#61 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:09 AM

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Apprentice Results – Trump Fires White Trash Plus One

For week seven of The Apprentice Los Angeles, teams were assigned the task of creating a special owner experience for a group of preferred guest to introduce a new flagship Lexus sedan. The team that received the highest customer satisfaction results in a survey would win the task.

On team Kinetic, Jenn volunteered to be project manager. On team Arrow, Surya remained project manager, since they won the last task. Team Kinetic came up with the theme of “Sixth Sense of Luxury,” while team Arrow came up with the theme of “Bringing Luxury to a New Level.”

Team Arrow had an elegant event with fine food, and they allowed guests to go on a test drive in the Lexus to see its self-parking feature. However, Team Arrow faced the challenge of the battery dying in their demo car.

Team Kinetic had go carts and a magician for their event. Not all the signage for Kinetic’s event got done because they were late in completing the creative. During Kinetic’s presentation, Jenn lost her place and had to stumble through describing the new Lexus sedan.

Team Arrow received an overall rating of 94 on a scale to 100, and Team Kinetic received an overall rating of only 84 on a scale to 100. For their reward, Team Arrow got to create a new song with Snoop Dog.

In the boardroom, Apprentice 4 winner Randal Pinkett pointed to the signage being weak, and Jenn said Angela & Derek were in charge of the signage. When Derek started taking heat for coming up with the go cart idea, Derek professed to being white trash. Trump took issue with Derek’s expression, and Trump fired him on the spot.

However, Trump also wanted to fire whoever was responsible for the loss so the boardroom continued. Even though Jenn tried to convince Trump that he should just consider Derek the fired candidate for the task, Trump said “You’re not going to get off the hook. I’m not going to do it. Derek is fired because he was stupid, ok, and he said something so stupid.” Trump told Jenn, “You weren’t an effective project manager, you lost, your team didn’t have great respect for you, although they do like you. I think you really tried..” Jenn interrupted and argued with Trump that her team respected her. Trump acknowledged that her team respected her but fired her anyway.

#62 gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:14 AM

This appears that The Donald is totally with bored with the Apprentice. I think he is moving on with another challenge for himself. The board rooms are a joke now, and he acts as though these people are boring him to death.

#63 deedsy

deedsy

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

" It was so stupid for Donald fire Derek for a joke. He should've fired him for his bad ideas instead and for sitting back and doing nothing just so he could pass the buck.

Muna is my fav to win"

Why shouldnt Trump have fired him? That was an absolute stupid boneheded thing to say whether it was a joke or not. The other thing is Derek didnt really act like it was a joke when Trump and Randall were drilling him with questions after. I dont blame Trump at all he was up to no good everytime something came out of that guys mouth it was about sabatoging a team player.

As far as Muna goes I really really dont care for her either. Although I think she will probablly be there in the end.

P.S. they should keep Randall for the board room he does a great job!

#64 Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Randall did better than Trump. biggrin.gif

#65 ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

Randall did great, but did you notice how Trump didn't take kindly to it? He seemed quite annoyed that Randall was so quick. I loved it!

#66 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

March 4, 2007: Double Down
Whoa. How did fried appetizers become boardroom talk? Bye, bye Derek. "Do you think I want to hire someone who's 'white trash'?" Fired. And Jenn… oh, boy. "The sun moves across the sky." You can't explain your way out of it fast enough, so just stop. I can't believe she said to Angela that her poor marketing work made them "resort to go-karts and sh*t like that." What? You loved the go-karts! And then she tried to get Trump to avoid firing anyone else? Cute. I guess she had nothing to lose at that point and she was a good sport about leaving.

Surya was of no help in the boardroom once again, but Randal (Apprentice 4 winner) spoke enough for both of them. Man, was he pouring out the blame!

I was interested to see how the teams would do with a task like this, because it wasn't creating a product, it was using their presentation skills to sell an already impressive product. Kinetic was all cheers when they saw that Aimee and her "eyes of death" were gone, but Jenn heading up the team didn't look promising from the start since it seemed like she was the last piece of "riffraff" they wanted to get rid of, according to Derek. Their brainstorming took a while to begin brewing, and Angela seemed completely lost. She's been quiet the entire interview and I've been wondering what she had in her business-wise.... I'm worried it's not enough. She was really depending on Derek too much when she was in charge of marketing.

