reward with a champagne toast.

Inside Scoop

Back at Gitanos, Terry is hard at work, gathering information about the inner workings of the Casaya alliance. "My strategy is to try to coax out of those guys who they think is going to be in the Final Four," he admits, "and with that, it puts two of their players kind of out there." When Shane divulges that he believes the Final Four will be himself, Aras, Cirie and Courtney, Terry sees an opportunity: "Two of their players, Danielle and Bruce, are the next on the pecking order. And if I can get those guys onto our side, it will totally swing the game."

When Aras, Bruce and Sally return from the Reward, not everyone is interested in hearing the tale of their gastronomical delight. As Aras, Sally and Bruce recount the details of their Reward, Cirie moans, "That kind of pissed me off. We're starving, eating beans, and you're going, look, we're so full."

Misery Loves Company

In the unrelenting Panama rainstorm, Austin and Danielle endure the misery of Exile Island. Considering it one of the worst days yet, Austin is thankful he wasn't alone on the island. "Being on Exile Island, under the torrential rains, forced me to go into the quickest bonding experience I've ever been through. Luckily, Danielle and I got along great," declares Austin. Danielle, always thinking about strategy, considers her new friend Austin to be an ally. "Out of all the people that I could get stuck on the island with, I'm glad it was Austin," she smiles. "If something did change, Austin would be a potential backup plan."

07.jpg

Immunity Is Mine, Mine, All Mine!

On a trip to the well, Sally speculates about Danielle's and Austin's chances of finding the Immunity Idol. When Terry admits to Sally that he's had the Idol all along, she is aghast, but gleeful. "I love it," she grins. "The whole game changes. That's a huge ace in the hole, and I'm so excited for the next Immunity Challenge, 'cause if Terry wins, he could slip either Austin or I the Idol. And I'm pumped. I'm absolutely thrilled!"

Immunity Challenge: Ups and Downs

At the Immunity Challenge, an exhausted Austin and Danielle rejoin Gitanos before host Jeff Probst explains the rules. The Survivors will race through a series of obstacles in four stages. In the first stage, all nine Survivors must race to dig through the sand and pull themselves under a wooden fence. The first six to finish move on to the second round, in which they must complete a brainteaser with four written clues to guide them. After completing the brainteaser, they climb up a sand hill, through a maze and over a second sand hill. The first three to finish this phase will move on to phase three, which requires them to navigate across a rope bridge using two wooden planks. Once they've reached the end of the bridge, they must jump off the platform into the water and climb up a steep sand bank. The first to the top of the sand bank move on to the final round: a race through a series of vertical and horizontal tunnels and towers until the first person finishes, winning Immunity.

In the first stage, Aras is first through the fence, but his body gets stuck, giving Sally time to get her entire body under and through to the other side. Courtney, Terry, Danielle, Austin and Shane follow Sally, granting them passage to the second phase. Austin is first to solve the brainteaser and quickly hustles up the sand hill. Shane is the last to solve the brainteaser, but it's too late for him, Danielle and Courtney as Austin, Sally and Terry race through the maze to finish the second round. After Sally and Terry decisively defeat Austin in the third round, it comes down to a race through the tunnels. Terry gets out to a slight lead, but Sally quickly closes the gap. Terry digs down deep and finds an extra reserve of energy, surging ahead of Sally and winning Immunity.

09.jpg

Idol Worship

With Tribal Council weighing on La Mina, Terry toils behind the scenes to get numbers before the vote. Approaching Bruce, Terry explains that Bruce is at the bottom of Casaya's pecking order, and if he joined La Mina he'd have safe passage for several more days. Bruce agrees in principal, but only if Danielle joins La Mina as well. With his ace in the hole, Terry approaches Danielle with a heavy bargaining chip: the hidden Immunity Idol. Tempted by the idol, Danielle is unsure which way she will vote. While Terry does his part to unify La Mina, the Casaya alliance is fractured when Courtney and Aras can't agree over who to vote for at Tribal. Aras thinks Sally is the safe bet if the Immunity Idol were to come in to play, while Courtney thinks that Austin's threat as a game-player is too much to risk.

At Tribal Council, the hidden Immunity Idol doesn't come in to play, and Casaya manages to pull it together and vote out Austin in a unified 6-3 vote, making him the eighth castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

01.jpg

SAY IT AIN'T SO

Gitanos Send Sally Forth

Once again the alliance of ex-Casaya members strikes when they vote out Sally Schumann, the 27-year-old social worker from Chicago, Illinois. Sally fought hard throughout, but the Casaya juggernaut proves to be too much for her as she comes out on the short end of a 6-2 decision. All in all, Sally is thankful for the experience, saying, "I found so much inner strength, and I'll take that with me. I fought hard and I fought great and I have no regrets."

IDOL MINDS

As the sun rises on day 21, the alliance of former Casaya members is firmly in control of the game. With Austin going home at the previous night's Tribal Council, Sally and Terry are the last two standing from La Mina. Terry, seemingly unfazed by his misfortune, sits with Aras, Sally and Shane, telling stories about his days as a Navy fighter pilot. Nearby in the shelter are Danielle, Courtney and Cirie, who have been listening to Terry's yarns without participating in the conversation. Seizing an opportunity, Danielle rummages through Terry's bag, looking for the hidden Immunity Idol. Questioning the validity of what Terry had shown her, Danielle is skeptical. "Before Austin went home, Terry showed me some sort of hidden Immunity Idol," she recalls, "I mean, it was something furry. I mean, he could be making this up, and he could've just found this furry thing out in the woods."

03.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: GET HOOKED

Before the Reward Challenge, host Jeff Probst leads the Gitanos to a hut, where they watch a brief clip from videotapes made by loved ones at home. While everyone is touched by the experience, no one is as emotional as Shane. After seeing the clip of his son, Boston, Shane fights through tears to explain the bond he has with his son: "He is my other half, he is my brother, he is my best friend, he is my son, he is my life."

