Sign in to follow this  
ART VAN DELAY

Smallville (includes SPOILERS)

Dade   

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of:SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.12: Reckoning (100th episode)

Airdate: January 26, 2006

• 01/20 - In an interview by Craig Byrne, Alfred Gough reveals: [The death]'s definitely going to force him to take a look at his life, and realize that the decisions you could make as a high school kid and the decisions you make as a young adult are vastly different, and it's a step closer from becoming the Superboy to Superman. I think [fans]'ll like the way the character dies. [Terence Stamp's Jor-El character will factor into the 100th episode.] Source: KryptonSite
  • 01/11 - Clark brings Lana to the caves. Then, he puts his silver key in the slot and both are taken to the Fortress of Solitude. He comes clean to Lana (he wasn't adopted and is from Krypton) and then proposes. Later, Lana and Clark talk on the phone. She just left a drunken Lex. She warns Clark about the fact that Lex knows Clark's secret and that it looked like Lex thought she knew too. Lex chases Lana in his car. He pulls up beside her and tells her to pull over to finish talking and she looks away for a split second and... Clark, having heard everything via his cell, rushes to the scene. Source: slave2WB [Note: Slave2WB has been a reliable spoilers source in the past.]

Episode 5.13: Vengeance

Airdate: February 2, 2006

• 01/20 - A mysterious female vigilante (Denise Quinones) stalks the Suicide Slums, and her path crosses Clark's as they both seek the same criminal; meanwhile, LuthorCorp experiences a shakeup. Source: TV Guide Online

Episode 5.16: Hypnotic

Airdate: February 23, 2006 (unconfirmed)

• 01/20 - In an interview by Craig Byrne, Alfred Gough reveals: [brainiac's] plan is to release Zod from the Phantom Zone. He sort of made that crystal clear when he was in the Fortress. So he's going to be back, and his first attempt was foiled, but now he's got a bigger, badder attempt and it involves Lex as well, which obviously makes Clark's life much more difficult. So he's back and badder than ever. Source: KryptonSite

General Season 5 Spoilers:

01/20 - In an interview by Craig Byrne, Alfred Gough reveals: [Actually seeing Jor-El on the show is] an ongoing conversation. It's something that we hope to do. But it's not only the movie people, it's Terence [stamp]'s schedule and quite frankly how it fits into the storytelling. There could be an appearance by General Zod [in an upcoming episode]. Source: KryptonSite

Dade   

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Smallville's 100th: Whose Number Is Up?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060123insider1.jpg

Tom Welling and Kristen Kreuk, Smallville

Psst. I'm going to let you in on a little secret: The 100th episode of WB's Smallville, airing this Thursday at 8 pm/ET, features the death of a major character. "No!" you exclaim. "You're making this up!" "First I've heard!" OK, enough, you wisenheimers. Still, much secrecy (some of it rather effective) has surrounded the ill-fated Smallviller's identity, and while this Q&A isn't about to blab who it is, we thought it'd be interesting to chat up cocreator Al Gough about... yeah, that.

TVGuide.com: You must feel like this is all you've talked about for half your life, don't you?

Al Gough: [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: You never want to hear "100th-episode death" again, do you?

Gough: [still laughing] "100th-episode death hoopla!"

TVGuide.com: But first, is WB ready to announce that Smallville has been picked up for next season?

Gough: No. That would be great, but no word yet. We're confident, though!

TVGuide.com: Enough digression. Regarding the "100th-episode death," how beholden do you and Miles Millar keep yourselves to the Superman movies' mythology when determining characters' fates? Do you feel like you can't kill someone we've already seen alive in the films? Is that a hard-and-fast rule?

Gough: No, not necessarily, to be perfectly honest. We feel like in our show, as in the various Superman comics, [the characters] can each sort of exist in their own reality. It's not something that is necessarily synched up to the movie franchise, past or present.

TVGuide.com: So with all due respect to Annette O'Toole, who played Lana in Superman III, you conceivably could kill off Lana.

Gough: Exactly. We kept ourselves open to that. It could be any of the characters

Dade   

R. I. P. Jonathon

Loving Husband and father.