Meanwhile, the Arrow guys were harping on Surya. "He's like the kid on the playground who wants to be cool but just isn't." Does that mean Frank is the bully? And over on the monkey bars, "Tim, don't be a nerd." Uh, hey, lovebirds, get to work. I was with James on his point that their behavior just wasn't professional enough.

During the Lexus events, it seemed there were some technical difficulties on both ends. Jenn's presentation was all over the place, Arrow's car model ran out of juice, but when that blew over, I think it was a lot smarter to show the clients how the car parks itself and have them ride in it, rather than taking a whirl on a go-kart. I understood the idea behind Kinetic's "Sixth Sense" theme, but it just wasn't executed well. You could see the I-told-you-so look on Heidi's face when the task outcome was announced. So far, she's been the most successful and impressive PM for Kinetic.

Did Trump actually say, "Fashizzle"? I have no words.

I was cracking up when James started freestyling for Snoop Dogg. And then Frank, with his cigar and champagne in hand, taking his turn in the circle... I think this reward was more entertaining for me than for them (OK, maybe not completely).

Again, no Ivanka. But at least we got some other power women in this episode: the Lexus executives. I liked the task, but there were all sorts of mini disasters throughout. I'm interested to see how Kinetic fares with four women and a lot of strong personalities closing in on each other. And I'm wondering if the relationship between Tim and Nicole will cause more of a distraction for them or Arrow in general. I think Stefani is going to shine soon. She's my top pick from that team. As for Kinetic, I can see Heidi remaining a solid competitor, but Muna's pretty intense, too. It's still cloudy at this point, considering we're only halfway through the interview. It's easier to gang up on people now, though, and it's every man for himself despite the necessary teamwork.

On with the show, Trump. I vote for more double firings. Anyone else?

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 03/5/07 12:15 AM

#67 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

The Apprentice Results – Surya Yalamanchili Fired

On Team Arrow, Surya told his other team members that he switched teams because he recognized their talent and intelligence. For week eight, teams were assigned the task of creating a half-time event to promote GNC at a Los Angeles Galaxy soccer game. The team that best promotes GNC as judged by a GNC executive will win the challenge.

Surya was project manager for Team Arrow, because they won the last task. Team Arrow came up with the idea of doing a boxing story. Kristine is the project manager for Team Kinetic. Team Kinetic came up with the idea of the GNC vitamin challenge, where four people dressed as GNC vitamins would compete in different challenges.

The GNC executive said Team Kinetic had done a good brand integration and was entertaining by incorporating Spanish & English, but Team Arrow had poor brand integration and he didn’t understand the concept. Team Kinetic won the task. For their reward, Team Kinetic got to play golf with Trump and Mark King,head of Taylor Made-adidas. Each team member also received a set of Donald J. Trump golf clubs.

Before the boardroom, Surya told Team Kinetic that he never should have left their team. In the boardroom, Surya selected James and Tim to face elimination with him. Surya Yalamanchili attempted to make the case that James should be fired for disloyalty. Trump said “You can’t really blame James. James did nothing to lose this task. You don’t like him. It doesn’t work between the two of you. It sort of doesn’t work between you and the team. I happen to think you’re going to be a very successful guy, but for now, Surya, you’re fired.”

#68 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:12 PM

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

March 11, 2007: Just Stop Talking
Well, I was glad to see Surya go tonight. If he announced his 5-2 record one more time, I was going to throw something at the TV. I thought it was hilarious how Frank was reacting to Surya's speech about coming over to Arrow — and I completely agreed with him. I was getting tired of Surya's constant talking. It's too much of a show. Or in James' words, "He's like an annoying old man."