After the Survivors view their clips, Jeff Probst explains that the winner of the Reward Challenge will get to watch their entire video while eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and drinking ice-cold milk. For this Challenge, the tribe will divide into two teams. One person will lie face down on a cradle suspended in the air by bungee cords. Attached to that cradle are three ropes. The teammates will pull those ropes to maneuver the person on the cradle as they grab fifteen flags and place them in order into their appropriate slots. The first tribe to get all fifteen flags in order wins the Reward.

The teams are divided. In the white cradle, Courtney is being pulled by Bruce, Sally and Terry. In the black cradle, Danielle is being pulled by Aras, Shane and Cirie. On Jeff Probst's "go," Danielle swings into action, swiftly getting out to an early lead as Courtney's team has trouble coordinating their effort. With Terry at the helm, the white team finds their rhythm, and at the seventh flag the two teams are in a dead heat. On the eighth flag, the black team shows signs of fatigue when Aras hastily drags the rope across flag number one, dislodging it and causing Danielle to have to replace it before moving on, giving Courtney's white team an opportunity to gain a convincing lead. As Danielle's team scrambles to close the gap, they falter yet again when Cirie, dragging the rope, dislodges another flag. While Danielle struggles to grasp the eleventh flag, Courtney glides through the air with the fifteenth flag in hand, securing it in its slot and winning the Reward. With the power to choose someone to go to Exile, Terry points out that Aras "will eat anything" and thus is better equipped to survive in solitude. The rest of the team agrees, and Aras is banished to go it alone on the dreaded outpost.

06.jpg

RASH DECISION

Returning to camp, Danielle, Cirie and Shane appear dejected from their Reward Challenge loss. Shane makes light of the situation, saying that it was just "a couple sandwiches and some milk." Besides, Shane's apparently got more serious problems to deal with. Complaining of redness on his "nether regions," Shane is adamant that Cirie the nurse has a look at the situation. Cirie reluctantly agrees, but can hardly contain her laughter as she examines the inflammation. "I tried to be as professional as I could under the circumstances," she grins, "but it was just so hilarious!" Diagnosing Shane with nothing more than a rash, Cirie advises him to "air out" the situation. Never one to stray from doctor's orders, Shane strips himself naked in the middle of camp right in front of Danielle and Cirie.

NO STONED UNTURNED

Out on Exile Island, the ever-resourceful Aras quickly starts a fire and then quenches his thirst with a swallow of coconut milk before setting out in search of the hidden Immunity Idol. Aras finds the clues confusing, but nonetheless scours the island for the Idol. Mentally fatigued, Aras begins to question whether the Idol is still on the island. "Terry is the person I fear may have the Idol," he laments. "It would be a real easy move on his part to just send me out here, knowing that I'm his biggest physical competitor, and that it might weaken me physically to be out here. So his quickness to send me might suggest that there is no Immunity Idol out here."

07.jpg

ENVY

Returning from the Reward, Bruce, Courtney, Sally, and Terry arrive with more than just full bellies. They've got luxury items in tow, and their tribemates are resentful. "Sally brought her journal, Bruce has a sketchbook, and Terry has the American flag. Go figure," Cirie complains, adding, "I thought Courtney's luxury item was the coolest." Courtney's luxury item, her fire dancing equipment, brings her obvious joy. Cirie continues, "It's hard when you're the loser. But it's a game, and you kind of have to keep it together."

AGAINST ALL ODDS

On the morning of day 24, Sally is feeling the pressure of being on the bubble. Facing an uphill battle with the six ex-Casaya members seemingly solid, Sally hopes that the hidden Immunity Idol could come into play to save her at the upcoming Tribal Council. Sally explains, "If Terry or I win Immunity today and Terry decides that he wants to play the hidden Immunity Idol, one of the six ex-Casaya members would go home tonight."

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: MARINE MEMORY

The tribe is reunited with Aras, who looks ragged, as he returns from Exile Island. Convening for the Immunity Challenge with host Jeff Probst, each Survivor is asked to grab a nut and a shell and put them in opposite hands. He then explains that for the Challenge, each person will swim out to a long plank with seven symbols on it resting on the ocean floor. They will have to memorize the symbols in order and race back to the beach, where they will try to replicate those symbols, in order, on their answer board. The first person to solve the puzzle correctly wins Immunity. But there's a twist: participation in this Immunity Challenge is optional. If someone chooses not to participate, they will instead chow down on cheeseburgers, french fries and soft drinks. They can eat for as long as the Challenge goes or until the food runs out. Whoever wants to take part in the Challenge will reveal a shell in their hand. Whoever wants to sit out will show the nut. All but Aras, Terry and Sally choose to sit this one out.

As Bruce, Cirie, Courtney, Danielle and Shane all devour hamburgers, Aras, Sally and Terry sprint down the beach toward the water. Terry is first to dive down for a peek at the plank with Aras not far behind him. Terry is also first to return to the beach to solve the puzzle, but Aras thinks he has it solved first. When his answer board proves to be wrong, Aras desperately rushes out to the plank for another look. But yet again, Terry solves the puzzle and wins Immunity.

COURTING COURTNEY

After returning to camp, the alliance of ex-Casaya members appear to be holding strong in their resolve to vote out Sally at Tribal Council. Terry, holding both the Immunity Necklace and the hidden Immunity Idol, scrambles to enact a ploy to save his only ally, Sally. With Bruce committing to flop if another ex-Casaya goes with him, Terry plays hard to get Courtney to defect. Courtney is fraught with indecision. "I would like to align with Terry, because I would love to go against him in the Final Two," she admits. "There's no clear-cut way for me to go right now. I'm still kind of confused in my mind."

