Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Bring back Don Craig

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
OK... Mrs goody-two-shoes dumps Don Craig for the dork Roman Brady, who turns out to be John Black, who turns out to really be Alex North, and Chris Kositchek turns out to be Roman Brady. Who gives a flying frisbie anyway. The show never has been the same since Don Craig left... expect of course the Peak Years of 88-90 when they had Eugene Bradford who turned out to be a Star Trek alien named "Q".

However, the best DOOL character of all time is Jack Deveraux. Man that guy was the best of the best. the show sucks without him.

Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts
Wow! This was brutal echo. I haven't watch DOOL or any soap for probably 20 years. SO, needless to say, I don't come to this forum, but when i saw the name Don Craig! Talk about a trip down memory lane. I had to go to imdb to do some reading. Those were the days when soaps were really good. Thanks!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I do have a few old tapes still around. Nothing with Don Craig. There was a time when DOOL was extremely well written and had a excellent cast. I started recording it again on my Tivo about a year ago when I heard Jack was back on DOOL. Jack and Jennifer are the best soap couple of all time, even over Luke and Laura at their peak.

I loved it with they killed off Marlana Evans Craig Brady Black North, or whatever the hell her name is now. But off course, like on any soap, nobody is ever REALLY dead forever, and she came back from the dead after about two weeks (vacation). I just wanted someone to kill her all over again.

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,589 posts
QUOTE(echo @ Apr 12 2006, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do have a few old tapes still around. Nothing with Don Craig. There was a time when DOOL was extremely well written and had a excellent cast. I started recording it again on my Tivo about a year ago when I heard Jack was back on DOOL. Jack and Jennifer are the best soap couple of all time, even over Luke and Laura at their peak.

I loved it with they killed off Marlana Evans Craig Brady Black North, or whatever the hell her name is now. But off course, like on any soap, nobody is ever REALLY dead forever, and she came back from the dead after about two weeks (vacation). I just wanted someone to kill her all over again.

Yeah the writing really sucks now (I fast forward through most of the show) but you are right Jack is one of the best characters ever. I am glad to hear he will be coming back (from the dead) one more time and he will break up Frankie and Jenn and Jack and Jenn will leave Salem together (since Jen is leaving too) Alot of good actors/characters are leaving, makes me wonder what will be left to watch!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
That is good news!!! I did not know Jack was coming back.

Too bad actors don't have ownership of the characters they play, I would love to see Jack and Jennifer move to another soap that has some good writing.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I didnt know that Jen was leaving the show.I did know that Jack was coming back.Just didnt know when.
As for Don Craig is there a picture of him somewheres?It is driving me nuts.I read up on him when he and Marlena met and how they got married and how marlena's twin sammy took her sisters place.But they never showed a pic of them.It sai he went out to mail a letter and hasnt been seen since.I am just courious if I have ever seen him before.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
QUOTE(jenw_72 @ Apr 14 2006, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Don Craig is there a picture of him somewheres?

http://jedallan.com/

Jed Allan played Don Craig for over 10 years. The character of Don Craig was the "Roman Brady" of Salem for before Roman Brady first appeared. He was the main romantic lead male on the show (along with Doug Williams) for years and years. Then super spy and ultra hero Roman appeared in town (couldn't hack it on Dynasty), the writers spilt up Don and Marlena, and wrote out Don Craig. I felt sad for Jed Allan at the time, he was the show's main man, and suddenly he became one of those supporting characters that appears on the show just to be a listening ear in other characters' story lines. Marlena might cry on his shoulder about her problems with Roman, after finally finding true love at last. It was sad to watch his sudden demotion to being a nobody on the show where he was such a central figure for so many years. He lasted maybe a year after Roman appeared, but Don appeared so infrequent, it was hard to tell he was still on the show. In other words, they kept Jed Allan around until his contract was up, then jettison him like the old horse in George Orwell's Animal Farm.

Jed Allan now play "Edward L. Quartermaine" on GH, a far better soap than DOOL is at the moment.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
QUOTE(echo @ Apr 16 2006, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://jedallan.com/

Jed Allan played Don Craig for over 10 years. The character of Don Craig was the "Roman Brady" of Salem for before Roman Brady first appeared. He was the main romantic lead male on the show (along with Doug Williams) for years and years. Then super spy and ultra hero Roman appeared in town (couldn't hack in on Dynasty), the writers spilt up Don and Marlena, and wrote out Don Craig. I felt sad for Jed Allan at the time, he was the show's main man, and suddenly he became one of those supporting characters that appears on the show just to be a listening ear in other characters' story lines. Marlena might cry on his shoulder about her problems with Roman, after finally finding true love at last. It was sad to watch his sudden demotion to being a nobody on the show where he was such a central figure for so many years. He lasted maybe a year after Roman appeared, but Don appeared so infrequent, it was hard to tell he was still on the show. In other words, they kept Jed Allan around until his contract was up, then jettison him like the old horse in George Orwell's Animal Farm.

Jed Allan now play "Edward L. Quartermaine" on GH, a far better soap than DOOL is at the moment.

Okay,thanks.
I never seen him on DOOL because I started watching DOOL after Roman and Marlena were togeatherbut he use to play CC on Santa Barbara too.I liked him on that.
That brings to to how in the heck is it that Marlena ever could have been married to Alex.And wouldnt Marlena's mom and dad remember their daughter being married to another man or that she blocks parts of her life away.That story line is so stupid.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I sent Jed Allen a letter telling him I wanted him to return to DOOL for at least a few episodes so he can do away with Marlena for dumping him 20 years. If he responds back, I'll post his reponse here.

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
I had no idea Sami was leaving. I know she is going to be on some reality show but I thought, she'd do the both. She is such a main character on Days. Wow.
Jack coming back?? Wonder if Jen will follow?
As for Jed Allen, loved him in Santa Barbara (sp). He is the best!! Also, enjoyed him on Bev Hills 90210.
Hate to admit this but I've watched Days since day 1. Boy, am I dating myself or what??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users