Sign in to follow this  
amandaleigh

Dr Lake is my Dentist and family friend

I would like to quote the following as an explanation:

"According to the American and English Encyclopedia of Law, libel or slander are malicious defamations expressed either by writing or printing or by signs, pictures, effigies or the like; tending to blacken the memory of one who is dead, or to impeach the honesty, integrity, virtue or reputation, or to publish the natural or alleged defects of one who is alive, thereby exposing him to public hatred, contempt, ridicule or obloquy; or to cause him to be avoided or shunned or to injure him in his office, business or occupation.

Even if a statement is derogatory, there are circumstances in which such statements are permissible in law.

In the various states, whether by case law or actual legislation, there are generally several "privileges" that can get a defamation case dismissed without proceeding to trial. These include the allegedly defamatory statement being one of opinion rather than fact; or being "fair comment and criticism", as it is important to society that everyone be able to comment on matters of public interest."

Morty I know this is your site and you can run it as you like but to tie our hands in our opinions is not leaving us much freedom of speech. JMO

The person in question exposed himself in front of millions of viewers.

Amanda I think that you should just concede quietly and save face.

Even after taking your valiant efforts into account your dentist has no redeeming features.

He is simply a dang pig!

oh it's a show, I don't like him. I'm sure people do.

and that's how reality tv works :D

Amanda...are you "Mississippigirl" over onmthe Sucks board? If you are, everyone thinks you're really Michelle. Are you?? :rolleyes:

Amanda...are you "Mississippigirl" over onmthe Sucks board? If you are, everyone thinks you're really Michelle. Are you?? :rolleyes:

Francis_3...Oh my God...I went to that site just to read what mississippigirl had to say

on there. Some of the people on that board are WAYYYYYYYY out of line. They went so overboard

with their posts about Mississippians. IMO...Racism is a nationwide thing...Not reserved for just

people from the South. Its sad that it has to exist at all!!!

Thank you Morty...I have a better appreciation for your board than ever before after

reading Sucks...........Geezzzzzzz..... :angry:<_<

Thanks for the heads up Francis. I'll be sure to stay away from Sucks from now on.

Made my blood boil.........