Dade   

Courtsy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Smallville

060127water.jpg

Even though the hype factor spiked to something like 25 on a scale of 1 to 10 regarding Smallville's 100th episode (you know, the one where someone close to Clark will die!), I really tried to be good and stay spoiler-free. But, of course, that didn't stop my inquiring mind from speculating. And I felt in my gut that the doomed one was going to be either Lana or Jonathan. And when Lana died, I just knew it was too easy. That first half of the show seemed like the recent Lexmas dream: It was all very fleeting and just not real. So when Clark begged his bioDad to let Lana live, I knew Mr. Kent was in trouble. After I finally accepted the inevitable

Dade   

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 5.14: Tomb

Airdate: February 9, 2006

• 01/26 - The spirit of a young girl is released after Lois finds a corpse in the walls of the Talon. Clark and Lois must follow the trail of the spirit and find her killer, who has been preying on girls in Smallville for the past 10 years. When Lois is suddenly kidnapped, Clark comes to the rescue. Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Source: The WB

Episode 5.15: Cyborg

Airdate: February 16, 2006

• 01/23 - [Cyborg]'s basically a kid who was a star high-school football player, had a full ride to USC, and then was in a massive car accident, and LuthorCorp, experimenting on what's essentially bionics, sort of put him back together - but potentially for a more nefarious scheme than just helping out this kid. The issues he deals with, it's like Robocop - "How much man am I? How much of a machine am I?" Clark helps this kid figure out how his radically different life isn't necessarily a curse, and how he can get these powers under control, find his humanity and go on and live life. Source: TV Guide Online

Episode 5.17: Void

Airdate: April 2006

• 01/26 - Roles being cast for this episode include a character named Dean, some reporters, a Hondouran boy, Allie, and most curiously, "Mr. & Mrs. Lang." Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.18: Fragile

Airdate: April 2006

• 01/27 - We meet a little 11-year-old girl named Maddie Van Horn whose foster parent, Naomi, works as a Chief of Staff for Senator [Highlight if you want to be that spoiled!..............Martha Kent...] Maddie is "wise beyond her years." She'd rather play on her computer than eat her dinner. She tells Naomi "you're not my mom." When Maddie is scolded by Naomi, she looks angry and her teeth clench and a water pitcher on the table shatters. More things start to shatter as Maddie gets angry, and something tragic happens... conveniently right before Clark comes over to pick up some things for his mom. Clark takes Maddie back home and talks to Martha and they hope to calm Maddie down. She's shocked over what has happened. Clark and Martha think that whatever bad things happened, were done by someone else - not Maddie - perhaps unaware of her powers. Maddie sounds a bit too mature about all that's happened, saying that she's been to so many foster homes that it is hard to get attached. "Things will get better," Clark tells her. Maddie says it's easy for him to say, because he has a real family. He reveals to Maddie that he is adopted. Maddie makes a bulb break in the Kents' house, which raises suspicion. We learn about why Maddie has gone from foster home to foster home. She insists she has nothing to do with whatever horrible thing happened to Naomi.Lois overhears Clark confronting Maddie about her powers, and Lois insists on calling the sheriff before they, too, are "sliced and diced." Clark isn't sure that Maddie is guilty. Source: KryptonSite

Dade   

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: There are rumors going around that the rest of Smallville's season will be heavily focused on the possible romantic relationship between Lex and Lana. Is there any truth to this?

Dade   

Clark vs. Lex: "It's Going to Explode!"

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060202insider2.jpg

Tom Welling, Smallville

Last week, WB's Smallville (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET) finally pulled the trigger on its much-trumpeted 100th-episode death, as John Schneider's Jonathan crossed over to that big farmhouse in the sky. Seeing as Clark's pop all but died at the hands of Lex's own dad, is one of comicdom's all-time great rivalries ready to rumble?

"It's a turning point," says Tom Welling, Smallville's young Man of Steel. "The episodes we're doing now are even better, I think, than what we've done in the past. From [here] on, the show is going to be very different from what it's been. We're finally going to be what the audience wanted the show to be."

What many Smallville fans wanted the show to be was darker, more brooding... less about coeds in angst and more about a superhero's genesis. "In the past, it was all different shades of the same ideas or characters going, 'We got in an argument last night. Let's get in another argument,'" Welling observes. "Now we've come to a point where these characters are saying, 'Let's start moving forward. Let's figure out why we're not getting along. Let's see if our relationship works.' Or, in cases like Clark and Lex, saying, 'You're not who I thought you were.'"

