Sign in to follow this  
Dade

The Apprentice 6

And those difficult people with those personality flaws do test the real candidates. How to they handle a lazy worker? How do they handle a back stabber, a whiner, hard worker yet not qualified for the job, etc, etc. A good manager often has to deal with staff that he\she has not hand picked based on their past successes.

This show actually has gotten better in recent seasons, not worse. Ratings might not reflect that it is better, but they have tweaked it so it is more interesting to watch.

Personally, I think it is much more interesting to watch knowing what I know now, rather than being misled by the concept that all candidates have a shot to win their dream job with Trump (ie survivor all have an equal change to win).

I do wonder if some of the candidates have either been told, or have figure out how the show works, along with their specific role in the game. There have been setups on the show where candidates are obvious given instruction to do something that creates controversy among the candidates. My speculation is that the instructions are given by the producers with a guarantee that Trump will not hold the controversial behavior against them. And it very possible that all the candidates understand some of the setups are setups (they understand they are role playing events that are manufactured, just like some interviews include role playing). The example comes to mind is when one of the candidates does not participate in a Task for religious reasons. I think they all understood that specific scenario was a setup, and they would be judged on how they handled it. Another one is when someone fell asleep during a meeting; possible that it really happened, but I tend to think it was a setup because the stakes are so high, plus the guy never got fired just a harmless warning by Trump to watch himself.

yup, echo, I think those are very likely scenarios.

And paradoxically, this seeminly "skeptical" approach to the show really in fact is just a way of looking at it that makes it that much more entertaining, interesting, and believable.

I too, have enjoyed it more in recent shows, and appreciate the "tweaking" that has gone into its increasing success.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Can Ivanka Trump Give The Apprentice Its Sexy Back?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

070105interview4.jpg

Ivanka Trump, The Apprentice

Five cycles ago, when NBC's The Apprentice was the new kid on the reality-TV landscape, there was no show quite like it. Drenched in the unique metropolitan edginess of New York City and fronted by one of the corporate world's most colorful, if not controversial, personalities, it plumbed the genre in new and exciting and bottled water-pimping ways.

Several years, one Omarosa and a drowsy Lenny later, The Apprentice is struggling to reclaim some of that new-car lustre, because, after all, we now know the Donald. We know how the editing and musical cues can tip the show's hand. We know that, among other ingrained rules, flapping yer yapper in the boardroom too much can arouse "the Cobra." A huge first step toward freshening up the series was setting this edition, premiering Sunday at 9:30 pm/ET, in Los Angeles, its first-ever venture outside of the Big Apple. Another change for the prettier finds Ivanka Trump serving as Dad's eyes and ears during the tasks, and sitting alongside him in the boardroom.

Surveying the show's new setting and the way it impacts the play, Ms. Trump notes, "Just by nature of being out in L.A., with access to a whole different young, fun Hollywood [atmosphere] is going to be very interesting. This season will be very exciting from the standpoint of who we've partnered up with [as task sponsors] and what some of the rewards are." (For example, the winner of the second week's task, a swimsuit-designing competition, gets to party with Hef at the Playboy manse.)

Speaking of Bunnies and, thus, other blonde beauties, one has to wonder how it is that Ivanka, unlike other photogenic progeny of the rich and famous, has for the most part eluded regular appearances in the gossip columns. The 25-year-old explains that it's not a case of her being a fuddy-duddy. Rather, "I consider myself to be a lot of fun, and I have a lot of fun," she argues. "I go out, but that doesn't require me having to dance on tables.

"Ultimately," she continues, "what I love doing is what I'm doing. I take a lot of enjoyment out of working on the 33 projects [the Trump organization] has going up all around the world. That's what I focus on."

Still, and with all due respect to ol' Carolyn

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

The Apprentice

January 7, 2007: Rodeo Drive and Port-A-Potties

OK, Apprentice lovers, beware: As much as I find excitement in this business-minded reality show, Season 6 might not be my cup of tea, or uh, glass of champagne. Right from the start, I was rolling my eyes. Was it necessary to see Trump calling Melania on his way to the airport? Or him driving his convertible and practically yelling the opening monologue? It was just bizarre and way too staged for me.

But on to the candidates. The introductions were... interesting. And if you're an Olympic gold medalist, you get a hug (as awkward as that moment was)! I actually had to rewind and listen twice when Jenn said, "I publish a magazine in my spare time" to actually make sure she said that, before reacting like this: What?! As someone who has worked at several magazines, you don't just publish one in your spare time. But that detail aside, all of these candidates have impressive educational backgrounds, proven successes and ongoing ambitions. I'd say it definitely provides some strong personalities, so we should expect some drama when smart, driven individuals begin to butt heads. And if we had to leave New York, might as well do it up big L.A. style. Who wouldn't want The Donald as a next-door neighbor? Maybe if he isn't the invite-you-over-for-a-BBQ type, you might be able to waft some of his power in through your back door.

Once we got through the scripted welcome, the game began immediately with a chaotic tent assembly. Frank, who are you? I already can't stand him. You don't just whistle at people like dogs and start screaming demands. I understand this competition has a lot to do with leadership and courage, but I definitely would not respond well to someone like him.

It's definitely a gamble for that first set of project managers to choose teams, not knowing much about the other players at all. How do you know who you're really picking? And I have to say, this rule about the project manager remaining the same if the team continues to win is huge. That could tear people apart... even if they are winning.