In the end, Courtney sided with her Casaya alliance, voting Sally out in a six-to-two decision, making her the ninth Survivor voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

Source - CBS.com

01.jpg

MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Bruce Sails Away

After struggling with severe constipation for several days, Bruce's pain becomes unbearable. Unable to rule out the possibility of appendicitis, the SURVIVOR Medical Team rushes Bruce to a Panama City hospital, where the severe blockage is treated. Not having gone to the bathroom in more than a week, Bruce's pain is at an all-time high. As he sails out toward Panama City, Bruce becomes SURVIVOR PANAMA: EXILE ISLAND's latest casualty.

LONE WOLF

Returning from the decisive Tribal Council that saw Sally walk the plank, Terry, the lone ex-La Mina member left in camp, feels the loss of his compatriot. While the alliance of ex-Casaya members congratulate themselves for their unity, Terry is mindful of what he will need to do to stay in the game. With the hidden Immunity Idol as his ace in the hole, Terry knows the odds are stacked against him, especially with Casaya determined to get him out of the game. But as Courtney and Danielle bicker over who--literally--spilled the beans, Terry sees the advantage of being in an "alliance" of one: "What is going to be interesting now is the longer I hang out, the longer I get to see how they end up turning on one another. The one good thing I had going for me in Tribal Councils recently is I didn't have to vote against my tribemates. There wasn't any of that, where these guys are going to have to turn on each other."

PLUMBING PROBLEM

While Terry is struggling with being the lone wolf in camp, Bruce is struggling with a different kind of problem. Having not gone to the bathroom in several days, Bruce openly complains to his tribemates about his constipation, which is so severe that he's having difficulty even standing up. "I haven't gone to the bathroom since just before the Panamanian Village Feast," Bruce laments. "I'm just blocked up, and it's very, very, very painful."

TREE MAIL

Tree Mail arrives in the form of several large boxes, each with a different tribe member's name on it. Before the tribemates open their boxes, Aras reads from the Tree Mail scroll. The scroll alludes to a Challenge that will test how well the tribe "observes [their] surroundings." In each of the boxes are "voodoo dolls" and art supplies for each of the castaways to style the dolls in their likeness. In preparation for the Challenge, the tribe busies themselves with dolling up their voodoo doppelgangers.

02.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: VOO DOO

Voodoo dolls in tow, the tribe convenes for the Reward Challenge with host Jeff Probst, who explains that the object is to see how well the Survivors know the people they've been living with for the past 25 days. Each of the castaways will fill out a questionnaire in private, then the results will be tallied and the Challenge will begin. The questions will be posed to the group. At this time, they will guess whose name came up most often. Each time someone gets a correct answer, they'll get to chop one of three ropes assigned to each tribe member. After three chops, the rope will release a torch that will in turn send their voodoo dolls up in flames.

To the first question, "Who does the least for the tribe?" Cirie, Aras, Terry and Shane answer correctly with "Danielle." In spite of his correct answer, Terry is the first knocked out of the game when Cirie, Aras and Shane cut his ropes one by one. To the question, "Who mistakenly believes they are running this game?" the correct answer is "Shane." Bruce, down to one rope at this point, is knocked out of the game as Aras wields his cleaver. Danielle is next to go. As the game continues, the questions cause unrest, and the tribe begins to bicker. When the question "Who is the most annoying person out here?" is asked, "Courtney" is the correct answer, and when Aras strikes her last rope, Courtney is also next out of the game. After Shane is eliminated, it is down to Aras and Cirie. Faced with "Who would never survive on their own?" Cirie answers correctly with her own name, and with a flick of the wrist her cleaver slices through Aras' last rope, sending his voodoo doll up in flames and winning her the Reward.

With Cirie's victory comes the power of choice. After sending Terry to Exile Island, Cirie picks Aras and Danielle--to the disgust of their tribe mates--to accompany her on the Spa Reward.

06.jpg

HIGH FLYING

Flying high above the jungle canopy, Aras, Cirie and Danielle start their Reward with a helicopter ride to the spa. Never having been in a helicopter before, Cirie is awestruck by the experience: she is on cloud nine. Arriving at the spa, the famished trio is greeted with a platter of appetizers. Between mouthfuls of food, the conversation turns to the searing effect the Reward Challenge had on Courtney. Cirie intones, "Damn, they put Courtney as most annoying." She continues, "I mean, I would be kind of pissed if my tribe members thought I was most annoying. I would've felt the same way."

CRUSHED

Back at camp, the mood is dire as Courtney and Shane compare notes from the Reward Challenge. Shane, feeling that he was in a tight bond with Cirie and Aras, is shocked that Cirie chose Danielle over him and wonders whether he should be wary of Cirie. Courtney, having been the correct answer to many of the more negative questions, including "most annoying," is devastated by this revelation of her tribe's shared opinion. Shane offers some insight: "Courtney destroyed herself today. I mean, she takes a lot of stuff personally anyway, and just to hear some of the answers to what the tribe thinks about her, I think, really got her at an all-time low."

While Courtney struggles with her emotions, Bruce's struggle with physical pain intensifies. After another unsuccessful attempt at going to the bathroom, Bruce has taken a turn for the worse. In spite of the pain, he's willing to chalk it up as just "part of the game."

RELAXING REWARD

At the spa reward, Danielle, Aras, and Cirie are treated to total relaxation mud massages. All are in bliss except for Danielle, whose masseur's strong hands are a bit rough for her liking. "The man that gave me a massage was pretty rough," she laments. "I've never had a professional massage done, but I usually like to be massaged a little easier."

After their massages, Aras, Cirie and Danielle devour a huge dinner before settling in to discuss tribe dynamics. Focusing on Courtney and Shane, the three are convinced that Courtney has a crush on Shane. Mindful of how things played out in the Challenge, Cirie suspects that she won't be very popular when she returns to camp.

MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Meanwhile, back at camp, Bruce's pain is at an all-time high. Unable to stand, he writhes on the ground as Courtney tries to comfort him. But there is no comforting Bruce, and the Survivor Medical Team must be called in to assess him. When the doctor arrives on the scene his diagnosis is dire. He can't rule out appendicitis, so Bruce must be taken to the hospital. Shane, worried that he will have to sleep in wet pants, strips naked before lending a hand carrying the stretcher down to a waiting boat. As the boat pulls away, the mood on the island is somber.

SHANE'S DREAM GIRL

With Bruce away from camp, tension runs high, as Courtney and Shane are the only tribe members left on the island. Grating on each other's nerves, Shane blows up after Courtney takes personally an off-hand threat he makes as a joke. Not recognizing the mania of his own behavior, Shane is convinced that Courtney is the crazy one in the tribe: "She's a lunatic, man. Especially after yesterday and finding out the entire tribe thinks she's an idiot. She is a dream to take to the Final Two. Anyone can win against her. Anyone. It's crazy. She's a dream!"

COLD SHOULDER

Returning to camp from their reward, Cirie, Aras and Danielle are given the cold shoulder by Courtney, who briefly explains that Bruce has been rushed from the island. When Shane arrives on the scene, with a dead boa constrictor in tow, Aras hesitantly approaches him for conversation. Shane reveals to Aras that his anger is directed toward Cirie for not bringing him on the Reward. After Aras is unsuccessful in putting Shane's mind at ease, it's Cirie's turn to try to mollify him. Cirie and Shane reconcile when they make a bond on their children to go to the Final Four. Shane, whose behavior has all been calculated, admits, "The whole discussion was a big rant and was absolutely calculated by me in order to get ahead of Cirie and Aras mentally. And it played exactly how I wanted it to."

10.jpg

A SURPRISE VISIT

On the morning of Day 27, Courtney, Cirie and Danielle are up early cleaning Bruce's rock garden when they spot a boat coming toward their beach. The boat brings host Jeff Probst along with Terry, fresh from Exile Island. After the tribe takes a seat around the fire, Jeff explains that Bruce's condition is dire and that he was evacuated in the nick of time. Being treated for a severe blockage, Bruce is recovering in a Panama City hospital, and he will not return to the game.

01.jpg

FIRE DANCER SNUFFED

Courtney Cast Out

In a shocking 3-2-1 split decision, 31-year-old performance artist Courtney Marit from Los Angeles, California becomes the eleventh castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. Courtney, seen as a threat if carried to the Final Two, is shocked at the covert betrayal by her ex-Casaya allies. As smoke curls from her freshly snuffed torch, Courtney delivers her Final Words: "I'm just completely shocked right now. My sisters that I unfortunately trusted turned on me. I guess they saw me as too much of a threat to go to the Final Two."

LONE WOLF

As the sun rises over Gitanos Island on day 29, Terry has taken up the spear gun in an effort to catch some fish. Noticing the rest of the tribe huddled on the beach, Terry, lone outsider to the alliance of ex-Casayas, is mindful of the advantage of having Bruce out of the game. Terry explains, "Bruce being gone out of this game was a good thing for me, because I got to skip a Challenge, and pretty much every Immunity Challenge coming down the road, I've got to take. It is really imperative to try to make some allies and hopefully tie up one or two members before the next Immunity Challenge."

NUTS & BERRIES

While Terry seems as mentally tough as ever, Shane's behavior leads some to believe he is cracking up. With a rectangular piece of wood he calls his "Blackberry," Shane spends his morning sitting on his "thinking rock" in delusional bliss. Danielle laments, "Shane found a piece of wood and is actually calling it his Blackberry. And he sits down and he like pretends he's like communicating with other people. Come on. He's nuts."

04.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: THE KEY OF SEA

The castaways convene with host Jeff Probst, who explains that for this Challenge, the tribe will be divided into two teams of three. Each team member will be attached to a rope that spans the length of an obstacle course. They must follow the rope while navigating the various obstacles. When the final platform is reached, they will unclip from the rope and, one at a time, race across a lily pad run, jump into the water and retrieve one of three bags. Once all three bags have been retrieved, they will clip onto the rope again and make their way back through all the obstacles to the beach. The first team to reach the finish with all three members and all three bags wins the Reward: a barbeque feast.

With Terry, Courtney and Danielle against Shane, Aras and Cirie, the teams are in a dead heat as they follow the rope along the obstacle course. Cirie gets tangled on the bamboo crawl, giving Terry, Courtney and Danielle the advantage. Terry is first to unclip, and after hurrying across the lily pads, dives down to retrieve the first bag. After Danielle and Courtney have unclipped and retrieved their bags, they begin the trek back to the beach as Cirie still struggles with the bamboo crawl. Shane and Aras finally unclip to hustle after their bags. But it's too late as Terry, Courtney and Danielle cross the finish line to win the Reward. With the power of choice, Terry, Courtney and Danielle banish Aras to Exile Island.

03.jpg

SHOT AT A CAR

Before Terry, Courtney and Danielle venture on their Reward, Jeff Probst explains to the three winners that they will compete for yet another individual Reward. With a brand new fully loaded GMC Yukon on the line, they will use a slingshot to fire marbles at three tiles. The first person to break all three tiles wins the Yukon.

Like a firing squad, Terry, Courtney and Danielle line up in front of their tiles. After the second round, Danielle is the only one to break a tile. Several rounds later, the two women are tied at one tile each, while Terry has pulled ahead to break two. Courtney fires a direct hit to pull even with Terry, but it's too little too late when Terry smashes his third and final tile, winning himself a brand new GMC Yukon.

GRILLIN' & SWILLIN'

As their plane touches down on a far-off island, Terry, Courtney and Danielle are met by Terry's GMC Yukon, loaded with everything they will need for a beach barbeque. After driving through the jungle, the trio arrives at a beautiful lagoon. Washing down barbeque steaks with sodas, the conversation turns to strategy. Terry works hard to swing Courtney and Danielle to his side, and it seems as if Courtney is now in his back pocket. While Danielle is open to the idea of a new alliance, she is still skeptical, intoning, "Terry brought up the fact that his ideal four would be the three girls and him, and that's just a given. I mean, obviously he wants Aras out for his sake. I like that idea, but he's going to have to change up his strategy a little bit too. I'm not going to make this so easy for him to win."

CIRIE'S LIABILITY

Back at camp, Cirie and Shane are also comparing notes. When Shane expresses an interest in taking Courtney to the Final Two, Cirie becomes wary, musing, "If [shane] could take Courtney to the Final Two, he may just win a million dollars. Against anyone else, I don't know how good his chances are, and I think he knows that. So Courtney, to me, is more dangerous than having Terry around. So I just want to get rid of Courtney as soon as I possibly can and go from there."

FISH ON!

With nothing left to do in camp but wait for Danielle, Courtney and Terry to return from their Reward, Cirie decides to go fishing. Picking up the drop line and hook, Cirie ventures out on the rocks to try her luck. Using snails as bait, she casts her line into the water, and just a short while later she has a fish on the hook. Squealing with delight, Cirie reels in her catch and drags it all the way back to camp. Cirie beams, "Who'd of thunk Cirie could catch a fish!"

NEGOTIATIONS

Waking up on the morning of day 30, the breakfast snails are yet to cook but the strategizing is boiling over. Danielle, who is concerned that Terry will take the unpopular Courtney to the final two thus leaving Danielle with nothing better than a third place finish, has been grilling Terry on his intentions. Terry offers up a solution: whom ever finishes first and second in the final Immunity Challenge will automatically go to the final two. Danielle, satisfied with this solution, tells Courtney who takes offense to the idea. Meanwhile Cirie, who has been listening nearby, tries to convince Danielle that the arrangement is nothing more than a trap to draw Danielle into an alliance with him.

06.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: HOLD YOUR OWN

Aras returns from Exile Island as the tribe convenes yet again with Jeff Probst, who explains that the Immunity Challenge will be a test of endurance. Each tribe member will kneel at the end of a long plank suspended over a pit of water. They'll be holding on to two ropes connected to a weighted hook. Starting with twenty percent of their body weight, the weight will increase by another ten percent every fifteen minutes. When the weight becomes too much to hold, the ropes will slip from their hands, the plank will give out and they'll fall into the water. The last person left standing wins Immunity.

With each Survivor clinging to ropes weighted with twenty percent of their body weight, Shane is first to show signs of fatigue, and after thirteen minutes he becomes the first eliminated from the Challenge. Five minutes later, Cirie goes, with Danielle falling just a minute later. After two days on Exile Island, Aras' weakened condition shows as his arms give out, sending him into the water below. Now down to Terry and Courtney, the two fierce competitors struggle to maintain their grip on forty percent of their body weight. After thirty minutes in the hot sun, Courtney lets go of one rope, then loses her grip on the second, leaving Terry to win his fourth straight Immunity Challenge.

POWER PLAY

Returning to camp from a taxing Immunity Challenge, the pre-tribal shuffle gets underway almost immediately. Believing herself to be allied with Terry, Danielle and Cirie, Courtney is convinced that the vote will be for Aras, while Shane, believing he is allied with Courtney, Aras and Cirie, thinks the vote will be for Danielle. Cirie, knowing Aras is her biggest ally and Courtney is her biggest threat, devises a plan to save Aras and send Courtney home. Heading into Tribal Council, Danielle, Courtney and Aras are all in jeopardy of leaving the game.

10.jpg

In the end, Cirie's masterminding prevails as Courtney is voted out in a 3-2-1 split decision, making her the eleventh castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

Source: CBS.COM

01.jpg

DUPED!

Shane Smoked

On night 32, Shane Powers, the 35-year-old owner of an entertainment marketing company, is stunned when he's betrayed by his alliance and falls in a 3-2 split decision. Worried that Shane is a threat to go to the Final Two on the coattails of Challenge superstar Terry, Shane's allies, Cirie and Aras, join forces with Danielle to make Shane the 12th castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. Shocked by the outcome, Shane's Final Words communicate his utter disbelief: "I got duped. I was blindsided. I really thought that Cirie, Aras and me were locked in."

02.jpg

COVERUP

Returning to camp after a surprising Tribal Council in which Courtney was covertly voted off for fear that she was too attractive, especially to Shane, as a Final Two partner, Shane demands an explanation from his alliance for the last-minute vote change. Aras and Cirie team up to cover their tracks by coming up with a story about Courtney wanting to vote out Aras. Cirie explains, "Coming back from Tribal was a little bit uncomfortable, because Shane wanted to go to the Final Two with Courtney. So to reassure Shane, Aras and I came up with a story that we couldn't tell him we decided to vote Courtney because we didn't have time." Their lie is convincing, and Shane even admits, "I'm just so happy [Courtney's] gone. Couldn't have happened to a loopier broad."

LIAR, LIAR

Terry was also double-crossed at Tribal when Danielle, who was supposed to be allied with Terry and Courtney, voted with Aras and Cirie to take down Courtney. Terry laments, "Danielle and myself, we were going to take Courtney to the Final Three. We shook hands on it, we looked each other in the eye, and I was lied to. So as far as I'm concerned, if Danielle is the next one on the chopping block, then that's fine with me."

