Sign in to follow this  
wash ur face

Anybody else remember these shows?

TCS, You should be able to get each season for $20 or less. I think they released have 6 seasons out.

I loved The Waltons, but pretty much hated Little House, everything was too morally simplistic; there was good, and there was bad. I did like Nelly Olsen simply because she was bad. :)

I liked how on The Waltons John and Olivia didn't always agree, and sometimes strongly disagreed, but it was so well acted and written, you can see that there was a real relationship that had depth to it.

I wish they could or would come up with some good family shows again. I like Brothers and Sisters, but its not suitble for younger kids. My Mom watches Hannah Montana because she doesn't like all the sex talk on the evening shows.lol

Thanks for the info :animated_wave:

At the moment I can't think of a family series I have liked in many years. I'm having a hard time thinking of ANY family drama good or bad in recent years. Talk about a dead TV genre. The 70s were filled with them.

I really liked "My so-called life" it was extremely well written and acted, but it barely lasted one season. I heard Claire Daines didn't want to return. Now and Again was pretty good too. Thirty Something was also good, but that was more of an adult drama.

I loved now and then.

Also loved - Life goes on - Party of five.

Oh joy! I forgot all about Life Goes On....I liked that show! My Mom got me started on watching Party of Five. She even named her dog Baylie. The last season wasn't as good, at least for me.lol

I loved Picket Fences and Northern Exsposure. I need to see if they are on DVD.

I have all of Northern Exposure on DVD. It was a pretty good series. I am not sure I've completely forgiven Rob Marrow for walking out on show. His leaving changed the dynamics\chemistry of the show, and it just wasn't the same after he left.

I live within 1 hour of where they filmed on location (Rosalyn WA) and have actually been in the Brick bar. The main sets were located in a warehouse not too far from where I work, but I had never been there.

Yeah...when Rob Marrow walked out it wasn't the same. I heard that he wanted more money. My hubby was in love with the short dark haired girl who was the pilot. :drool:

The big-boned female state trooper was funny, I liked her.

I knew it was filmed in Washington. Very pretty area. I lived in Spokane a 100 years ago.lol Fairchild AFB.

I thought the show was a boring piece of crap, and I still to this day never got the hype.

:smilielol::hahohi::smilielol:

Back when Northern Exposure was on CBS prime time, I had one of those big satellite dishes (still have it). Northern Exposure was one of several shows that I would watch about 1 week before it was on the air and it was commercial free. Pretty cool at the time. How it all worked was once the production company had finished and episode they would transmit it to CBS via satellite, anyone with a satellite dish could watch it. It was possible to watch a lot of network shows that way. I watched several seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation via satellite, without commercials. What was even better was that the video\audio was DVD quality, which was back in the days before DVDs and the quality of TV\Cable broadcasts was OK, but not great.

yeah, several years ago my father-in-law had one of those big dishes, I liked watching shows on that system. He liked the nascar races, they showed alot of action in the pits. We have that dish and we use it as an umbrella, it only filters out the sun cos' its mesh.

Northern Exposure is another series I'm going to have to find on DVD. :rolleyes:

Ok I don't know if this is where I ask question about what the name of a show is. When I was very young there was a show that I always wondered about. It was a comedy, the main set was a barn (I think) about the only cast member I remember was and Indian and I think his name was Chief Hawkeye or Cockeye. He wore a big head dress. Whenever the phone rang he would say "collect" if it wasn't a collect call he would talk on the phone. I also remember alittle boy, and a man that wore a cowboy hat. Any ideas?

Sounds like it might be a episode of Lost In Space. :animated_bouncy:

no...it was a series, I don't remember too much about it, I guess it wasn't on for very long. I might have to write Morty a letter and see if he knows. I know I thought it was so funny that the Chief would always ask if the call was collect. :)

Can you recall what years it was on, Time of day, was it a network show or local?

I was joking about Lost In Space. :)

I was pretty young....it was on in the evening (I think). I'm giving my age away....oh well, around 1960-61. It was on some kind of ranch... or farm. A sit-com.

Added: I asked my mom, and she sorta remembers the show.

Added: I asked my sister and she does remembers the show. She also thinks it might have a dude ranch or guest ranch.....she says "yes there was a show and I remember the Indian, no your not crazy....". She doesn't remember the name.

TCS, this sound familiar. I'll see what I can dig up for you. :)

TCS, check this link out, I think this is the show that you are looking for: Guestward Ho!

God....I don't want to say it....but you ARE frickin good :notworthy: .....because thats IT!!!!! :notworthy: I even had the dates right, because I sorta remembered where I lived at the time and I asked my mom what year we lived there. I bet I would never find it on DVD...lol :)

TCS wrote:

I bet I would never find it on DVD...lol

Probably not an offical release, but you might find a crappy copy on DVD that was transferred from a VHS tape that someone recorded off TV 20+ years ago.

I was just alittle kid when Guestward Ho! was on. I remember really liking the show. Now that my Mom has thought about it, she said she caught me playing with our telephone and saying "collect" into it. I googled it and have been reading about the show. I think I'll try and find the book the show was based on. :)

Thank-you so much for finding the name of the show for me. :)

Well I googled Guestward Ho! and on about the 14th or 15th page I found an old ad that someone is selling a pilot collection of a bunch of pilots from the 60's....the 1960 pilot episode of Guestward Ho! was in the collection....its on DVD and they're asking $225.00!!!! So there is some of this show floating around out there. :)

I'll check around. Most likely you can find the same thing for $50 or less. I bought the entires series "Newhart" on 33 dvds for about $50. Others were selling the same DVDs for over $100.

I thought it was alittle high.....I think there was over 30 DVDs. It just made me happy to see that there was some footage still out there.lol

I was shopping at my local "Wallyworld" and they had a whole bunch of DVDs for $5. I found a box set of 57 TV Westerns. Theres episodes of The Cisco Kid, The Roy Rogers Show, The Lone Ranger, plus several other westerns. I can't wait to watch some of these shows! :pixiedust: