ALL STARS POLL

nebartist

ALLS TARS  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy about BB allstars?

• Yes I cant wait to see all my old favs back
    • Heck No!! I want to see a whole new batch
    • Who cares! I am just glad BB is back
  2. 2. Are you happy the Audience gets to choose?

• Very happy I cant wait to vote for my fav
    • Not at all I dont trust the public to vote good PLAYERS into the house
    • Who cares I am just glad BB is back

Hiya everyone

I am definately happy that BB is back for another season, but I have been thinking and I am not sure if an All-Stars version of this show is really a good thing. Now, before I start, please understand that I will be THRILLED to be proven wrong, but here are my concerns.

1) Part of the fun of BB is watching people start to self-destruct due to the pressure of being locked up in a house with strangers. We won't get that this year. These folks have all been through it before and know what's coming.

2) All or at least most of these people know each other from public appearances, personal relationships, events they attend etc. It isn't going to be like past seasons where they have to try and figure out who is playing what game.

3) With the knowledge gained from the above 2 examples, they are going to be watching every move they make, because they know what happens if they make a misstep or say something bad against someone. In previous seasons, the folks in the house probably realized this, but they had not experienced "life" after being a reality show, so they let their guard down. These folks will be on guard 24/7. Thei image is what matters.

4) Think of how annoying the past few seasons have been with people constantly talking about their agents. Well, these folks actually DO have agents and lawyers and they will have been well educated on what to do and what not to do in the house to preserve their "image" when they get out. This means we will probably see no hook-ups, no nudity, no really raunchy talk, no bashing...etc. Everyone is going to be on guard and watching what they say and do 24/7. (live feeds are not going to be as interesting)

5) All of these folks come in with a VERY close relationship with the producers. That relationship could easily be used in the DR, where no one else is privvy, to manipulate the game as the producers would like to see it.

Think about it. Over the past few seasons we have bitched about the players being "celebrity" seeking wannabes and we have griped that we thought that the producers were manipulating the game. This year we actually have people with some celebrity (who don;t want to lose it) and relationships with the producers that make it easy to manipulate.

People going into the house for the first time, think they know what is in store because they have seen the show, but until you are actually in that environment, you really can't say how you will behave. all of these folks know exactly what is coming, what is expected, and what they will have to deal with after if they screw up. So they will be on their best behavior.

All-stars work on Survivor and other shows because they are taped and edited and you only get one hour of those folks per week, you haven't had access to them in the past like we do with BB. With BB, we KNOW these people. We have sat up late and listened to the conversations, we know what makes them tick. There will be no surprises.

I hope it works out differently, but I have a feeling, we may be in for a very balnd season. It will be fun at first, but I see it getting stale after a few weeks. what more do we really have to learn from these folks?

Just my opinion

Dep

I hope it works

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{Well, these folks actually DO have agents and lawyers and they will have been well educated on what to do and what not to do in the house to preserve their "image" when they get out. This means we will probably see no hook-ups, no nudity, no really raunchy talk, no bashing...etc. Everyone is going to be on guard and watching what they say and do 24/7. (live feeds are not going to be as interesting)}

I disagree - with people like Maggie, or Kaysar - yes they have a good image to uphold and will be cautious of what they're doing ... but you're forgetting two major points:

1. Some people (Howie, Janelle, Lisa, Erika, etc.) have to uphold their reputations of being wild, crazy, and sex-obsessed. Additionally putting them all together and letting them try to out do each other should make for VERY interesting live feeds.

2. Even if they already know what seclusion does to a person - even if they've already been in the game before - they've never been in the house with THESE 12 people, and you honestly do forget why you're being cautious at one point. I am looking forward for the "slip ups" that these people do when they let the real them come through ;-)

I have to agree with you bbhouseguestwannabe. You also have to remember if they are in the house and really boring people are not gonna want see them or even remmeber them over time and that would not be good for their career.