04.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: SECOND CHANCE

The tribe convenes with host Jeff Probst, who explains that this Reward Challenge combines elements of past Challenges put together in a four-stage obstacle course. First, the five tribemates will dig in a circle of sand, each looking for a bag. The first four to find their bag move on to the second round. In the second round, they will carry their bags with them to untie a wooden snake. The first three to get to the finish with both bag and snake proceed to the third round. The third round, they will carry the bag and snake as they race over a sand hill and into a water pit, where they will untie a large fish. The first two to get to the finish with fish, bag and snake will move on to the final round. In the last round, the last two standing will go head-to-head, carrying all three items that they have collected through a series of wooden tunnels and towers. The first person to the finish wins the Reward: face-to-face in person with a loved one. The winner of the Challenge will be responsible for allocating who wins love and how much love they get.

All five Survivors dive into the sand, digging furiously for their bags. Danielle is first to secure a bag and cross the line, followed in quick succession by Terry and Aras. Shane is stunned when Cirie comes up with her bag first, making Shane the first eliminated. In the second round, Terry and Aras get to their snakes first, but Danielle is quickest to untie her snake and cross the line with it. Aras finishes soon after, with Terry hard on his heels, thus securing the top three spots and eliminating Cirie. With snake and bag in hand, Terry, Aras and Danielle sprint over the hill and into the moat to untie their fish. Aras flies through his knot to untie his fish and crosses the line first. Danielle and Terry are neck and neck, racing to untie their knots, but Terry has the edge, untying his fish and crossing the line. As the last round begins, Terry drops his fish, giving Aras a slight lead as they hit the tunnels and towers. Terry closes the gap and squeaks past Aras at a crossroad in the game. But when Aras drops his bag and has to go back to the beginning, Terry takes the advantage, crossing the line with all three items and winning the Reward.

THE DECIDER

With the power to choose who will spend time with their loved one, Terry makes his selections. After choosing his wife, Trish, and Shane's son, Boston, to accompany him and Shane to a villa for an overnight stay, Terry sends Cirie's husband, H.B., back to camp, gives Aras a hug from his mom. Danielle is given only a few seconds to talk to her mom, Denise, before being banished to Exile Island.

ANGER MANAGEMENT

Marooned on Exile Island, Danielle focuses her anger on Terry for limiting her family time and sending her into isolation. She exclaims, "Maybe this is Terry's head right now," swiftly slicing her machete through a coconut. Danielle laments, "Terry, he's out for me. He's pissed off because I basically ruined his strategy plan to take Courtney to the Final Two. And you know what? I don't care."

05.jpg

SURVIVOR 101

Back at camp, H.B. is getting a crash course in camp life. After a quick tour of the Gitanos' humble abode, it's apparent that H.B. is a fish out of water. It is also apparent to Cirie that she has come a long way in the game. Cirie explains, "Seeing H.B. here green, not really knowing anything, it helped me a little bit to appreciate how far I've come. It almost makes me feel like I've kind of underestimated myself for 35 years. And now it's like damn, you can do anything."

LA FAMILIA

At a beautiful Panamanian villa, Terry and Shane raid a fully stocked kitchen as their loved ones look on in awe. Terry's wife, Trish, is stunned by the condition her husband is in. Having shed several pounds and sporting an overgrown beard, Terry's transformation is dramatic. After a snack, Shane and Boston take a minute to catch up. Not having been able to talk with his son, Shane recounts every detail of his experience in the game. Meanwhile, Terry reveals the hidden Immunity Idol to the only person he can trust, Trish. Sitting at the picnic table, the conversation turns to strategy, with Trish taking great interest in the game. Shane is struck by Trish's competitiveness, noting, "Terry's wife Trish is more competitive than Terry, so she was the one who wanted to talk about strategy." As darkness falls, the two weary Survivors cling to the little time they have left with their loved ones.

06.jpg

H.B.'s HELPING HAND

Back at Gitanos, Cirie puts H.B. to work around camp while she and Aras take it easy. H.B. is frank: "Cirie and Aras have been working me like a dog, and it's bugging me a little bit." But he continues, "I know that I'm not going to be here long, so I'm going to help as much as I can." As the boat arrives to pick up H.B., he and Cirie are emotional. Recognizing the sacrifice Cirie is making for their family, he breaks down. "Words can't even express how I feel just to know that Cirie is doing this for our family," he says admiringly. "It's wonderful to see that she would come out here and take this risk for us. She's my hero." As H.B.'s boat dwindles into the distance, Cirie is reflective, "Having H.B. in camp brought back why I'm here. I'm not just here for me. I'm here for us as a family. I want H.B. to have a better life. I want us to have a wonderful life"

07.jpg

SPOUSES AND MOTHERS AND SONS... OH, MY!

As soon as one boat leaves the Gitanos, another one approaches. Cirie and Aras greet Terry and Shane as they arrive, fresh from an overnight visit with their loved ones. As soon as Terry hits the beach, he starts defending his choices at the Reward Challenge, stating that spouses take priority over moms. Offended by Terry's statement, Aras promptly speaks up to defend the value of his relationship with his mother. Aras feels disrespected, while Terry observes something in Aras' character that he hasn't noticed before. Terry intones, "I like the fact that Aras came unglued. It showed a part of him that I haven't seen and maybe a little crack that I could take advantage of."

08.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: PERCH

The Gitanos are reunited with Danielle as they convene with Jeff Probst, who explains that the Immunity Challenge will test the Survivors' balance and accuracy. Each tribe member will stand on a very small perch at the top of a 20-foot poll in the water. When the game begins, they will lower a bucket into the water to fill it, then pour from the bucket into a very narrow bamboo shoot. As the bamboo shoot fills up with water, it will raise a flag. Once the flag is high enough to reach, they must carefully grab it and raise it above their head.

With Immunity on the line, the Survivors fling their buckets into the water below. After several attempts, Terry is first to figure out how to accurately pour the water into the bamboo shoot. Cirie, Aras and Danielle are gaining on Terry, while Shane is left in the dust, unable to figure out how to pour the water efficiently. Danielle and Terry are neck and neck, with Aras hot on their heels and Cirie not far behind. Terry takes the lead again, but Aras quickly catches up to him as they race to get their flags. It comes down to the last bucket raising the flag just within the reach of Terry, who hoists the flag high above his head to win individual Immunity for the fifth consecutive time.

