BIG BROTHER AUSTRALIA

hanklee

It is almost that time again folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Brother Australia begins season six on April 23!!!!

I hope to be able (as I did last year) to bring you all of the news that is fit to print from our house Down Under (and some that is not).

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Here are a couple items that I have found...

Two possibe shots from inside the new Big Brother House

bb_eye_teaser.jpg

bb_eye_teaser2.jpg

The interior of the 2006 house will feature Asian themed decor.

The house will feature vibrant, deep colours.

The infamous stripping pole is set to make a return, however this time its in the bedroom instead of in the living room.

There will be 16 housemates entering the house.

BB will be having a "surprise eviction" on Sunday April 30, only one week from the launch of the series.

Nominations will begin the following day (May 1).

May 1 will also feature a special titled "BB: The Revenge". Fans have speculated that nominated housemates may be given powers to affect nominations.

The Big Brother Official Site Big Brother Australia has a couple rumors that are kind of funny...

Big Brother has been amused to hear various rumours about the upcoming series. These have included:

This series will feature a housemate giving birth live on TV. This was done in Holland's Big Brother last year, but unlike in the Dutch House, both parents of Australia's BB baby will be in the house.

BB06 will (as per usual) run at the same time in Australia and the UK - but this time producers will take advantage of the parallel paths. There will be a massive international exchange with several HMs criss-crossing the globe to spend time in both houses.

A former nun is among the final hopefuls vying for inclusion in this year's BB House. Apparently she is not your average 'Bride of Christ' and has a VERY different take on things.

This year's BB house will have an upstairs 'his and hers' penthouse which will be introduced during a 'battle of the sexes' task.

Sources close to the production have apparently spoken of a new structure in the BB garden. The structure is hidden beneath a huge heavy-duty tarpaulin, but it is said to be made entirely of glass. A glasshouse 'sin bin' perhaps?

Big Brother wishes to neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of any of these rumours.

As soon as I find anything new, I will post it. If you find anything, PLEASE post it!!!!!

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Big Brother season well and truly getting underway with BBUK back next month as well!

It's stupid though - the US series doesn't begin until July - but already we know more about it than the Aussie series that begins next week!

BB Australia premieres on Sun 23rd April - but the HGs will move in 24 hours earlier.

Here are some photos from the auditions for upcoming Season 2006

bb_v_03_002.thumb.jpegbb_v_01_002.thumb.jpegbb_v_07_002.thumb.jpeg

bb_h_11_002.thumb.jpegbb_h_06_002.thumb.jpegbb_h_12_002.thumb.jpeg

bb_h_10_002.thumb.jpegbb_h_09_002.thumb.jpegbb_h_13_002.thumb.jpeg

Note that Tim from 2005 (center shot) was on hand for the party.

for all of the shots go to Vidguide.Com

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

We now have a picture of the new BB House....

house.gif

For those of you who were here last year, you can see that there have been a few changes!!!!

Oh, Yea... Only 2 Days To Go

Although we won't be able to see them until sometime late tomorrow, the housemates should be getting ready to enter the new Big Brother house in about 2 hours from now. I wish them luck!!!

thanks hanklee for posting all this info. Last year when I saw your post on BB Australia, I got hooked right away. it didnt hurt that they have free live feeds for the public!!!

Its also nice that it starts now..... takes a little of the edge off of the craving I get for our own BB. The only thing that sucks is the time difference. I never get to see them during their day cause its in the weeee hours here. unless i stay up very late ( which i did on the weekends last year)

:)

We now have an advance look at most of the new houseguests for Big Brother Australia 2006....

But it seems that there has been a problem with one of the men, there are only 7. Yet there are a full 8 women. So the current total is 15 housemates that are already in the house, although the public will not meet them until Sunday night's live show (Brisbane time). Here are the photos of the lucky 15...

666_anna_bluebkgrd.jpg666_ashley_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_camilla_bluebkgrd.jpg666_claire_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_david_bluebkgrd.jpg666_dino_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_elise_bluebkgrd.jpg666_gaelan_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_jamie_bluebkgrd.jpg666_john_bluebkgrd.jpg

Since you can only post 10 photos at once, I will post the rest in the next one....

Here are the rest of the photos...

666_karan_bluebkgrd.jpg666_katie_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_krystal_bluebkgrd.jpg666_michael_bluebkgrd.jpg

666_tilli_bluebkgrd.jpg

Hopefully BB will find a replacement for the lost HM soon.... We don't want an odd number in the house, although the HM themselves always turn out to be odd, in one way or another.

Anyhow, its off to the races with another year in the Aussie Big Brother House. Horray!!!!!!

do they have free feeds?

never mind found my answer

The new Big Brother Premium section will give website members the option to pay for the ultimate BB website experience including:

unlimited streaming from the House

loads of daily highlight packages of all the best action in the House

exclusive web access to the Adults Only area of the website

behind-the-scenes footage, TV outtakes and other exclusive video

an exclusive Premium forum and exclusive Premium member competitions

For those not wanting to pay the extra cash for Premium (or not able to due to the age restrictions) you will still be able to access limited free streaming from the House as well as regular video highlights. You'll also be able to access all your old favourites such as the forums, trivia and housemate profiles.

We've got plenty of other surprises up our sleeves which will be revealed in the coming weeks, but you'll just have to sit tight to see what they are.