And it wasn't just Surya who couldn't stop babbling tonight. I don't know how much we can attribute to the editing of this show, but I felt as frustrated with Muna as Kristine did. From the footage we saw, Muna was really bothering the Plan B employees and getting in the way of work. Kinetic's props came out great, though, and I was impressed with the idea.... I definitely thought it was more health-focused than Arrow's boxing idea. It was also smart to incorporate Spanish — the one time I was glad Muna was speaking.

Over on Arrow, the girls seemed silent tonight. I still feel like I know Stefani's strengths even though she didn't speak up much this week, but I don't have much faith in Nicole's business abilities at this point in the interview. As for their halftime show, no one was cheering (or did they just not show it?), and it wasn't as fast and exciting at Kinetic's vitamin challenge. I know it's hard to engage that many people at once, but I think the movement and the number of props Kinetic used was more eye-catching than the one boxing ring, and it was clear to me who would win.

The golf course was gorgeous, and it was definitely interesting to see Trump with a cap on his head and a tie nowhere in sight. I have to say, I'd be pretty happy with a brand-new set of golf clubs! Golf may seem like a boring reward, but if you think about it, 1) they got some private time with Trump, while he seemed more relaxed and friendly, 2) they got to hang out on that beautiful course away from a business setting and 3) they walked away with a free set of clubs and probably a lower heart rate. Better than surfing, right?

Meanwhile, Arrow was falling apart and appearing as shaky as their tents were when they were blowing furiously in the wind. Surya's little chat with Kinetic through the bushes came across as begging to me. Obviously he wanted Kristine's help in the boardroom, and I didn't really see anything more than desperation at that point, because he knew he was on the chopping block being the PM.

When the arguments started flying, I was surprised Tim stood up for Surya concerning James, but at least he was honest, and in the end, Surya's lack of leadership abilities and the fact that he admitted he would be better following a PM than being one, all combined to hand Trump his decision on a platter. I was happy to see Bill Rancic this week. I watched him win and thought he deserved it — seems like he's still doing well. Although, he didn't speak until it was time to go to the boardroom, and he didn't say much even then.

Now I'm wondering if the issue about James complaining in the 11th hour will be a problem within Arrow from here on out. I'm hoping Stefani takes the reins next week, because I'm hoping she's as good a leader as I suspect she is. I'm pleasantly surprised Frank has lasted this long and has steered clear of trouble since the beginning of the show (when his big mouth had me scared for his future), but he may just turn out to be one of the final choices.

As for the golfers, I thought it was interesting how, earlier, Trump said Angela was a star when she really hasn't stood out in my mind. At this point, I think Heidi and Kristine are Kinetic's strongest contenders. It would be interesting to have a female final four, but I'm not sure I see that happening.

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 03/11/07 11:32 PM

#69 Realityfan

Realityfan

• Pip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

It seems that the Donald is making all his decisions based on popular vote in the boardroom. For those of you that haven't noticed this season has been a huge dissapointment. dry.gif

#70 Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

I probably shouldn't even contribute to this thread, since I don't watch this show. But I was waiting for the news to come on, and saw the last few minutes in the board room last night. I had this observation:
Ok, we all know about the Donald and Rosie, and their feud, spat, or whatever you want to call it.
As I watched them in the board room last night, I couldn't help but compare that scene to 'the View'. Good grief, on neither show does anyone get to finish a sentence. I couldn't understand what they were saying. Rosie and the Donald both seem to have superiority complexes, or something like that. They think their opinions and ideas more valuable than others, and both are loud mouths, so they have the ability to be heard over everyone else. Blah blah blah -- both so hard headed, they don't really listen to anyone else, cuz I'm sure they feel no one has the wisdom they do-- they've seen in all, heard it all and experienced it all, and have it all figured out. Or so they think.....Sheesh, what money and fame does to people.......

#71 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:07 PM

The Apprentice Results – Muna Heaven Fired

For week nine of The Apprentice Los Angeles, teams were assigned the task of creating a forty-five second soap opera for the Internet about Dial’s Soft Scrub Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser. On Team Kinetic, Kristine remained as project manager. Team Kinetic came up with an adultery concept for their webisode.

