Sign in to follow this  
ART VAN DELAY

Smallville (includes SPOILERS)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: From what I'm reading, Smallville is doing much better on Thursdays this year. I also have heard that the producers planned a five-year run, but I don't see why they'd quit when it's doing so well. Is this true? To me, this is by far the most interesting season, with Lex becoming totally evil, Chloe knowing the secret, Lionel normal or not (who knows?), Lana and Clark finally together, Tom Wopat coming to the show, and the totally cool new ways they show his powers (like jumping onto the missile).

Courtesy of: AOL TELEVISION, THE TATTLER

James Marsters Dishes About 'Smallville ,' Spike and More

Nov. 8

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Smallville

Paranoid much, Clark? I loved this episode. We got delusional Clark. Clark on acid, or in this case, silver kryptonite. Plus, we got lots of our favorite teach, Professor Fiiiine. So when the professor was schooling us on the powerful men who were betrayed by their best friends, you just knew we were in for a doozy of an episode. And thanks to the silvery meteor rock, Clark saw his best friend Chloe betray him. His dad betray him. And even his girlfriend Lana betray him. Like kissing Lex Luthor betray him. All these paranoid delusions resulted in one seriously ticked off and I might I add, sweaty-faced Clark. The boy just up and flung, choked and generally caused mayhem and destruction wherever those betrayals led him (OK, I'm being a bit melodramatic but not really). By the way, I have to admit that when Clark was going after Lana all psycho crazy it kinda reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of Angel

Smallville

Paranoid much, Clark? I loved this episode. We got delusional Clark. Clark on acid, or in this case, silver kryptonite. Plus, we got lots of our favorite teach, Professor Fiiiine. So when the professor was schooling us on the powerful men who were betrayed by their best friends, you just knew we were in for a doozy of an episode. And thanks to the silvery meteor rock, Clark saw his best friend Chloe betray him. His dad betray him. And even his girlfriend Lana betray him. Like kissing Lex Luthor betray him. All these paranoid delusions resulted in one seriously ticked off and I might I add, sweaty-faced Clark. The boy just up and flung, choked and generally caused mayhem and destruction wherever those betrayals led him (OK, I'm being a bit melodramatic but not really). By the way, I have to admit that when Clark was going after Lana all psycho crazy it kinda reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of Angel

Smallville

Professor Fiiiine takes a giant leap in airtime and what does he get for the effort? He gets spiked! Ironic

Smallville

This one

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Smallville's Lois Lane Has the Scoop!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

Deciding to follow in the footsteps of Noel Neill and Margot Kidder (and a pre-Housewives Teri Hatcher, for that matter) could not have been easy for Erica Durance, who joined WB's Smallville last season as Lois Lane. Nonetheless, the Canuck took the risk and has since settled into the role nicely, offering up an edgy take on the woman who will one day fancy herself an intrepid reporter and call herself Mrs. Superman. TVGuide.com leaped over a tall building at the chance to chat up the beauty about Clark Kent's romantic options, the tips she earned by stripping and the none-too-insignificant fact that her Lois has yet to show any journalistic leanings.

TVGuide.com: I imagine the mood on the set has to be good as Smallville racks up "super" ratings in its new Thursday time slot.

Erica: Durance: Yeah, we're always surprised year in and year out by what happens. Partially what's contributed to the ratings is the new time slot. Yes, there is some strong competition to go up against, but on Thursday everything is a little different. You have your sitcoms; there is a variety of shows. On Wednesday we were up against Lost and anything going up against that [faces a big hurdle]. Also spicing things up is the direction in which they have taken the story lines, having the characters grow up and therefore have to deal with more of the actual story of Superman. Clark has graduated and is dealing with some other things, and so are the other characters, and that pulls people into the show.

TVGuide.com: Series cocreator Al Gough told me in September that this season would be all about "payoff."

Durance: Yeah, I'm finding that with each episode that comes along, you go, "Wow."

TVGuide.com: Obviously, Clark has his share of possible love interests. In your opinion, what does Lois offer that Lana or Chloe do not?