Indeed, in light of recent and imminent developments, Welling says, "We're going to start seeing the Lex Luthor and Clark Kent rivalry. It's going to explode a lot faster than it has in the past."

In doing so, the meatiest bits of Superman mythology will at long last take flight, even if Clark himself doesn't. "I find it much more interesting to concentrate on the development of [Clark] and show what happened in his life to make him the Superman that we all know him to be," says Welling. "To put on the cape or put on the tights and start flying around... makes things too easy for Clark."

Besides, suiting up and getting airborne would give Welling's alter ego a bit too much in common with Brandon Routh's Man of Steel, swooping into theaters this summer in Superman Returns. How the film might impact TV's Smallville

Dade   

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Smallville

This is the one after Bo Duke died. Martha's looking understandably haggard. Clark is superangry and doesn't want anyone to help him with his grief. Well, Mama Kent tries to give him Jonathan's watch, but he says no. Then she takes some of Papa Kent's clothes to the Metropolis homeless shelter, where she gets mugged and then saved by some flying masked woman. Chloe dubs her the "Angel of Vengeance." This is when the show again digs out its trusty anvil and hits us over the head with the similarities between this mysterious heroine and the superman Clark grows up to be. Turns out the Angel of Vengeance has a day job as, get this, a mild-mannered reporter for "The Daily Planet." She changes in a phone booth (boo!). She also helps Clark get in touch with his inner angerball (that's a Playing by Heart reference, one of my favorite movies). This is where I imagined Clark getting his hot little hands on some red kryptonite, 'cause in my world, there isn't a better Clark than one who's hopped up on the red stuff. But no go. Meanwhile, Lex saps out and tells Lana he'll be there for her when she needs someone to lean on, although I'm pretty sure what he wants to do with Lana has nothing to do with leaning. Well, maybe a little leaning. (OK, lots.) At the end of the episode, we saw Jonathan and little Clark in an early Kent-family home video. Then the camera went in tight on Jonathan's ruggedly handsome face right when he waved goodbye. Martha and Clark cry. And I had to take a time-out to collect my thoughts and wipe the pesky dust that flew into my eye at that very moment. Yeah, that's what it was: dust.

Dade   

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILFIX

Episode 5.15: Cyborg

Airdate: February 16, 2006

• 02/03 - Clark befriends Victor (Lee Thompson Young), the unwilling victimm of a cybernetics experiment at LuthorCorp, but Lex wants him back. Meanwhile, Martha may be the target of blackmail. Source: TV Guide Online
  • 02/01 - A sympathetic doctor releases a half-human/half-machine subject named Victor (guest star Lee Thompson Young) who was being held captive and experimented on by LuthorCorp. While making his escape, Victor is struck by Lana

Dade   

Smallville

After pretty much playing a kryptohag all season long, Allison Mack got an episode to call her very own. It was kind of a creepy possession story. Lightning zapped the Talon while Chloe was in the shower. Apparently, this woke up the spirit of some dead girl buried inside the wall of the bathroom. Before you could say "freak of the week," our girl reporter passed out and rewoke with her wrists slit and everyone thinking she tried to kill herself. I'd tell you more about what happened, but we only get so much space here, and the story became convoluted somewhere around the time a psycho orderly came into the picture. Although I have to say, it was nice to see Clark support Chloe for a change. Meanwhile, Lana will think of any excuse to go out and visit Lex, don't you think? But encouraging him to stick Chloe in Belle Reve? Not cool. And speaking of Lana, was that a breakup scene she had with Clark? I surely hope so. After losing his dad the way he did, there's no way those two can ever get back together, in my oh-so-humble opinion. Martha's taking over Jonathan's state-senate seat, a move that'll keep Mrs. Kent conveniently away from the farm a lot. And, at the end of the episode, Clark encouraged Chloe to visit her mentally ill mother. I'm not going to pretend I've watched every single Smallville episode ever, so I have no idea if this mental-illness thing was mentioned before. Anyway, she made the decision to go to the hospital, walked up to her mom and they shared an emotional reunion. But we didn't get to see her mother's face. Doesn't Chloe deserve more than a faceless mom? I think so.

Dade   

Question: Do you have any good Smallville scoop?