I have always said that i would prefer not to have an AllStars. I like seeing NEW people. I agree with Dep. and i hope that we are proven wrong too.

but seeing as we are stuck with the allstars, at least we can start trashtalking NOW and not have to wait till the show starts.. :lol::lol::lol:

I've said all along I'd rather have a regular season, or at least the absolute guarantee of a regular season next year.

I just fear All Stars may flop and BB get axed!

I'd much rather have seen the All Stars as a short mini-series, perhaps airing midseason around January for just a month or so, with just nine HGs.

allstar i hope for the best but think it would be similiar to the survivor allstar.

Thanks Dep, that's what I've been thinking since "Allstars" were mentioned.Last year there was alot of talk about BB getting the boot, I believe this is their way of trying to revive BB.

Sure we might have an interesting season,but like you said 'These people know one another and their personalities. Do I believe James will change his ways and learn to trust him?? Will Dr. Will be ever to play the HG's....who would trust him and why would you want too!! This are just examples but ....get the point.

I hope it works also but I definitely see where you coming from.

I am not trying to be mean or rude but I do have to say something. During the past couple of seasons I have read on this board and others that they should do an All Stars season because the season they were watching was getting boring and they wanted the true player back. Now they are doing All Stars and everyone is complaining even before it begins, what gives? I for one am looking forward to it. Yeah it is the same players once again, but they all have to come in with a different game plan and personality than they did before so its almost like getting new players all over again. Okay, I'm done ranting. Thanks for listening.

i dont think i have ever seen everyone here agree on any topic... lol there has always been two sides who would like an allstar show and who would not. I remember seeing a few people say they would like to have an allstars, in fact, i think last year there was a poll on it... i could be wrong cause there were a lot of polls last year.

The only concern I have about this season is that people will not learn from watching bb4 that Ali is a trashy backstabbing liar. Then there could be idiots like Jase and Howie that will be dumb enough to fall for her hooker antics. I hope the women eat her alive.

I've got to say, I have never wanted an All Star Big Brother. Largely because of concerns previously mentioned, and also because I've never really liked anyone on this show. I've rooted for certain people, but I can't say I've ever been a big fan of anyone. So, there's no one I really need to see again. I think I'm more just sick to death of all of them, rather than dislike any of them. I"m just tired of hearing their names! ( even the fun little nick names that have appeared here -- evillette, Jantran, Maggot.. amoung others..)

Even though some seasons prove disappointing, it's always fun watching the new houseguests, and watching the friendships and alliances form. I'm going to miss that! But I hope it's good, and I'll be watching!

As stated by others, yes they have been on the show before but they have not been in together. Not this group of twelve. We might get surprised at the outcome of the mix. They know eachothers weaknesses and their strengths so shouldn't that make it more difficult to manipulate? I think it will be harder for them to find their groove. Don't you think that will be entertaining? I do.

I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how everyone will interact w/ each other. They all have passing knowledge at least of each other. The whole alliance thing will be interesting, too. In a way, it's kind of like last season where everyone knew someone in the house.

Sorry jinx. didn't mean to yell, but i'm ticked. I was one person who really wanted an all star , guess,i never thought of them, as all being friends with each other outside the house, it just seems to take alot away from the game. for all we know the strategy is already planned! but we'll have to deal with it now,i hope bb8 well be all strangers and you are not allowed to know anyone going into the house. my bad ,i'll live with it. ;)

I must say though having seen the All Stars casting show I did get a bit more excited about it - but it depends on the final cast.

I think battles like Will vs James could be quite interesting, though alot of the cast could be better and for most of them, you can name better people who'd fulfil their role better!

I have a feeling this is going to be an extreme season. Either extremely dull or extremely dramatic. I'm really hoping it's the latter!

I think it will make it a little tougher to back-stab and lie, because some of these guys really are friends, and they do know each other in the real world. Or maybe it will be just as easy to back-stab and lie, but feelings will be hurt much more easily because of it.

It's going to be hard to buy any of the 'It's nothing personal' speeches.

I just wish the silly show would start, so I could read updates on here.

Archived