NEVER SAW IT COMING

With the Tribal Council vote looming, Shane and Terry are comfortable, feeling that Danielle is sure to be the next one to go. Terry, now resolved to take Shane to the Final Two, is looking past this Tribal Council and ahead to the Final Four. Unbeknownst to Shane, Aras, Danielle and Cirie have allied to vote out Shane. Aras, feeling that Shane broke the alliance when he planned to take Courtney to the Final Two, has no qualms about voting him out. Shane, clearly on the bubble, is oblivious to his impending doom. "I think I've set myself up so that I'm safe," he boasts. "I feel like at this point I could be anybody. I feel like I could."

At Tribal Council, Shane is blindsided, coming out on the short end of a 3-2 split decision. Stunned by the betrayal, Shane becomes the 12th castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg

THE VERDICT IS IN

Aras Named Sole Survivor

Thirty-nine days, sixteen Survivors, four tribes, isolation on Exile Island, alliances and lies, a medical evacuation, an incredible rivalry and finally, one Sole Survivor. Aras Baskauskas, the 24-year-old yoga instructor from Santa Monica, California, made proper alliances and proves a major force around camp to secure the Jury vote that names him Sole Survivor of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND and winner of the $1 million prize. Aras was a leader from the beginning, making power moves openly and behind the scenes. Being viewed as the only hope to defeat the seemingly unstoppable Terry Deitz in Challenges put Aras within striking distance of the Finale.

SPARKS FLY

At Tribal Council on night 36, Danielle and Cirie each sit before fire pits, set to square off in the tiebreaker Challenge that will decide their fate in the game. On host Jeff Probst's "go", the two women hastily begin scraping magnesium from the flint into their fire pits. Cirie is first to produce a healthy flame, but it's short-lived and winks out almost as soon as it appears. Not to be outdone, Danielle follows with an impressive flame of her own, but that too dies out quickly. Changing her strategy, Danielle begins to build a teepee of kindling to protect a small flame burning at the center. Cirie rallies another small flame and nurtures it to a healthy size. But in the end, Danielle's strategy wins out when her kindling ignites, setting flame to the rope and releasing her flag, sending Cirie out of the competition and onto the Jury. As her torch is snuffed, Cirie becomes the thirteenth castaway voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

01.jpg

FINAL THREE

Returning to camp after Tribal Council, Danielle is riding high on her sudden-death victory over Cirie. But Danielle is not the only one ecstatic about Tribal Council's outcome. Terry, feeling secure in his new-formed alliance with Danielle, appears to have a numbers advantage for the first time in the game. "I've been extremely happy since Tribal Council when Danielle won," he explains. "Danielle and I have a pact, so that if either one of us wins, we'll take the other one to the final. So we have a 66 percent chance of getting to the final. Danielle and I are going to take it to Aras, and we're going to go to the finals."

02.jpg

ALPHA MALES

Rising on the morning of day 37, Terry is eager to show off his now-obsolete (formerly) hidden Immunity Idol. When Terry beams that he's had the idol hidden in his shorts pocket the entire time, Aras seems unimpressed. When the two fierce rivals venture out to catch fish for the day's first meal, the expedition seems to be driven just as much by competition as by hunger. Terry is first back to camp with a sack of five small fish, while Aras returns with a sack of three rather large ones. Danielle, who's been observing the two alpha dogs, offers this summation: "Terry and Aras? Deep down inside, we all know that they don't like each other. [because] Aras has beat out Terry in the past two Challenges, Terry's ready for revenge. I can see it. So, Aras better give him a run for his money at the Immunity Challenge, or else Aras will be going home."

03.jpg

REWARD CHALLENGE: WALL TO WALL

Aras, Danielle and Terry convene with Jeff Probst, who explains that for this Reward Challenge, the Survivors must race to the top of a three-story climbing wall using four individually-shaped pegs. First, they must make their way through a table maze. Once at the end of the maze, each will release a bag containing their first two pegs and move to a spinning wheel. Reading the clues, each must spin the wheel clockwise, counter-clockwise, and clockwise again like a combination lock to find the one bag that contains their final two pegs. With the help of the pegs, the players must get to the top of the wall and place their pegs in the proper slots, which will raise a flag. The first person to raise their flag wins the Reward: a high-protein meal and a cot to take back to camp. This Reward will give the winner a huge advantage in the upcoming Immunity Challenge.

04.jpg

The game begins with Aras, Danielle and Terry pushing through the maze. Aras flies through the brainteaser to release his pegs and move on to the spinning wheel, while Danielle and Terry hit dead ends and have to backtrack to the beginning. Terry works quickly to make up ground, reaching the end of the maze and releasing his first set of pegs. Aras methodically works the spinning wheel to find his second set of pegs and move onto the climbing wall, with Terry hot on his heels. Danielle struggles with the spinning wheel, putting her virtually out of the Challenge, while Terry has found a hidden reserve to pull even with Aras on the climbing wall. Terry pulls off a miraculous come-from-behind victory as he speedily places his four pegs in their slots to release his flag and win the Reward.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

While Terry is eating his high-protein Reward, Aras and Danielle are back at camp preparing fish from the morning's catch. Aras is quick to make light of Terry's Reward, but when Terry returns to camp with his cot slung over his shoulder and reveals the details of his Reward meal, it is clear that both Aras and Danielle are envious. Always looking for an edge, Aras has this to say about Terry's apparent dominance: "There's absolutely an advantage to having a meal the day before the biggest Immunity Challenge of the game. The thing of it is, though, it can also be a psychological disadvantage. Now the onus to win is really on you. Everybody expects you to win now. You're Super Dad, and you've got all this food in your body. That kind of puts the pressure on Terry."