Dade   

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Smallville

I don't know about you, but I loved this episode. A few things: 1) Aquaman Shmaquaman. I want a Cyborg series right now! Hear that, CW execs? Come on: Lee Thompson Young will be available. (Sorry dude, that South Beach is baaaad.) 2) "Your secret's safe with me, Kal-El." Ex-squeeze me, what did you just say, Lionel? 3) Please explain to me how Lex Luthor did not win the state senate race. He can sound so convincing feigning innocence to Clark, and then in the next breath the liar's busy being bad. Really, really bad. Like playing with people's lives (and almost deaths) bad. 4) What's up with Lana and Clark? Are they broken up now? Because I'm still not sure. I think somebody's going to need to hit me over the head with the breakup anvil. Spell it out for me. The sooner the better.

I loved Victor and Clark working together

Dade   

Question: Can you tell me when Lana and Lex are going to hook up on Smallville?

Dade   

Airdate: April 13, 2006

• 02/22 - Lana plants a major lip-lock on Lex at the end of Episode 18. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Episode 5.19: Mercy

Airdate: April 20, 2006

• 02/21 - All we know so far is that the role of "Oni Demon/Lincoln Cole" is being cast, as is a "Limo Driver." Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.20: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 27, 2006

Episode 5.21: Oracle

Airdate: May 4, 2006

• 02/21 - Title from KryptonSite

Guest ranster627   
Guest ranster627

I haven't been posting in sci fi ... BUT, here is a prediction ... Lionel and Martha will get together ...

Dade   

Airdate: March 30, 2006

• 01/20 - In an interview by Craig Byrne, Alfred Gough reveals: [brainiac's] plan is to release Zod from the Phantom Zone. He sort of made that crystal clear when he was in the Fortress. So he's going to be back, and his first attempt was foiled, but now he's got a bigger, badder attempt and it involves Lex as well, which obviously makes Clark's life much more difficult. So he's back and badder than ever. Source: KryptonSite
  • 01/17 - Brainiac is coming back, and he's looking to enlist an unwitting Lex Luthor in making the world kneel before Zod. James Marsters is set to reprise his role as Dr. Milton Fine, the alter ego of supervillain Brainiac, on "Smallville" later this season. Marsters will make his return to "Smallville" in an episode called "Hypnotic," scheduled to air in the spring. In it, he'll try to use Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) fixation on the spaceship as a way to free General Zod from the Forbidden Zone (the general's two cohorts made an appearance in this season's premiere). Source: Zap2it

[*}01/06 - There are scientists in this one, as is that law enforcement character mentioned from "Tomb." There is also a character named "Sasha." Source: KryptonSite

Airdate: April 6, 2006

• 01/26 - Roles being cast for this episode include a character named Dean, some reporters, a Hondouran boy, Allie, and most curiously, "Mr. & Mrs. Lang." Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.20: Fade

• 03/03 - Clark is having a lot of problems accepting that he can't get involved in Lana's life now that they are not a couple anymore. He doesn't want her to get hurt by Lex. Chloe reminds him that Lana's life is... Lana's life. Graham Garrett, a wealthy "head hunter," Clark saved earlier in the episode, drops by the farm. He wants to repay his debt to Clark. Graham takes Clark to a Metropolis Hotel where he is throwing a huge party. Graham's date is Lois. In the hope to help Clark cope with the fact he is not with Lana anymore and to repay his debt, Graham hires Gia, a beautiful woman who looks a lot like Lana, to ensure Clark has a fantastic night. Clark declines Gia's "help." Seeing that Clark really loved Lana and that no duplicate will do, Graham offers to try to get Lana and Clark back together. Lex is attacked and brought to the hospital where Lana is by his side. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Dade   

Smallville

When this episode originally aired, we knew that Jorel, or someone posing as Jorel (namely Zod), had told Clark he was going to lose someone close to him.... You remember that little bit of info, right? Right. Anyway, in "Solitude," Clark came dangerously close to losing his mama after she got zapped by some great big red cloud of fiery energy that burst from the heavens

Dade   

• 03/10 - Lex discovers that Professor Fine, aka Brainiac (guest star James Marsters) is in Honduras and sets out to confront him. Clark meets a beautiful seductress named Simone (Nichole Hiltz) who uses a magical charm to make people succumb to her every wish. An enchanted Clark reveals his powers to Simone, who seizes the opportunity and demands that Clark kill Lex. Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance, Allison Mack, John Glover and Annette O

Dade   

Smallville

The 100th episode reairs in what needs to be the last repeat until July. Seriously, I'm in repeat overload. I've actually had to find other things to do with my time. Like, read. And although I do agree reading is FUNdamental, for a TV-obsessed girl like me, it's just not normal. So next week can't come fast enough, 'cause for the first time in five weeks, we'll get a new Smallville episode, and a little birdie tells me a certain fine guest star may make an appearance. That little birdie? The TVGuide.com listings.