On Team Arrow, James stepped up to be project manager. Team Arrow came up with a story line about a boyfriend cleaning a bathroom because he’s getting ready to propose to his girlfriend.

The Dial executives felt Team Arrow had good brand integration but not a very dramatic ending, but Team Kinetic had a great cliffhanger ending but not enough brand integration and a difficult to follow story. Team Arrow was declared the winner of the task, and for their reward, they got to meet with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In the boardroom, Donald Trump questioned why Muna was one of the actresses, because she was difficult to understand. Kristine pointed the finger at Muna as insisting on being on camera. Ivanka Trump questioned Kristine on why she wasn’t there overseeing the filming.

Muna asked Heidi who she would want on her team moving forward based on all the projects they have done from beginning to end. Heidi tried to avoid answering the question, but Trump insisted that she answer, because he felt Muna had asked a very dangerous question. Heidi eventually said that she would want Kristine based on life experience. Trump said “Muna that was not a great question for you to ask. You lost this task. You did a bad job. I have to say, Muna, you’re fired.”

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

March 18, 2007: And… Action!
Why does it always look like a hurricane when we're watching the campers? It's hysterical. But as soon as they stopped screaming during their windy showers, the task got under way, and I thought it was an interesting assignment — fun to watch — because they pretty much only had themselves and some soap.

Although I didn't prefer their story line, it was clear that Arrow's win was based on branding. They featured the product clearly and I found the cleaning montage pretty funny, too. Nicole was a giddy child about being on the Passions set — I almost wanted someone to hold her down. "Me and Tim are the boyfriend and girlfriend in our webisode. That's so cuuute." Uhh, no. I agreed with Tim, it was awkward. It's a good thing Nicole is a fan of the real Passions actors, because she's better off watching. On the other hand, at least her soap addiction lended a hand in camera angles and little details that improved Arrow's approach. I'm not sure exactly what James did as PM (and it was a little weird when he was sort of saying goodbye at brunch), but he was going with the flow and they were all still working as a team. It was nice to see them excited and inspired, especially Tim, who I feel has been so-so lately. Side note: Did anyone think Arrow's matching outfits were odd?

As for Kinetic, I was impressed that Kristine put aside being the star of the webisode for the good of the team and let Muna be in front of the camera, who was already being her difficult self right from the start. At the same time, it wasn't the best move as PM — she should have been more stern about Muna handling the details behind the camera. I agreed with Kristine when she said Muna would probably drive Trump crazy if she worked for him. She's too much to handle at once, there's too much noise and information and second-guessing. When Kinetic was going over their footage, I couldn't believe how much of it was just Muna babbling on and on and making "Soft Scrub" sound so random within the other text of the story (which no one could understand). At that point for me, I wanted to see Muna fired, because she wasn't meshing with her team, I couldn't imagine her being a good manager for Trump and frankly, I was getting tired of hearing her complain about details — similar to how I felt about Surya. (Check out our interview with Surya post-firing to find out some details the cameras didn't show us — like a three-hour boardroom!)

I was excited to see Ivanka back and ready to hear what she would say. And she definitely had a lot to say! I always find her comments very helpful — she's hard-hitting, but she really shines the light on the truth. But nothing was better than Heidi picking Kristine over Muna, because the question came from Muna and it became very personal in that moment. It was definitely a change to see Heidi in the hot seat during the argument, because she's usually very cool-tempered and doesn't need to say much in the boardroom.

Another good decision by Trump this week. I think Angela is sliding by, I think it's time for Frank to try being a PM again, and I think Stefani needs to find her way back to the leadership role I feel she has in her. But let's be honest, people. The lesson this week was clear: "Nobody knows more about leadership than The Terminator." By the way, did Schwarzenegger really become the highest paid entertainer? I didn't know that, but I guess if the Governor said it, I won't argue.

Farewell, Muna. I won't argue with that either.

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 03/18/07 11:18 PM

#72 deedsy

deedsy

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Man the kentic women annoy the hell out of me! They think they are so much better and this and that! Nice to see them lose yet again! They whine because Arrow kicked there ass and sold there asses off. Sure maybe they used tactics that were a little harsh but that is sales! Get over it! God I hope Nicole goes home I have always thought she was overrated and this task proved it. She just flipped out on Tim for not standing up for her. What the is he supposed to do!

LOL! Best quote of the night James says "Women I will never understand them"! LOL!! No offense to any women who post on here this women just really bug the crap out of me! I hope someone from Arrow wins this game! Go Tim and Frank those are my top choices right now!

#73 deedsy

deedsy

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

Well Angela! I dont really care for either. However to me i'm sorry but it was Nicole's idea that lost the task! O well I hope Arrow continues to crush Kinetic into the ground! I cant believe Heidi and Kristin sold her out!

#74 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

I love that sickening smug grin Heidi gets ever time Trump tells her she was a star, then puts emphasis on the WAS and tells her she's not anymore. The smile turns kinda green.

As for Arrow's tactics, well, they were overboard to say the least. To walk up to a customer mid sale and tell them the other team is lying? WRONG It's one thing to steal customers away with a better sales pitch, but once a transaction is underway, stay out of it. If this is what Trump considers fair business practice, he really is a schmuck.

#75 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

The Apprentice Results – Angela Ruggiero Fired

For week ten of The Apprentice Los Angeles, Donald Trump called Team Arrow and told project manager James that someone from their team had to go over to Team Kinetic. No one volunteered to go over, so James selected Nicole to switch teams. Nicole was very upset with James’ decision, and she became determined to help her new team win the next task.

Teams were assigned the task of selling Universal Studios Hollywood passes using a system called Adwalker. Angela Ruggiero stepped up as project manager for Team Kinetic. Team Arrow decided to create a station to draw people in to buy tickets. On Team Kinetic, Nicole suggested using roller skates so they could move around and sell tickets.

Because both teams were selling passes in the same proximity, the task became very cut throat. Team Arrow tried to steal away customers from Team Kinetic by giving away free bottles of waters and saying they had lower prices. Team Kinetic earned $24,440.37, but Team Arrow earned $31,366.65 and won the task. For their reward, Team Arrow received a helicopter ride around the city of Los Angeles.

In the boardroom, Donald Trump grilled Angela on why they lost so badly. Angela blamed Nicole for coming up with the idea to use roller skates. Trump asked Nicole if she was in love with Tim. Trump said Tim wasn’t very loyal because he didn’t fight to keep Nicole on his team.

When Trump asked the other members of Team Kinetic who they would fire, they all said Angela because she was project manager. Trump was distraught over firing an Olympian and asked Angela to make a stronger case for herself. Angela asked why her team mates didn’t catch that they were going the wrong way. Trump said “Well, maybe they wanted to rely on their leader to lead them. Angela, you’re killing me. I can’t fire her, I can’t fire her, I can’t fire her.” Angela replied “So I’ll take the blame on this one,” and Trump said “You have to. Angela, you’re fired.”

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

March 25, 2007: It Always Hurts to Lose
OK, is anyone else having a hard time listening to James? Please. Stop. Talking. What's worse? When he has a megaphone in his hand. I'd rather listen to Ty Pennington scream through one of those things on Extreme Makeover. He never even comes up with the ideas when he's the PM.

But we finally got a task that put both teams on the same turf, able to see each other selling the same product and able to battle it out side by side. The funny part is that the teams' ideas came from Tim and Nicole, which this episode were clearly centered around Nicole since she was traded to Kinetic.

I loved when Kristine called Arrow slimy. And they were being really ruthless and unprofessional stealing customers and making unnecessary comments about the other team. I was really disappointed when they won, because I agreed with Angela on how poorly they represented Universal. Maybe I'm a business softie and should accept the fact that when competition gets tough, you do whatever you can to get on top, but I still wasn't impressed with Arrow's tactics.

The helicopter ride looked pretty sweet, though. Nice reward, Trump! Maybe they should put your footprints outside.