The Live Feeds will begin at 7:30 PM Sunday Brisbane time. That is 5:30 AM Eastern Daylight or 2:30 AM Pacific on Sunday.. For me that will be 4:30 in the morning. I am going to try to be up then so I can see the start. I missed it last season. The housemates have already been in the house since early in the afternoon on Saturday the 22nd. No video yet! :(

As the site says, the Live Feeds will be available for all, but in two forms. The free version (non-Premium members) will be interspaced with advertisements (commercials) and some restrictions as to what will be shown. For those of us who pay the $39.95 AUS or $29.50 US we will get non-interrupted feeds and no restrictions as to content. Nudity and all will be right there. Premium members will alse have access to recaps and highlight video from each day.

As in the past, the continuious diary will be posted every 5 or so minutes on the website. This has a continual series of entries of everything of importance that happens and any dialog (not completely verbatum) between HM that pertains to the show. You don't have to pay to see this diary.

I will try to post selected video captures on the forum each day or so. I will also keep you up to date on nominations and evictions throughout the 100 days of the season.

Here to a great season in the house!!!!

As Hanklee is probably still in bed, a couple of updates from the launch:

The "World First" is there is a mother and daughter in the house - Karen and Krystal. If they keep this a secret for a week, they will be immune from next weeks nominations. If they are discovered though they will both be up for eviction, while if they reveal it themselves one of them will be evicted.

The thing is though it's not a World First - the Greek version of the show actually had the mothers of all the housemates in the house!

Second twist is the "Insider", who each week must complete a secret task to stay in the house. If they pass, they win immunity. If they fail, they are up for eviction.

The Insider will be chosen by the viewers from a shortlist of three. I've yet to workout how these three were selected.

Ah-Ha!! No my friend, I was up and waithing for it way before the feeds started. Check out the new topic on News!! I have both of these and a couple more!!!

OK.... hope you're satisfied... I just signed up for the Free Live Feeds :angry:

Don't know what time of the day it is there (7:30 pm here EST)... but, there's some bare chested guys lifting weights (not bad by the way) and a couple girls doing knee bends.

Guess I'll have to find the 'time difference' site to get an idea of their time of day.

................................................................................

......... hmmm.... just tried to get back in to the live feeds -and- it said they had reached FULL CAPACITY... please try later OR sign up for the PAID FEEDS....

oh well.... it was fun for a few minutes :mellow:

OK.... hope you're satisfied... I just signed up for the Free Live Feeds :angry:

Don't know what time of the day it is there (7:30 pm here EST)... but, there's some bare chested guys lifting weights (not bad by the way) and a couple girls doing knee bends.

Guess I'll have to find the 'time difference' site to get an idea of their time of day.

................................................................................

......... hmmm.... just tried to get back in to the live feeds -and- it said they had reached FULL CAPACITY... please try later OR sign up for the PAID FEEDS....

oh well.... it was fun for a few minutes :mellow:

well pokey... same here. it is definatly not like it was last year. maybe in a week or so it will calm down and the feeds will be working better. and dont forget it is the weekend so lots of people are on. i found that during the week i had no trouble getting the feeds in the am hours (when i got to work i would put them on)

however, this year they are saying they will be limited free feeds, so i dont know how that will figure into it. the time difference is like 12 hours or something like that. i am on the east coast and i think when it is say 9am here it is maybe 9 or 12pm there. so if you get on at night here and its 9pm.... its early next morning for them. needless to say we miss their whole day cause we are sleeping!

last year i hardly ever ran into problems with the live feeds. i dont know how this year will be now that there is a paid membership along with free membership. i sure as hell wont pay for a bb show that i dont get to see on tv! i save that for our own BBUSA!!!!!

i am really hoping that the do away with the paid membership. its makeing them all go nuts over there. even the ones that paid are pissed. they need to go back to the way it was last year.

From what I understand the free feeds are limited to three "sessions" a day - with each session no more than 15 minutes.

Premium users aren't too happy though, complaining the feeds are even less uninterupted than the free feeds last year. In a three hour period yesterday morning, feeds were cut for a total of 70 minutes.

Personally I'm not too bothered about the feeds - it's the clips I use to follow the series. I'm thinking rather than subscribe for the series, I'll wait till the last couple of weeks and get a cheap 2 week subscription and then go through the archives!

It's Anzac Day Tuesday (public holiday) so many people will be home from work. My mother took Monday off so she had a 4 day weekend. Some people make a holiday of it and take two weeks off work starting Good Friday. You take less days from your allocate 4 weeks a year.

She also lives in Perth and that's 12 hours in front of me (VA). When we're all getting up for the day they're sitting at the computer watching BB Aust.

The time difference for Eastern time is 14 hours.. So if it is 0900 in the morning at your place it will be 1100 at night there. So for Central it is 15 hours, Mountain 16, and Pacific 17 hours ahead.

Right now it is 10:27AM Monday here in Alabama and it is 01:27AM Tuesday there outside Brisbane Australia..

hanklee to the rescue AGAIN! thanks for the time difference post. i knew it was something like that.

PS.... the live feeds suck! i am really not liking it this year. they are either choppy or have reach full capacity. last year was much better.

i wonder if the paid feeds are any better... not that i am willing to pay for them!

Archived