Sign in to follow this  
StephenV

Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Heavyweights

If anyone is into ultimate fighting the 3rd season gets underway this Thursday April 6 at 10:00pm ET/PT on Spike TV.

I really liked the first two seasons so I'm looking forward to a third.

Anyway just a reminder.

This show is my guilty pleasure.

There's just something calming about watching someone getting kicked in the face. :D

Did I hear correct that the granddaddy of UF, Ken Shamrock, is going to be a coach for Season 3. This should be fun to watch.

Did I hear correct that the granddaddy of UF, Ken Shamrock, is going to be a coach for Season 3. This should be fun to watch.

Yes you indeed hear correctly that Kem Shamrock is one of the coaches as well as Tito Ortiz. Should be another great season.

I missed last season, but I watched the first one and really liked it. I never thought that I, being a female, would be able to get into it but I have. This season is shaping up to be good so far. I'd love to see Shamrock kick Tito's butt just once (guess we'll have to wait). My husband and I watched the UFC pay per that came on this weekend, did anyone see it? Man, I was so disappointed that Forrest lost. And what was up with Adrei Arvloski(sp?) The night just sucked all around!

Speaking of waiting, with Tito's injury, do you think he's going to punk out and not fight Shamrock this summer?

I missed last season, but I watched the first one and really liked it. I never thought that I, being a female, would be able to get into it but I have. This season is shaping up to be good so far. I'd love to see Shamrock kick Tito's butt just once (guess we'll have to wait). My husband and I watched the UFC pay per that came on this weekend, did anyone see it? Man, I was so disappointed that Forrest lost. And what was up with Adrei Arvloski(sp?) The night just sucked all around!

Speaking of waiting, with Tito's injury, do you think he's going to punk out and not fight Shamrock this summer?

Yeah my friend said it sucked too. I didn't get it because I usually watch it with my son and he went to DC with his school for Spring Break so I didn't bother getting it. Forrest was my favorite from season 1 so I'm bummed he lost.

I don't know about punking out for Tito against Ken Shamrock, I think he'll be ready he has too much to lose by missing his fight with Shamrock especially with both of them coaching this season on UF3. I've never been a Tito Ortiz fan but I really like his coaching style and he's seemed to have put that "HB bad boy" attitude on the back burner and let his fighters take center stage. Plus I think the way he's put Matt, the deaf kid, under his wing is really cool . In fact that's who I hope wins one of the contracts.

I have to admit this season is shaping up to be as good as the first. This week we get to see that red hair dude who wanted to be on Ortiz's team so bad and then Tito didn't pick him go off about it. Should be interesting.

I think this is one of the best reality shows on TV.

Yeah, I don't like Tito either, but I like the way he is hands on with his team. Ken Shamrock is a task master but it's funny to watch. I'm just waiting for Tito to do something b/c he is being way too nice.

I'm hoping Matt will win too. As soon as I saw him, I knew he was the one I would cheer for, being a kind of underdog and all.

Damn tonight's fight was a complete blood bath. At first I wasn't sure who was bleeding until it became apparent it was gushing from Christian's head. Wow he really got his a** kicked.

Team Shamrock is falling apart and it looks like next week Ken and Tito finally get into it....should be good!

Well after last weeks disasterous loss of Solomon to Rory, Team Shamrock needed to win to save face with Tito's team with the Josh and Tate fight. Team Shamrock got a break by Noah from Team Ortiz who, because Dana White wouldn't let him call his girlfriend..quit and left the show even though he was assured a spot in the semifinals. What a d#$khead!

Next week a player from Team Shamrock gets to return to take Noah's place. Pretty sure I know who it's gonna be. The Josh and Tate fight will be next week because with alll the drama no fight tonight.

Well I guess I'll keep updating as there are a few of you watching or curious about this show. Tonights fight was probably the best since season one. It was so close to call that I did thought it would go to a final round because of a draw but since the judges came up with a split decision and handed Josh the victory over Tait there was no reason. Josh actually looked more beat up between the two but I really saw it as too close to call.