I never thought I'd fully agree with anything Frank said during this process, but I'm really annoyed at how immature Tim was acting over Nicole. Frank was completely right. It's only been a few weeks and he's acting like a lovesick puppy! This. Is. An. Interview. How many times can I stress that?

What was more strange was Trump asking Nicole about Tim, but at the same time, their relationship dominated the task, so I guess it was fair to bring it up. At least it created a lighter moment in the boardroom, as well as Trump's Brooklyn accent coming out. But I was surprised he held such a torch for Angela. I know she's an Olympian, but she really hasn't stood out during this entire process and has floated by almost effortlessly. I'm glad he fired her despite his kind feelings toward her, because her leadership skills really didn't compare to those of people like Heidi or Kristine.

Tim better get his head back in the game or he's going to be a goner next week. You can cuddle with Nicole after the interview's over, OK? Frankly, I can't really imagine him or Nicole working for Trump, but I guess they could change my mind if they stopped talking through the bushes and set their personal issues aside for business concerns.

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 03/25/07 11:17 PM

#76 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

The Apprentice Results – Trump Fires Heidi & Kristine

For week twelve of The Apprentice Los Angeles, Trump’s assistant called and told the teams that there would be no more sleeping in tents and no more project managers. Trump’s assistant also said that Trump wanted the remaining six candidates to split into three teams of two.

The candidates paired off into the follow three teams: Nicole & Kristine, Frank & Heidi, amd James & Stefani. For this week’s job assignment, Trump asked the teams to fly to Las Vegas and develop an advertising campaign for one of his new buildings. Trump said he and his son Don Jr. would make the decision on which advertising campaign was the best.

James & Stefani came up with the theme “The Height of Luxury.” Nicole & Kristine came up with the theme “Las Vegas Turning Gold.” Frank & Heidi came up with the theme “World Class Amenities.” James & Stefani and Frank & Heidi both hired professional photographers to take video and photos of the building. While Kristine worked on the video and brochure, Nicole took a nap. Frank became aggravated that Heidi couldn’t come up with what she wanted in the brochure.

During the presentations, James & Stefani impressed Trump right off the bat. However, Nicole & Kristine had trouble getting their presentation to work. Even worse Nicole & Kristine put the wrong phone number on their brochure. Equally as bad were Frank & Heidi who didn’t state their theme in their video and didn’t have a picture of the building in their brochure.

After the presentations, Trump said James & Stefani did an excellent job and it was highly unlikely that they would be fired. Trump also said he was thinking about firing one person from both of the other teams. While Trump said that Nicole & Kristine made a major mistake by putting the wrong phone number on their brochure, he also said that Frank & Heidi’s brochure and video were worse. Nicole called Kristine out for getting the phone number wrong, and Frank called Heidi out for writing the brochure and dropping the ball on the presentation.

After a heated argument with Frank, Heidi said “If you wanted to fire me solely based on this task, I would 100% agree with you.” Trump said “Heidi, you’re fired.” Then Trump added “Kristine, you’re fired.” Kristine protested that she didn’t even get a chance to defend herself, but Trump said “You picked the wrong number. You admitted it was your fault. Kristine, you put the wrong phone number down in the brochure, you can’t defend yourself. Kristine, you’re fired.”

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

April 8, 2007: Vegas, Baby!
Wow, I think I'm a little short of breath from watching that boardroom tonight. Intense. It was pretty interesting that Kristine chose Nicole over Heidi, but like she said, she needed to prove that she could beat the "super shining star," not just go along for the ride and let Heidi get credit from Trump once again. Unfortunately, neither of them were anywhere near shining this week. Surprising, after remaining such strong contenders this entire time, but once the teams were separated, it seemed that standing apart was a weakness for the two power women. I was actually shocked at their lack of materials and the poorly constructed presentations they produced in the end. And just like that, the original Arrow members became the final four.

