Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Anybody else remember these shows?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

wash ur face

wash ur face

• Pip
  • 1,043 posts
A sitcom called Rocky Road. I think there were 3 kids that ran an ice cream parlor. I don't remember them having any parents. I think the oldest was a teenager. I think they lived in the ice cream parlor or something.

Day by Day, the sitcom with Julia Louis Dreyfus as the stuck up neigbor (i think she was stuck up). A couple had a day care in their house and they had some creepy looking teenage son that hung around the kids. I'm sorry but I would not leave my kids at that place.
I'm thinking that a lot of people here remembers that show, but no one in real life will admit to remember it.

add on...

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
The titles of those shows sound familiar but dont remember them

Anyone remember Small wonder?

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
QUOTE(wash ur face @ Mar 15 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A sitcom called Rocky Road. I think there were 3 kids that ran an ice cream parlor. I don't remember them having any parents. I think the oldest was a teenager. I think they lived in the ice cream parlor or something.
Day by Day, the sitcom with Julia Louis Dreyfus as the stuck up neigbor (i think she was stuck up). A couple had a day care in their house and they had some creepy looking teenage son that hung around the kids. I'm sorry but I would not leave my kids at that place.
I'm thinking that a lot of people here remembers that show, but no one in real life will admit to remember it.
add on...

I kinda remember the ice cream parlor one, can't think of who was in it or the name

Selma

Selma

• Pip
  • 15 posts

YES! I remember this one but not the ice cream one. Julia Louis Dreyfus made a great stuck-up neighbor biggrin.gif

wash ur face

wash ur face

• Pip
  • 1,043 posts
I don't remember who played on Rocky Road either..but I still remember the song.

Yeah I remember Small Wonder, I never understood why they made her wear that little house on the prarie dress.

What about that Gary Coleman cartoon? The Cartoon network still airs that show.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,491 posts
Anyone remember "Heartland" ? It only lasted 13 episodes in 1989, Brian Keith, Katie Layman, Jason Kristofer, Devin Ratray, Daisy Keith, and Richard Gilliland. I enjoyed it.

Another one, "The Jackie Thomas Show" with Tom Arnold. and "The Charmings" both funny shows that the critics trashed.

Selma

Selma

• Pip
  • 15 posts
OK, back to the 70's----who remember's Apple's Way with Ronnie Cox?

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
never heard of it

wash ur face

wash ur face

• Pip
  • 1,043 posts
I think I remember that Tom Arnold show.

Guest_Shockalot_*

Guest_Shockalot_*
  • Guests
Someone once asked me if I remember this wierd childrens show that would come on at 3am and had werewolves that danced to rock music, superheroes with big afros, Dracula and Igor and Vincent Price as Narrator.
Yes.
It was called 'The Hilarious House of Frightenstein'.

http://www.frightenstein.com/

crappysucks

crappysucks

• Pip
  • 2,610 posts
QUOTE(nebartist @ Mar 15 2006, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The titles of those shows sound familiar but dont remember them

Anyone remember Small wonder?

I remember - boy was that show freakish or what?

Guest_Shockalot_*

Guest_Shockalot_*
  • Guests
My sister was asking me if I remembered a Childrens Show that came out somewhere in ..maybe the early eighties which was basically a puppet show that took place in the sea (or an aquarium?) and it involved a Snail and his underwater friends.
I have this really vague memory of this.. it was 'low budget' but was a pretty popular little kids show for the time it was on.
Anyone know this one?

Here is another one I bet most people forgot about already - it was called 'Bigfoot and .... oh oh.. I think I have forgotten..
Bigfoot and Littleboy?

It was a lesser known Sid and Marty Krofft LSD sorta half-hour adventure and it featured Bigfoot (of course) and a young lad who I think was raised in the wilderness by either Bigfoot or Natives.
Anyways, each week him and Bigfoot (who for some reason had super jumping abilities) would solve forestry crimes and infractions.
Dont ask me why but for some reason I think the Bionic Man was involved as a special guest once.

If you remember that one - you watched too many wierd Krofft movies like I did back in the eighties lol!

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Wow, I do vaguely remember that Bigfoot show! I don't remember the name though. When I think of a definitive Sid and Marty Krofft show, it's got to be H.R. Pufnstuf!

Guest_Shockalot_*

Guest_Shockalot_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(kayo @ Apr 24 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I do vaguely remember that Bigfoot show! I don't remember the name though. When I think of a definitive Sid and Marty Krofft show, it's got to be H.R. Pufnstuf!

Hehe.. it was called 'Bigfoot and Wildboy' and there is a hilarious article on that one (scroll down) and also another wierd one called 'Sigmund the Sea Monster'.

http://www.x-enterta.../articles/0450/

Oh yeah... no doubt about it that HR PufnStuf remains the all time Krofft Classic. The controversy over the drug induced hallucinations of it all continue lol.

SamTheCat

SamTheCat

• Pip
  • 877 posts
QUOTE(Shockalot @ Apr 24 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah... no doubt about it that HR PufnStuf remains the all time Krofft Classic. The controversy over the drug induced hallucinations of it all continue lol.

lol I remember that - what a freaky puppet unsure.gif His name kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it? 'Puff' 'n 'Stuff' . . . laugh.gif huh.gif

Don't remember the bigfoot show or the seamonster show but the bigfoot show reminds me of The Littlest Hobo, that show from the 80's about a homeless dog who'd travel from town to town saving kids from drowning rivers and infiltrating crime rings with his cuteness and then tipping off the cops to bring abpit justice. The star of the show was a real dog, not one of those mechanical dog puppets and he was really good because he could do emotion and stuff not just action scenes . . .

Guest_Shockalot_*

Guest_Shockalot_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(SamTheCat @ Apr 25 2006, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol I remember that - what a freaky puppet unsure.gif His name kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it? 'Puff' 'n 'Stuff' . . . laugh.gif huh.gif

Don't remember the bigfoot show or the seamonster show but the bigfoot show reminds me of The Littlest Hobo, that show from the 80's about a homeless dog who'd travel from town to town saving kids from drowning rivers and infiltrating crime rings with his cuteness and then tipping off the cops to bring abpit justice. The star of the show was a real dog, not one of those mechanical dog puppets and he was really good because he could do emotion and stuff not just action scenes . . .

Hehe.. thats awesome Sam, Im not sure if the American readers will know what we are talking about The Littlest Hobo was an all-time Canadian Classic TV show.
"Theres a voice.. that just keeps on calling me.. down the road.. thats where I wanna be.. every step I take.. I meet a new friend.. then down the road back home again.. doo doot do dooooo"

Please tell me you have seen the Corner Gas episode where Hank .. lol.. has this German Shepard following him around and is convinced its 'The Littlest Hobo' lol!
The rest of them try and explain that there is no way the LH could still be alive since its been about 18 years since the show was on the air.
"Thats pretty long for a dog to live you know"

Just hilarious.

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
anyone remember Rags To Riches?

SamTheCat

SamTheCat

• Pip
  • 877 posts
QUOTE(Shockalot @ Apr 25 2006, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe.. thats awesome Sam, Im not sure if the American readers will know what we are talking about The Littlest Hobo was an all-time Canadian Classic TV show.
"Theres a voice.. that just keeps on calling me.. down the road.. thats where I wanna be.. every step I take.. I meet a new friend.. then down the road back home again.. doo doot do dooooo"

Please tell me you have seen the Corner Gas episode where Hank .. lol.. has this German Shepard following him around and is convinced its 'The Littlest Hobo' lol!
The rest of them try and explain that there is no way the LH could still be alive since its been about 18 years since the show was on the air.
"Thats pretty long for a dog to live you know"

Just hilarious.

omg the tune . . . it used to make me tear up - doo doot do dooooo - lol! I've never bothered to tune into Corner Gas because CTV has so many commercials for it it's like I've already watched the show laugh.gif (that and Canadian Idol - lol) But shucks now I totally want to see it - if they liked Littlest Hobo then you gotta like them biggrin.gif

QUOTE(nebartist @ Apr 26 2006, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone remember Rags To Riches?

Hmmm . . . I think my mom may have been into that - it's bringing back a memory of my mom hogging the tv during prime viewing time laugh.gif What was it about?

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
QUOTE(SamTheCat @ Apr 25 2006, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm . . . I think my mom may have been into that - it's bringing back a memory of my mom hogging the tv during prime viewing time laugh.gif What was it about?

It was sort of like Annie LOL it was a bunch of teen orphan girls who were adopted by a rich man unsure.gif (that doesnt sound so good now) and they sang

SamTheCat

SamTheCat

• Pip
  • 877 posts
QUOTE(nebartist @ Apr 26 2006, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was sort of like Annie LOL it was a bunch of teen orphan girls who were adopted by a rich man unsure.gif (that doesnt sound so good now) and they sang

LOL - now it's sounding like the Brad Pitt stories I've been reading in Star Magazine laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users