Sign in to follow this  
nebartist

Amazing Race Moving

variety_logo100x24.jpg

'Amazing Race' Treks To Family-Friendly Slot

by Josef Adalian

keoghan_phil256.jpg

Host Phil Keoghan of 'The Amazing Race'

CBS is plotting a minor spring schedule shakeup, shifting reality war horse "The Amazing Race." Starting next week, "The Amazing Race" will move to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, vacating its current 10 p.m. Tuesday slot. CBS says the move in part is in response to viewer complaints that the reality series airs too late for family viewing.

The schedule shift, however, is also a reaction to the disappointingly low numbers freshman comedies, "Out of Practice" and "Courting Alex" have scored since relocating to the Wednesday night lead-off slot last week. Both series notched a mere 1.7/4 in adults 18-49 this week, placing fifth for the hour behind ABC, NBC, Fox and Univision.

"The Amazing Race" will almost certainly improve the hour, though it faces tough competition from NBC's "Deal or No Deal." The Peacock Network will almost certainly want to keep its red-hot gamer in the hour.

CBS will fill the 10 p.m. Tuesday slot with repeats of its crime dramas, starting with "CSI: Miami." The Eye Network says "Out of Practice" and "Courting Alex" will return to the lineup at a later date, though it seems unlikely that will happen before summer.

I don't watch this show, but are they moving it due to poor ratings?

Good... I don't watch the show, but know lots of people that do and I think they would be disappointed if it were a ratings thing... Thanks for the quick answer dglow...

I wish it moved to a 9PM schedule. I don't watch the Apprentice on Monday's due to other programming, so I watch it on Weds on CNBC, so now TAR and TA will be on at the same time =/. Staying up until 11 to watch it on Tuesday is completely out of the question, lol. Guess I'll keep downloading it. I'm glad CBS did listen to the viewers, though. Because 10 really is much too late for that show (in my opinion).

This sucks!!! I like it on Tuesdays, and at 9 pm. They keep screwing with stuff that works, and pretty soon, we won't be seeing it anymore!

I did too (liked it at 10), but I'll watch it whenever it's on. Guess I'll have to tape Deal or No Deal now -- or not. LOL

I like Deal or No Deal too Mo......

I'll record it or maybe watch it later on CNBC.

odd... pulling a switch mid season. and annoying too.

oh well.

NO Yana the opposite, CBS Wednesday night lineup blows and I think they are hoping to lure people over to Wednesday night

OMG this is ridiculous!!! Wednesday night is my favorite tv night. Most nights I only get one hour of viewing, two on Tuesdays, now they're intruding on the best night of the week. I was soooooooooooo happy that AI was airing at 9 instead of 8 this year so I didn't have to go back and forth between that and models, and now they're moving TAR???!!!!!

My two favorite shows:LOST and Amazing Race on the same night?? They had better not be on at the same time or I'll :angry2: ...oh man, and then there's Invasion too!! NO!

TAR is on at 8 Eastern and Lost is on at 9 Eastern...not on opposite yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All I have to say is YAY, I can't stay up that late to watch TAR and have to TiVo it and then not read any of these forums until I've caught up..

SO I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAR is on at 8 Eastern and Lost is on at 9 Eastern...not on opposite yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm a total IDIOT when it comes to figuring out time zone info...Since I'm in MST and LOST is on at 8 pm here, then that means TAR will be on at 7 pm here, correct? ( :rolleyes: hey, I saw that look!)

I'm a total IDIOT when it comes to figuring out time zone info...Since I'm in MST and LOST is on at 8 pm here, then that means TAR will be on at 7 pm here, correct? ( :rolleyes: hey, I saw that look!)

You might want to check your TVguide. I'm on CST, and TAR will be on at 7 (and 8, on EST), which would be 6 MST.

I think PST/MST both have different programming, so you see it after CST/EST does, so that way a prime time show isn't playing at 5PM PST.

But opposite models :(

Did you tape TAR Diamond? I tried flipping between the two and didn't get very into either but did get a headache - not such a good idea :huh:

And feel asleep watching Law and Order SVU - yeah, I'm a creature of habit and liked it better on Tuesday too :(

Allow me to be the first to say that I love it's new timeslot, lol. I actually stayed up for it, for once. It was never very entertaining watching it when I already knew who was eliminated. And Apprentice is on at 6 on CNBC, with TAR on at 7 on CBS, so it all works out great for me :).

Sorry it doesn't work out so great for some other people though.