First, I have to say that I liked this task because it involved Trump's company and was more realistic for what his newest employee might actually be working on. Second, Trump's jet was pretty insane, and I was just as distracted as Frank by all the gold, tablecloths and mirrors. It was funny to me that he was talking about how cocky James and Stefani are (which I haven't seen in Stefani at all this entire time) when Frank himself is one of the cockiest people I've ever seen. I mean, we learned that from the very first episode. He wasn't meshing very well with Heidi and that was apparent from the moment they began brainstorming on the plane, so I knew something was shaky from the start. I was surprised that Heidi choked during their presentation. She didn't seem as confident as she usually does, and there wasn't even a marketing campaign in tact. "The towers sell themselves," Frank said. Um, is that another way of saying the dog ate your homework? And Trump finally asked what I've been wondering about Frank all along: "Do you have the polish?" Can he represent the Trump organization with class and integrity? He can certainly defend himself well, so maybe there's a chance he can hold it together on a job site.

Nicole's repetitive gestures and loud, booming voice are starting to get on my nerves at this point. Does she have to yell everything? I would have rather listened to her snore. From the footage, it really seemed like Kristine did most of the work on their ad, right from the birth of their gold concept. It's too bad their presentation was a complete flop as well — especially the error with the phone number on the brochure — because I think the idea could have come across as a winning sales point. I'm a little disappointed that Nicole's in the final four. She just doesn't seem cut out for this job, and I'm truly taken aback that she's made it this far.

All in all, it was clear who really owned this task. I was definitely impressed with James and Stefani. They remained cool and collected throughout the entire planning process, and when they stood in front of Trump, there were no awkward pauses and all the necessary information was neatly packaged in a short, interesting presentation. I really do have faith in Stefani's abilities to represent his company strongly. I'm still not sold on James' leadership skills, though. As for Frankie, I guess I could envision him on a construction site, keeping the crew going, gaining respect from those under him while using his noticeable presence to his advantage.

This is crunch time. They have to pull out their best tools, focus their strategies, and put themselves in the shoes of the next Apprentice to really prove they can stand in them and become a part of the golden empire that Trump has built.

Any thoughts on the most promising of the remaining four? Who has this interview in the bag?

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 04/8/07 11:17 PM

#77 Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

April 22, 2007: "Someone's Going to Emerge Victorious"
That someone is Stefani. "The Realist" is hired! Welcome to the Hollywood Bowl. Were we at a concert or watching a TV show? I guess Trump was finishing this disappointing season with all the glamour that L.A. provides. Maybe we should have had a campout instead to honor the windy tents, cold showers and little critters our interviewees had to endure along the way. Everyone was back, some with makeovers (I guess we can't call Surya "The Hair" anymore). It was great, though, to see a roundup of all the tasks and familiar faces that dragged me through this season with a lot of headshakes and eye rolls. Michelle resigning, Surya's big, puppy-dog eyes after Trump fired him, Heidi crumbling in the end. I even forgot about some of the early goners — Martin (although, I probably just mentally blocked him), Aaron, Marisa.

"Those are two skyscrapers I would like to try to help you… erect." Oh, Frankie. I knew he and Nicole had to go first. Nicole, in my opinion, shouldn't have even been in the final four, and Frank, although he may have fared well on a construction site, was just too unreliable to hire.

What was the point of George's little visit?

I was thankful Trump pointed out that Stefani flew under the radar, but in the end, it did turn out to be "genius strategy," and I have to hand it to her — she really composed herself gracefully up there tonight and she certainly won my vote with her answers. She had more chances to fight for herself, too. Hearing more about James' story and what he's done with his career impressed me as well, but in the last 20 minutes, it seemed clear he was the runner-up.

I feel relieved that these 14 weeks have ended, mostly because all the changes this season were just a bit much and it took away from the core of the show, which I feel should be the tasks. Was the new location really taken advantage of? I don't think so. Did we see enough of the actual work, strategy and details? Definitely not. I can't wait to speak with Stefani about her thoughts on those points and the experience as a whole before she jets off to the Caribbean.

Unfortunately, things that stand out for me from this season include a lot of unnecessary screaming, that famous hedge and, of course, Tim and Nicole. Not enough to keep me waiting for next season, even if it is back in New York.

What stands out in your mind? Will The Apprentice remain on your must-watch list?

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 04/22/07 11:25 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users