05.jpg

RITE OF PASSAGE

After receiving an early morning Tree Mail, the Final Three were instructed to pay tribute to their fallen tribemates. Taking one last trip to Exile Island, Aras, Terry and Danielle take an emotional journey across the once-dreaded isle, where they find the torches of their former tribemates. After reflecting on their 38 days in Panama, Danielle, Aras and Terry place the torches on Exile Skull before setting it ablaze. The Final Three say their final goodbyes to Exile Island, where they'd all spent time in solitude, before heading to the Final Immunity Challenge.

06.jpg

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: BALANCE OF POWER

The Final Three convene with Jeff Probst one last time to hear him explain that the Final Immunity Challenge will be a test of balance. Starting on the largest of a series of floating platforms, every fifteen minutes the Final Three will move to the next smaller platform. As the platforms get smaller, it will get tougher for the Survivors to maintain their balance. Only their feet can touch the platform. If their hands touch the platform or they fall off, they are eliminated. The last person standing wins Immunity and a guaranteed slot in the Final Two.

As the Challenge begins, all three Survivors calmly balance themselves with Zen-like stillness. After fifteen minutes, it's on to the next platform, and with a little teetering, all three are able to maintain their balance. After another fifteen minutes, it's time to move on to an even smaller platform. With only a minute to regain their balance, Terry and Aras struggle, while Danielle is steady as a rock. Aras is able to find his balance, but Terry is clearly struggling. With seconds remaining on the minute, Terry pulls himself to his feet. Shaky but balanced, he holds on with everything he's got. Unfortunately, it's not enough, and Terry loses his balance, making him the first eliminated from the Final Immunity Challenge. Aras, teetering as well, but balanced nonetheless, holds on, while former gymnast Danielle easily maintains her balance. Suddenly, Danielle gives Aras a meaningful nod, and he deliberately jumps off the platform into the water, handing Danielle the victory, Immunity in the next Tribal Council and safe passage to the Final Two.

07.jpg

TORN BETWEEN TWO MEN

Returning to camp from the Final Immunity Challenge, Danielle is courted heavily by both Terry and Aras. While on a trip to the water well, Terry pleads his case with Danielle, telling her that he would definitely be taking her to the Final Two had he won Immunity. Terry points to the Casaya-dominated Jury as being pro-Danielle, while Danielle expresses worry that Casaya would see it as a betrayal if she took Terry to the Final Two. When Terry ventures out on a fishing expedition, Aras makes his move aggressively, telling Danielle that if she doesn't take him, she will lose not only his vote, but Cirie's as well. He also reminds Danielle that he threw the Final Immunity Challenge based on her head nod. "Aras is very manipulative," Danielle laments. "That's why I'm hesitant to take him or even listen to what he says, because I want the million dollars. I'm not going to base my losing the million dollars to, 'oh, I told Aras I would take him.' I'm going to go with what I think. This is how I've played the game so far, and I believe that's why I am where I am right now."

08.jpg

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Faced with the difficult choice between Terry and Aras, Danielle struggles to make the right decision, but in the end, Casaya loyalty wins out, and she votes Terry out of the game. When his torch is snuffed, Terry becomes the seventh member of the Jury and the fourteenth person voted out of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND. Moments after being voted out, Terry admits that letting someone else choose his fate was the biggest mistake he's made in the game.

MEDICAL EMERGENCY!

On the morning of day 39, Danielle and Aras awake to find a breakfast feast waiting for them at Tree Mail. Eggs, bacon, pancake batter, fruit, orange juice and champagne are a sight for sore eyes for the Final Two. After their hearty breakfast, Danielle and Aras venture out onto the rock jetty with the bottle of champagne and glasses in hand to toast the Final Two. With bottle in one hand and a glass in the other as he navigates the rocky terrain, Aras falters, slips and falls, sending shards of glass into his back and hand. With Danielle's help, Aras makes his way back to camp and waits for the medical team to arrive. Despite taking several stitches in his back and hand, Aras maintains a sense of humor throughout: "I got my butt kicked out here by the elements. I got my butt kicked by Terry Deitz a lot of the time. I got my butt kicked by my own shortsightedness, falling down on the rocks. Despite the fact that I made it 39 days, I feel like my ego has been crushed."

FINAL TWO

With the sun waning on the horizon, Danielle and Aras pause to reflect before making the trek to Tribal Council. The Jury decision weighing heavily on his mind, Aras remarks, "Falling down and hurting myself today reminded me just how human I am, and reminded me just how much of a game this is. What that is saying, look Aras, you don't have to be a Superman. You don't have to be a superhero, and you'll be okay. And so with that perspective coming into Tribal Council, maybe I'll be able to connect with people at a deeper level. That's the hope."

09.jpg

Danielle, on the other hand, has a different perspective, noting confidently, "I can't really say there's one thing that I've learned about myself coming into this. It just drew a clearer picture for me. It let me know I'm strong. I'm a strong, independent woman, and I knew I could get through it, and I did it. I'm so proud of myself. I just hope people dig deep tonight on the jury. I hope they pick the right person." As the sun sets in the West, the Final Two trek to their last Tribal Council.

As the Final Two take a seat at Tribal Council, the Jury assembles to ask the questions that will help them decide who will win the million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor. After the opening statements, each Jury member has the chance to address Danielle and Aras. The questions touch on honor, pride, regret and game-play. Danielle says she has no regrets and played the best game she could. Aras is also proud of the way he played. Both Danielle and Aras answer the questions honestly and openly.

Following a final statement by both Aras and Danielle, the Jury casts their final vote and awards Aras the $1 million and the title of Sole Survivor of SURVIVOR: PANAMA--EXILE ISLAND.

10.jpg