No suprise that Jesse made his return to Team Shamrock after Noah's exit. So he lost and now he's in the semi-finals had a lot of the guys PO'd. After tonights loss by Team Shamrock again it's safe to say Ken Shamrock really is out of his element when it comes to coaching. Thay are 1-5 against Team Ortiz. Ken really looked humbled tonight. Heck maybe even embarrased.

We'll see what next week brings and it's for sure that the Ortiz-Shamrock fight is on again. If Ken fights like he coaches it should be over in 10 seconds...

I have been very disppointed with Ken's coaching ability, or lack thereof. I was really hoping this "grandfather of UC" would really shine. But I guess he falls into the category like so many fantastic athletes that can't translate what they know into a teaching role. What bothers me the most is Ortiz is SUCH an ass! :angry:

Oh well. I wonder if the problem is the age gap? It may be easier to immulate someone closer to your age. As Ken has seen, Ultimate Fighting has changed so much in the past four years. How long has he been gone from competition? I can't remember, but I wasnt to say it's been a little too long.

I'll have to watch the reshow because I keep missing it. I really wish it was back on Mondays...rats!!

The live finale will be on June 24th, 2006. Since I have something big going on that day I will have to Tivo it. Also being the end of the school year I've been so busy that I have missed a few episodes but caught the most recent fight with Matt the deaf guy. By far the worst fight this season. Matt did win and does move on to the semi finals but I have a feeling he won't get much further than that. I'm bummed I missed Ed's fight last week and will have to catch that when Spike TV does their marathon of all episodes. I think he will be one of the winners for sure.

Ed really looked like crap when he fought, they both did, he definitely didn't live up to how good he said he was. I love Tito Ortiz and hate Ken, and I know Tito will kick his butt once again.

Matt looked horrible. How could a guy with all that experience not keep his hands up? Tito thinks this guy could be a world champion in the UFC? I don't see it.

OMG Matt was $#$&*^ up bad. Funny I really didn't think the fight even got to that level. The dude couldn't breathe and was in la la land. They did take him away in the ambulance so I wonder if he's gonna come back to fight. During training when he got socked in the jaw he pussied around the house for a week in pain. I bet he stays gone..I just wonder who they are going to bring back in his place if that happens? In the previews they have someone coming through the door with all the fighters watching..usually means someone is coming back but the again....who knows.

he's a world class wrestler, he didn't know much about stand up, and it would be a whole lot easier because usually you can yell things at the fighters to do something, but because of him being deaf, it's hard to tell him things to do. but I wasn't impressed with him, either. I like Kendall Grove the best, though.

Okay, I'm soo glad Kendall won and will be going on to the finals!

and yes, Ken kicked Tito's but in pool, but TITO will kick ken's butt in the ring.

So long Matt...gee that was really predictible he was gonna quit. Dana was shocked when both Tate and Christian both refused to fight in the semi finals in his place. Since Mike's nose was broken they ended going with Ross from the lower weight class and he gladly accepted. Though I think Mike is gonna kill him in their fight.

Tonight's first semi final between Kendall and Kalib started off great the first two rounds until Kalib decided to quit in the third round because he said his ribs were broken. I agreed with Dana when he said he had it tied the first two rounds. Kalib talked a lot of s*#t this season and I guess in the end couldn't back it up.

The $10,000 pool challenge between Ken and Tito was hilarious. Titi was soo certain it was his for sure since Ken said he didn't play pool. Turns out Ken hustled him and easily defeated him in two games in the best of three. Tito said it best "I think I just got had".

Next week Rory vs Ed and I'm pretty sure Ed should advance to the finals but then again I though Kalib would have lasted the three rounds over Kendall. Still.. my pick is ED to advance.

So long Matt...gee that was really predictible he was gonna quit. Dana was shocked when both Tate and Christian both refused to fight in the semi finals in his place. Since Mike's nose was broken they ended going with Ross from the lower weight class and he gladly accepted. Though I think Mike is gonna kill him in their fight.

