Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anybody else remember these shows?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Quality might not be too great, but for $5, you really can't complain. One reason the DVDs are so cheap is because a lot of really old B movies and TV are now "Public Domain", so anybody that wants burn them onto DVD and sell them can do so. I bought a collection of the Beverally Hillbillies for about $5 because some, or all, of the Beverally Hillbillies is now public domain.

There is a catch however, the TV series (and\or movies) that are in Public Domain might contain copy righted music, and that means they have remove\replace that music (or pay royality fees). As an example, the Beverally Hillbillies DVD I have doesn't contain the orignal theme song to the show, you know: "Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed.....". It's replaced with some cheezy country music that I assume is public domain too. Other than that, it is pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I haven't watched any of them yet....but I guess I can't complain, you get what you pay for. $5 bucks is $5 bucks lol giggle.gif pixiedust.gif

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
Also Wal Mart has some DVD's for a buck, I picked a Howdy Doody DVD really brought back memories

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
Anyone remember My Mother the Car ?

Solanis

Solanis

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Anyone remember My Mother the Car ?

Yes...it had Jerry Van Dyke it didn't it? I vaguely remember watching it a few times when I was a really little girl like five or under. I remember really liking it.

Someone mentioned Davey and Golith I watched that too and it was so cute. I have watched it recently not sure on what channel but some religous one. Its supposed to be for kids I know but still like it.

I also wanted to say a good place to look for cheap old shows or hard to find shows is www. ioffer.com

There is another site too that I ordered a movie I had looked all over for Amazon had it but it was really really expensive and I got it off there for 10 dollars. www.cinemavalue.org.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users