OK, since this is the second time I've seen "Reckoning," and I know from the beginning Jonathan Kent is going to die, it's not as fun. For instance, I still have that damn James Blunt "You're Beautiful" song rattling around in my brain. It. Won't. Go. Away. The opening scenes where Clark tells Lana he's an alien, then proposes to her, then introduces her to his fortress of solitude, smacks of some overly melodramatic romance novel, superhero style. Although, now that I think about it, ditch the Fabio-wannabes and put Tom Welling on one of those cheesy covers and I'll be a romance-novel head in no time. No tears this time around for Jonathan Kent. Unfortunately, I'm still wiping away the tears from Lem's unfortunate demise on this week's The Shield (he was my favorite character!!!!), so I had none to spare. Sorry, John Schneider!

Dade   

• 03/21 - The March 27 issue of TV Guide reveals: The bad girl Simone in "Hypnotic," who puts Clark under her "supernatural spell," is actually recruited by Lex in order to not only find out the truth about Clark, but to break Lana and Clark up. Lex's plan goes awry, however, and Simone then hypnotizes Clark and sends him to kill Lex. Source: KryptonSite

Airdate: April 6, 2006

• 03/17 - Still distraught over her break-up with Clark, Lana experiments with a dangerous serum that allows her to flat-line and see her deceased parents again. A worried Clark rushes to save Lana from hurting herself, but ends up being injected with the kryptonite-laced serum by a rogue doctor (Patrick Currie). When Clark flat-lines, he is able to talk to his father, recently deceased Jonathan, who warns him that Lionel knows his secret. Meanwhile, Lionel continues to get closer to Martha. Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack also star. Source: The WB

• 03/23 - A little girl who possesses telekinetic powers is befriended by Clark, who discovers the talent runs in her family and is tied to the first meteor shower; Lex and Lana get closer and Chloe doesn't like it. Tom Welling directed this episode. Source: TV Guide Online

Episode 5.20: Fade

• 03/15 - Look for Lois to fall for a Smallville High grad who will turn out to be a hit man with meteor-freak powers. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

General Season 5 Spoilers:

03/15 - [Lex and Lana's relationship will last] long enough for Chloe to think she has a real chance with Clark. Lex is going to cook up a supervirus made of Ebola, smallpox, the hanta virus and over 20 more diseases. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Dade   

Question: Any Smallville scoop would be appreciated.

Dade   

Clark Versus Lex: Smallville Smackdown!

by Rich Sands

060330insider2.jpg

Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling, Smallville

Fans of WB's Smallville (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET) have long wondered when the friendship between Clark Kent and Lex Luthor would eventually crumble. The sizzling March 30 episode

Dade   

Smallville

You remember way, way, back when I said I love it when Clark goes bad

Dade   

SPOILER ALERT..HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

• 03/27 - Clark and Martha take in a little girl, Maddie (guest star Emily Herst), after her foster mother is brutally stabbed to death. However, after it is discovered that Maddie has the power to shatter glass, she becomes the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Chloe walks in on Lex and Lana during an intimate moment... Erica Durance also stars. Source: The WB

Episode 5.22: Vessel (Season finale)

Airdate: May 11, 2006

• 03/29 - [both Zod and Jor-El] will pop up in the season finale

Dade   

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

Smallville Faces Lawsuit

12:00 AM, 05-APRIL-06

welling_smallville_tn.jpg

A federal judge in Los Angeles has found that Smallville may be infringing on the copyrights held by the widow and daughter of Jerome Siegel, who created the Superboy character for DC Comics, Variety reported. The March 23 summary judgment also found that Joanne Siegel and Laura Siegel Larson had successfully recaptured the Superboy rights as of Nov. 17, 2004.

The ruling now throws into question the ownership of Smallville episodes that have run since that date. The judge denied a request by the defendants