Durance: We haven't actually gotten into any mudslinging or cat fights, as it were, but.... The other two girls, for the most part, so far have both had these crushes on Clark. Of course he has this "young love"/first love thing with Lana, when in comes this person who's quite sacrilegious about this whole idea of Clark and how wonderful he is; Lois cuts right through that. She just doesn't put up with any crap from anyone, whether it's from a good-looking farm boy or.... But there's this redeeming side to her, too, which Clark occasionally gets to see

Smallville

O Michael Rosenbaum, O Michael Rosenbaum, you rock as Lex Luthor! Smallville did a good job celebrating the holiday season. Lex was shot point-blank, leaving him on the verge of death (I know, not exactly screaming holiday cheer). While Lex hovered between life and death, he made a quick trip to an alternate plane of existence. Along with his late mom as a guide, it was bye-bye to Big City Lex and hello to Sexy Suburban Lexy, who was married to Lana Lang

Smallville

In the WB universe, this two-hour Smallville qualifies as a movie event. In my little world, they're repeats. Specifically, they are last season's finale and this year's season premiere. Nice try, WB. Jane Seymour tries to kick some Lana Lang butt, that is until Possessed Lana takes charge and stabs Jason Teague's mama with one of those precious stones everyone went all insane over. Speaking of Mr. Teague, it was sad to see him go out the way he did, looking all bloody and stupid in the Kent house. My favorite scene is still the Clark-and-Chloe confab in the hospital at the North Pole: "To me, you're more than a hero. You're a superhero." Yes, I got all warm and fuzzy after she said this, making me the biggest sap on the planet. I'm well aware of this fact.

I still think that Clark defeated the followers of Zod way too easily. Those two idiots don't know a thing about follow-through. They had Clark on the ropes. He was about to slip away into that other dimension or whatever it was; then they turned their backs to walk away. Clark had no problem getting the upper hand. Fools. You know, seeing the beginnings of the Fortress of Solitude, hearing Terence Stamp's voice and witnessing James Marsters transform from liquid to solid all over again, was a one-two-three punch of Smallville goodness.

Smallville

This is the one where Clark and Lana get together for the first time, but I remember it fondly because it showed just how fierce a character Chloe has become. Our favorite farm boy is all powerless and is forced to rely on his best friend to help save Lana and his parents from The Shield's Lemonhead and the Powder twins. Allison Mack had some great lines. Here's a good one: "I didn't realize superwhining was one of your powers." And I loved this exchange between Chloe and Clark: "So what you're saying is that now that you're human you have absolutely no useful skills. Not so much." Yup, I

I like that Bettina Charles. She still has the witty reviews even though we're already into the repeats. :)

SPOILER ALERT.......HIGHLIGHT TO SEE.....ALSO DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Smallville airs on Thursdays at 8 p.m. EST.

Episode 5.10: Fanatic

Airdate: January 12, 2006

12/23 - Jonathan receives threats on his life from a mysterious source who urges him to drop out of the senate race. Later, Clark finds his dad bloody and beaten and becomes determined to find his attacker. He later discovers that a group of Lex's followers are determined to do anything to see that Lex wins the election. Lois' life is threatened when she's captured and asked to assassinate Jonathan during his speech. Lionel offers to give Martha money to help Jonathan's campaign. Lana is convinced that the answers she is looking for lie in researching the first meteor shower. Allison Mack also stars. Source: The WB

10/17 - Lex arranges a photo-op at the hospital, because "the nurses' union is key in the 49th district." Some students are wearing "Vote for Lex" shirts. By the way, the office both Lex and Jonathan are running for is senator. One of the members of the Central Kansas Students for Lex Luthor is a tight-shirted 21-year-old named Samantha Dunn. Lex meets with her and her friends and thanks them for their support. "The youth vote is stronger than we expected and I have you to thank for that," he says. Lex refers to the Kent campaign as "now rudderless." Samantha is the president of the Students for Lex Luthor. Samantha wants to take a picture of her, and she makes sure she gets the photo taken in front of a particular item. Her knowledge of Lex's history impresses him. Lois is stapling Jonathan Kent posters on a campus kiosk - over Lex Luthor posters. Clark suggests that is bad sportsmanship, and that she should be a little more professional. "I can be professional," she tells him. Chloe digs for details and she learns that Samanatha may in actuality be more than they bargained for. She may actually be dangerous. Samantha shows up on Lex's bed, with a new shorter, darker haircut. "I hear you prefer brunettes," she tells him. She makes a reference to Jonathan Kent being "out of the picture" now. "I'd never condone what happened to Mr. Kent," he says. Jonathan has been attacked in some way, and Lex suggests that Samantha is the one who did it. Samantha exhibits an encyclopedic amount of knowledge about Lex, referencing certain interviews he has done in the past throughout the conversation. Some associates of Samantha's break into Lex's mansion at night, and they use the birthday of Lex's brother as the security code. (Julian's we imagine, since Lucas is virtually forgotten.) We learn what Samantha's ultimate goal in this story is and that she plans on pinning the blame on Lex Luthor - "but don't worry, you have an alibi," she tells him. Note: Casting breakdowns have requested that the actress taking the role of Samantha (which may now be called "Roxanne") must be willing to shave her head on camera for the role. They want someone who is "drop dead gorgeous" and describe it as a "big" role. Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.11: Lockdown (fka "Closer")

Airdate: January 19, 2006

10/26 - Lex and Jonathan are now neck to neck in the state senate election. Lex is quite unpleased by it. His campaign manager suggests finding something to use against Jonathan. Lex is ordered by police to evacuate the mansion as there has been a bomb threat. But he soon finds out that it's not exactly true when the police officers point their guns at him. It doesn't take too long for the scene to get worse and guns to be fired. Lex makes his way to a panic room without knowing that it wouldn't function properly thanks to what the "officers" did to it. If Lex wants to come out of this situation alive, he'll need to give them something he has been hiding for a while. the ship that landed during the last meteor shower. Eventually, Sheriff Adams and a deputy come to the mansion and look for Lex but will be more surprised by other people she finds on the scene. Lana somehow gets caught in all of this. Clark must find her and save the day! Chloe appears in the episode. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Episode 5.12: Reckoning (100th episode)

Airdate: January 26, 2006

12/21 - In addition to a major death, there will be a marriage proposal and we'll get another glimpse of the Fortress of Solitude. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

12/16 - The political campaign between Jonathan Kent and Lex Luthor heats up. It looks like Jonathan and Lionel have another confrontation. Whether it's Lionel or the manifestation of Jor-El in there, we do not know. It almost looks like Lois is a sniper at one of Jonathan's political rallies. It looks like the episode ends with a graveyard scene, and there is a lot of snow. Source: KryptonSite

11/28 - About the death: I'm hearing that Chloe is safe, even though rumors are swirling that more than one death will go down. Source: Kristin on E!Online

10/18 - Executive Producer Alfred Gough revealed in TV Guide that the major character death of someone close to Clark (first teased in "Hidden") will occur in Episode #100. But, Gough has also teased that there will actually be more than one major death in the episode. Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.13: Vengeance

Airdate: February 2, 2006

11/03 - This episode features Maya, a young woman who was in an accident six months ago and was in need of a heart transplant. The donor was someone who died during the second meteor showed and it seems that Kryptonite made its way to the heart. Thanks to her new heart, Maya now has powers. She seems to work at the Daily Planet but also does good deeds by acting as an "avenging angel" wearing a costume and a mask. To get her attention, Clark pretends to mug Chloe so to get Maya's attention. It works. During the fight with Clark, Maya's mask comes off, revealing her true identity to Chloe and Clark. Chloe wants to write a story about Maya without revealing her true identity. A gang member took Clark's watch and his tries to track him down. Maya offers to help him as the gang is quite nasty, but Clark declines. Source: SpoilerFix.com [Note: Maya may have been renamed Angela.]

Episode 5.14: Tomb

Airdate: February 9, 2006

12/16 - Chloe is possessed by a young woman who committed suicide 10 years ago. She tries to kill herself, but fails and ends up institutionalized. Through sessions with a psychiatrist it is learned that an orderly in the institution has been coaxing young women to kill themselves and then keeps them in the walls of his house. Chloe's mentioned-but-never-seen mother may factor in to this story. A new character who is involved with law enforcement comes in who may be a potential love interest for Lois. Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.15: Cyborg

Airdate: February 16, 2006

12/16 - Popular DC Comics hero Cyborg from the Teen Titans makes an appearance in this Smallville episode. Victor Stone is brought to life in a cyborg form by Lex. Victor (Cyborg) is looking for his girlfriend Katherine. Meanwhile, Clark is looking for a Dr. Nilson who helped Victor escape the first time. Source: KryptonSite

General Season 5 Spoilers:

11/21 - I do hear James Marsters is declining an expanded role on Smallville for the time being in order to shoot a movie, but he could come back once that's over. Source: Kristin on E!Online

11/14 - They're in talks with James Marsters to make him a series regular... No word yet on if he's going to sign. Source: Kristin on E!Online

10/27 - We can expect an encore performance from those Kryptonian thugs who Clark sent into an extradimensional prison (one that seemed a lot like the Phantom Zone of Superman II). "I don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say that you haven't seen the last of them and Brainiac is a key to that," [reveals Al Gough]. Source: TV Guide Online