Tonight's first semi final between Kendall and Kalib started off great the first two rounds until Kalib decided to quit in the third round because he said his ribs were broken. I agreed with Dana when he said he had it tied the first two rounds. Kalib talked a lot of s*#t this season and I guess in the end couldn't back it up.

The $10,000 pool challenge between Ken and Tito was hilarious. Titi was soo certain it was his for sure since Ken said he didn't play pool. Turns out Ken hustled him and easily defeated him in two games in the best of three. Tito said it best "I think I just got had".

Next week Rory vs Ed and I'm pretty sure Ed should advance to the finals but then again I though Kalib would have lasted the three rounds over Kendall. Still.. my pick is ED to advance.

I'm so hapy Kendall advanced, and I thought he could. I don't know about Ed and Rory next week, I would have thought Ed but his first fight really has me doubting him, I'm not really a fan of his, he was too whiney when Tito didn't pick him, and I AM a Punishment fan, but I thought he would have been good, but his fighting didn't show much, I'm not sure on this one, I don't really care, though, Kendall will beat whoever! (I hope anyway) I just can't wait to see Tito whoop Ken's a** again!

"Rory is gay" lol...tonight's episode was hilarious!! It was like 7th grade summer camp all over again. Rory's bitching was getting on my nerves and I only have to see his dumbass once a week on TV so I can't even imagine how the other fighters felt being around him 24-7.

Rory got his ass served by Ed tonight. Pretty good first round though Ed won it handily. 2nd round Rory was beat and it showed. Ed's a good fighter but needs to work on his stand up. On the ground he's pretty much the best out of them all. Kendall vs Ed in the final.... my money is on Ed

Next week I think Jesse will kick Josh's ass probably in one round..or early in the 2nd. British Mike is gonna kill poor Ross but at least Ross had the cajones to get out there.

I craked up when Matt thought he was still in the semi-final. Poor dude was clueless...he couln't remember how his fight went or that he even broke Mike's nose.

Great episode tonight!

I hope you watched the second episode, I missed the first, but I saw the one at 11. Bisping beat Pointon, Pointon punched him good at the start of the fight, but Bisping got him with a flying knee and beat the crap out of him. good fight. Glad Bisping won.

Haynes beat Forbes by a choke ( can't remember the name of the choke, though) I'm glad Haynes won, too.

So in the finals there's..

Kendall Groves vs. Ed Herman I pick kendall.

Michael Bisping vs. Josh Haynes I pick Bisping, not sure though.

At the end of the show Ken started yelling at Tito for no reason. I hate Ken and I hope, no I know, Tito will beat him once again, I can't WAIT to watch it!

Great episode, mad I missed the first, though.

I had to Tivo the 2nd fight..had to go take my son somewhere..so I'm gonna watch it when he gets back.

Gee surprised Josh won. Definitely I think Mike will win that one in the finals. So my pick is Mike.

Final is live from Vegas on Saturday. June 24th. Gonna have to Tivo that since I'll be busy getting married.

Ken and Tito are probably definitely hyping their fight on July 6th. I have to miss that too. So anyone gonna order it on PPV? I have to agree with ElisabethF50 that Tito is gonna kick his ass and I think really bad at that . I really lost a lot of respect for Ken this season. Geez what a lousy coach he turned out to be. I have gained some respect for Tito as a coach but wouldn't call myself a fan. I think it's gonna be beatdown for Ken.

Another great season of Ultimate Fighting.

I'm a fan of Tito and think he's a great coach as well! I agree, another great season! even though, I didn't watch the 2nd one, just the 1st, but I loved this one!

Final Reminder that the season finale is this Saturday June 24th live from Las Vegas on SpikeTV. Check your local listings for time. Don't forget! Any poster watching please post the winners here after the fight. Thanks

Grove won over Herman and Bisping won over Haynes. Good show. I was VERY happy with the winners!

Grove/Herman fight was very exciting, anyone else watch it?

I can't believe that guys arm didn't break!!! :blink: