Sign in to follow this  
wash ur face

Anybody else remember these shows?

I think I remember Rag to Riches. Wasn't that Big-headed Tisha Campbell on the show?

Bosom Buddies still comes on TBS early Saturday mornings.

wasn't rags to riches the one where the rich guy adopted the girls? or was that something like chantilly lace? i can't remember.

and yes, day by day......that was a good show!

does anyone remember second noah? LOVED THAT SHOW!

LMAO @ The Littlest Hobo, I remember it. Same with Small Wonder, I LOVED that show!

How about "My Two Dads"?

Anyone in Canada or Australia remember the show "Skippy"? About the kangaroo, then they would air the French version on other channels and he would be called "Kippy" ROFL.

degrassi jr. high or degrassi high. not the new degrassi that's on now, but the old show with spike and joey and snake and the gang? used to LOVE that show!

Don't forget Wheels! LOL

ETA Does anyone know where to pick up a copy of Zit Remedy's Greatest Hits?

HA!! that's right! wasn't he the one who almost got molested by the dude in the car when he ran away?

and what were the twins names??

oh, and i bet i could sing that stupid theme song.......

when i wake up in the morning, gotta shake that feeling, gotta face a day of schoool....

what's to be afraid of, i can ask a question, maybe even bend the rules..........

Okay! How about this one? Does anyone remember a show called "Sky King"??? It was in black and white, sometime in the 60's I think.

OK, while on the subject of Rags to Riches, it was actually a weekly comedy musical. Every onece in a while the cast would break out in song. This reminded me of two other shows;

Hull High; typical high school dramedy except that they all occasionally broke out into song.

Cop Rock; gritty police drama a la Hill Street Blues, except that they all occasionally broke out into song (yes I'm serious).

Does anyone remember Equal Justice? Man, I loved that show, it was about some NY Prosecutors and a couple of public defenders. It had Sarah Jessica Parker, Joe Morton, Jane Kazmarek, Jon Tenney, Stanley Tucci, and Deborah Farentino. It came out about the same time the L.A. Law was on, and was far better, but just never caught on.

How about Space: above and beyond? Despite the hokey sounding title it was an aswome series about a group of U.S. space marines fighting in a losing war against an alien race that was decimating human colonies and threatening earth itself. This was all taking place less than a generation after an A.I. war where humans had just barely survived a rebellion by artificial intelligence droids they'd created as servants. The A.I war had already reduced the human population to the point they started making genetically engineered humans called in-vitros which were now suffering discrimination from the rest of the human population as the war with the aliens (called the chigs) started.

The pilot episode actually showed them going through basic training with none other than R. Lee Ermey playing the drill seargeant. The backstory to this thing was so well thought out and intricate, it really put this show in a class by itself. It was awsome, and ended on a cliffhanger, but was never renewed for a second season (I hate it when that happens).

Okay! How about this one? Does anyone remember a show called "Sky King"??? It was in black and white, sometime in the 60's I think.

Wow!! that goes way way back, its one of the first shows I remember watching as a little girl, that and Lassie. I just searched it on imdb to check the dates, it aired from '51-'62.

when i was a kid, i was fascinated by ghost stories, horror shows....but back then it wasnt the kind of horror like texas chainsaw massacre...

i remember watching: twilight zone (of course),night gallery,Dark Room (it was only one season, but the episode with Claude Aikens-aka Sherrif Lobo-chopping off the legs of a homeless man really freaked me out then and now)...for a short while our local station had Hammer House of Horror---which was really gory for early 80's television....my family lived in st petersberg florida from 1976-1979 and every Saturday after riding my bike with my friends pretending to be either Charlies Angels girls or the CHIPS motor police i'd come in and watch Creature Feature with Dr Paul Bearer-and i was sooo scared of both him and the old hokey scarey movies they showed.....i was 9 when we moved away, but i got to meet the now late Dr Paul Bearer on a trip back to florida when i was 18 and he kissed my hand :)

Sky King...Wow! Flicka...Lassie....Father Knows Best....and the Beaver!

Hey, how about "Mann and Machine?"

Looks like a good place for this.................

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Favorite Martian, Invisible Man Live On, Online

Classic television series including My Favorite Martian, I Spy, Daniel Boone and The Invisible Man, as well as kid-skewed fare such as The Gumby Show, are heading for digital distribution hubs such as Google Video and iTunes. I don't know, watching a black-and-white Ray Walston on the Internet just seems so... wrong.

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 11/10/06 8:56 AM

Some old ones.....I think from the 70's....I have them on tape

All in The Family

Mash

Cheers

And more recently, Arrested Development---one of the funniest ever, for some reason didn't survive.

Sorry...posted theses in the wrong place....meant them in best Comedy category....

Still...all are worth mentioning antwhere!!

Sorry...posted theses in the wrong place....meant them in best Comedy category....

Still...all are worth mentioning antwhere!!

one of those days.....too tired to be posting......

sorry about the repeats.....i plead sleep-deprivation.....

Yes I remember SKY KING he was a rancher thet flew a plane and had a neice named Penney, it ran in the late '50s and early 60's

How about Space: above and beyond? Despite the hokey sounding title it was an aswome series about a group of U.S. space marines fighting in a losing war against an alien race that was decimating human colonies and threatening earth itself. This was all taking place less than a generation after an A.I. war where humans had just barely survived a rebellion by artificial intelligence droids they'd created as servants. The A.I war had already reduced the human population to the point they started making genetically engineered humans called in-vitros which were now suffering discrimination from the rest of the human population as the war with the aliens (called the chigs) started.

The pilot episode actually showed them going through basic training with none other than R. Lee Ermey playing the drill seargeant. The backstory to this thing was so well thought out and intricate, it really put this show in a class by itself. It was awsome, and ended on a cliffhanger, but was never renewed for a second season (I hate it when that happens).

I remember that show! It was as good as you describe, very well thought out. Reminded me of a 'thinking man's' Starship Troopers. It was done by Chris Carter, the same person who brought us the X-Files, and Millenimum (if you remember that one - another excellent show.)

For some reason that show does ring a bell, when was it aired??

When I was younger I use to stay up all night watching old shows on TV.....Good chance I caught this show, I do rememeber the Life of Riley use to come on at 2:00 in the morning, so I would catch it.

I remember the LIFE OF RILEY starring William Bendix on Friday nights after Dragnet when they were new lol lol

Yep I remember The Life of Riley - loved that show. I also remember Dragnet. Good ol' Joe Friday - "Just the facts m'aam!" :D

I remember Saturday mornings watching The Roy Rogers Show, with Roy, Dale, Pat and the crew. Of course, these were in black and white because there was no color back then.

:oops: My age is showing.

If you watched Roy and Dale, you must have also stuck around on Saturday mornings for Sky King.

Highway Patrol ran from '55-'59. The California Highway Patrol provided real CHP cruisers for the show during the firsrt 2 seasons.

And Gene Autry the singing cowboy. I still remember the names of all the animals too. Champion was Gene's horse, Buttermilk was Dale's, Trigger the famous Palomino, Nellie Belle the jeep (Pat didn't like horses), Bullitt the German Shepard.

I remember Fury (the black stallion) too. Never missed that on Saturday mornings. :)