08/26 - Over the years, Clark has forged a remarkable relationship with Lex Luthor though neither has an inkling of how their destinies will ultimately collide. Lex has constantly fought his destiny and turn to the dark side. This year he loses that battle. The Lex Luthor of comic lore has arrived and this season Clark and Lex become mortal enemies. The arrival of DC Comic villain Milton Fine, aka Brainiac (James Marsters, Angel), exacerbates the situation between Clark and Lex. Fine recruits Clark to be his research assistant and provides him with top-secret information about Lex's immoral Luthorcorp experiments. His arrival on Earth was no accident. Fine was born out of the spaceship that landed after the meteor shower. Who sent him and why proves to be a life-altering revelation for Clark as he finally learns why he was sent to Earth and what happened to his biological parents and home planet. Source: The WB

08/24 - "We are talking about getting Michael McKean to return as Perry White," Al Gough says, "but if it happens it'll be in the back of the season. Al Gough: "Kyle Gallner (The Flash) is in 12 episodes of Veronica Mars this season, but luckily, Rob Thomas and I are friends, and if we want him for an episode, we just need to give them enough warning to make sure we're not stepping on any of their plotlines with him." Lost's Ian Somerhalder will not be back as Adam from Season 3. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

08/18 - James Marsters revealed that: "I'm contracted for six to 10, so I hope it's 10." Source: Kristin on E!Online

08/03 - There's a 75 percent chance that Dean Cain will pop up on Smallville this fall as a love interest for Lois Lane. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

07/25 - According to the show

Smallville

Oh no, please don't shoot Clark. We can't lose him. Whatever would we do without him? However would we go on? OK, I kid, but sometimes you just have to with repeats. Clark got his powers back, but not without a doozy of a prophesy: Someone close to him is gonna die

Okay... I admit I'm not a regular Smallville watcher, only catching an occasional episode, and I know this is a television show - and one based on a comic book at that - and so we're supposed to suspend our disbelief... but at the end of this last one, when Lana finds Clark not only miraculously alive, but also wearing clothes that are all burnt up and he's covered in soot, all I kept thinking was, "All right, there's no way she'll be gullible enough to believe any possible lie they can come up with to cover up this one."

I mean, just how can this be explained to Lana without actually telling her the truth? Hopefully that is what happens, though I have a sneaking suspicion there just won't be any mention of what happened at all next episode, or perhaps a short mention in passing in some episode down the road at most. Bleh

"I was struck by lighting on the way to the funeral home and it burnt me.. though with no marks.. and shocked me back to life, Lana! Honest!"

"Oh, Clark.. of course I believe you." *runs to Lex for some odd reason... again*

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Episode 5.11: Lockdown (fka "Closer")

Airdate: January 19, 2006

• 01/01 - The two police officers who witnessed the spaceship land in the meteor shower take Lex and Lana hostage and threaten to kill them unless Lex reveals where he hid the spaceship. While escaping to the panic room in the mansion, Lex takes a bullet meant for Lana. Fearing Lex may bleed to death, Lana asks him to tell the officers the secret location, but he confesses the ship has been missing for weeks. Meanwhile, Clark discovers Lana has been researching the spaceship with Lex and fears she is close to discovering his secret. Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Source: The WB

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Will there be a sixth season for Smallville?

Courtesy of: T GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Smallville

It's the Aquaboy one again, and I have to say that I haven't changed my mind: All the cheesy waterlogged dialogue, A.C. saying "bro" a gazillion times and the absolute zero chemistry he had with Lois add up to a so-so 'sode. What saved it for me were the Professor Fiiine-Clark scenes and, of course, Lex. You can always count on the bad boy for some much-needed sarcasm to counterbalance all the show's sugary-sweet moments, like whenever Lana and Clark are together. I loved it when Lex captured Aquadude and withheld the essential watery goodness the superhero needed to break free. "Why are you doing this to me?" "One, you called me a tool. And two, most people I know need scuba gear to breathe underwater." You had to be there. Michael Rosenbaum rocked these lines something fierce. Word has it, Aquaboy/man/whatever is getting a spin-off. Wonder who'll play the heroic H2O hottie

Episode 5.16: Hypnotic

Airdate: February 23, 2006 (unconfirmed)

• 01/06 - There are scientists in this one, as is that law enforcement character mentioned from "Tomb." There is also a character named "Sasha." Source: KryptonSite

Episode 5.12: Reckoning (100th episode)

Airdate: January 26, 2006

• 01/10 - In the 100th episode of the series, Clark reveals his secret to Lana, Jonathan and Lex learn the results of the senatorial election and there is a tragic car accident on the highway that takes the life of someone Clark loves. A desperate Clark appeals to Jor-El for help. Allison Mack, Erica Durance, John Glover and Annette O'Toole also star. Source: The WB

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Smallville Star: The Lex Is Yet to Come