Already within the first five minutes of the car-wash challenge, I think Tim is doing a better job thinking about the task than Frank is. His flyers were nothing compared to the jumbo cardboard signs the other team quickly drew up. Kudos to Heidi's team for offering free lunch (but did anyone actually see any food?) and getting down and dirty in their heels to fix the backlog of cars. But this Season 6 twist of having the PM help Donald in the boardroom is risky. She didn't see the other team working, so she

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

January 14, 2007: Pink Is the New Black

I'm not digging the whole tent aspect of the game. I think it's stupid and ridiculous. For the most part, people who are bidding for a prestigious job don't then go home to sleep in a tent. What is the point of this? It's dumb!

p.s I thought Carrey's male bikinis were hott! I loved them all, yes, even the pink one!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

January 21, 2007: Johnny Be Gone

Wow. She quit. Quit! The Wicked Witch is

Not exactly excited with this years Apprentice, I think its because its in LA. The concept of being put in the tents, if you do win the challenge, seems pretty silly to me. This is not survivor, I know they are trying to boast the ratings, but this is not it, try again. The cast is fine, but it definitely has lost something not being New York!

The very fact that there are relatively few posts in this thread=so few ppl are watching...

I bet the ratings are really plummeting this season.

I do think taking it to LA is, as I and others have stated, a last ditch effort to save the show. Like so many shows before, once they have jumped the shark, the ratings slide can not be stopped. Very fews shows have been able to recover by overhauling their format or introducting a slew of new characters.

Depsite everyone's else lack of interest, I do watch this show, although somewhat delayed by using TiVo. I like it because I know the show is simply testing 1-3 true apprentices to see how they handle all these others individual who have been cast, akind to actors in a play, wiht very specific talents and very specific flaws. One might be a great accountant, but have weak public speaking skills. Another might be great public speaker, but no organizational skills. The test, in part, is being able to reconized people's talents and weakness so you can run an organization.

I know what u mean echo, and I used to watch it for all the same reasons...but fraid i just can't any longer!

Well, Yath.... from looks around here you're not the only one. It is like a ghost town that used to be over flowing with people during it hey day. Such is the life of 95%+ of all hit shows, only a rare few go out on top:

M*A*S*H

Cheers

Friends

Seinfeld

Newhart

Magnum PI

The Fugitive

Yup, ppl apparently cried when M.A.S.H was over--my aunt said it was the highest-rated TV finale ever. And likewise some of the others u mentioned really made people sad when they ended.

The Apprentice? There will be few tears shed (if any), and in a very short while it will be totally forgotten.

Courtesy of: REALTIY TV MAGAZINE

The Apprentice Results

I hope the Apprentice doesnt get cancelled! I dont know why everyone hates this season so much I like it so far. I watched Season 1 then I completly didnt watch any of the seasons until the latest one were Sean won! I have to admit im mad I didnt watch the other seasons now! So far im liking it I think Aaron is my favorite!

It's not THAT bad. I've definatly seen worse shows. I like it enough to watch it. Other seasons were better though. I liked the one with Omoraso. I loved the season that Kendra won.

Well I think you can put me on the no watch list! With Aaron gone I just dont know. I think I will still watch but maybe only watch on the internet or something.

Ugh, tonight's episode sucked. I can't believe Trump fired Aaron.

So anyways, if you didn't see tonight's episode, Aimee became project manager and didn't do anything and her team hated her for that. However, their team still won and Aimee went to sit next to trump. However, Surya told that guy on Aimee's team that he was in trouble because the whole team supposedly wanted him out (however, Nicole did say to fire Aaron in the boardroom). So Aimee was being a complete B to the izzitch to Aaron and the rest of the team while sticking up for Surya. Despite Aaron's two project wins, Trump fires him because he was too quiet. After Aaron is fired, Surya can't shut his :censored: mouth. Tonight's episode has to be the worst one thus far this season. Aaron would have made a great apprentice. Surya and Aimee need to leave soon. :censored: :censored:

Another thought just entered my head. It's amazing how the whole team last week wanted Marisa to be fired and Trump fired her without any knowledge of what she did on the task. Then this week, the team wants Surya gone, but Trump decides to fire Aaron even though he won 2 times. I hope NBC tells Trump, "You're Fired."

In all fairness, I think they just wanted him gone because he wasn't an original team member. Shawn seemed to zero in on Aaron during the task, I'm surprised he didn't give more input. Or maybe he did and all we saw was Aimee's input due to time constraints and editing. I wish Trump could have shaken things up and fired Aimee!! That girl was useless. Her teams win had nothing in the least to do with her and her leadership.

This season has really lost my vote. Even though I thought a lot of things were wrong with it right from the beginning, I've tried to give it a chance, thinking that it might pick up. Uh-uh--I've given up; I'm now an ex-watcher.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Apprentice Results

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

The Apprentice

by Megan Cherkezian

February 11, 2007: PM = Passive Managers

How many red ties does Trump own? A gazillion. Or just one, I'm not sure.

What else is there to do when The Donald hands out a task? Nod. Nod like it's no problem at all

I know I really I'm pissed at Trump for firing Aaron! Then he calls Nicole a star! First of all I havent seen anything out of Nicole yet to call her a star! I wanna see her as project manager next just to see if i'm right because I dont think she is anywhere near apprentice. Surya is annoying as hell and Aimee sucks! I think they need to split the teams and realign them. I dont know who to root for now I think I will root for Frank just because he is interesting.