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060112insider1.jpg

Michael Rosenbaum, Smallville

At the end of "Lexmas," Smallville's last fresh episode, Lex Luthor

Smallville

First of all, let me say that I had no idea what to expect from Smallville tonight because all WB has been pushing for the last two months is this whole who's-gonna-die business. I literally thought it was going to happen this week but, alas, it didn't. We won't find out until later this month. Not a problem, I can roll with the punches. This episode features a Central Kansas University student who's pretty much the ultimate Lex Luthor groupie. The poli-psycho chick goes to crazy lengths to try to bring down Jonathan Kent and crown her man state senator. She shaves her head, y'all. Unbelievable. And I gotta tell you, I got so weirded out when the newly balded one dropped her robe for Lex and tried to go all Monica Lewinsky. Thankfully Lexy showed he has standards.

Didn't the Kent household look all Stepford family for that ridiculous commercial the sleazy campaign manager put together? Here's the thing, though: At least it got John Schneider and Tom Welling in suits. That's always a plus. It also got the bad PR man a one-way ticket off the farm, and then for some reason Jonathan hired Lois. Has the girl even graduated from college yet? And what's even weirder is having to listen to Lana complain to Clark about the fact that they haven't had sex since he miraculously came back from the dead. Unfortunately, Clark's cold feet sent him straight to poor Chloe. I loved it when the girl reporter called herself a Kryptohag! It's so true! Meanwhile, Jonathan got a beat down... again! And Martha, I ain't one to gossip, but if your hubby finds out about your secret dealings with Lionel, well, I suspect there's trouble in your future.

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

12:00 AM, 17-JANUARY-06

smallvilleTHUMB.jpg

Welling Touts Smallville's 100th

Tom Welling, who stars as a young Clark Kent in The WB's Superman series Smallville, told reporters that the show's upcoming 100th episode will move Clark closer to his destiny than he's ever been before. "For us, it was a really exciting episode to shoot, because it's a turning point," Welling said in a news conference during the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 16. "I think from this episode on, this show is going to be very different from what it's been in the past. And I also think we're finally going to get to what I believe the audience wanted the show to be."

Welling said that the characters will be moving in new directions during the second half of the show's fifth season. "We're getting [to] a point in the series after five seasons, 100 episodes, where these characters are now saying, 'All right, look, we've been doing this for a couple of years now. Let's start moving forwards. Let's figure out why we're not getting along. Let's see if our relationship works,'" Welling said. "Or, in other cases, like Lex and Clark, 'You're not who I thought you were.'"

The upcoming 100th episode, titled "Reckoning," will also feature the death of one of the show's major characters. Welling was careful not to reveal the identity of the deceased, but did say that he would be sorry to see "that person" go. "I think it was bittersweet for that person themselves," he said. "Because I think they were looking forward to a little time off. But then, when the day came, that person was caught a few times on set just kind of looking around, going, 'Yeah, well, I guess this is it.'"

Although Welling and most of the other cast members were aware that one of the characters would be killed off, he said he had no idea who it would be until he read the script. "This show did a really good job, leading up to this episode, to not hint toward it at all," he said. "And when the death occurs in the 100th episode, it's a complete surprise to every single character. It's not something that Lex planned or that the audience may have known or have hints about in the future, like sometimes happens in episodic television. This is a complete surprise for everyone. And I literally didn't know who it was until I read the script."

Smallville returns with a new episode, "Lockdown," on Jan. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. "Reckoning" will air the following Thursday.

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Episode 5.16: Hypnotic

Airdate: February 23, 2006 (unconfirmed)

• 01/17 - Brainiac is coming back, and he's looking to enlist an unwitting Lex Luthor in making the world kneel before Zod. James Marsters is set to reprise his role as Dr. Milton Fine, the alter ego of supervillain Brainiac, on "Smallville" later this season. Marsters will make his return to "Smallville" in an episode called "Hypnotic," scheduled to air in the spring. In it, he'll try to use Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) fixation on the spaceship as a way to free General Zod from the Forbidden Zone (the general's two cohorts made an appearance in this season's premiere). Source: Zap2it

Episode 5.13: Vengeance

Airdate: February 2, 2006

• 01/18 - Clark discovers the new reporter at the Daily Planet - a bespectacled, bumbling woman named Maya (Denise Quinones, former "Miss Universe") - is actually a masked avenger who fights crime at night. Meanwhile, Clark's bottled-up grief threatens to get the best of him. Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance, Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Source: The WB [Note: We believe The WB released all names of the cast so not to hint to who dies in episode 5.12.]

Smallville

Things were kind of ho-hum for Smallville before the show's milestone 100th episode, in which someone close to Clark dies!!! A crazy cop with a nasty hand and his fianc